New UU List (May 2010)

Hola Amigos! With X-Act on break, I have taken up the mantle of publishing the new tier lists! Back in January, it was decided that we would only update the tiers 3 times a year, January, May, and September. And luckily, it couldn't have come at a more convenient time for UU! Let's look at the changes due to useage!

Firstly, due to Umbreon barely making it into the OU list this month, it has jumped over BL and straight back to OU.

Next, a few Pokemon have lowered in the stats enough to fall out of UU, which means NU gets some new toys to play with. Drifblim, Nidoqueen, and, Qwilfish all took enough of a dive in useage to no longer be officially UU (but that doesn't mean you can't use them!)

Lastly, Slowking decided it was time to leave NU and go hang out with it's cousin Slowbro in the UU tier. Sorry NUers! (And Miltank has risen as well.)

With all this commotion, plus the Pokemon recently named BL, UU is now down to the following 50 Pokemon:

Code:
Absol     
Aggron    
Alakazam  
Altaria   
Ambipom   
Arcanine  
Azumarill 
Blastoise 
Blaziken  
Chansey   
Claydol   
Clefable  
Cloyster  
Donphan   
Drapion   
Dugtrio   
Feraligatr
Hariyama  
Hitmonlee 
Hitmontop 
Houndoom  
Kabutops  
Lanturn   
Leafeon   
Ludicolo  
Mesprit   
Milotic
Miltank      
Mismagius 
Moltres   
Nidoking  
Omastar   
Poliwrath 
Regirock  
Registeel 
Rhyperior 
Rotom     
Sceptile  
Scyther   
Slowbro   
Slowking  
Spiritomb 
Steelix   
Swellow   
Tangrowth 
Torterra  
Toxicroak 
Uxie      
Venusaur  
Weezing

UMBREON! NOOOOOOOOOO!

Aww, no drops? While I'm happy for no Heracross or Hippowdon, I was looking forward to Tentacruel and Dusknoir.

R.I.P Slowking, thing's are gonna get interesting with Nidoqueen and Quil back again, and Drifblim of course. Finally Umb is out again, Curseback was just irritating so good riddance =.=

thanks for taking the initiative and doing tiering stats RBG! I usually kind of miss Pokemon when they go out of UU but damn I really can't say I miss Umbreon at all... the Curse set was* one of the most annoying POS in UU lol -.-

I kinda want Heracross to drop. It's awesome IMO and deserves a little love. It could probably become a top-tier UU if it dropped.

Until the April stats, I really thought Jumpluff was going to UU. It just has to. Gen2 it was OU. Gen3 it was BL. Let's bring it to UU so it'll follow the pattern of dropping one tier every generation. People need to start using it more.

Oh wow. Umbreon gone and headed for OU huh? That's a shame. I'll miss Umbreon.

Thanks for the stats, RBG!
-Terywj

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Man nothing dropped....Heracross I wasn't expecting, but perhaps an outside chance for something like Tenta or Dusknoir....oh well. Roserade coming down would've been fun atleast.

Umbreon to OU could be a good fit to teams. So glad about Slowking being moved up to UU :D

Poor Nidoqueen and Qwilfish though :( (I don't care about Drifblim, sorry, lol)

Thanks for doing the math, RBG.

I kinda like how this turns out... stall kinda takes a concession for offensive teams losing Raikou, though stall probably gets the worse end of that trade. I'll take it! Thanks, bad OU players!!

Good riddance Umbreon, you always were a bitch to my teams.

No Slowking in NU? Ok I think it's time for Magmortar to get the banhammer.

I liked Qwilfish =(. Glad that Raikou and Froslass are finally gone though. Now I can finally start using Torterra without being afraid of HP ice when fighting electric types (Besides Magneton, but I can outspeed that.) I'm guessing Torterra usage is going to shoot up because of this, and maybe Altaria

Poor Umbreon I'm going to miss it a lot but now it's in OU I see it doing as much work as it would've done in UU. I was looking forward to seeing Heracross but whatever.

atleast now we can get a nice UU round without any major drops down to deal with and see who the suspects really are in what looks like it could be a fairly ballanced time now Froslass and Raikou gone

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've been advocating Heracross usage on the OU ladder for a while and I think players are finally starting to understand that he's just as good as he's always been. I will admit that he's been facing some stiff competition between the likes of Infernape, Lucario, and Machamp. Guess there isn't room for everything on your team and when you're thinking of a top-knotch quality sweeper, Heracross isn't exactly the first thing coming to mind. However, in terms of wallbreaking it's easily one of the best in the business.

But I digress. I suppose we'll have to wait for Tentacruel and Roserade, as they're really having trouble fitting in the OU metagame and even stall teams manage to get along fine without them.

protip: LO Roserade is inferior to LO-anything-else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)