Nonsense Theorymons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Blissey doesn't have enough offence to actually attack with anything other than Seismic Toss, but my OCD tendencies require Pokémon to at least have a viable STAB move off their better offensive stat, even if they'll never use it.

I know, I thought Glaceon might already get Flash Cannon as well. However, I was quite surprised to learn that it actually does not.

Aerilate Leafeon with Close Combat because Flying/Fighting coverage works best for it, and because it breaks flavour every which way without making too little sense for my OCD to deal with.

Also Stone Edge Cherrim. Realistically Cherrim really needs more than just Stone Edge to help with its lack of coverage and stats, but that seems like a good first step. At least Gen VI gave it a physical STAB in the form of Petal Blizzard. Your question might be "why Physical Cherrim?", to which my answer is Flower Gift. You could give it Diamond Storm instead for less flavour.

Zygarde? Hm… what about Solid Rock?
I like AeriLeaf (that's what I'm calling it). This stands a good chance of being accepted.
Also, what about Flash Fire for Glaceon? Or Thick Fat? One removes a 4x weakness, the other reduces both 4x to 2x.

Thundurus is actually S-rank. Tornadus suggestions are fine though.
Oh, must've missed it. T-forme is open though.

Trick Room Camerupt, maybe? Who needs speed?
Interesting. I'll think on it.

Last edited:
Huge power, fighting/flying type, close combat farfetch'd

Imirite?
Eh, even with HP, Farfetch'd's stats are so mediocre it's not even worth it. It has almost nonexistent bulk with pitiful speed, so as mlg said, it's kinda...
FARFETCH'D
Still not a bad suggestion, but outside of Wonder Guard, Steel/Fairy, and Light Of Ruin, there's not much you can do to make that thing viable.

Last edited:
Scarf would still be decent, may not be that fast, but it still can outspeed some things. But I see that you say it's a bit...

FARFETCH'D

Virizion is Fairy/Fighting, gains Will O Wisp, and has the Ability Pixilate.

That's all I've got, I'm not good at the crazy creativity thing. Maybe more later.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
How many things can we submit? Anyways.

Lucario is now a Normal / Fighting with Tough Claws over Steadfast and now has Knock Off

Virizion is Fairy/Fighting, gains Will O Wisp, and has the Ability Pixilate.

That's all I've got, I'm not good at the crazy creativity thing. Maybe more later.
M-Altaria has better offensive stats, though Virizion could tank Special damage better and doesn't take up a Mega slot. That said, M-Alt doesn't itself have great offense in a high power meta such as ORAS's, so without setup, I'm not sure if Virizion would be that great. However, we'll know for sure if it's accepted.
Not sure it would be the best user of Will-O-Wisp, but it does get Synthesis for a defensive role. The problem is Fairy/Fight has five weaknesses.

Last edited:
How many things can we submit? Anyways.

Lucario is now a Normal / Fighting with Tough Claws over Steadfast and now has Knock Off
Lucario is in the B's for viability, so it's not eligible. I'd say up to three per round. ALSO provide some reasoning beforehand for each please.
And just for clarity, people submit ideas, I consider them, and pick one to three. Undecided on that.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Lucario is in the B's for viability, so it's not eligible. I'd say up to three per round.
And just for clarity, people submit ideas, I consider them, and pick one to three. Undecided on that.
I should probably look at the viability ranks before posting a submission lol (I thought Luke would be a lot lower...)

Anyways here's my 3 (not counting Lucario obviously because that was a fluke(ario))

• Arcanine is now a Normal / Ghost with Tough Claws and now has Shadow Claw
  • Salamence is now a Dragon / Fairy with Thick Fat and now has Play Rough
  • Sandslash is now a Ground / Steel with Levitate and now has Slack Off

Last edited:
  • Parasect is now Dark/Steel with Speed Boost over Dry Skin and has Gear Grind (I would have said Heavy Slam plus increase is weight by a Megagross for LOLs).
  • Hydreigon is now Dragon/Steel, gains Sniper and has access to Doom Desire.
  • Cacturne is now Water/Bug, has Skill Link and gains access to Water Shuriken.
Just some ideas, Parasect might be a bit weak still.

I should probably look at the viability ranks before posting a submission lol (I thought Luke would be a lot lower...)

Anyways here's my 3 (not counting Lucario obviously because that was a fluke(ario))

• Entei is now a Normal / Ghost with Tough Claws and now has Shadow Claw
Ehhh... like I said, superior defensive types will be under heavy consideration, so Normal/Ghost isn't likely to pass. Not saying it won't.
Sandslash is actually decent defense-wise, and with Steel being a very defining type and not being bad with Ground, this is a good possibility. It also is immune to two status, Para and Poison. Levitate removes a weakness entirely, which, interestingly, makes it a great switch in for itself if it carries a move that can counter it. It has a solid Attack stat for a bulky set, but lacks speed for even a Scarf set. This has a pretty good chance.
Salamence is interesting. Maybe.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Ground/Normal Flygon with Download and gets Perish Song
Poison/Ground Arbok with Magnet Pull and gets Thousand Arrows
Ghost/
Ice Mega Abomasnow with Speed Boost (30 base Speed) and gets Phantom Force

I love this concept

• Parasect is now Dark/Steel with Speed Boost over Dry Skin and has Gear Grind (I would have said Heavy Slam plus increase is weight by a Megagross for LOLs).
  • Hydreigon is now Dragon/Steel, gains Sniper and has access to Doom Desire.
  • Cacturne is now Water/Bug, has Skill Link and gains access to Water Shuriken.
Just some ideas, Parasect might be a bit weak still.
The best Dark move Parasect gets is Knock Off, which is powerful the first time, but doesn't do much against Megas, esp. off a 95 Atk. Also, it's speed is so bad, it would have to stall for 4-6 turns just to match most 'mons, and it's defensive stats are pretty low, though not the worst. It also lacks Baton Pass even.
Dragon/Steel is one of the high watch types, so isn't likely.
Cacturne could possibly use Fell Stinger and Pin Missile, though Bullet Seed is superior, and this Pokemon once again lacks bulk and speed. It might benefit more from keeping Grass and getting Speed Boost, as it has enough speed to make use of it.

