Nyasu's Recent Arts WOOOO!

I'm starting another art thread, yay! It will mostly contain sprites! I've got other stuff too, though.

~ Devamps

My latest obsession! They're tons of fun!

I do plan on making a stat screen for Reshi, just haven't gotten a chance to yet since he's brand new. :3

I AM CRAZY FOR MAKING THIS ONE AND I AM NOT DOING IT AGAIN. MAN, was this hard. And I was committed to total accuracy, so it took forever to get everything just right. By the way, those stats are completely legit. The regular Lucario has flawless IVs and Shiny has 15/15/10/10/10/10. Both have Pokérus, so I figured that having maxed Stat Exp. at Level 50 was plausible.

~ Pixel WIPs

I have way too many works in progress! I start them, and then I get stuck, and then I stop working on them *headdesk*

This one is soooooo old. I really need to get around to finishing it--I stopped because I was revamping my shading style because someone commented that my old style had been done to death and I should try something new. So I started using this more interesting high-contrast style instead. I just...got stuck.

This one has been through some roadblocks. The file got corrupted while I was working on it, so I took a screencap of my progress. But when a program stops responding in Windows 7, everything sort of fades to white, so it took me a while to restore it. I also really don't know if I want to continue with the textured look or not.

My current project. Which means I probably will actually finish it. The one on the right is from 3 years ago. I was appalled by its stiff, lifeless pose and boring shading, and had to redo it.

~ Other Arts

http://clawednyasu.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/pokemonposter.png
Poster that I made to advertise my school's Pokemon Tournament! It was a lot of fun, and we had a pretty good turnout. It lasted until 1am! o.O I managed to win, though. :3

(Let's all pretend the art is, in fact, depicting an epic battle, and that Charizard is not about to be raped by Stone Edge.)

http://cap.smogon.com/web/art/gallery/past/cap10/06-clawednyasu-cap103color.jpg
My design for CAP10. It was my first time designing something for CAP, and I was rather fond of it. :3

http://chibi-pika.deviantart.com/art/Charizard-Skeleton-v2-206578216
Charizard skeleton, yaaaaaaay.

http://chibi-pika.deviantart.com/art/Ecruteak-City-3D-Model-161404241
Did I ever post this before? I don't think so. 3D model of Ecruteak City!

~Nyasu

You do a fantastic job with sprites, and your other art is super good too! I love Mewtwo's first pose, I'd like to see it when it's finished ^^ luvdisc for you :3

Luvdisc Get! Your art is wonderful! The devamps are especially good, and look absolutely believable and fantastic! If only there was a Lilligant there...:P This is great!

Well this is a bit ridiculous. I start a new art thread and then I immediately let it die. Bah, that's what I get for letting myself get bogged down with too many things.

I'm not really sure why, but I randomly decided to redo my 1st Gen Palkia sprite. The old one wasn't a bad sprite, but the pose was still, the head and neck looked weird, and it was too straight-on. This image shows the improvement a bit better, and also shows my work progression on it.

And then I made a 2nd Gen Riolu. :3 I'm getting better at GSC style.

And then wtf is this.

A W.I.P OF A W.I.P. That is just too ridiculous for words. I already have a massive pile of works in progress, and then I feel the need to add another to the list?

The sprite on the right is from 3 years ago, when Skymin had just been revealed, and everyone and their mom was making sprites of it. I got kinda bored of it and let it rot unfinished in my sprites folder. Then the other day I was looking at it and highly disappointed in the lifeless pose (it looks more like it's floating vaguely in that position rather than actually springing into action) and underwhelming shading, so I had to make a new one.

As you can see, it's very near completion, except I cannot for the life of me figure out how to shade flat things, so I'm kind of stuck on the wings. Yeah...

Unbelievable!!!!! Those are amazing devamps! How do you make them? I always wanted to make one but I don't know how. Please tell me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)