np: Stage 3 - Family Reunion ("This Is Why I Created" Remix)

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The fun starts here, ladies and gentlemen. Hope you're ready for a good time, cause you've never seen or heard anything as hot and fresh as this in your life.

Stage 3. Much referenced, much talked about, and much depended upon (and hyped up) by yours truly for almost a year now. With the help of other Tiering Contributors, I've had a vision about how this entire Suspect Test Process will commence as far as pokemon Suspects are concerned for a long time, and it will finally get to play out now on the Suspect Ladder.

A refresher:

Stage 3: Analysis of all the Suspects in the standard metagame with the knowledge of which are considered Uber and OU in a Suspect-free metagame.

We know now which are considered uber and which are considered ou—this is their "Stage 2 tag" I've been referring to from the beginning. What I am asking of you is simply to play on the ladder when Doug gets it up. Try and genuinely break any of the Suspects. Don't have any mercy on your opponents or other pokemon. Remember, Suspects are Suspects because they may not be uber in the "true" metagame. We all need to know to what extent any of the six Suspects we're testing really are uber, and we can only know that for sure by playing with them all together as if they're supposed to be together.

The six Suspects are:

Shaymin-S
Garchomp
Latios
Manaphy
Latias
Deoxys-S

Aeolus and I have decided that this is the actual importance of the Suspects in this order, given their Stage 2 voting percentages and public experience with them. I'm stating this because this is the only "requirement" thus far that you all have to be aware of. We all really, really need to get Skymin's tiering right, where DXS is less important because it's "probably uber". That's not to say that you shouldn't use DXS or that doing so will not impact your Suspect EXP—it will just do so to a lesser degree than will experience with Skymin, for obvious reasons.

Doug will open up this thread when he's ready with the ladder. This test will be for at least seven weeks (probably 8+), at which point we will decide who gets voting rights. Rating and Deviation are still important, but there are no requirements for these with regard to Stage 3. Just know that the better the...better.

Again, the only requirement is to go and play the Suspect Ladder. Doug, Aeolus and I will take care of the hard part. You just go mix it up.

edit: here is the formula we used to weight for final Stage 3 SEXP

(Rating * (4SkyminSEXP + 3.5GarchompSEXP + 3LatiosSEXP + 1.5ManaphySEXP + LatiasSEXP))

We decide to ignore Deviation here, as per X-Act's input

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
We will not be releasing the actual formula that will be used to compute scores at this time. It is only important that you understand the conceptual framework we will be using to determine the voter pool. Experience with the suspects is paramount. Experience with the most contentious suspects is most important.

It is also important to realize that there will be a minimum Suspect Exp set for each and every Pokemon. Do not fail to meet that particular minimum on any single suspect if you want voting rights... neglect nobody! In the end, only objective criteria will be used... so no impassioned pleas, special permission, or status entitlements will count. Make a deliberate effort to learn as much as you can by playing on the test ladder, and you will be just fine when it comes time to release who made the voting cut. Have fun!

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I'm posting this just to notify my fellow admins that if I can help on this, I'm offering my help. (However, do realise that my time zone is different from yours.)

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
To reflect the importance of this stage of the Suspect testing process, Battling 101 is running a Suspect edition of its usual tutoring rounds. This time around, it is only open to people who want help traversing the Suspect Ladder in order to secure a voting position.

Everyone who is selected to participate will be paired up with a tutor, and you will work together in order to both maximize your odds of qualifying. You can be assured that whoever you are paired with will be helping you out for the entire testing period - you'll finally have someone to bounce ideas off and help you determine quickly what's going to work and what isn't.

If you feel you could use the help, then make sure you head on over to the Battling 101 Round 41 sign up thread, which is located here.

Best of luck everybody!

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The new Stage 3 Suspect Ladder is now open for business! Good luck battling with some of your old favorites or hated enemies, whichever the case may be. I'm looking forward to the feedback and commentary in this thread.

caelum edit: As always, this thread is to be devoid of theorymon and any comments should be based solely on your experiences with the Suspect Ladder.

