Official MLB 2012 Season Thread

So it's his fault that he has a bloated, overpaid contract? No one is objectively bitching about his contract, they're bitching about his poor performance. All that I'm saying is that there's plenty of blame to go around and the fact that he gets all of it is pretty stupid imo. Sorry if my logic is pissing you off
His contract contributes to the hate obviously and the fact that you don't see that is hilarious. Since people hate him (significantly more than people hate Cano and Granderson), they're going to jump on him when he performs poorly, and he is performing as bad as someone can perform right now. Sorry if my logic makes too much sense for you.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
His contract contributes to the hate obviously and the fact that you don't see that is hilarious. Since people hate him (significantly more than people hate Cano and Granderson), they're going to jump on him when he performs poorly, and he is performing as bad as someone can perform right now. Sorry if my logic makes too much sense for you.
I almost forgot who I was dealing with, and that your opinion is right all the time. So my response to your statements:

I almost forgot who I was dealing with, and that your opinion is right all the time. So my response to your statements:
Oh, I'm sorry that you're a Yankees fan that thinks every player on your team is a saint sent down to earth from God and any criticism about any of your players is just someone being a moron. I forgot.

Sorry :(

biggie

champ
Oh, I'm sorry that you're a Yankees fan that thinks every player on your team is a saint sent down to earth from God and any criticism about any of your players is just someone being a moron. I forgot.

Sorry :(
Lol did you even read my post? I'm saying that the blame needs to be spread around to the other people. Not that no one can criticize them. If you spent half as much time actually reading posts as you did trying to be a confrontational douchebag, you'd probably have some more insightful stuff to say.

Furthermore, this coming from a guy who refused to accept the criticisms lobbied against Frazier earlier in the thread in his ROTY case is just funny.

Lol did you even read my post? I'm saying that the blame needs to be spread around to the other people. Not that no one can criticize them. If you spent half as much time actually reading posts as you did trying to be a confrontational douchebag, you'd probably have some more insightful stuff to say.

Furthermore, this coming from a guy who refused to accept the criticisms lobbied against Frazier earlier in the thread in his ROTY case is just funny.
There were no criticisms against Frazier lol that argument was all about Frazier vs. Miley and there were people supporting Miley because he's just had a slightly better season. Were you even a part of that? Clearly not because you have no idea how it went down

biggie

champ
There were no criticisms against Frazier lol that argument was all about Frazier vs. Miley and there were people supporting Miley because he's just had a slightly better season. Were you even a part of that? Clearly not because you have no idea how it went down
GJ ignoring the bulk of my response and just focusing on that part. I did not participate in the debate, but I did see the back and forth regarding it. I'm done talking about this. You can have your response, but it's pointless to continue arguing about nothing.

In any event, I'm rather excited to get 4 playoff games again today. Even though it was handled stupidly, I think this dual wild card system might be paying dividends already. Nothing more exciting than playoff baseball to me.

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I bash A-Rod because the expectations are high and he fails to produce. He was hurt for part of the year, but he did have a mediocre year. Keep in mind that of A-Rods 11 outs in the postseason, 7 are Ks, which is an absurd amount. Cano may be struggling in the playoffs, but that is only three games, and he was on a torrid pace coming in. He was their best hitter all year as well. Granderson is proving himself to be an Adam Dunn type, and those tend to go on hot/cold stretches. If he has a big homer, people will tend to excuse the low average, at least somewhat.

As an O's fan, I'm more afraid of game 5 than tonight's game. We have Saunders on the mound, who has been hot lately, and I'm finding that the Yankees tend to be a bit worse against lefties (Ichiro, Cano, Swisher, and Granderson [as well as Ibanez and Chavez off the bench] all do better vs righties IIRC). Game 5, the Yankees get to throw CC out there and some of our bullpen arms (Johnson, O'Day, Matusz) could be a little tired if they go tonight. We'll also have a righty on the mound (I'm assuming Hammel goes again, but Buck might elect to go with Tillman, as he has not announced a starter yet). I know we need to get by game 4 first, but I am worried even if we get by game 4. I think though, that what this series has shown, is how evenly matches these two teams have been, which is why my gut says the Orioles win tonight and force an all-or-nothing game 5.

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How does this entire thread ignore A's walk off win with with 3 runs in the 9th

Those motherfuckers always make it exciting

Go A's!

I can't stand that baseball let's their umpires have a culture of arrogant self-important douchebaggery. They really are trying to show their dicks by giving the Cards every call and a HUGE strike zone with both sides of the plate and then screwing over the Nats and making them pitch into a strike zone the size of a postage stamp. Stupid "new kids have to earn it. I've been in this game longer than them" bullshit.

Also, J. Zimm strikes out the side.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Good thing the Reds gave away that Game 3 because hey they had two more chances to win at home right... oh wait fuck

:evan::evan::evan::evan::evan::evan::evan:

guess I should just go back to not giving a shit about baseball, at least until Dusty Baker is done in Cincy

TAY

You and I Know
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I really want oakland to win but it's not looking too good here in the top of the seventh

but hey they pulled it out in the ninth last night so I'm sure as hell not counting them out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)