Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread - Mark 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the unexpected has happened: Project X Zone is now slated for world wide localization.
Here's the announcement for the NA release: link

Fret not, a similar one is on Namco Bandai's websites for other regions.

Anyone else extremely happy about this news?

So I played the Fire Emblem demo with just a casual intention just to try it out or whatever. I played a few games of the series and they were fun but I'm not really committed to it or anything and wasn't really planning on picking up the 3DS rendition.

Oh GOD was that demo so convincing! It was really fun and some of the gameplay and aesthetic additions to series seem really cool (I'm not really sure if passive boosts when fighting close to other units was a thing in other FE games but it more visually apparent).

So yeah go play it.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, the unexpected has happened: Project X Zone is now slated for world wide localization.

still jizzing my pants for something I had given up hope for to ever be localized outside of japan.

Interesting! I'm definitely excited for it. So many great games coming out, I'm glad I have a 3DS now...it hadn't seen much use until recently.

jrp

Banned deucer.
I was not expecting that at all, considering the massive price slash it got in japan. This is truly delightful news!

So I played the Fire Emblem demo with just a casual intention just to try it out or whatever. I played a few games of the series and they were fun but I'm not really committed to it or anything and wasn't really planning on picking up the 3DS rendition.

Oh GOD was that demo so convincing! It was really fun and some of the gameplay and aesthetic additions to series seem really cool (I'm not really sure if passive boosts when fighting close to other units was a thing in other FE games but it more visually apparent).

So yeah go play it.
The GBA fire emblems had this at least in the form of Supports. I can't say much for the Ike games since I haven't played them, and I BELIEVE they were present in Shadow Dragon but I never paid attention to them if they did exist

I was not expecting that at all, considering the massive price slash it got in japan. This is truly delightful news!

The GBA fire emblems had this at least in the form of Supports. I can't say much for the Ike games since I haven't played them, and I BELIEVE they were present in Shadow Dragon but I never paid attention to them if they did exist
They were in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, yeah.

edit: Shadow Dragon had a support system, too.

jrp

Banned deucer.
I'm liking the huge buff to the Rescue command that Awakening has.

Can't say I'm a big fan of classic vs casual mode, the entire thing that made the game for me in the games was the fact that a death was permanent

I'm liking the huge buff to the Rescue command that Awakening has.

Can't say I'm a big fan of classic vs casual mode, the entire thing that made the game for me in the games was the fact that a death was permanent
Well, uh, you could just not play Casual mode and leave it to the casuals?

I played the Awakening demo and it's AMAZING. MUST get it when it comes out. Looking forward to it so much. Gameplay, plot, graphics, everythings looks amazing.

Also what's the Rescue buff you were talking about?

jrp

Banned deucer.
I played the Awakening demo and it's AMAZING. MUST get it when it comes out. Looking forward to it so much. Gameplay, plot, graphics, everythings looks amazing.

Also what's the Rescue buff you were talking about?

Rescue buff is that when you pick up a unit you get stat bonuses depending on that unit's class

blitzlefan

shake it off!
3DS!!! I'm saving up for it and I'm SO excited for the new Animal Crossing and X/Y. Does anybody know on what platform the new Super Smash Bros. will be on? I remember rumors about it being on 3DS but I have no idea.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just picked up a 3DS today. Got Super Mario 3D Land, Paper Mario Sticker Star, Sonic Generations, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Mario Kart 7, as well as downloaded the Fire Emblem Awakening demo. Pretty pleased with what I've played so far (barely touched the Mario games, only 2 levels of sm3dl). Kid Icarus is really fun even though I'm pretty bad at it, and Sonic Generations is really enjoyable. I waited this long to pick this up because I wasn't that interested in anything that's out yet but with Fire Emblem coming out soon and Pokemon coming out in October, plus the inevitable Smash Bros and probably Luigi's Mansion as well, I figured now was the time.

3DS!!! I'm saving up for it and I'm SO excited for the new Animal Crossing and X/Y. Does anybody know on what platform the new Super Smash Bros. will be on? I remember rumors about it being on 3DS but I have no idea.
Iirc, it's going to be on both the WiiU and the 3DS, and it was going to support cross play between them.

I've also played the demo for Awakening and I really enjoyed it. I'm glad Project X Zone is getting localized, man Nintendo will be taking a lot of money this year, lol.

The circle pad that comes on the 3DS or the Circle Pad Pro?
The one on the system.

Also had another question for anyone who's played Kingdom Hearts 3D, is it any better with the circle pad pro? Using shoulder buttons to control the camera is kinda annoying, so does having the other circle pad make it more...fluid I guess, like the PS2 games?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Oh. The one on the system is tough as nails. I've had mine for over a year now and my 5 year old plays it all the time, and very occasionally my 1 year old gets his hands on it. If anything about the 3DS was flimsy they would have broken it by now.

Oh. The one on the system is tough as nails. I've had mine for over a year now and my 5 year old plays it all the time, and very occasionally my 1 year old gets his hands on it. If anything about the 3DS was flimsy they would have broken it by now.
Ok that's good to know. Guess I should know better than to mistrust Nintendo quality, I just find over the years I get more anal about not wanting to overuse or break stuff lol.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
@Shinryu: Circle pad pro helps fo sho for KH3D. Without it you have to awkwardly adjust the camera ingame. Of course you could play the game without it, but I personally found the circle pad pro helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)