The best Dark move Parasect gets is Knock Off, which is powerful the first time, but doesn't do much against Megas, esp. off a 95 Atk. Also, it's speed is so bad, it would have to stall for 4-6 turns just to match most 'mons, and it's defensive stats are pretty low, though not the worst. It also lacks Baton Pass even.
Dragon/Steel is one of the high watch types, so isn't likely.
Cacturne could possibly use Fell Stinger and Pin Missile, though Bullet Seed is superior, and this Pokemon once again lacks bulk and speed. It might benefit more from keeping Grass and getting Speed Boost, as it has enough speed to make use of it.
I agree that Parasect's changes aren't enough to make it worth using, if you can somewhat force a switch, spore something, set up swords dance and at least kill something and keep gaining speed it may be cool otherwise it is still bad. Hydreigon's typing might be too much, it would probably fit Druddrigon better, Cacturne was just my attempt to get the classic, gimmicky King's Rock Skill Link Water Shuriken with access to a multi-hit moves.

Ground/Normal Flygon with Download and gets Perish Song
Poison/Ground Arbok with Magnet Pull and gets Thousand Arrows
Ghost/
Ice Mega Abomasnow with Speed Boost (30 base Speed) and gets Phantom Force

I love this concept
I'm not convinced Speed Boost would be a good trade for Snow Warning, which gives it a perfect acc. Blizzard. I don't know how viable Phantom Force is as a move, suffering from many of the problems of a two turn attack.
I like the idea of Arbok. It's a good Steel trapper that can hit Flying types, but suffers from low stats, especially in a high stat metagame like ORAS's. IT doesn't fear Steel as much as most Poison types would, but it's low stats mean that most Steel types could probably still take hits from Thousand Arrows. However, with a Choice Scarf, it could be pretty good against Flying Types that would fear Thousand Arrows if it can out-speed them.
And Flygon...?

Dragalge now gets Flamethrower and now is Water/Dragon.

Dusknoir is now Ghost/Fighting, and gets Drain Punch.

Gogoat is now Grass/Ground with Thick Fat and gets Close Combat.

Scrafty is now Fairy/Fighting and gets Shadow Sneak.

This concept is p. cool btw, Dialga

edit: removed moves due to the one-thing rule

Dark Mage Ewan By the way, what do you not like about FE: Awakening?

Dragalge now gets Slack Off and Flamethrower and now is Water/Dragon.

Dusknoir is now Ghost/Fighting, and gets Drain Punch and Recover.

Gogoat is now Grass/Ground with Thick Fat and gets Close Combat.

Scrafty is now Fairy/Fighting and gets Shadow Sneak.

This concept is p. cool btw, Dialga
Thanks, but as I said, only three please, and explain a bit.
Scrafty doesn't have any way to use it's Fairy STAB.
Dusknoir... sucks. Bad HP, bad speed. It can't use it's defenses very well and can't act fast enough.
Gogoat... perhaps. Why CC?
Dragalge... Why Flamethrower? Also, Water/Dragon is a little more close to flavor than I'd like. Slack Off may be the better one to keep. Thanks to Dragon, Grass is of little concern anyway. Same with Ice thanks to Water.

Last edited:

• Entei is now a Normal / Ghost with Tough Claws and now has Shadow Claw
If you're willing to trade Entei for Arcanine, I'll consider it. Entei seems a bit too bulky for Normal/Ghost.

Don Honchkrorleone

Happy Qwilfish the nightmare
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I'm not convinced Speed Boost would be a good trade for Snow Warning, which gives it a perfect acc. Blizzard. I don't know how viable Phantom Force is as a move, suffering from many of the problems of a two turn attack.
Phantom Force is actually Protect so with it you get a Speed boost (no pun). Abomasnow has Ice Beam still and Shadow Ball, but Phantom Force would be mainly for physical SD/Phantom Force/Ice Punch/EQ.

I like the idea of Arbok. It's a good Steel trapper that can hit Flying types, but suffers from low stats, especially in a high stat metagame like ORAS's. IT doesn't fear Steel as much as most Poison types would, but it's low stats mean that most Steel types could probably still take hits from Thousand Arrows. However, with a Choice Scarf, it could be pretty good against Flying Types that would fear Thousand Arrows if it can out-speed them.
It'd be mostly to trap defensive steels, like Ferrothorn (Fire Fang) and Skarmory, also has speed enough to outspeed Heatran. It has also Switcheroo. Better than Magneton in OU imo.

And Flygon...?
Flygon would have STAB Boomburst now as well as Return (and Quick Attack). With Download, it'd be a Genesect 0.5. Perish Song is for Nonsense factor, but could use something like Ice Beam/Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)