Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

We go 8-2 in our last 10 to make it to number 1 in the majors but the damn Reds have to win 10 in a row so that they can be tied with us. Lame.

If you look at the team stats of the two teams they're so close in things like Runs, ERA, Opp. AVG, WHIP and all that shit.

We go 8-2 in our last 10 to make it to number 1 in the majors but the damn Reds have to win 10 in a row so that they can be tied with us. Lame.

If you look at the team stats of the two teams they're so close in things like Runs, ERA, Opp. AVG, WHIP and all that shit.
haha, as a Reds fan it's the exact opposite for me. We go on a 10-game winning streak but the damn Nationals have to have an 8-2 stretch.

The teams are indeed very similar. I think the fact that the Nationals have a much better rotation might give them an edge in a playoff series, but we'll have to see.

You guys won't have Strasburg in the playoffs though cause your team's management is full of morons, so I'm less concerned now ;)

If I get a number one seed for the playoffs, I'm going to do everything I can to capitalize. I'm not just gonna say, "Well, we can make it here again next year. No problem!" That's a silly mindset to have.

lol who would take him? We'd probably end up paying his salary anyway (Red Sox always end up paying players they trade) and get shitty players in return. Also, Beckett is always better in odd numbered years - I'd rather we wait this season out and keep him for his last year of the contract, next year. The other option is to get garbage players this year and then pay him $10 mil to beat us next year.

Rangers, Braves, Dodgers are all rumored to be in on Beckett JimBob. He is still a very dominant pitcher and is a staff ace. Like Kevin Youkilis, he just needs some pressure off of him and he can go back to being the sub 3.00 ERA guy he was in the firsh half of last year. Teams would love to have him, even more so as a 2 or 3 guy.

Edit- Carl Crawford is at least returnning to superstar form. We are going to try and make a run for this...

Lots of interesting trades going on.

The Reds got Jonathan Broxton, which is odd. Instead of helping their weaknesses, the Reds instead helped their biggest strength by making their bullpen even more epic.

Maybe they can make him the closer and stick Chapman in the starting rotation!

Okay, so the red sox traded Posednik and Albers and got Craig Breslow from the D-Backs. That sits pretty well with me, Posednik was just another outfielder for us, we have plenty more. Albers was good, he had a low ERA but always lets inherited runners score, and Bobby V never seemed to notice this for some reason - kept putting him in games to try to get us out of the jam, and all the runners would score, but Albers's ERA would still get lower -_-

Breslow has a pretty good looking stat line, does anyone know anything about him? I don't really keep up with the NL very well.

Breslow is a nice piece, but not really an upgrade over Albers. Not a fan of this trade at all. Could have done better and a like-for-like move is not what this club needed.

I'm also not a fan of the Lars Anderson trade. I LOVE knuckleballers. I really do. It's the best pitch in baseball. And I even have seen Wright myself when I went to an Aeros game last month. He has a nice, dancing knuckleball. Will have his time in the MLB this year in September to see what he's made of. But for Anderson, I think we could have done better than what we got. We almost swung a MLB 3-4 starter last year for him, and picking up a project isn't what I had in mind for moving him. He's still just 24...

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We trade Josh Beckett and I'm done for the season. Don't care who we get. I'm done.

This is on record.
Sorry to say this and I don't mean to offend, but this right here is the typical Red Sox front-runner response. Sorry to say, but I'd prefer that people with your attitude hop off and never come back. We're the Red Sox, not the Yankees. Fans like you are whats ruining this teams immage in baseball.

You leave and give up. Us real fans will be here when you change your mind and start praising the people you now mock.

You gave up solely because they were losing. No other reason. I would have given up because they would trade away our Ace, the stopper, and the heart of our rotation because of media/fan pressure. Complete difference.

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I didn't give up, I said that their attitude sucked which made it almost impossible to root for them. I still haven't given up hope, any team can win that wild card and a lot of this team is getting healthy at the right time

And Josh Beckett hasn't been the Sox' ace for at least 4 seasons

You're right Jrrrrrrr.

Last year's rotation low 2.89 ERA and 1.026 WHIP, rotation high in innings pitched and 3.37 K/BB rate, and second in rotation to Lester in only K/9 and wins made Beckett a complet and utter fuck up of a pitcher. Expecially on top of an All Star appearence and finishing 9th in Cy Young Award voting. No sir, Beckett has not been our ace for a long long time. You sure got me good. Thank god for people like you.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Dempster for two minor prospects - now that's what I'm talking about JD. Good solid trade for a MORP with veteran smarts having a career year. Now let's stop fucking losing to the Angels kthnx.

Oh and let's stop getting injured, Feliz needs TJ surgery :(

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
You're right Jrrrrrrr.

Last year's rotation low 2.89 ERA and 1.026 WHIP, rotation high in innings pitched and 3.37 K/BB rate, and second in rotation to Lester in only K/9 and wins made Beckett a complet and utter fuck up of a pitcher. Expecially on top of an All Star appearence and finishing 9th in Cy Young Award voting. No sir, Beckett has not been our ace for a long long time. You sure got me good. Thank god for people like you.
You realize that the second best pitcher is not the ace, right?

But anyways, this is a stupid argument. Let's go Sox

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
BALK. Jesus umpire, did you want to call the most blatant balk ever in a tight ballgame? Fuck off.

Edit: The Hamilton double was karma.

Whoo! Some clutch hitting by the Nats.

Also, couldn't the Mets have traded Jose Reyes to the AL? Fuck that guy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)