Now Playing 2: The Return of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horns And Tails by Poison The Well

Great hardcore band, which has been going a bit downhill though. Their newer production isn't nearly as aggressive as it should be. Horns And Tails sums this loss of crashing drums and screaming because it's a fucking acoustic song. When hardcore goes acoustic it's like slapping a beautiful woman in the face - it's wrong. Tear From The Red isn't their best album but it has some decent songs as well. Just not this one.

2/10

Flo Rida (ft. Kesha) - Right Round

Yeah ok, Flo Rida is a bit of (BAN ME PLEASE) but this song is catchy as hell and samples You Spin Me Right Round in the chorus. It's a cool song, and I think it's about him spending a lot of money on a stripper. ?_?

You spin my head right round, right round
When you go down, when you go down down

Dead or Alive - You Spin Me Right Round 2003

I like the new version they did. :/

You spin me right round, baby right round!

From The Isle Of The Blessed by Junius

A superb combination of post-rock and space rock. They have a bunch of great instrumental post-rock songs but what I really like about this band is how they combine these two genres in just one song. The basic distorted guitars of post-rock with a mix of lengthy instrumental passages and lyrical themes of space in the songs form a working musical structure. Definitely worth trying out.

8.5/10

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

This song is one of the best things ever recorded. I know it's a cover, but it's such a good cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)