np: UU Suspect Test Round 1 - Sunny Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess my obsession with sand is still active, but its really fun to play right now. Rhyperior takes hits like a champ as does regirock, and cradily is, well, cradily. In metagames with offensive behemoths I've found sand to always do the trick. Thread will be up probably tomorrow.

Weee all the good Steels are clumped in OU, while the leftover Dragons still get to reign supreme in UU. Fun times.

Five dragons + Dugtrio/Magneton team, anyone? The only real Steels that can take Outrages and Draco Meteors that aren't completely useless are Registeel, Cobalion, Aggron and Excavalier, who are all handily beaten by other moves anyway. Bisharp is a bit on the frail side.

So basically, Kyurem + Flygon + Kingdra + Altaria + Eviolite Shelgon + Duggy gogogo!
Let's not forget Empoleon and Magneton.

Ferroseed can take a hit, but it has that problem of not being able to do much back. I guess it can paralyze, so the Dragon can be finished off by anything else...

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I'll make sure to have everybody in this thread complaining about the good stall pokemon that are ravaging UU, not the weather abusing ones ;)

I'll make sure to have everybody in this thread complaining about the good stall pokemon that are ravaging OU, not the weather abusing ones ;)
Funny,

I know I don't speak for the community, but here is what I am seeing right now as potential problems.

Vicini:

Speaks for himself, but this guy is a beast. With sun playing a slightly larger role in this format, Vicini gets even more nuts, as outside from Flashfire Arcanine and Houndoom, and slowbro, not much can really take a V-create in the sun. This guy has no buisness being in UU.

Chansey:
With a large amount of the better fighting pokemon (Infernape, Conkledurr, Machamp, ect) chilling it up in ou, chansey does not have much that can hurt it. I am currently running one myself, and this thing is really sick. It walls a good portion of the metagame, and with the lack of steels around, can toxic stall anything not poison type itself. This might be the lack of expirence, but if it does stay around, expect this to be the swampert/ferrathorn of UU.

Kyurem:
This guy it on the same power level as the Lati twins and other OU dragons, and slipped here mainly because he was outclassed, but I feel he is too strong for UU,with the same Draco meteor sweeping powers that Latias had, even though latios did the job better. Again, time will tell.

These are the three biggest threats that I have noticed in a good portion of my battles today. I think out of the 20UU battles I have had, only two people didn't run 1 of these (and there were some who had 2, and 1 guy ran all 3). Whether or not they belong here is another story, but I see the BL list starting here.

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Give it another month and Victini should be gone. V-create will have then been around for a full month.

Weee all the good Steels are clumped in OU, while the leftover Dragons still get to reign supreme in UU. Fun times.

Five dragons + Dugtrio/Magneton team, anyone? The only real Steels that can take Outrages and Draco Meteors that aren't completely useless are Registeel, Cobalion, Aggron and Excavalier, who are all handily beaten by other moves anyway. Bisharp is a bit on the frail side.

So basically, Kyurem + Flygon + Kingdra + Altaria + Eviolite Shelgon + Duggy gogogo!
you seem to be forgetting about empoleon. it's a phazing steel (the only one in uu?), which is pretty fucking valuable atm. it does get kinda fucked over by flygon and duggy though...

Is it to late to put a gumshoe whoop here? Meh.

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooop, 5th gen UU!

Anyways, I've been playing off and on throughout the day an' night... It's been fairly enjoyable so far, though Kyruem and Victini are really annoying <_< I kinda wouldn't mind if these two got a quick ban, though anything else would probably be pushing it... There's actually another thing that I saw that I didn't like being in UU, but I can't remember what it was...

Solar Power Charizard is retardedly powerful in UU.
Sawsbuck is annoyingly powerful as well.
I have been using these mons and have been winning consistently by mindlessly pummeling my opposition with Fire-type moves.

Quickban for Vulpix please.

I am surprised to find that stall works well even in such a broken tier, what with sun teams with Victini running around practically everywhere, and Blizzspam with Kyurem.

Stuff like Azelf and Weavile are as broken as hell, too. One thing is for sure, UU is pretty much fun to play!

I am surprised to find that stall works well even in such a broken tier, what with sun teams with Victini running around practically everywhere, and Blizzspam with Kyurem.

Stuff like Azelf and Weavile are as broken as hell, too. One thing is for sure, UU is pretty much fun to play!
Weavile is no where near broken, however Nplot Azelf is broken as hell. Its like a worse Nplot Thundurus in UU.

