Metagame NFE Metagame

Viability Rankings Update

The council has voted! Here are the new rises and drops that will be implemented shortly. Sorry for any formatting errors!​
Rises

A -> S
A- -> A
A- -> A
A- -> A
B -> A-
B -> A-
B -> A-
B+ -> A-
B+ -> A-
B -> B+
B- -> B
C+ -> B
C -> B
C -> B-
C+ -> B-
C+ -> B-
C+ -> B-
C+ -> B-
UR -> C
UR -> C
UR -> C
UR -> C-
UR -> C-
UR -> C-
UR -> C-

Drops

S -> A+
A- -> B+
B+ -> B
A -> B
A- -> B-
B+ -> B-
B -> B-
B -> B-
B- -> C+
C+ -> C
C+ -> C
C+ -> C
C -> C-
C -> C-
C+ -> UR
C -> UR
C -> UR
C- -> UR
C- -> UR
C- -> UR

Council Votes

Attachments

Last edited:
When you try your best but you dont suceed. Now to not make this pure shitpost, imma post some thoughts on the Servine suspect so we have activity.

Servine
Servine has been a mon in my mind when i think of something we should ban. The fact it can handle its counters oozes unhealthy and the team building compression is big. You cant make a team without prepping major for Servine. Servine can just use Leaf Storm without worry, because once it hits you gain +2 Special thanks to Contrary. Amazing utility with Glare and Knock Off which let it cripple its checks like Grimer-A and Roselia. Servine in my opinion has to go, it restricts teambuilding and its just an unhealthy presence in the meta. If im able to vote, i will be voting BAN. Thank you for reading my brief summary, have a wonderful day[/QUOTE]

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
NFEPL 3 Finals Round Up Post
Updated standings, team and player records, matchup results for the week and replays can be found on the NFEPL 3 spreadsheet.

Finals Admin
  • Admin: SBPC was subbed in for Huston from the Ferocious Ferroseeds.
Note: ORAS NFE and Ubers NFE Usage Stats will be compiled at the end of the tour.

SM NFE Finals Usage Stats

+ ---- + ------------------ + ---- + ------- + ------- +
| Rank | Pokemon | Use | Usage % | Win % |
| 1 | Staravia | 7 | 50.00% | 57.14% |
| 1 | Marshtomp | 7 | 50.00% | 28.57% |
| 3 | Monferno | 6 | 42.86% | 66.67% |
| 3 | Machoke | 6 | 42.86% | 16.67% |
| 5 | Vullaby | 5 | 35.71% | 60.00% |
| 5 | Servine | 5 | 35.71% | 60.00% |
| 5 | Frogadier | 5 | 35.71% | 40.00% |
| 5 | Roselia | 5 | 35.71% | 20.00% |
| 9 | Electabuzz | 4 | 28.57% | 75.00% |
| 9 | Grimer-Alola | 4 | 28.57% | 50.00% |
| 11 | Gabite | 3 | 21.43% | 100.00% |
| 11 | Mareanie | 3 | 21.43% | 66.67% |
| 11 | Pawniard | 3 | 21.43% | 66.67% |
| 11 | Kadabra | 3 | 21.43% | 0.00% |
| 15 | Krokorok | 2 | 14.29% | 100.00% |
| 15 | Clefairy | 2 | 14.29% | 100.00% |
| 15 | Ferroseed | 2 | 14.29% | 50.00% |
| 18 | Nidorino | 1 | 7.14% | 100.00% |
| 18 | Swirlix | 1 | 7.14% | 100.00% |
| 18 | Tangela | 1 | 7.14% | 100.00% |
| 18 | Rufflet | 1 | 7.14% | 100.00% |
| 18 | Metang | 1 | 7.14% | 100.00% |
| 18 | Klang | 1 | 7.14% | 0.00% |
| 18 | Hakamo-o | 1 | 7.14% | 0.00% |
| 18 | Eelektrik | 1 | 7.14% | 0.00% |
| 18 | Combusken | 1 | 7.14% | 0.00% |
| 18 | Lampent | 1 | 7.14% | 0.00% |
| 18 | Fraxure | 1 | 7.14% | 0.00% |
| 18 | Floette-White | 1 | 7.14% | 0.00% |

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
NFEPL 3 Finals Tiebreak

Congratulations to the Monferno Mafia and Ferocious Ferroseeds for getting this far in the PL. Since both teams tied in the finals, they will play a 3 slot tiebreak. Bo1 SM NFE is the default slot, the Monferno Mafia picked ORAS NFE as their slot and the Ferocious Ferroseeds picked Bo1 SM NFE as their slot.
ALL MATCH REPLAYS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE NFE DISCORD IN #replays-channel. PLEASE DO NOT POST REPLAYS HERE.

The document will be updated during the week with player records, standings, replays etc.

Announcements

Reminder that Machoke is banned in ORAS NFE, BP is banned in NFE Ubers and Eevium Z is freed in NFE Ubers.
Please schedule well. Message opponents early, get a clear exact scheduled time on a day and not an 8 hour range where someone may be free cheers. Please also post scheduled times in #match-scheduling . I'm sure ppl wanna watch these live.

Finals Tiebreak Matchups

IMG_6260.PNG.png
Monferno Mafia (1) vs Ferocious Ferroseeds (2)
IMG_6447.PNG.png

SM NFE Bo1: PD vs King Leo V
SM NFE Bo1: OminousDraco vs MechSteelix
ORAS NFE: 85percent vs SBPC

Deadline is midnight Sunday September 15th GMT -4.

Last edited:

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
NFE Suspect - Runaway

Servine is the next Pokemon being suspected in NFE. Servine is one of the strongest Pokemon in the tier, combining fantastic bulk with great offensive and wallbreaking capabilities. With Contrary Leaf Storm, Servine can boost while attacking, letting it chip down and overwhelm defensive counterplay over time. Great utility options such as Knock Off and Glare also lets Servine cripple its own checks and switch-ins in order to break through them later in the game, and lets it potentially hax through defensive counterplay. Access to recovery in Synthesis also makes it hard to chip down. On the other hand, Servine does have weaknesses. Offensive checks to Servine are abundant. In addition, Servine also fulfills many defensive roles for a lot of teams, such as checking the likes of Kadabra and Electabuzz and switching into many special attackers, which makes it very difficult for it to fulfill all of its roles and makes it easier to lure and pressure it. Servine undeniably has a huge influence in the tier. For these reasons, the SM NFE Council has decided that Servine deserves to be suspected.

How will the suspect process work without a ladder?

Since we do not have a ladder, we have decided that suspect tours in the NFE room on PS is the best and easiest way for people to get voting requirements. There will be 15 room tours in the span of a week, starting from Monday 9th September to Sunday 15th September. The scheduled times for these tours is below.

Servine Suspect Tour times in GMT +0 (UTC)

Monday: 8pm and 1am
Tuesday: 5pm and 11pm
Wednesday: 4pm and 10pm
Thursday: 6pm and 11pm
Friday: 9pm and 3am
Saturday: 8pm and 2am
Sunday: 4pm, 10pm, and 3am

Servine Suspect Tour times in GMT -4 (EDT)

Monday: 4pm and 9pm
Tuesday: 1pm and 7pm
Wednesday: 12pm / noon and 6pm
Thursday: 2pm and 7pm
Friday: 5pm and 11pm
Saturday: 4pm and 10pm
Sunday: 12pm / noon, 6pm, and 11pm

Servine Suspect Tour times in GMT +1 (UK)

Monday: 9pm and 2am
Tuesday: 6pm and midnight
Wednesday: 5pm and 11pm
Thursday: 7pm and midnight
Friday: 10pm and 4am
Saturday: 9pm and 3am
Sunday: 5pm, 11pm, and 4am

Each tour will have signups open for 10 minutes and will be named 'Servine Suspect Reqs'. The winner of a suspect tour gets voting rights. If a winner already has voting rights, the second placed player in the tour gets voting rights. If both finalists have voting rights, then the two semi finals losers will play each other in a Bo1 SM NFE game for voting rights and a staff member will ensure this goes smoothly.
Some suspect tours are an hour after the automated official tours are scheduled to start. For these tours, staff members may forcibly end the official tour as soon as the bot makes it, or they may end it at the scheduled time for the suspect tour. Apologies in advance for this, doing a suspect without a ladder and with limited time doesn't give you many options. Servine suspect req tours take priority over the automated official ones.
SM NFE Council Members get autoreqs PROVIDED they make a good forum post outlining and explaining their view on Servine in the metagame. There are no exceptions.

How do I prove I have voting rights?

At the end of a suspect room tour, take a screenshot of the NFE PS room, with Scrappie's congratulations to X message and the fact that you are logged into said account visible. A staff member will hopefully also be online to take a screenshot and confirm this. DM me said screenshot VIA SMOGON DMs, not Discord. I will then confirm that you have voting rights. For this reason, I would highly recommend taking part in suspect tours on your main PS account, and not on an alt.

Here's a screenshot of a good example. Scrappie congratulates me, specifically says it was a Servine Suspect Reqs Tour, and it is clear I'm logged into the account.

20190909_135751.jpg

How can I get notified of suspect tours when they happen?

If you join the NFE Discord, you can go to the #bot-channel and type -role Servine. A bot will give you the Servine role. This role will be tagged by a driver or above as soon as a suspect tour starts at the set times. If you're unsure about whether or not a tour is a Servine Suspect Reqs tour or not, check the name of the tour, ask a staff member for confirmation, and/or check Discord to see if the Servine Role was tagged.

Other Admin and Warnings

This section is mostly here to cover my back in case anyone does try and cheat the suspect system. I personally trust everyone in our community not to do so but I also have to plan for everything.
Do not obtain suspect reqs on behalf of someone else. I have a means of checking this and there will be repercussions if you attempt to do this. For a similar reason, if you already have voting rights, you CANNOT join any suspect tour on any account other than the account you have voting rights with, to ensure you and any alts of yours are not doubly counted.
SM NFE Council Members cannot obtain reqs via suspect tours. If you wish to participate in these tours, you can do so on your main account, but if you win the tour, 2nd place or the winner of 3rd vs 4th will get voting rights.

