nj art

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
That is insane, nj. You always make Magmar look cooler than he already is. The line art is so smooth.

Rad as hell.

what an awesome bab~~~

I love those bows and all those snake mouth/head deets

quickie or not it is loose and fun and I dig!!

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
ive been drawing, i just havent been drawing fun stuff sadly!!

i need to make my portfolio a little beefier so colleges at least take me half seriously lol

heres a very wip head of a ball python i am stippling in ink, the actual picture is much larger than just the head

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ikr - dat voluptuous Arbok~

Magmar is also rearing to Fire Punch someone in the face!

I really love the elaborate detail of that ball python - can't wait to see the whole thing!

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
thanks dan <3

anyways, i started another piece today to beef up my portfolio
its probably going to be the piece which best shows my penchant for detail and illustration, and gives me a chance to really flex my art muscles, so let me know what you guys think

sorry its so wip!! hopefully you guys can get an idea though

By the detail in the lower jaw and scarf kinda thing I love it already.
Your little details are amazing and the extent to which you do small patterns makes your pieces really stand out, so I'm sure this one is gonna be just as amazing!

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The composition and humour seem great so far. Not sure how finalized the colour scheme is right now... I dunno how I feel about it. I go between liking it and not liking it. I think the dull green/brown can work with the bright red and gold but maybe it needs to be present throughout, and not just in the lower lefthand part of the piece? I'm not sure, but it's something to think about. Also try to keep contrast in mind as you fill in the details.

Excited to see you doing portfolio work!!

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i cant decide if it reminds me of the caterpillar in alice in wonderland or the alligator in princess and the frog

Haha NJ, your self portraits are always classy as fuq. I don't really have much to say about the later pic, though I feel like maybe the scarf isn't very soft looking atm! But that might be the texture you're going for, it's sort of hard to judge at this point.

Nastyjungle

JACKED and sassy
The composition and humour seem great so far. Not sure how finalized the colour scheme is right now... I dunno how I feel about it. I go between liking it and not liking it. I think the dull green/brown can work with the bright red and gold but maybe it needs to be present throughout, and not just in the lower lefthand part of the piece? I'm not sure, but it's something to think about. Also try to keep contrast in mind as you fill in the details.

Excited to see you doing portfolio work!!

oops!!! i forgot to mention that i will be drawing a background and it will probably be mostly red (and i will also put gold whathaveyous throughout)

thanks for the feedback everybody :heart:

With your portfolio I don't think getting into the college of your choice is going to be a problem. Seriously, sky's the limit, get into a good one!

I don't really know what getting back into smogon would look like for me seeing how I average about 200 posts a year, but sure! I just swung by the Smog and noticed that article art is taken from Smeargle now? You crazy kooks!

edit: or no, is that how it works now? i'll figure it out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)