Weavile is no where near broken, however Nplot Azelf is broken as hell. Its like a worse Nplot Thundurus in UU.
Heh, wouldn't know, but isn't nplot azelf walled to hell by chansey? And any prankster user could stop it as well (although conttonee has to be wary of flamethrower).

I personally like scarfed tricker, just to screw with chansey as that thing is pissing me off. Almost makes me want to run knock off (which is a fine move, but would need to switch a poke in my party, since none of my current users are good knock offers)

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Heh, wouldn't know, but isn't nplot azelf walled to hell by chansey? And any prankster user could stop it as well (although conttonee has to be wary of flamethrower).
Psyshock, bro. Azelf gets to have fun Taunting Chansey as well.

Anyway, I've only had two matches, and I have to say that UU is hella fun right now. A broken metagame = fun one!

Psyshock, bro. Azelf gets to have fun Taunting Chansey as well.

Anyway, I've only had two matches, and I have to say that UU is hella fun right now. A broken metagame = fun one!
What exactly is your definition of broken? This meta is one of the most varied I've seen in quite a while. I know that will change when things get kicked back out, but almost every team has been running something different.

I am sure there are more threats than my original 3 biggest threats to the metagame, but we will see.

Just askin', but which server are you guys grabbing your results from? Sorry if it sounds noob, but I usually play on the official PO server, not Smogon University, so I just want to know if I need to swap servers.

Just askin', but which server are you guys grabbing your results from? Sorry if it sounds noob, but I usually play on the official PO server, not Smogon University, so I just want to know if I need to swap servers.
All of this is taking place on Smogon University.

yond

mitt game strong
is a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
No Pokemon needs to have a perfect counter, or even a check to all of its sets, in order to not be broken. Therefore, the fact that Kyurem has neither of the two is completely irrelevant.

Yes, Kyurem is powerful. But being broken is an entirely different matter.
If a pokemon has zero checks or counters to a set, then it IS broken.

So based off the calculations provided Kyruem is broken. The fact that you are arguing a 680 BST pokemon in UU isn't broken is somewhat lolworthy.

kyurem is base 660 not 680

and i have to agree it mostly got into UU because other dragon's have better stab coverage/defensive typing (ice just sucks period) and is slower than all key OU dragons bar dragonite who generally isn't staying in on it aways.

i doubt this guy will stay UU.

Posting to say that Slowbro and Deo-D are absolute bitches to bring down, with the emphasis on Deo-D, since you can rarely Taunt or Toxic it before it Taunts you. The most common set I saw was Taunt / Recover / Spikes / Night Shade (or SR or Toxic). If your team lacks Heracross (or a Magic Bounce Pokemon I guess), then well, have fun playing with full hazards on your side.

Anyway, UU has been pretty fun so far, but I'm sure it'll change once people figure out the most powerful strategies. Oh well, back to laddering.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deo-D is a beast, but not unmanageable. I find that carrying a taunter is invaluable in this UU metagame, with stall being such a viable option.

Kyurem is ridiculously good.

And on the note of a quickban - absolutely not. We all saw what happened in gen 4 UU - almost everything that we thought was going to be broken was not.

Deo-D is a beast, but not unmanageable. I find that carrying a taunter is invaluable in this UU metagame, with stall being such a viable option.

Kyurem is ridiculously good.

And on the note of a quickban - absolutely not. We all saw what happened in gen 4 UU - almost everything that we thought was going to be broken was not.
Remember Rampardos and his frightening 158 base Attack and Rock Polish? Didn't get him off the ground after all.

Posting to say Weavile is absolutely broken. It outruns the whole metagame, can grab a Swords Dance easily and once it's got that boost it OHKOs everything in sight. Ban please.

also, Zapdos is incredible.

Weavile has some pretty decent checks. Arcanine, Escavalier, Hitmontop and Suicune all do fairly well. It's also weak to Stealth Rock while being vulnerable to Spikes and Toxic Spikes as well. I wouldn't go as far to say it grabs a Swords Dance 'easily' since it does find trouble setting up against offensive teams after all. Weavile is definitely a good mon but I don't think it's by any means broken.

How does weaville garb a swords dance 'easily'. It gets OHKO'd by pretty much any offensive mon and badly damaged by a long list of defensive mons. It's wrecked by priority (even sucker punch) and not strong enough to OHKO andthing defensive that isn't weak to its STABs. I'll be honest it seems good, but nowhere near broken. Especially with choice scarf existing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)