When posting in this thread, please keep in mind these rules:

1. No one liners or uninformed posts
2. No discussion on other potential suspects or the suspect process
3. Be respectful

Last edited:

frisoeva

LETS FUCKING NOOOOOOOOOOOO
I will personally be voting No Ban.

Personally I do not deem Servine broken by any stretch of the imagination. This is reflected in my usage of it during NFEpl, having only used it 4 out of the 11 games I played. I feel like it has more than enough defensive counterplay which naturally fits on teams on top of the offensive counterplay it has. This counterplay also seems to still be developing, with a sudden surge of usage in multiple different birds: Rufflet, Staravia and Vullaby and the drop of passive pokemon like Clefairy. Other counters/checks include: Roselia, Monferno, Ferroseed, Metang, Pawniard, Zubat, Gloom, Ivysaur, Sliggoo, Combusken, Magmar, Klang, Haunter, Fletchinder, Natu, Fraxure, Togetic, Grimer-A and Marill.

I think its defensive capabilities are often overstated too. It's very prone to chip: Spikes, Toxic and Stealth Rocks all severly cut its effectiveness. This in combination with limited recovery in the form of 8 PP Synthesis means it quite often doesn't do much more then click Knock Off and Leaf Storm once and Synthesis like 4 times only to give Roselia another Spike.

Example scenario: Say Servine is your Kadabra check. Your Kadabra forces out something thats weak to it. Perhaps a Mareanie, Machoke or Monferno and thus clicks psychic.
252 SpA Kadabra Psychic vs. 180 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Servine: 81-96 (26.4 - 31.3%) -- 33.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
Obviously not too much damage. However, the Servine still has to Synthesis up to not risk getting 2HKO'd the next time Kadabra comes in. This means you can get your counter to Servine in for free and make progress from there. Either SD up with Monferno, fire off a specs Fire Blast from Magmar or play the long game and get a Spike up with Roselia.

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I will be voting No Ban for the Servine Suspect Test.

I think that Servine is not broken because of the offensive and defensive counterplay that is available in the tier. Three of the most common and splashable Pokemon in Monferno, Alolan Grimer and Roselia are able to deal with Servine, with the former being able to outspeed the most common SpDef set, and the latter being able to easily switch into Servine. These are just the main options and there are other Pokemon, especially the birds which have received a massive increase in usage in NFEPL alone, showing that adapting to Servine is quite easy. Strong special attackers such as Haunter and Magmar are still able to break past Servine.

Whilst the argument for which the defensive counterplay is very easy to wear down, the same can be said about Servine as it is used as a check to many special attackers, Water- and Ground-types and its overall effectiveness to do all of this whilst maintaining offensive pressure is often exaggerated. Krokorok and Mareanie are also often considered a free switch in for Servine, but they can both remove Servine’s Eviolite making it weaker defensively. Servine commonly switches into Pokemon such as Gabite, Marshtomp and Prinplup which can all hit it with a Toxic heavily crippling it for the rest of the game. Also due to the lack of good hazard removal in the tier, it’s quite easy to force Servine switches and passively wear it down.

Using Glare over Hidden Power Fire, limits Servine’s offensive pressure to 8PP which is an extremely big deal, since bulky special walls, most notably Togetic and Roselia can easily heal this off. Also this means that Servine will have a really difficult time at dealing with Steel-types such as Metang, Pawniard and Klang, with the latter two being able to either setup or remove Servine’s Eviolite, making it easy to revenge kill. Hidden Power Fire lets Servine have a way to deal with Roselia and Steel-types although the former is still only somewhat reliable as you need to be at +4 at least whilst the Roselia has to also have its Eviolite removed.

Overall, whilst Servine is the biggest threat in this tier, it is definitely manageable due to their being many common and more niche checks which are able to deal with Servine and these do not make your team too much weaker to other big threats. There is sufficient counterplay to all of its sets and in my eyes Servine does not fall under any of the tiering policy.

Last edited:

TTK

Won't Catch Me Lacking.
is a Community Contributor
1568062460808.png

I am the first of many to collect reqs for Servine (imagine this counted for TC lmao). Marjane is in council so reqs are given to me.

Regarding my opinions on Servine, they have definitely changed over time. When I started this metagame in May (wow time flies) and I got used to playing the tier, I thought Servine was really problematic. Spdef sets didn't die in one hit and it could easily beat the more defensive teams in the tier and had the power to automatically just make webs really bad (not a major point but one to acknowledge). I believe people's issues with Servine is Glare, 100% paralysis move that makes the game become more RNG than it should. Outside of its "broken" habits, Servine is one of our best hazard removal in the tier and also potentially one of our most threatening wallbreakers.

Now I'm in this limbo I'll call it where I do not know my true true thoughts on this mon. I don't want to vote abstain but everything I addressed in the above paragraph is what I actually think of Servine. I no longer believe this mon is unhealthy and if you really think about it, gen 7 is practically over. Servine has been such a key pokemon of this generation and removing it now will just make SM NFE not SM NFE (similar to how Mesprit left PU, the meta has never been the same). Such a major change by banning it doesn't sit right with me because when we do NFEPL IV and SM is an oldgen, it won't be the SM we all are used to playing, it'll be a 2 month SM out of the 3 years of the whole generation. This is why I am gonna vote DO NOT BAN. Thanks for reading!

Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 9.58.44 PM.png

Like my Monferno Brother before me, I managed to luck everyone into a Victory in the 2nd Servine Suspect Tour

Stance:

I have been playing NFE for a little over a month now and despite my short time invested in the tier, I have definitely learned a lot about the dynamic nature of the metagame and its limitless diversity. From the very start, I hadn't really given much thought or interest in Servine, since it was a very underwhelming wallbreaker and was ultimately roadblocked by mons that I had seen a lot of (i.e roselia, monferno, combusken). It wasn't until NfePL started that I encountered the Ban Servine cult. Not once did I find myself prepping strictly for servine, nor have I lost a match directly as a result of its presence. Yeah its ability coupled with leaf storm give it an offensive niche unlike any other mon in the meta, and its utility moves come in handy, but rarely have I ever seen it sweep or decide a match on matchup. Its a splashable pokemon, yes. However, it is nowhere close to being centralizing, especially 9 weeks into the future where the meta has really expanded. If anything I have seen a drop in its usage, because people are finally starting to realize that not every team needs to use it. There are a dongload of mons that can either switchin to it directly and/or revenge kill it. Not to mention, these mons are pokemon that are built into the team with no intentions of being solely a servine check. Pokemon like Lampent, Vullaby, Ice Punch Metang, Fire pokemon, Grimer, Offensive Birds, Hakamo, and countless others are put on a team for niches other than being glued on as a Servine Check. I'm not saying that Servine is a useless pokemon and the meta can thrive with/without it. I'm saying that Servine is actually pretty healthy for the spontaneous nature of teambuilding in the current meta and ultimately not as "uncompetitive" as people make it out to be. I'm on the toilet rn, so these are poop thoughts off the top of my head.
Decision:
**DO NOT BAN** lol..

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
I'll probs make my Servine post tomorrow or thursday, I've been collecting quite a few replays showcasing Servine from NFEPL 3 as the tour progressed so some of you might find it interesting. Posting some usage stats in case anyone wants to use them to argue one way or the other for this suspect.

Here are usage stats from this NFEPL 3, all SM games from Week 1 to Finals.

NFEPL 3 SM NFE Usage Stats

Note: Servine and Roselia were used 8 times as a core together in all of NFEPL 3. Most of these usages do not come from people using both on the same team.

| 115 | Servine / Roselia | 8 | 3.01% | 62.50% |

| 1 | Servine | 109 | 40.98% | 54.13% |
| 2 | Roselia | 99 | 37.22% | 48.48% |
| 3 | Machoke | 95 | 35.71% | 47.37% |
| 4 | Monferno | 89 | 33.46% | 51.69% |
| 5 | Marshtomp | 80 | 30.08% | 50.00% |
| 6 | Clefairy | 78 | 29.32% | 53.85% |
| 6 | Grimer-Alola | 78 | 29.32% | 52.56% |
| 8 | Kadabra | 71 | 26.69% | 47.89% |
| 9 | Electabuzz | 62 | 23.31% | 51.61% |
| 10 | Staravia | 55 | 20.68% | 49.09% |
| 11 | Gabite | 53 | 19.92% | 50.94% |
| 12 | Haunter | 50 | 18.80% | 48.00% |
| 13 | Pawniard | 46 | 17.29% | 54.35% |
| 14 | Metang | 45 | 16.92% | 53.33% |
| 15 | Frogadier | 43 | 16.17% | 51.16% |
| 15 | Vullaby | 43 | 16.17% | 48.84% |
| 17 | Mareanie | 37 | 13.91% | 56.76% |
| 18 | Krokorok | 36 | 13.53% | 50.00% |
| 19 | Magmar | 24 | 9.02% | 62.50% |
| 20 | Hakamo-o | 22 | 8.27% | 40.91% |
| 21 | Combusken | 21 | 7.89% | 52.38% |
| 22 | Rufflet | 20 | 7.52% | 45.00% |
| 23 | Wartortle | 18 | 6.77% | 44.44% |
| 23 | Klang | 18 | 6.77% | 38.89% |
| 25 | Togetic | 17 | 6.39% | 58.82% |
| 26 | Misdreavus | 15 | 5.64% | 53.33% |
| 26 | Eelektrik | 15 | 5.64% | 40.00% |
| 28 | Ferroseed | 12 | 4.51% | 83.33% |
| 29 | Fraxure | 11 | 4.14% | 54.55% |
| 29 | Lampent | 11 | 4.14% | 36.36% |
| 29 | Trumbeak | 11 | 4.14% | 27.27% |
| 32 | Fletchinder | 10 | 3.76% | 80.00% |
| 32 | Quilladin | 10 | 3.76% | 70.00% |
| 32 | Torracat | 10 | 3.76% | 50.00% |
| 32 | Vibrava | 10 | 3.76% | 40.00% |
| 36 | Munchlax | 9 | 3.38% | 55.56% |
| 36 | Prinplup | 9 | 3.38% | 44.44% |
| 36 | Tangela | 9 | 3.38% | 44.44% |
| 39 | Hippopotas | 7 | 2.63% | 57.14% |
| 40 | Duosion | 6 | 2.26% | 50.00% |
| 41 | Poipole | 5 | 1.88% | 60.00% |
| 41 | Lairon | 5 | 1.88% | 40.00% |
| 41 | Murkrow | 5 | 1.88% | 40.00% |
| 41 | Meditite | 5 | 1.88% | 20.00% |
| 41 | Mudbray | 5 | 1.88% | 20.00% |
| 41 | Gloom | 5 | 1.88% | 0.00% |
| 47 | Dewpider | 4 | 1.50% | 75.00% |
| 47 | Mienfoo | 4 | 1.50% | 75.00% |
| 47 | Croconaw | 4 | 1.50% | 75.00% |
| 47 | Marill | 4 | 1.50% | 50.00% |
| 47 | Quilava | 4 | 1.50% | 50.00% |
| 47 | Natu | 4 | 1.50% | 50.00% |
| 47 | Dusclops | 4 | 1.50% | 25.00% |
| 54 | Nidorino | 3 | 1.13% | 100.00% |
| 54 | Shelmet | 3 | 1.13% | 66.67% |
| 54 | Staryu | 3 | 1.13% | 66.67% |
| 54 | Sliggoo | 3 | 1.13% | 33.33% |
| 54 | Ivysaur | 3 | 1.13% | 0.00% |
| 54 | Whirlipede | 3 | 1.13% | 0.00% |
| 54 | Brionne | 3 | 1.13% | 0.00% |
| 61 | Phanpy | 2 | 0.75% | 100.00% |
| 61 | Palpitoad | 2 | 0.75% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Carvanha | 2 | 0.75% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Yanma | 2 | 0.75% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Sealeo | 2 | 0.75% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Luxio | 2 | 0.75% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Lickitung | 2 | 0.75% | 50.00% |
| 61 | Weepinbell | 2 | 0.75% | 0.00% |
| 61 | Sandshrew-Alola | 2 | 0.75% | 0.00% |
| 61 | Swadloon | 2 | 0.75% | 0.00% |
| 61 | Cranidos | 2 | 0.75% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Eevee | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Graveler | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Poliwhirl | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Dartrix | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Zubat | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Aron | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Dragonair | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Magnemite | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Shelgon | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Koffing | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Swirlix | 1 | 0.38% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Cyndaquil | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Drilbur | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Smoochum | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Riolu | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Cutiefly | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Seadra | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Zweilous | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Nosepass | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Litleo | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Pikachu | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Wingull | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Aipom | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Amaura | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Grotle | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Pineco | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Dewott | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Skiploom | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Bronzor | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Spritzee | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Floette-White | 1 | 0.38% | 0.00% |