Well, good ol' SD Yache Chomp is back...
One thing I predict is at the end, many of votes votes will end up as "If A is voted OU, then I vote B OU"
Just a thought.

Chomp is really the most annoying right now IMO, while Deoxys-s is really a liability. Shaymin-S is pretty bad, it is fragile and Seed Flare lost me a match or two with 85% accuracy. Deoxys-S is total set up bait.

Really, it's early to say things, but I'm seeing a lot of dragons with scarf, which is taking a bit to get used to. Every match of mine has had one so far.
true

First impression: Deoxys and Metagross leads are EVERYWHERE. Out of 15~ battles, 14 were Deos + Grosses, 1 being a Shaymin.

Second Impression: Every team has at least 2 Dragons and 2 Steels, if not, then theres a Mamoswine and/or a weavile.

Third Impression: 85% Of the teams i have seen are tremendously weak to SD Scizor, mainly thanks to no Rotom woo.
Every team has a Mamo

I've haven't seen ScarfChomp but I do see loads of YacheChomps.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Really, it's early to say things, but I'm seeing a lot of dragons with scarf, which is taking a bit to get used to. Every match of mine has had one so far.

EDIT:

After playing a bit more, the Deoxys speed ties are really annoying, and really says who wins. Garchomp isn't very scary anymore with Scizor's bullet punch taking out half his HP. Latios seems a bit too overwhelming, unless you have one too. Skymin is good, but not really game-Breakingly powerful, as SR weak and abundance of ice + priority keeps him from destroying everything.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
First impression: Deoxys and Metagross leads are EVERYWHERE. Out of 15~ battles, 14 were Deos + Grosses, 1 being a Shaymin.

Second Impression: Every team has at least 2 Dragons and 2 Steels, if not, then theres a Mamoswine and/or a weavile.

Third Impression: 85% Of the teams i have seen are tremendously weak to SD Scizor, mainly thanks to no Rotom woo.

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Usually around UU but I went to OU Suspect for the first time but man Steels + Dragons + Dragon check. Those are the three pokemon I see simultaneously. I do agree with Ray that SD Scizor is troublesome, not many are prepapred. Speaking of Rotom-C, I haven't seen any Stall Teams yet and I can see why with all these overwhelming offense.

I'm getting REALLY good results with a simple latios+garchomp combo with their respectively useful choice items and +speed natures. It's hard to beleive that garchomp was once OU after battling without him for so long.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are people usually running Adamant or Jolly on their Garchomps? I'm still running the same old Adamant Yache Chomp, yet it seems like I'm losing every time it's Chomp vs. Chomp.

Diana

This isn't even my final form
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Are people usually running Adamant or Jolly on their Garchomps? I'm still running the same old Adamant Yache Chomp, yet it seems like I'm losing every time it's Chomp vs. Chomp.
I'm using Jolly for SD Chomp, but Adamant for Scarfchomp.

I'd say that jolly is probably the better nature for garchomp if you're not using a scarf. It insures speed ties with other garchomp for the most part, plus outspeeds base 100 pokemon (manaphy mostly), even if they have +speed natures.

I used Rock Polish Taunt Gliscor and Deoxys-S is low in Offense, even when Mixed, to me.

My only real observation so far: SD yache-chomp is not nearly as good with Latios and Latias around.
Lati@s make it worse. Scizor cannot deal with Dual Screen Latios so you have to use Tyranitar (aswell as a Skymin check). And then Garchomp "You have a 80% max chance of doing something, and you have to have a STAB Dragon Pulse/Outrage, still be faster or use a 269SpA Ice move not counting Yache!".

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
My first impression: Fire Punch Deoxys e is having a field day with cocky Scizors looking for a free Pursuit / U Turn. Also 3HKOs Metagross so it cant switch in too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)