Now Playing 2: The Return of Music

• Thread starter Thread starter DM
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Madvillain - Eye

There were a bunch of hip-hop beats played on Adult Swim circa 2003-2004 that I loved. I found most of them, but there were 3 or 4 (naturally they were my favorites) that I never found; I don't think I ever will. The beat for this song is the closest thing to those beats I know of--slightly Eastern-tinged, very haunting. One of the best hip-hop beats I can think of readily, even though it's wasted by what sounds like a generic female R&B singer.

7.5/10
theres a really good chance that theres an instrumental version of that song as most producers make instrumentals of there cds as well

the bravery-this is not the ed. i love this song. its aobut his freind dying and hes saying as long as i love you and i have the memories your always gonna be alive to me

Tell me
Come on tell me what you can
Even as you wait for death your wiser than I am
Tell me what does it mean to exist
I am not a scientist I must believe there's more to this
And I can not accept
That everything is real
Is only what our eyes can see
And our hands can feel

10/10

Kings of Leon - McFearless

I hear a lot about this band, but this is the only song I have from them. It is awesome, though. The song uses a wah pedal for an absolutely brutal riff, and is surrounded by fuzz bass and a crazy drum rhythm. I hope their other songs rock like this.

9/10

Nouvelle Vague - Ever Fallen In Love

Her voice is pleasant even though I normally don't enjoy female vocalists that much. The lyrics are simple, but catchy and they give out a basic message.

8/10

Brand New - Play Crack the Sky

I have this at 4 stars in iTunes, but listening to it now I think I'll bump it up to 5. Brand New's acoustic songs are always amazing.

9.5/10

Dan Le Sac - 'The Beat That My Heart Skipped'

The only way I can listen to this song is to load up the latest radio 1 podcast and skip through an hour or so of mediocre dance. Yet I still do it because it's an infectious beat with clever rhymes and a quirky feel to it.

The video is not at all what I expected, the rapper is actually a white dude with a big bushy beard!

7/10 The annoying chorus lets it down

edit: i found the myspace page! linked it in

FUCK YEAH M0NKFISH

scroobius pip is a fucking amazing rapper, i love him to death. really, really insightful stuff. listen to 'thou shalt always kill', i think its called. unbelivably solid.

the gaslight anthem - we're getting a divorce, you keep the dinner

one of my new favourite bands, without question! intensely hot water music-esque, this guy has one of the most... travelled voices i have ever heard. the first half of the song is slightly mediocre, but the singalong at the end is too brilliant to ignore.

8/10

it's alright, man
i'm only bleedin', man
stay hungry, stay free
and do the best you can

Incubus - Version

This is probably one of their best songs from Enjoy Incubus, great vocals with a really awesome instrumental, if you're planning on checking Incubus out, this song is definitely a motivator.

9.5/10

Madredeus - O Pastor (=The Shepherd)

More than anything in female fronted bands, I value vocal skills, which happen to be amazing in this song. Madredeus are a portuguese band that fuse traditional portuguese music (Fado) with ethnic and neoclassical sounds. About 2/3 of the song, Teresa Salgado becomes silent giving place to an instrumental consisted of accordian, cello and, of course, the traditional portuguese guitar.

Dio - Rainbow In The Dark

Classic heavy metal at its best (or most boring, depending on whether you find fantasy lyrics annoying and midtempo metal to suck.)

7/10

ABBA ~ Money, Money, Money

Fucking awesome song. Well, no duh it's from ABBA. I'm going to start learning to play it on piano some time soon. "Money, money, money! Must be funny! In the rich man's world!". Very good song, I recommend it. :) 10/10

Funeral Diner - What Was Said

Slow paced and effect heavy. Quite a difference from the other songs on this album, with a sound that fits more into drone then hardcore. The ending has a nice little piece of guitar work which works well leading into the next song Regardless We Fall.

Edit: 6/10

Chicane - Don't Give Up

Approximately the catchiest electronic song I've heard. And as a plus, the song makes you feel good every time you manage to listen to the whole 8 and a half minutes of bass beating, relaxing sounds and surprisingly well done vocals. This is most definately Chicane's best song when you aren't looking for ambient tracks.