Here are the total cumulative usage stats for all tour SM NFE games thst have happened in the current meta. This includes all the games from best Friends, No Johns, and NFEPL 3

Total Usage stats for all SM NFE tour games in current meta

Note: Servine and Roselia were used 17 times as a core together in all current meta SM NFE tours. Again, most serv and rose usage does not come from people using both on the same team.

| 80 | Servine / Roselia | 17 | 4.19% | 47.06% |

| 1 | Servine | 159 | 39.16% | 54.09% |
| 2 | Roselia | 149 | 36.70% | 48.32% |
| 3 | Monferno | 148 | 36.45% | 50.00% |
| 4 | Clefairy | 130 | 32.02% | 53.08% |
| 5 | Machoke | 126 | 31.03% | 53.17% |
| 5 | Grimer-Alola | 126 | 31.03% | 53.17% |
| 7 | Electabuzz | 111 | 27.34% | 53.15% |
| 7 | Marshtomp | 111 | 27.34% | 45.05% |
| 9 | Kadabra | 102 | 25.12% | 48.04% |
| 10 | Staravia | 82 | 20.20% | 48.78% |
| 11 | Frogadier | 70 | 17.24% | 47.14% |
| 11 | Haunter | 70 | 17.24% | 44.29% |
| 13 | Pawniard | 69 | 17.00% | 52.17% |
| 14 | Metang | 66 | 16.26% | 54.55% |
| 15 | Mareanie | 64 | 15.76% | 62.50% |
| 16 | Gabite | 57 | 14.04% | 52.63% |
| 17 | Krokorok | 53 | 13.05% | 49.06% |
| 18 | Vullaby | 47 | 11.58% | 53.19% |
| 19 | Togetic | 44 | 10.84% | 50.00% |
| 20 | Combusken | 32 | 7.88% | 46.88% |
| 21 | Klang | 31 | 7.64% | 41.94% |
| 22 | Magmar | 29 | 7.14% | 58.62% |
| 23 | Wartortle | 28 | 6.90% | 46.43% |
| 24 | Ferroseed | 25 | 6.16% | 64.00% |
| 25 | Misdreavus | 24 | 5.91% | 50.00% |
| 25 | Hakamo-o | 24 | 5.91% | 45.83% |
| 27 | Rufflet | 22 | 5.42% | 45.45% |
| 28 | Prinplup | 21 | 5.17% | 47.62% |
| 28 | Eelektrik | 21 | 5.17% | 42.86% |
| 30 | Fraxure | 19 | 4.68% | 52.63% |
| 31 | Vibrava | 17 | 4.19% | 58.82% |
| 31 | Duosion | 17 | 4.19% | 47.06% |
| 33 | Quilladin | 16 | 3.94% | 68.75% |
| 34 | Torracat | 15 | 3.69% | 46.67% |
| 34 | Tangela | 15 | 3.69% | 46.67% |
| 34 | Trumbeak | 15 | 3.69% | 40.00% |
| 37 | Lampent | 14 | 3.45% | 42.86% |
| 37 | Hippopotas | 14 | 3.45% | 42.86% |
| 39 | Munchlax | 13 | 3.20% | 53.85% |
| 40 | Fletchinder | 12 | 2.96% | 75.00% |
| 41 | Murkrow | 11 | 2.71% | 45.45% |
| 41 | Sliggoo | 11 | 2.71% | 18.18% |
| 43 | Mudbray | 9 | 2.22% | 44.44% |
| 43 | Lairon | 9 | 2.22% | 33.33% |
| 45 | Staryu | 8 | 1.97% | 50.00% |
| 45 | Dusclops | 8 | 1.97% | 25.00% |
| 45 | Gloom | 8 | 1.97% | 25.00% |
| 48 | Mienfoo | 7 | 1.72% | 85.71% |
| 48 | Marill | 7 | 1.72% | 71.43% |
| 48 | Poipole | 7 | 1.72% | 57.14% |
| 51 | Dewpider | 6 | 1.48% | 83.33% |
| 52 | Quilava | 5 | 1.23% | 60.00% |
| 52 | Lickitung | 5 | 1.23% | 60.00% |
| 52 | Natu | 5 | 1.23% | 40.00% |
| 52 | Meditite | 5 | 1.23% | 20.00% |
| 52 | Ivysaur | 5 | 1.23% | 0.00% |
| 57 | Palpitoad | 4 | 0.99% | 75.00% |
| 57 | Zubat | 4 | 0.99% | 75.00% |
| 57 | Croconaw | 4 | 0.99% | 75.00% |
| 57 | Drilbur | 4 | 0.99% | 50.00% |
| 57 | Weepinbell | 4 | 0.99% | 25.00% |
| 57 | Whirlipede | 4 | 0.99% | 0.00% |
| 63 | Nidorino | 3 | 0.74% | 100.00% |
| 63 | Shelmet | 3 | 0.74% | 66.67% |
| 63 | Yanma | 3 | 0.74% | 33.33% |
| 63 | Seadra | 3 | 0.74% | 33.33% |
| 63 | Dragonair | 3 | 0.74% | 33.33% |
| 63 | Riolu | 3 | 0.74% | 0.00% |
| 63 | Sandshrew-Alola | 3 | 0.74% | 0.00% |
| 63 | Swadloon | 3 | 0.74% | 0.00% |
| 63 | Brionne | 3 | 0.74% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Eevee | 2 | 0.49% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Phanpy | 2 | 0.49% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Magnemite | 2 | 0.49% | 100.00% |
| 72 | Carvanha | 2 | 0.49% | 50.00% |
| 72 | Poliwhirl | 2 | 0.49% | 50.00% |
| 72 | Sealeo | 2 | 0.49% | 50.00% |
| 72 | Luxio | 2 | 0.49% | 50.00% |
| 72 | Aron | 2 | 0.49% | 50.00% |
| 72 | Frillish | 2 | 0.49% | 50.00% |
| 72 | Cranidos | 2 | 0.49% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Honedge | 2 | 0.49% | 0.00% |
| 72 | Tentacool | 2 | 0.49% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Graveler | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Dartrix | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Shelgon | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Koffing | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Swirlix | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Braixen | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Trubbish | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Stunky | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Foongus | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Slowpoke | 1 | 0.25% | 100.00% |
| 84 | Cyndaquil | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Smoochum | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Cutiefly | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Zweilous | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Nosepass | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Litleo | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Pikachu | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Wingull | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Aipom | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Amaura | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Grotle | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Pineco | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Dewott | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Skiploom | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Bronzor | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Spritzee | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Floette-White | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Wooper | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Snivy | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Snover | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Zigzagoon | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Purrloin | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Drifloon | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Cottonee | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Chinchou | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Clamperl | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |
| 84 | Lombre | 1 | 0.25% | 0.00% |

Last edited:

dom

Banned deucer.

Won a suspect tour

Vote: Ban

I'm dissatisfied with the current NFE metagame right now. Serv/Rose are pretty broken and centralizing (serv is actually SUPER centralizing if you think about how easy of a ban it would be without roselia on so many teams), haunter+dab are super hard to switch into / prep for and your alolan grimer gets countered/wisped anyways, machoke is broken, alolan grimer is actually pretty damn hard to switch into with poison touch, stuff like that. Quite matchup based. Just so hard to prep for everything. However, I think with servine is not only straight up broken and insanely centralizing, but also keeping the meta this way. I think that without servine the meta will be decentralized enough to where it will improve, even if by a little bit. I think not only will a serv-less meta just be better without serv but the ripple effects will make it a healthier meta now/when it's played in the future.

