Move 2: Mach Punch
Move 3: Flare Blitz
Move 4: Thunderpunch
Item: Life Orb
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Why this set deserves to be on-site:
-Mach Punch prevents easy revenge killing while maintaining KOs
-Takes out Scarfed Tyranitar, Swords Dance Lucario, Defensive Rotom, weakened Flygon, and Scarfed Heatran
-Boosted Thunderpunch does huge damage to bulky waters and OHKOs Gyarados (with Intimidate)

Additional Comments:
-Adamant for more power but loses to max speed base 100s
-Expert Belt

Teammates and Counters:
-Stealth Rock is important
-Works well with Gyarados and Scizor
-Works well with Celebi defensively
-Suicune, Hippowdon, and Swampert wall it
-Stamie and Gengar threaten it

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
The lack of Close Combat means Vaporeon survives after stealth rock and leftovers, and KO's with Surf. Swampert and Suicune wall this as well. The fact that CC is not slashed anywhere is absurd.

Fire Punch should definitely be slashed as Infernape immediately dies if it manages an OHKO with Flare Blitz. Blaze Kick should be AC.

This set's entirety should be put in AC.

Let me do some calculations for you-

Close Combat and Infernape's fighting-type gives it an STAB multiplier, so a Close Combat used by Infernape will have an effective power of 180.

Thunderpunch has a base power of 75, and when it doubles it falls short- Only a power of 150 against single super effective multipliers.

These ratios are set in stone, even by Swords Dancing: CC spikes up to 360, while Thunderpunch- A super effective one, at that- Still falls short, only having 300 base power.

If you wanted to hit Gyarados, why don't you replace Thunderpunch with Stone Edge?

I think it's fine in the analysis as is. everything necessary is slashed already. "if it aint broke, don't fix it"

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I put in Thunderpunch over Stone Edge to OHKO Gyarados without 80% accuracy and to still be able to hit bulky waters hard. It is true that a Vaporeon will most likely survive after Stealth Rock and Leftovers, but I think that Thunderpunch gives better coverage.

Suicune and Swampert are only beaten by the Nasty Plot Infernape with Grass Knot, not the SD analysis currently on Smogon.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Infernape point blank needs Close Combat on the Swords Dance Set. Thunderpunch is only better for gyarados and tentacruel and the latter is uncommon (and starmie I guess but that outspeeds you anyway). Thus, CC is way way way way way way better.
Sorry...
QC REJECTED (1/3)

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Infernape point blank needs Close Combat on the Swords Dance Set. Thunderpunch is only better for gyarados and tentacruel and the latter is uncommon (and starmie I guess but that outspeeds you anyway). Thus, CC is way way way way way way better.
Sorry...
QC REJECTED (1/3)

All you are doing is slashing thunder punch for SE and replacing CC, this is is no way worthy of analysis, AC sure.

QC REJECTED (2/3)

Close Combat has 180 Base power against waters [neutral], whereas thunderpunch has 150 when super effective....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)