Now Playing 2: The Return of Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brainticket - Black Sand

10/10. Great psychedelic music for the insane. Good for those who are too tired to sleep. I love brainticket ithe music they play with their machines.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Nevermore - A Future Uncertain

Jeff Loomis is a god. A god, I tell you. Great song from their last album.

8/10

Now Playing: !!! - All My Heroes Are Weirdos

Woaow WOAH Woaw WOAH Woaw WOAH WOAH OH OHHHh

Can't thank No Rulz enough for talking about this band so much on here, they're awesome. This is my favourite song from the Myth Takes album.

Voxtrot - Rise Up in the Dirt

this song makes me feel really good whenever i bummed and i think more people should listen to Voxtrot

unrateable/10

They Might Be Giants - Contrecoup

First time listening to them and I think I definately should download more of their production. Nothing that utterly awesome, but worth listening.

7.5/10

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Sleep

Starts out with Murray Ostril talking about Coney Island, and then saying a now well known saying; They don't sleep on the beach anymore. It's almost like you can hear his reminiscing and sorrow that Coney Island isn't what it used to be, and it really sets an emotional benchmark for the song to take advantage of. My favorite part of the song is near the 9 minute mark, where it explodes. The screeching violin and fast paced drumming goes on for three minutes, and that's probably the highlight of the track for me. It's totally worth the 23 minutes just to hear perhaps the best piece of musicianship ever.

10/10

why? - waterfalls

such a beautiful song. more indie folk than hip hop in this track, yoni wolf really outdoes himself. so powerful its almost tribal.

your face never forgets a cry

9.5/10

Jesu - Jesu (album)

10/10 is an understatement. These guys are awesome. Anybody into post rock should check them out, even though they are not really post rock!

Starts out with Murray Ostril talking about Coney Island, and then saying a now well known saying; They don't sleep on the beach anymore. It's almost like you can hear his reminiscing and sorrow that Coney Island isn't what it used to be, and it really sets an emotional benchmark for the song to take advantage of. My favorite part of the song is near the 9 minute mark, where it explodes. The screeching violin and fast paced drumming goes on for three minutes, and that's probably the highlight of the track for me. It's totally worth the 23 minutes just to hear perhaps the best piece of musicianship ever.

10/10
That moment is amazing and it's what makes it my favourite GY!BE song. I don't think it's a violin though. I'm leaning towards the theremin, though the theremin's sound is slightly different.

Vangelis - Movement I

This is one of Vangelis' epic classic pieces. It relies on an entire orchestra focusing more on chanting, which makes the track really intense. Personally, I think this is one of his finest moments and it would be really great to listen to it live in a place with good acoustics.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus

10/10
That's one of my favorite GY!BE tracks. At the 13 minute mark, it starts the "Broken Windows/Locks of Love Pt III" movement, which is the best 10 minutes of music I think they ever wrote. The guitar is so understated with the perfectly placed xylophone tings... beautiful.

Cave In - Requiem

Haven't listened to this song in a while, I forgot how much Cave In can rock.

8/10

My favorite moment in Sleep has to be the dancey beat towards the end. It's just so random but it fits there perfectly.

Set Your Goals - Work In Progress

Pop punk fun! This has older hardcore influences (making it "melodic hardcore" I guess). Mostly focuses on the multiple vocals and intense drums.

8/10

My favorite moment in Sleep has to be the dancey beat towards the end. It's just so random but it fits there perfectly.

Set Your Goals - Work In Progress

Pop punk fun! This has older hardcore influences (making it "melodic hardcore" I guess). Mostly focuses on the multiple vocals and intense drums.

8/10
haha fuck yeah, set your goals are awesome!!

latterman - fear and loathing on long island

i actually dont know what to say about this song. it has changed my life.

10/10

AND NO MATTER WHERE WE GO
AND NO MATTER WHERE WE GO
OUR HEARTS WILLLLLLL
ALWAYS FOLLOOOOOOOOOOW

British India - Automatic Pulse

Shut up I love this song! Really good song with a damn catchy riff. Fast paced and its also danceable to. I highly recommend.

9.5/10

Battles - Tonto

God, Mirrored is such a fun album. One of the few laptop albums that really just fucking rocks, and very consistently. Almost the electronic equivalent of post-rock, with a sense of humor. "Tonto" is almost 8 minutes of layered sounds, awesome guitar work totally picked over and redone electronically, a dancy beat, and good melodies and hooks.

Sparta - Guns Of Memorial Park

Post-hardcore is generally a cool genre, which I've been getting into and Sparta was the first band of that genre that I ever liked. Guns Of Memorial Park is a decent song, not catchy, but a one that you can easily listen to. I somehow love the drums on this sogn though.

8/10

Sparta - Guns Of Memorial Park

Post-hardcore is generally a cool genre, which I've been getting into and Sparta was the first band of that genre that I ever liked. Guns Of Memorial Park is a decent song, not catchy, but a one that you can easily listen to. I somehow love the drums on this sogn though.

8/10
listen to at the drive-in, it's basically an older sparta with different vocals. in fact, before ATDI broke up, 3 members of sparta were part of the band

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
listen to at the drive-in, it's basically an older sparta with different vocals. in fact, before ATDI broke up, 3 members of sparta were part of the band
ATDI is one of the greatest bands of all time. The Mars Volta and Sparta are the pieces of ATDI, but the former two are mere shadows of the genius that the latter contained.

Murder by Death - Brother

i love this song. i hardly pay attention to lyrics, but the lyrics to this song are really good. i really like the melody to this song in general, and the cello really tops it off.

9.5/10

David Bowie - Sunday

A lot of people don't like Bowie's more recent stuff, but I still say that Heathen is an amazing, amazing album, even if it was a big departure from a lot of what he used to do. "Sunday" is a great example of this - the soulful and almost ambient vocals, with those low notes, the beat increasing and becoming more complex, the strange chanting, the way the song just seems to explode near the end when it switches from a computer beat to an actual drum... beautiful.

Pablo de Sarasate- Zigeunerweisen (Gypsy Airs)

Just recently, I've been getting more interested in classical/ensemble-type music, and this is one of my favorites of the relatively few non-Beethoven or Mozart acts I've listened to. The song involves only one piano and one violin, and the dynamic contrast between the two parts is very intriguing.

9/10

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Kaddisfly - Mercury (San Yue)

lol LordS listens to emo. This is like a cross between Cave In and Circa Survive. It's not bad, because it's more Cave In-ish.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Dark Tranquillity - Focus Shift

9/10

fucking awesome melodic death metal, gothenburg style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)