Like, rose and or serv being on sooo many teams is annoying holds the meta back a bit, and they're super just generally unhealthy besides that. Rose is really the only servine "counter" and stuff like grimer is just too easy to chip. It's insanely obvious serv would be completely broken without rose, and I personally am of the opinion that 1 specific mon should not make or break whether another is broken.

Just my two cents.

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
1568220647682.png

right behind papa dom

Ok so to start this off, I know most of u ferros are gonna be mad at me for doing this but I'll explain. I played in the most recent iteration of nfepl and I did not enjoy the 2 weeks that I played in. The options you get for a team are pretty limited and it reminds me of pre-zygarde ban OU. Switch-ins to servine are grimer-a and roselia and offensive checks to servine are haunter monferno combusken etc etc. The offensive checks can never switch in because they're pretty much useless through glare and servine can knock off grimer-a and roselia to get their eviolite. This enables other broken shit such as Machoke and Kadabra to put in work. Servine can do everything and more, if it doesn't have the tools to sweep it can glare / knock / defog and support the other pokemon. Checks to the mon dont exist if you get knocked / glared, sure you can play around it but it encourages a shitty thought process when building which causes the same mons to appear every game.

Overall, the meta is stale and even though this is such a late stage to remove / add something to a tier, I do not think that Servine is healthy for the NFE Metagame and will be voting Ban. I believe that if we ban serv the meta will be improved. (eviolite next please Crystalites)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Alright time to actually make the post where I talk about Servine and why I currently want to keep it in the NFE meta let's go

So as it would seem from reading this thread my current viewpoint isn't exactly original as a lot of people have written great posts on how Servine isn't the stupid strong wallbreaker it would seem to be on paper. It's got a ton of checks as it has to rely on Grass STAB to wallbreak, and these checks are on literally every good team. Notably, Flying-types have seen a great resurgence in usage as people realized having a Serv switch-in + Machoke counterplay + good offensive typing is a pretty good combo, which puts even more pressure on Servine because it has to think about the potential of getting revenged by a Scarf Staravia or getting walled by a Vullaby on top of the other roles your team wants it for. Another reason I want Serv to stay is that I think the utility it provides to NFE teams is overall healthy for the meta, as it is one of the few decent hazard removers in the tier and provides a solid check to Water-types, Clefairy, and other mons like Sash Kadabra depending on how much bulk you put on your Serv. In my opinion without Servine, building would be a lot more difficult as hazards would be even stronger than they are now, and even though people may say Roselia, the posterboy mon for hazard stacking, would fall off significantly in a Servine-less meta, Spikes are still hella broken and I think it would still be a dominant mon as sets like offensive Spikes with Z-move or Specs (both very viable sets already!) would prop up more to lure the obvious trend of Vull/Staravia usage. Now not to digress from my main point, I know that Servine poses a massive effect on teambuilding too; having to prepare for the threat of Contrary Leaf Storm is always scary but the real deal is Glare. Since there's no paralysis clause, Servine can safely spam this move on whatever switchin you have that's not named Roselia and cripple them for the rest of the match unless you're a chad and run Heal Bell teams. This was the hardest thing I had to think about when deciding my view on this suspect test as Glare has a pretty good argument for being uncompetitive and makes fighting Servine even more of a pain than it would be without it. However, as you can already tell I think the positive effects of Servine on the current meta do outweigh the strain it can put on teambuilding as fitting Leaf Storm resists comes naturally, and even though they can and will get Glared, you will still put enough pressure on Serv that it very rarely can get a full sweep; heck, half the time my Servine can struggle to break past one mon with all the checks people are packing for it these days. While I initially had a more ban Servine viewpoint in my early days playing this meta I think the meta has adapted well to Servine and I think it's become more of a healthy addition than a negative one. Now if you wanna talk about a negative mon can we Man Bachoke

tl;dr: I am planning on voting No Ban on the Servine suspect. Hopefully my post wasnt a total mess :mad:

NO SAN BERVINE

TTK

Won't Catch Me Lacking.
is a Community Contributor
For a second, let's forget the san bervine suspect and look back at NFEPL 3 and I'm gonna talk about what a ride it's been. Grats to the Ferroseeds for winning. We needed to go further beyond but it just didn't work out, which is a shame because we were p even in skill (not being bias but I thought we had the better players). Instead of self-pitying myself and wallowing about how I choked badly or how I could've played much better than 2-3, I'm gonna address the positives and how much fun I had in the tour.

I was honestly a bit shocked when I got drafted for 10.5k on auction day. I didn't find a surprise when I got drafted (I was getting into the tier and wasn't actually awful in roomtours and battles) but for my price, yeah I was surprised. The amazing thing was getting drafted on the best team in the tour. LONG LIVE THE MAFIA! Like I can say without a doubt this was my best team draft tour experience I've had. Before this, I've only been in DPL (which went awful for me cuz PU then was just bad) and UKPL (which my team actually won so that was cool). Everyone was so supportive and overall amazing users.

I always thought we were the underdogs of the tour. We weren't deemed the best in the tour like the Bayerns were, neither were we considered the worst team in the draft. Our first weeks were p good, we secured a few ties but we played good games overall (the hax gods were punishing us the entire tour and every mafia knows this). I was happy we made it to playoffs because I knew we were definitely in the running to win the tour. Obviously, we didn't win but finals is no slouch either.

PD - The goat PD. The guy I played with the most throughout this tour constantly testing our teams together to demolish the opposition. Like the majority of my teammates, I had no clue who this guy was prior to the tour and he only got into NFE when he got drafted and the fact he got such a good record of 5-2, beating me by a mile, is an achievement in itself. PD is a p cool and funny user and it was sick to be teammates with him this tour. He was also only 4k which was a p good steal. STOP USING LAMPENT!

Elgino - The goat himself Elggino. We only made him appear starting week 3 and he did not disappoint. He claimed win after win until finals cut his streak but 4-1 is solid. Don't get annoyed about tiebreak, you played consistent throughout the entire tour and you were a great asset to our team. Fun to see you just beat people.

CrazyStevy - Stevy was in fact the best Ubers player in the tour without competition. The moment we saw this guy writing his teams on paper due to a lack of a pc, I knew he was dedicated to his mission. It's a shame Ubers became the untier but you were the king of the untier. Unlucky you couldn't play in playoffs but in the earlier weeks, you just gave us free wins so thanks bro.

EnzoLapras - Enzo was also another user that had the fun of playing the untier in Stevy's absence so I'm sorry we put you there but you were essential for the ubers slot because no one else could play it. Nice talking to you knowing you moved to my city which was p cool.

Ninjadog13 - Ninja you were also p solid, wk1 and wk2 werent the best but you just picked up afterwards, playing at such a high level. Glad you were a mafia, I definitely didn't want to face you. Also how did you get OPM wrong twice lmao.

85percent - Thanks to you, we got some fun 85% memes. Anyway, best ORAS player in the tour. Shame the game versus SBPC was haxy, you definitely didn't deserve to end the tour on that note but remember you only lost once outside the tiebreaker and you always contributed to us tieing in the week or even winning the week so thanks mate.

Thiago Nunes - The assman to the Godfather, you did a p good job, especially when neomon didn't exist in week 1. Some of your games were unfortunate because you were playing good but the hax gods striked back at you.

OminousDraco - The best mid-season draft we could've asked for. Credits well spent, OD just went ham in the tour after we bought him and he's also a great user as well. I wanted OD's game to be the deciding one to win tiebreak but alas.

Godfather neomon - Overall I was happy to have neomon as our leader. He always helped us out when he could and supported us in our games and put his trust in his mafiosos to pull the wins, which we did this tour. You'll come back to discord seeing we lost but hopefully you had a good time having us as teammates.

No clue if I'm hitting tag limit but a few more left

Yami - You might've not had the best experience this tour and everything but thanks for trying your best, you're still a Monferno Mafia player.

Cheese555 - We never played you and everyone said you were awesome at NFE and I would've loved to see you smack the opposition. Hope you had fun in the discord though.

Boulicrok - we only played you once and it was a L unfortunate you didn't get to do much but you are still a member of this team and you can say you came second in NFEPL 3.

Thanks for reading guys, I'm excited to see where NFE is gonna be heading in this next year. This coming year is going to be very busy for me and a lot is gonna happen in gen 8. We could get level 2 and a ladder and new mons and everything. Even the results of the servine suspect is gonna be decided soon. Hopefully, a lot of the players this tour will be around for next year's PL and I can't wait to play against my old teammates or work together again with them. LONG LIVE THE MAFIA!

Servine
Alright, Servine. Servine is something I've gone back and forth on for a while, but I think I'd have to settle for no ban right now. I don't think it's the most broken or problematic thing in the tier (Hello, Machoke...), although Servine and Machoke both increase the threat level of the other. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that if you get your team swept by Servine, it's more on the fault of the builder than anything else. For the most part, anything that checks Servine checks it hard, and unlike some other breakers or cleaners Servine needs at least two turns to set up, on a move with 8 PP. This alone makes Servine far more feast or famine than other top threats, and while it can support itself to an extent with Knock Off/Glare/HP Fire, it can't carry all of them at once (Synthesis is mandatory, and Defog usually takes priority over other moves, although less so now that flying defoggers are being used more). This honestly makes Servine too predictable for me to vote ban on, and a lot of the things you could throw into the first leaf storm are all very good, so it's not like you're resorting to bad things to attempt to check it. In my opinion, the worst thing about Servine is that most teams will always throw out their hard check to it, which makes for pretty predictable lines of play and generates a lot of advantage for something like Machoke to come in and pick up a kill.

I don't feel a need to repeat the five or so posts above me, so just go read them. I agree with all the DNB posts so far.