9.5/10

Metric ~ Live it Out

This is one of my favorite albums by them. This song is pretty good, I like how preppy it sounds. It sounds kinda... Happy, imo. Give this song a listen, and this album (Titled: Live it Out). 9/10

Vertebrae by vertebrae
Work your way out of a coma
Look up the nurse is smiling
What luck the nurse is me

Your old body is dead!
Your body is dead!
Your wood instead!
In my sleep I repeated

Well it's a good story

My favorite lyrics from this song, haha.

Jamiroquai - Alright [Live at the Jools Holland Show, 1997]

Epic live performance on Jools Holland from Jamiroquai's third album; Travelling Without Moving. This song is my favourite from the album, as great as Virtual Insanity, Cosmic Girl, High Times, Travelling Without Moving and Use The Force are. Definitely one of the best albums ever made.

Travelling Without Moving [Live at the Jools Holland Show, 1997]

And at the time of writing this, I'm also listening to one of Jamiroquai's best ever performances. Stuart Zender on that bass is mesmerising, not to mention Jay's vocals, and the rest of the band in general.

Gym Class Heroes - New Friend Request

this song is about myspace dating. dispite that; it's a very good song, unlike most gym class heroes songs, this one has a nice trumpet part which really brings the song together.

8/10

yeah glen knows where its at, i love Thou Shalt Always Kill! scroobius pip is a legend

John Butler Trio - Attitude

Absolute quality. I don't post here often, so you can tell that this must be good if I am telling everyone to listen to it. Aussie Indie Rock at its best.

10/10
My friends are all off to see JBT on Thursday, really good chill-out music

NP: Lethal Bizzle - 'Police On My Back'

Dizzee-rascal-esque London-based rapper, a big hit over here especially with club/dance DJs. This song is his best in my opinion, I'm not usually one for rap but listen out for the part where he simulates heartbeat noises... Just an awesome atmosphere! 9/10

Gregor Samsa - Young and Old

I'll start by saying this song is simply astonishing. At first you can only listen to Bennett and Nikki King's dual vocals with shoegaze elements, a guitar and some percussion. However, halfway through, the violin is added and the overall sound gets louder. It seems voices are still used but I'm not sure as it really blends with the rest of the sound and adds a great touch.

Personally I think it's a great song to start with if you're interested in Gregor Samsa.

Scarface ft Jay-Z - "Guess Who's Back"

Just a simple tune and melody, yup I said it, a 'rap' song that DOESN'T SAMPLE, and with two of the greatest, it's just a smooth listen!

against me! - From Her Lips To God's Ears (The Energizer)

My second favorite song from am! and I have to admit that the lyrics are quite genuine not to mention that for a punk song this one is catchy. I absolutely love the guitar riff. Though, I don't like the fact that the song only lasts from a two and half minutes.

8/10

Dead Can Dance - Frontier

To put it simple: tribal percussion. This is what this track is mostly consisted of and, of course, Lisa Gerrard's chants. It's one of this album's best actually, after Ocean. Nothing beats the glossolalia in Ocean.

Sunny Day Real Estate - Shadows

First time listening to SDRE, and they sound incredible. It's beautiful music that sounds normal but with something in every song that just makes it so much better. Shadows sounds exactly like this. The vocalist has an amazing voice, kind of like Matt Talbot's where it's dull yet emotional. Guitar riffs are prominent... I can't really explain this yet, but I really like Sunny Day Real Estate now.

8.5/10

The vocalist has an amazing voice, kind of like Matt Talbot's where it's dull yet emotional.

I dunno, yes it's emotional, but I've never considered Jeremy Enigk in the same sentence as Talbott, mostly because Enigk sings an entire octave higher and he's usually pushing his voice to the limit. As for you listening to SDRE for the first time, I'm glad to see you started with Diary, their debut... I wouldn't listen to their 3rd of 4th albums until you've completely assimilated the first two (second being LP2/Pink Album).

Death Cab For Cutie - That's Incentive

From the first album, when Gibbard played all the instruments. This song rocks on so many different levels, it is completely impossible not to fall in love with the guitar riff.

9.5/10

Candlemass - Black Stone Wielder

From 1986's Epicus Doomicus Metallicus, Candlemass is one of the premiere doom metal bands, heavily influenced by Black Sabbath. It's extremely suicidal and depressive, and it's got to be your style, but if you do get into this, it is what we call "amazing."

9/10

Gwen Stefani ~ Bubble Pop Electric

This a... Odd song. It's really catchy, and by the lyrics... The meaning is pretty funny. Her first album is pretty good actually, I've heard heard anything like it before! Odd, catchy song... It's good. 9/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back