NFL Thread - 2019-2020 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rams' o-line has been one of the worst in the league and only mcVay's scheme has managed to salvage the run game for gurley. Goff has always been bad under pressure but his protection was so good the last two seasons we forgot. He sucks at making something anytime he has to scramble, which has been OFTEN this season

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've never felt so empty after a win.

Jackson sucked, although I will say that one of his picks was the ref missing a blatant PI, and one was just flat out not a pick. The one in the middle was one of the worst throws I've ever seen though.

The race for the worst record is more competitive than the race to be title favorite. It's clearly Pat's which is boring af meanwhile watching the dolphins, skins, jets and bungals all try to out-suck each other is depressingly entertaining.

And wtf happened to the bears in England lol?

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
This Patriots offense is low key miserable, and they are being bailed out by one of the most terrifyingly good defenses since the Ravens '00 run. I'm gonna have to dig in to some of the histories on total defense numbers because this is ludicrous what they're doing. Luckily for the Patriots there's not an Offense in the league currently playing consistent enough to beat them even if the Pats offense throws up lackluster shit all day.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This Patriots offense is low key miserable, and they are being bailed out by one of the most terrifyingly good defenses since the Ravens '00 run. I'm gonna have to dig in to some of the histories on total defense numbers because this is ludicrous what they're doing. Luckily for the Patriots there's not an Offense in the league currently playing consistent enough to beat them even if the Pats offense throws up lackluster shit all day.
Also helps that the Patriots schedule is impressively bad this year, so anything less than 16-0 would be a huge shock to me.

I guess if there's a silver lining for me, it's that Pittsburgh defense has generated more turnovers in the first 5 weeks than probably the last 11 years combined? Idk, it's just a shit season that keeps getting worse.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Also helps that the Patriots schedule is impressively bad this year, so anything less than 16-0 would be a huge shock to me.
God I wish. I know I’ve mentioned before I’m a much bigger fan of defense than I am offense so this Patriots team, despite its offensive troubles is easily the most fun I’ve ever had watching them. I was too young to appreciate the earlier defensive teams from their first run, so this defense is special for me. I really want this team to do well this year.

God I wish. I know I’ve mentioned before I’m a much bigger fan of defense than I am offense so this Patriots team, despite its offensive troubles is easily the most fun I’ve ever had watching them. I was too young to appreciate the earlier defensive teams from their first run, so this defense is special for me. I really want this team to do well this year.
is 19-0 good?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Funnily enough, I get what you're saying. Problem is, you're not terribly likely to get much sympathy or understanding for your "problem" from most people. As a fan of defense as well, I can relate with you, but I can't exactly say I'm thrilled about the prospect of the Patriots winning yet another Super Bowl. I wish there was a way for both of us to be happy, but I just don't see it happening this year :)

Funnily enough, I get what you're saying. Problem is, you're not terribly likely to get much sympathy or understanding for your "problem" from most people. As a fan of defense as well, I can relate with you, but I can't exactly say I'm thrilled about the prospect of the Patriots winning yet another Super Bowl. I wish there was a way for both of us to be happy, but I just don't see it happening this year :)
considering the people we pull for, probably never in the same year id think

At this point I'm hoping the Patriots just hire someone to kidnap OJ Howard from Tampa bay because Brady can't keep throwing to Ryan Jizzo and Matt Lacrosse.

Tampa wouldn't even notice if he was gone.

Also Josh Gordon is like 240 pounds and is slow as shit

I still can't believe yall thought it was a good idea to hand your first round pick over for Minkah Fitzpatrick after a 0-3 start. Better get a streak going fast so that it doesn't end up anywhere in the top ten.

Definitely been an interesting season so far with team results vs. their own expectations. I definitely agree with the comments about defense being more fun to watch, and while I normally hate the patriots I'm impressed with how their defense is doing. Looking forward to see how they do down the stretch. Also interested in seeing if any offenses emerge to combat said defense that performs on a more consistent stretch. It's one thing to open the season hot (a.k.a. the Chiefs), but hoping there's a team out there that gets hot and stays hot to at least keep the title race interesting.

He just gets a free pass in all the shit things he does during a game. It’s so fucking weird.
Yet all the other young QBs, like Trubisky, get torn apart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)