Last edited:

Ktütverde

of course
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
1568332891241.png

Hello, I just got my reqs thanks to Simbo who HLed me while I was busy ignoring NFE and watching DPPUU games :// I'm strongly on the PRO-ban side, and I think I already explained a bit why. My belief is that people are currently shifting from "ofc ban serv" to "nah it's ok, dnb". I faced 3 frogadier+fire+grass teams to make it to finals, and there played vs a clefrose+hauntbra team. Basically, hard servine-checks stacking (for the 3 first), and a team super weak to servine+grimer/pawniard. I didn't need to use my own servine once, so I don't have servine replays to post. Ggs out of respect for all my opponents, and thanks people for joining the tours so massively, it's really amazing to see the community grow so quickly:)

Anyway, I want to say that servine is too much for me at teambuilding level, particularly servine+pursuit grimer or pawniard. I think many people still don't realize that this combo is absolutely stupid, since roselia becomes kinda irrelevant vs these two pursuitters. Then u just get rocks up, pressure a bit vullabies/staravias/random birds, and you win. So yeah, it is no surprise everyone is using fire types (monferno, magmar, busken) because roselia+bird isn't enough at all.

If you think servine is totally okay, I really encourage trying to center teams around servine, because it's so easy. Or make a team without servine and counting 1) how many checks you have to stack 2) how often you end up using niche birds like vullaby, fletchinder, defensive staravia. I love zubat but that's an invalid pokemon:(

NFE is such an offensive tier that it's hard to tell if servine is broke. However, its ridiculous splashability, access to knock and glare, ability to dismantle unprepared teams from turn1; and ability to easily sweep in most games once its few checks have been removed are unhealthy to say the least imo. I think that, if everyone actually tried hard and used servine to it fullest extent, the metagame would clearly show that servine is dominating and overwhelming. I understand that servine is "weak" to knock off, but it really doesn't need to switch into knock. And if it does, it will retaliate with its own knock and leafstorm which will surely be more dangerous, since servine's speed allows it to attack first and be less worried about a loss in bulk.

Anyway, here's one of my best teams (maybe the best), with servine+so much support that I often win without using it which kinda sucks. It doesn't feature pursuit, because spikes+hauntbra are usually enough to break through most teams.

1568333746150.png

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Bullet Seed
- Knock Off
- Thunder Wave

Gabite @ Eviolite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Outrage

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Counter

Haunter @ Poisonium Z
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Will-O-Wisp
- Reflect Type

Servine @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare
- Synthesis

Vullaby (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Roost

I made this team in NFEPL and I've gone undefeated with it so far (i think so lol). It's based on Servine+haunter+kadabra, which are super strong together and take down their checks together (roselia, grimer..). Defensive gabite is a set I've spammed a lot and I really wanna say that it's super good and way better than marshtomp (u can stay in and toxic servine, you outspeed machoke and chip away at it with rough skin..). It's ev'd to outspeed ada pawniard. Ferroseed is the modern part of the team, since not only does it provide the squad with spikes which are broke in NFE, but also checks staravia which typically runs through servhauntbra teams. Vullaby is there because one is never prepped enough for servine and vull is the best answer to it. It also helps dealing with roselia, haunter and kadabra WHILE not being weak to machoke. I made the team a while ago and remember that ferro's spread survives 4 icebeams from frogadier scarf after 1 spike (or 2 stealth rocks). Feel free to use it and change it. Also I'm surprised nobody thought about reflect type haunter, it's its best set by far (grimer can't do anything vs it).
note: Vullaby can be replaced by grimer, you will just be much weaker to machoke (which is broke too imo)

So here goes my contribution to NFE that I've been putting off for a while. My opinion (ban servine and why)+a "modern" team (imo), some new sets (defensive gabite/reflecttype haunter/the ferroseed): I hope you enjoyed it!!

SAN BERVINE-ban servine. Very sneky snek ):-[

-ktut

Last edited:
For a second, let's forget the san bervine suspect and look back at NFEPL 3 and I'm gonna talk about what a ride it's been. Grats to the Ferroseeds for winning. We needed to go further beyond but it just didn't work out, which is a shame because we were p even in skill (not being bias but I thought we had the better players). Instead of self-pitying myself and wallowing about how I choked badly or how I could've played much better than 2-3, I'm gonna address the positives and how much fun I had in the tour.

I was honestly a bit shocked when I got drafted for 10.5k on auction day. I didn't find a surprise when I got drafted (I was getting into the tier and wasn't actually awful in roomtours and battles) but for my price, yeah I was surprised. The amazing thing was getting drafted on the best team in the tour. LONG LIVE THE MAFIA! Like I can say without a doubt this was my best team draft tour experience I've had. Before this, I've only been in DPL (which went awful for me cuz PU then was just bad) and UKPL (which my team actually won so that was cool). Everyone was so supportive and overall amazing users.

I always thought we were the underdogs of the tour. We weren't deemed the best in the tour like the Bayerns were, neither were we considered the worst team in the draft. Our first weeks were p good, we secured a few ties but we played good games overall (the hax gods were punishing us the entire tour and every mafia knows this). I was happy we made it to playoffs because I knew we were definitely in the running to win the tour. Obviously, we didn't win but finals is no slouch either.

PD - The goat PD. The guy I played with the most throughout this tour constantly testing our teams together to demolish the opposition. Like the majority of my teammates, I had no clue who this guy was prior to the tour and he only got into NFE when he got drafted and the fact he got such a good record of 5-2, beating me by a mile, is an achievement in itself. PD is a p cool and funny user and it was sick to be teammates with him this tour. He was also only 4k which was a p good steal. STOP USING LAMPENT!

Elgino - The goat himself Elggino. We only made him appear starting week 3 and he did not disappoint. He claimed win after win until finals cut his streak but 4-1 is solid. Don't get annoyed about tiebreak, you played consistent throughout the entire tour and you were a great asset to our team. Fun to see you just beat people.

CrazyStevy - Stevy was in fact the best Ubers player in the tour without competition. The moment we saw this guy writing his teams on paper due to a lack of a pc, I knew he was dedicated to his mission. It's a shame Ubers became the untier but you were the king of the untier. Unlucky you couldn't play in playoffs but in the earlier weeks, you just gave us free wins so thanks bro.

EnzoLapras - Enzo was also another user that had the fun of playing the untier in Stevy's absence so I'm sorry we put you there but you were essential for the ubers slot because no one else could play it. Nice talking to you knowing you moved to my city which was p cool.

Ninjadog13 - Ninja you were also p solid, wk1 and wk2 werent the best but you just picked up afterwards, playing at such a high level. Glad you were a mafia, I definitely didn't want to face you. Also how did you get OPM wrong twice lmao.

85percent - Thanks to you, we got some fun 85% memes. Anyway, best ORAS player in the tour. Shame the game versus SBPC was haxy, you definitely didn't deserve to end the tour on that note but remember you only lost once outside the tiebreaker and you always contributed to us tieing in the week or even winning the week so thanks mate.

Thiago Nunes - The assman to the Godfather, you did a p good job, especially when neomon didn't exist in week 1. Some of your games were unfortunate because you were playing good but the hax gods striked back at you.

OminousDraco - The best mid-season draft we could've asked for. Credits well spent, OD just went ham in the tour after we bought him and he's also a great user as well. I wanted OD's game to be the deciding one to win tiebreak but alas.

Godfather neomon - Overall I was happy to have neomon as our leader. He always helped us out when he could and supported us in our games and put his trust in his mafiosos to pull the wins, which we did this tour. You'll come back to discord seeing we lost but hopefully you had a good time having us as teammates.

No clue if I'm hitting tag limit but a few more left

Yami - You might've not had the best experience this tour and everything but thanks for trying your best, you're still a Monferno Mafia player.

Cheese555 - We never played you and everyone said you were awesome at NFE and I would've loved to see you smack the opposition. Hope you had fun in the discord though.

Boulicrok - we only played you once and it was a L unfortunate you didn't get to do much but you are still a member of this team and you can say you came second in NFEPL 3.

Thanks for reading guys, I'm excited to see where NFE is gonna be heading in this next year. This coming year is going to be very busy for me and a lot is gonna happen in gen 8. We could get level 2 and a ladder and new mons and everything. Even the results of the servine suspect is gonna be decided soon. Hopefully, a lot of the players this tour will be around for next year's PL and I can't wait to play against my old teammates or work together again with them. LONG LIVE THE MAFIA!
F the servine suspect, I love ttk and my team... thanks for getting me back into mons guys!

shoutouts vooper for introducing me to the tier. NFE and the mafia are definitely worth staying around for nO cAP

Simbo

Own a doghouse?
Will be my last post on Serv.

1) Servine Checks

I made a post back in April discussing a lot of Servine checks and explaining why they aren't Serv checks or are unreliable, it also covers the main aspects of serv itself which makes it so restrictive. Would recommend reading it here tbh. Just wanted to re-clarify this because some people were not here in April, and because people are still calling certain Pokemon such as Pawniard, Metang, Zubat, Gloom etc 'checks'

2) Serv/Grimes, Serv/Pawn, Serv/Metang (or other good Pursuit trappers which force Rose out)

Ktut has already brought this point up. It's a great point; there are many Pokemon capable of either trapping or heavily pressuring common defensive Serv checks like Roselia, Vullaby etc. I do have both usage stats and replays showcasing this to back my point. It's very easy to trap Rose by forcing it to Spike/Synth then Pursuiting it. Roselia has garbage physdef and, on top of that, Serv is the best Rose Knocker in the tier. This mon is not hard to trap and wear down.

| 1 | Servine / Grimer-Alola | 68 | 16.67% | 60.29% |
|45 | Metang / Servine | 26 | 6.37% | 61.54% |
|48 | Pawniard / Servine | 25 | 6.13% | 44.00% |

To prove that nearly all these are separate usages, that no one is using all three on the same team, here's the usage stat for all three on the same team. 75% of Serv teams have a viable and solid Pursuit trapper as support for Roselia, Haunter etc, and as a means of chipping down other offensive Fire and Bird type checks.

| 764 | Metang / Pawniard / Servine | 2 | 0.49% | 50.00% |

30% of all teams in tour play have Serv plus one Rose trapper which forces it out. Admittedly, not every Metang carries Pursuit, but it highlights how difficult it is to rely on Rose as a defensive Serv check. 75% of teams with Serv have a guaranteed or potential Pursuit trapper for Rose, and this makes it very easy for Serv teams to trap rose for Serv to break through. The ServGrimes core is the most common two mon core in the tier, for good reason. It's insane how much support these two provide for each other, especially Grimes for Serv.

3) The offensive Bird and Fire Types Argument

All offensive bird and fire type teams still primarily rely on Serv and Roselia as defensive Serv checks, the fact that offensive birds and fire are checks is valid, but nearly all these teams still rely on Serv and Rose as the defensive backbone for their team, and that's primarily for other Serv. Yes, Serv and Rose check other Pokemon. However, every team needs a defensive Glare/Knock/Storm switchin on top of offensive checks and that's why Rose and Serv have 80% total usage in the tier and why every other Grass-type is dogshit. These birds and fires are also really easy to chip down during a game. They all take either 25% from rocks and/or have recoil-based STAB attacks. The odds of them surviving long enough to check serv late game is low and some of my replays showcase this. You also need good hazard removal for these teams and who pairs well with offensive bird and fire types as a good Stealth Rock fogger? Servine.

Total Rufflet Tour Usage in Serv/Rose meta: | 27 | Rufflet | 22 | 5.39% | 45.45% |
How many times was Rufflet paired with Rose/Serv
| 102 | Rufflet / Servine | 13 | 3.19% | 53.85% |
| 218 | Rufflet / Roselia | 6 | 1.47% | 33.33% |

19/22 Uses featured Serv or Rose as a partner.

Rufflet's the easiest one to quantify because its a fairly niche breaker. Pokemon such as Staravia, Monferno, Magmar and Combusken have different roles for teams and the first two are pretty splashable. I'll give you the usage stats though, to prove that even teams with heavy offensive counterplay for Serv still rely on the same defensive Serv or Rose as their defensive checks because you can't get away with just offensive checks.

Total Monferno Tour Usage in Serv/Rose meta: | 2 | Monferno | 149 | 36.52% | 50.34% |
| 3 | Monferno / Servine | 58 | 14.22% | 53.45% |
| 5 | Roselia / Monferno | 55 | 13.48% | 52.73% |

Not as high as Rufflet but about 65% of Monfs are paired with a serv or a rose.

Total Combusken Tour Usage in Serv/Rose meta: | 20 | Combusken | 33 | 8.09% | 45.45% |
| 102 | Servine / Combusken | 13 | 3.19% | 61.54% |
| 146 | Roselia / Combusken | 9 | 2.21% | 22.22% |

21/33, again about 64%

Total Staravia Tour Usage in Serv/Rose meta: | 10 | Staravia | 82 | 20.10% | 48.78% |
| 16 | Staravia / Roselia | 42 | 10.29% | 52.38% |
| 48 | Staravia / Servine | 25 | 6.13% | 48.00% |

67/82, its paired with Serv or Rose.

The point is, offensive checks alone cannot get you by against Serv. They cannot switch into Glare because they lose their entire purpose of being fast breakers if they do, they usually are frail and get chipped easily, and rarely do they survive til the lategame. A lot of the more common breakers such as Monf and Busk also typically sacrifice themselves to chip Pokemon like Marshtomp too. These Pokemon arent used just for serv so they cant survive long enough to consistently act as a check, and thats why nearly all teams with these kinds of offensive counterplay still pack a Serv or Rose.

4) Arguing against some of these antiban posts

I'm too lazy to argue against every specific point raised by people, but if you do have an antiban argument you want to lob my way, tag me on Discord.

A general point I want to make towards all antiban people is that they seem to heavily want to overestimate servs capabilities, then claim that because it doesn't do everything it wants to do, its flawed and healthy. If servines biggest flaw is that it cannot often act as an early game defensive check and wall softener then sweep late game, that supports proban, not antiban. If serv was genuinely capable of shrugging off hits like that early game, switching into a third of the tier, then still pick up three kills late game, there would be no debate. No other Pokemon, except maybe clef, even offers you the ability to play any role from defensive support, wall softener, or wallbreaker/wincon at team preview. Serv lets you pick which role you want it to play at preview and is so good, it can still do multiple roles in a game. No other Pokemon can invest fully into its defenses, while still being one of the most potent breakers in the tier, and it also has the option to luck through checks if all else fails. A lot of my replays showcase this, servine switches into attacks and clicks Knock and Glare early game, then survives long enough to break late game. If you expect it to do all this every game, again, you expect far too much. The fact that serv is capable of so much in a meta which heavily preps for it is proof that its incredibly centralising.

Another general point I want to make is to fully explain how Serv has warped the meta. Many of you cite the argument of 'I can slap a lot of the most viable mons on a team and naturally have multiple checks, both offensive and defensive to serv so it doesnt affect me in builder'. To those people, I'd ask you to look at our top used Pokemon and our VR. Number 1, 2 and 5 of the most used Pokemon in this meta is Serv, Rose and Grimer, 1, 2 and 3 for best defensive Serv checks. Number 3 is Monferno, one of Serv's better offensive checks, 10 is staravia, offensive sets are typically seen as reliable offensive checks, 11 is haunter, then you have two 'checks' in steel types Pawn and Metang at 13 and 14, and then vull, toge and combusken take 18, 19, and 20 respectively. 11 of our top 20 mons in terms of usage are either its best defensive counterplay, decent offensive checks or mons that are seen as checks but aren't. How is Serv still the best Pokemon in the tier despite this heavy level of warping and the fact that half of our top 20 mons in terms of usage check it defensively or offensively? People pack so much counterplay for it, either naturally or consciously, but it's still the best mon in the tier and still is capable of sweeping while performing defensive and wall softening roles.
More importantly, I see people complain a lot about Machoke recently. Why aren't you using Gloom or Quilladin or other defensive Machoke counters? Because you can't. Using any Grass-type that isn't serv or rose heavily weakens your serv matchup to the point where you would have to stack checks upon checks to not outright lose to it and 5 teammates. Servine has warped this meta to heavily favour spdef walls which defensively check it. Roselia and Vullaby are the big two. You need incredibly sturdy defensive serv counterplay because of how easy it is for serv to boost up. No other high ranking offensive Pokemon in the tier can boost and attack with ease like serv does, while weakening its own checks and counters with knock/glare to potentially break past them, or allow a teammate to beat them, later in the game. Plus it then can tank even SE STAB from our strongest special attackers; none of our fast frail special attackers come close to boasting that.

5) Replays

The first batch of replays are Serv teams vs teams with various degrees of offensive and defensive counterplay for it. They all highlight some facet of serv that I've brought up at some point, and each replay has a little paragraph to explain exactly what serv does. These are all here to prove how different a 6v6 game is from the 1v1 check scenarios that a lot of antiban people are suggesting. Keep in mind I also excluded borderline replays, and thst these were all filed away after watching these PL games. I didn't check every replay, so there's probs more too.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-945664510

TTK vs Leo, TTK had 3 Pokemon he would list as offensive Servine checks in Klang, Monf and Haunter. None of the offensive checks he listed beat Serv in the game. He needed his own defensive check in Serv to stall Leo Serv of all Leaf Storm PP, the other checks forced Servine out once or twice but none of them bar opp Serv beat Serv in the game because they could not switch into it. Good example of why you cant get by with just offensive checks, because some of your defensive mons will let Serv in and you have to pick one each time or let your speed control get Glared. You can't rely on offensive checks in a 6v6 TTK, its not that simple, as you yourself have proved here. Serv's role for most teams is to provide defensive utility and knock early game, then survive and try to break late game. A lot of its offensive checks don't have the longevity to survive til late game. If TTK did not have a Serv, he would have had to pick one or let his offensive counterplay get glared everytime.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-947959118

Perfect PL example of how threatening the ServGrimes core is. Quag slowly chipped at the Roselia, forced it to synth since you need health to check Serv, then trapped it with Grimer. Even if Ampha doubled, the net positive is still in the Servine users favour because they prevent either Spikes or recovery from happening. But yh Rose got trapped, the combusken got revenge killed eventually, then serv beat a CM clef and killed 4 mons. Great example of how dangerous the ServGrimes core is vs teams relying on Rose and how it can fuck you.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-948359043

My favourite PL replay tbh, and a great example of how prepping for one Serv set can completely fuck you over if its not the one you expect. At team preview, Lock looks adequately prepared for Servine. He has his own defensive Defog serv as a defensive check/switch in, offensive Staravia, Lampent and Pawniard (not a Serv check but ppl still claim it is). Defog Serv cant fit Glare. It then turns out the Star is banded. Both Band Star and Lamp are fantastic 220 speed serv checks, but theyre dogshit vs boosted 291 serv. Ktut brought 291 serv, serv got 3 kills then Lock forfeited. Shows howcdifficult prepping for all Serv sets is, some checks to slower sets are not checks to faster sets.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-948971871

Another good example of how Serv vs Serv just turns into a cripple war, regardless of how much offensive counterplay you're packing. A metagame where Serv's are 1v1ing and crippling each other because all other defensive counterplay has their own issues is not healthy. Also shows again how Serv can outlast offensive and defensive checks like Monf, Grimes, Comb etc.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-948980660

Another classic tbh, great example of how bullshit Glare is. Ktut preserves his Grimes til the end game specifically for Dado's Serv. However, Glare does what it does best. Two paras later, Ktut goes from a guaranteed win to needs to win a 50/50 because of back to back paras. He loses said coinflip. Perfect example of how late game Glare and Serv reduce skillful play, shows how uncompetitive Glare is.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-950485314

Another classic, arctic has rose, vull and grimes. I cant see a core more prepped and ready for serv than that. Serv even missed two early game leaf storms, but what happens? The rose gets chipped and eventually trapped by Cheryls grimer, then serv chips and muscles through arctics grimer, beats a twave clef, then breaks kad sash. Marsh also burns the vull to make it not a serv check. Proof that, in a 6v6, defensive checks can easily be worn down or removed by teammates for serv, and a similar argument applies for offensive checks. Servs defensive bulk and longevity lets it survive til the end game to break.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nfe-956888882

Again, another example of how dangerous the ServGrimes core is. Quag traps the Rose early game with grimes. Staravia gets glared, serv comes in late game, breaks, gets one para on star, gg. Hys only had rose and defensive star for serv and it was super easy for serv to clean late game. Proof that u need a lot of offensive counterplay on top of defensive counterplay for serv, cause said defensive counterplay is too susceptible to chip, trapping and being weakened or being glared through.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nfe-956982844

ServGrimes again. Grime traps Rose, serv then gets two kills and breaks through the defensive backbone of the team for other teammates. Prankin had no offensive serv counterplay, just rose, and it got trapped for serv to break.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nfe-957368402

Both teams at preview have sufficient offensive or defensive counterplay. Excluding serv itself, Dado has vull, grimes, and haka I suppose. Offler has good offensive and defensive counterplay in mag, monf, and metang. None of these offensive and defensive checks survive til the end game but both servs do make it that far. Game comes down to a glared serv on serv war. Shows that offensive counterplay is unreliable, its rare for a lot of these offensive fires to survive long enough to beat serv in the end game.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nfe-964374469

Both have good offensive counterplay. Lamp chips Cam's grimes. PDs serv then breaks through grimes and even beats a Haunter that came in on a free switch. It ate a super effective STAB sludge wave from one of the strongest special attackers in the tier. Cam's serv does a lot less but turn 27/28 is significant. After PDs serv muscles through a chipped grimes, beats Haunter (a supposed check) off the bat, 12% serv gets one opportunity to heal up, beats Kad, then almost beats clef if not for a leaf storm dodge. Even in games where serv gets heavily chipped, it needs one opportunity to heal up on a slower defensive mon and it becomes a massive threat again, but you dont get your check back. Again, shows how teammates weaken serv checks and highlights how insane its special bulk is relative to how good it is offensively.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nfe-965263841

I think this is the perfect serv busted replay. Elgino's Serv knocks off the Magmar Specs on the switch, takes 60 from non-Specs FB and glares it, makes it useless as a serv check. It attempts to fish for paras and synths, blink switches. It then comes back in to kill the Machoke, beats a slightly boosted CM clef, then comes back in later to clean with buzz and krok.

This second batch is for replays of Serv against a team without a Serv or a Rose. There's 6 replays here. Keep in mind that only 23ish% of teams do not have either on it, then keep in mind that only 40ish% of teams have serv on it. The amount of tour replays where this type of mu at team preview happens is pretty low, so the fact that I've got 6 good ones is a significant number.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-953987545

Another great replay. PDs team is p wack, it doesnt really support serv that well in terms of breaking checks. Lock has a haunter, monf and slig. Slig gets chipped, serv is used to revenge kill a weakened Haunter cause its blown the Z move. Lategame serv wins one 50/50 vs the monf, proceeds to kill tang too. Again, highlights how insane servs bulk is, when its used to revenge kill a Pokemon like Haunter who hits it with strong SE STAB attack.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nfe-961902952

WMAR just has monf and offensive star as serv checks. No defensive checks. Neither mon survives to lategame. Servine beats double dance kad, kills mareanie then kills clef. Easy serv clean vs a team with no defensive serv counterplay and two offensive checks.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-894661936

Serv glared and knocked a toge, proceeded to Storm up and got 3 kiils. More importantly, it ate a Z Outrage from Fraxure. Fraxure has 117 base Attack, one of the highest in the tier. Highlights how dangerous Serv can be when its not against Rose and how difficult it is to revenge kill for teams that don't have specific defensive counters to it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7nu-887036423

This is a quality game which highlights how stupid Glare can be. You can make judgements about how the early game was played, fair enough, but turn 24 onwards is what I want to highlight. Marj has a full hp evio metang as a serv check. Most tangs have massive 4mss and can't even beat serv unless they get lucky with mash boosts, but marj is able to fit toxic on hers, which should beat Serv. Turn 33 serv knocks tang. Turn 38 serv starts. Two paras and a miss later Serv wins. On top of Glare hax, Serv also consistently provided incredible defensive utility by constantly switching into Buzz Vswitch thoughout the game. Friso himself proves here that Toxic on Serv isnt a be all end all where, once its crippled, its useless. Despite being Toxiced, Serv pulled through and beat some of its checks with some luck.

6) Final Thoughts

I think I've written 4 posts about Servine now. First one explaining why it's good, second one focussed on Serv/Rose as a whole and how they unhealthily warp the meta in a restricitive and centralising way, and third one was a response to some arguments. This will be my last post on Serv. If you do wanna argue with me though, you can tag on Discord or, even better, I'm challenging anyone on the antiban side to Servine Smackdown v2, this time me (and any proban people who want to join) vs any antiban people who want to join, on the weekend. Pick a time and, if I can do it, I'll be there. Depending on how many people turn up (if any), it'll probably be a clusterfuck, but it should be fun and entertaining for both sides.

Last edited:

Jett

gn gobodachis
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
DPP NFE
Welcome to DPP NFE. DPP NFE is a fast-paced, fun and diverse metagame, but it's also quite different compared to other NFE generations because of the lack of Eviolite. This resources post contains key mechanics present in DPP NFE that are not present in the BW NFE metagame and a banlist for the tier. This post will also contain the viability ranking project and the sample team archive. It will later be updated to include speed tiers, a role compendium, sample sets and more.

Rules:
Mechanic: Only Pokemon who can evolve are allowed.
Clauses: OU Clauses
Challenge Format: Gen 4 UU

Banlist:
Players cannot use the following Pokémon: Chansey, Dragonair, Dusclops, Electabuzz, Haunter, Machoke, Magmar, Magneton, Porygon2, Rhydon, Scyther, Sneasel
Players cannot use the following abilities: Snow Cloak, Sand Veil
Players cannot use the following moves: Baton Pass, Sunny Day
Players cannot use the following items: Deep Sea Tooth, Light Ball, Light Clay, Thick Club
The preliminary council members for DPP NFE are Anime Sans , Crystalites , Quagg , SBPC , Toy Time King and WMAR

Key Changes between BW and DPP
  • No Eviolite.
  • Team Preview does not exist.
  • A Pokemon's sleep counter does not reset when switching out. Also, sleep lasts for 1 to 4 turns rather than BW's 1 to 3.
  • The moves Explosion and SelfDestruct temporarily halves the opponent's Defense, effectively doubling their Base Power.
  • Wish heals the target by 50% of its HP, rather than 50% of the user's HP.
  • Taunt lasts for 2 to 4 turns.
  • Encore lasts for 3 to 7 turns.
  • Petal Dance, Thrash, and Outrage are paused but not disrupted if the user can't move due to sleep, freezing, or flinching.
  • Crash damage is half of the damage the attack would have dealt, and half of the target's max HP if the target's type makes it immune to the attack.
  • Tail glow raises the user's special attack by 2 stages.
  • Growth does not raise Attack and is unaffected by weather.
  • Tailwind lasts for 3 turns.
  • Magic Coat does not affect switching moves, entry hazards, identifying moves, Disable, Spite, Encore, Torment, Taunt, Embargo, Heal Block, and Defog.
  • Sturdy does not prevent OHKOs from any moves except Horn Drill, Guillotine, Fissure, and Sheer Cold.
  • Lightning Rod and Storm Drain don't grant immunities or raise Special Attack.
    Soundproof Pokemon are immune to heal bell.
  • When a Synchronize Pokemon gets badly poisoned, the opponent gets regular poison.
  • Magic Guard Pokemon cannot be immobilized by paralysis.
  • Mental Herbs can only cure infatuation.
  • Choice items can lock a Pokemon into Trick or Switcheroo if both of the swapped items were Choice items.
  • All of the moves on this list are unavailable in generation 4.
  • These moves were not changed until generation 5.

Viability Rankings

Here is the initial Viability Rankings for the DPP NFE metagame. Pokemon are ranked based on their positive and/or negative traits, including their splashability, effect on the metagame, and reliability, as well as numerous other factors. All Pokemon are ranked by alphabetical order. If you think something should be moved up or down, post in this thread with your reasoning on why, and the change may be enacted. Also feel free to ask if there is any placement which you don't understand.

S-Rank

Reserved for absolutely meta defining Pokemon. These Pokemon are almost always able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well.

S

Monferno

A-Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that do great in the current meta, and otherwise need little to no support to function, or ones that provide a tremendous amount of support. They tend to have a few flaws which can be overlooked when compared to their amazing traits,

A+

Gligar
Golbat
Misdreavus
Piloswine

A

Diglett
Metang
Roselia
Vigoroth

A-

Kadabra
Wartortle
Yanma

B-Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that work well in the meta or can provide valuable niches, but otherwise have large competition or notable flaws that make them not as viable as A-Rank Pokemon. They often require more support in order to bring out their full potential.

B+

Croconaw
Marshtomp
Munchlax
Tangela

B

Bronzor
Grovyle
Lairon
Murkrow
Staravia

B-

Hippopotas
Meditite
Shelgon
Trapinch

C-Rank

Reserved for Pokemon that have a notable niche, but are generally outclassed or have a major flaw/major flaws that hold them back. They also face a large amount of competition from more commonly used Pokemon.

C+

Charmeleon
Gastly
Onix
Snover
Staryu

C

Clefairy
Cranidos
Pineco
Tentacool
Voltorb

C-

Combusken
Pupitar

Teams

Below are some DPP NFE teams. These teams are not sample teams; the DPP NFE metagame is too new and undeveloped to make accurate sample teams. These teams should give a basic idea of some of the playstyles that are viable in the metagame and provide a means of learning the metagame. In the future, these teams will be replaced by good quality sample teams or updated and given descriptions.

Feel free to submit sample teams if you wish, but in order to maintain a good quality archive, your team must be approved by the council before its addition. You may use any team below in any way you see fit.

Team Submission Guidelines:
  • An Importable of the team is required.
  • A brief explanation of how the team works and what each member does. You may also include any success the team had in tournament play, and if you want, some replays.
  • A submitted team will be added if deemed up to par.
Without further ado, onto the teams!

GroundSpam Bulky Offense

Piloswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Avalanche
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake

Gligar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash
- U-turn

Wartortle @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Waterfall
- Zen Headbutt

Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch

Roselia @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Synthesis
- Spikes
- Energy Ball
- Sludge Bomb

Metang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- Pursuit

Vigoroth + Double Scarf

Vigoroth @ Leftovers
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 56 SpD / 196 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Bulk Up
- Slack Off
- Facade

Staravia @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- U-turn
- Steel Wing

Monferno @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Grass Knot

Lairon @ Shed Shell
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Toxic

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Double-Edge
- Stealth Rock

Misdreavus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 3 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Thunderbolt

Yanma Lead + NP Golbat

Yanma @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Air Slash
- Bug Buzz
- Protect

Bronzor @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Toxic
- Gyro Ball
- Rest
- Stealth Rock

Diglett @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Reversal
- Sucker Punch

Wartortle @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Hydro Pump
- Zen Headbutt

Golbat @ Leftovers
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Heat Wave
- Giga Drain

Monferno @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Overheat

Anti-Lead Kad + Curse Pilo

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 Def
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Golbat @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Toxic

Misdreavus @ Colbur Berry
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Pain Split

Gligar @ Yache Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost
- Stealth Rock

Trapinch @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Toxic

Piloswine @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Toxic
- Curse

DoubleDance Gligar Balance

Golbat @ Leftovers
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost

Gligar @ Yache Berry
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace

Wartortle @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Haze
- Surf
- Toxic

Misdreavus @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Memento
- Shadow Ball

Metang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Mash
- Explosion
- Pursuit

Monferno @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Last edited:
hi frens, it me
So this NFEPL went super well for our team, we fricking won the tour :D, unfort i went 0-1 and got 6-0ed in that one game rofl. Anyway, I got to meet some really cool people and make a ton of really cool builds that I really like personally so I decided why not share them :3.

Haka! n_n. Subbu Haka is such a dope set rn. It sets up on so much shit like serv, rose, mare, marsh, ferro etc etc. once this thing is set up, it’s a nightmare to take down. This specific spread is super cool, s/o Hys the goat, 220 speed creeps spdef serv while also outspeeding the likes of pawn, band rufflet, jolly choker etc etc. Dual Chop is just better than DClaw rn imo but on this team, I already have pursuit support for Dabra so I thought Dual Chop was unnecessary. For this build, I wanted to build around Haka+pursuit support, more specifically pawn, because Haka doesn’t like facing the likes of clef, dabra, missy etc and having partners that can take care of these is really nice for it. Rose sets spikes to help Haka just break shit way easier whilst also taking care of Tangela, Servine, Clefairy and Haunter at a stretch. It seemed like a wonderful addition bc it just filled so many roles in 1 slot. Marsh is the rocker of this time and also functions as an answer to ferno, non-hp grass buzz, star, grime and many more. Yawn also gives a ton of opportunities to let Haka set up as it lures Tang. Scarf Frog is super dope and is solid speed control. U-turn also provides momentum for this team. Lastly, Vull helps this team’s Dabra mu and also provides the squad with removal and a ground resist.

Built this for tack in finals but it was never used rip. Yeahhh Haka again lmfao. As you can probably tell I really like this mon and for good reason, this shit is broken. So, i was told to build ClefTang which wasn’t the best case scenario because i had never built it before but it was cool. So looking at the core, I noticed it hates facing Rose. I slotted in Haka to beat ServRose whilst also providing me with a wincon so it seemed like a perfect fit. Next, I thought regen core lol. Nah but fr Mare is the ice resist and secondary fire resist and also provides momentum with the regen core. Kadabra is the main form of speed on this team because fucking hell its slow. It also gives the team away to revenge kill. Vullaby is the team’s removal, Dabra answer, Serv answer, secondary ground resist, the list goes on and on. It should be noted that this team is pretty weak to Kadabra but it can be played around with vull and dual chop haka behind a sub.

So for this team, I was asked to make a Servine+Machoke team which was something in my comfort zone because I make these kind of builds all the time. I went with a slightly faster, less bulky Servine set because I realized the team looked a bit slow afterwards. Machoke is, well.. Machoke. It comes in, clicks buttons and switches out. Marsh is the rocker and is a ferno/busken answer and helps a ton vs voltturn teams. Vullaby… again lol. Blah blah defog blah dabra answer, u know the drill i love this mon LOL. Pawniard is the secondary wincon here. Shit clicks SD and wins rofl. Scarf Haunter is a really fun set that i’ve been messing around w lately and its super cool. It’s super convenient speed control that revenge kills Servine and can cripple a huge threat in Pawniard with Trick if eviolite. frick BP for not using this, i thought it was solid :(

Built this for tack in finals which he also didn’t use ;w;. He asked for a missy+haunter ghostspam which was a cool core except for the fact i had never build it before lmfao. As you can tell im clearly the most experienced builder of this nfepl. I went for standard old subNP Missy and SubWisp Haunter, solid core that feeds on bulky builds but outright loses to the move pursuit. To help this, i added Machoke which 1v1s every trapper with ease and forces them out. Bro clicks cc and wins games rofl. Krok is the speed control of this team and also provides pursuit support to beat off weakened kadabras which hurt the aforementioned mons. Krok can act as a late game cleaner with Moxie as well so it was a perfect fit for this build. Staravia is the teams hazard control and ground check. Intim helps you to switchin threats like krok and haunter and “slow” uturn also helps. Lastly, Ferro is the rocker and answer to Servine without HP Fire. This team loves facing the fatter slower teams as it can manipulate them w krok and haunter as they are able to outspeed and just fuck over so many threats together and missy is so good vs slow teams as well.

After building cleftang and ghost spam, Tack pms me on disc literally a day before his game vs Elgino saying he knows exactly how to get the mu over elgino. So me, tack and sans hopped into a call and build this goat team. Specs Frog+Bird spam is what this team was built around so no explanation needed there. Metang sets rocks and also is an electric resist bc fucking hell this team hates buzz. Pawn is speed control and also pursuit trapper bc pursuit is broken lol. Servine is fast, fat, strong, a solid wincon and broken so bop.

I would love to feature more teams but i dont want to be that guy who floods the whole thread with a huge post so i hope those teams are enough lol. thanks for reading to the end and thank you all for a great PL, especially Simbo , i personally had a great time and i hope everyone else did too! ^-^ (shoutout post hopefully coming soon even tho i got carried rofl). Hopefully this showed you how lazy i am with my builds and how much i use Vullaby LOL.

Last edited:

Tack

Bow to your Matriarch
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
1568464730625.png

got reqs last night, voting ban unless someone on no ban can actually give a convincing argument about this mon not being super constricting on teambuilding.

Also everybody says to just use rose and fires, yeah? lets look over rose's MU's w/ all the top mons of the meta and what it can do to them, if anything just to prove my point on this shitmon being a restraint on teambuilding. gonna assume standard spdef rather than my fast rose spread that gains a better MU vs 1 variant of serv and stuff that goes to creep it

the rose set ftr
:Rosetriumph: (Roselia) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Spikes
- Synthesis

also i won't be posting calcs but i'm doing them as i write this

clef vs rose - if clef is spdef cm, rose gets set up on for free, physdef clef can't come in and set up for free, but rose also can't stop it from setting up.

Rose vs Servine i'm just gonna c/p Simbo for this one, but i will accept that rose beats most servs, though it loses eviolite in the process 99% of the time
1568465629706.png
Ebuzz vs Rose - if rose has been knocked every ebuzz w/ psychic 2hko's after rocks, if it hasn't been knocked every ebuzz set gains momentum on rose via volt switch, and psychium/specs are still capable of nabbing the 2hko after rocks

Frogadier vs rose - ebelt frog 2hkos w/ ice beam unless double min roll assuming no rocks, scarf grabs momentum by turning on switchin

Grimer vs rose - already gone over by Simbo above, but this mon pursuits rose for free lol

Haunter vs Rose - eviolite haunter literally gives 0 shits, bc rose can't break sub without a crit

Kadabra vs rose - neither switches into the other ever, but kadabra ohko's with psyshock assuming evio is active, and rolls w/ psychic after rocks, albeit one in rose's favor, if both were put into a 1v1 scenario kadabra would end up winning bc rose can't beat sash

Monferno vs rose - unboosted blitz ohko's fire blast does at +2 assuming rocks are up

Machoke vs rose - if i need to go into this one lol, but machoke wins really hard regardless of spread

Metang vs rose - see simbo's post that's like 3 above this one, as with grimer

Mareanie vs rose - tbh neither of these mons care about eachother, mare doesn't like getting tspikes in rose MU's though so rose could probably be considered good vs it?

Sliggoo vs rose - vooper update your vr, this thing is B now, it also sets up on rose for free

Duosion vs Rose - hey look another mon that sets up on rose for free who'd have guessed it?

Pawniard vs rose - check simbo's post again, but this pursuits rose so that it's useless

Misdreavus vs rose - 0 SpA Roselia Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Misdreavus: 63-75 (19.4 - 23.1%) -- possible 5HKO imagine getting subbed on bwahaha also w/ just 16 spdef you can guarantee that sludge bomb never breaks sub, even if missy doesn't have evio

Prinplup vs Rose - update your front page vr, this thing is B- now, also it loses to rose lol

anyway now that i'm noticing outdated stuff on vr, i'm gonna hop over to the mons that got moved up to A ranks in most recent shift

Gabite vs rose - honestly? neither can switch in to the other, and rose can win 1v1 if gabite isn't evio

Magmar vs rose - specs magmar OHKO's after rocks lol, also fire punch does unboosted from the drum set

marshtomp vs rose - rose wins with giga

Fraxure vs rose - unboosted fraxure OHKO's after rocks, and this thing runs Band/DD normally, while being capable of setting a dd on rose

Staravia vs Rose - 0 Atk Staravia Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Roselia: 254-302 (83.8 - 99.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock this move that star always runs, ohko's assuming you're max Def, lmaoooooooo

Oh also i'd like to use this post for my own vr nom when servine innevitably gets banned,
Roselia to Unranked.
Because Imagine giving Seaking an S rank. fuck that. ban servine. the fact that rose got s rank bc of serv, and only serv, means serv's completely broken. and this trashmon rose having 40% usage despite losing to fucking everything good is just more proof that servine's effect on the metagame is a SEVERE detriment.

Last edited:

ayedan

5 am in Toronto
unknown-6.png

So I won,
Dont have time for a big post
I'm personally voting Ban on Servine.
I agree with all the above statements by users like Tack, Simbo, and dom as I also find Servine very overcentralizing in both play and teambuilding. The entire meta revolves around Serv and having to pack multiple checks to it, isn't great for any meta and the fact that these "checks" can easily be disposed of doesn't help that fact.

tl;dr: ban this overcentralizing mon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)