Official NBA 2010-11 Season Thread

Bad reffing aside, Durant puts up 40 and Westbrook has a horrible shooting night and puts up ~20. BAD REFFING ASIDE, it looks like the thunder will only lose by single digits.

IMO this series will be a lot closer, especially if the thunder don't give up like they haven't tonight.
okc shot more free throws than the mavs..

Bad refereeing impacted both teams absolutely equally...remember the Mavericks are the one who had a player foul out on a borderline foul, leaving Deshawn Stevenson in the game in a crucial fourth quarter stretch

After calming down about how much I love Dirk..really, Westbrook won the game for us more than Dirk! Here is hoping he continues to be abysmal all series.

can i be a mavs fan now
you were the one saying Lakers would still win down what 0-2? I am going to go ahead and forbid you from rooting for the Mavericks short of like cutting your dick off

Well, I can at least give the Mavs credit after that game... It seemed like they hit every shot they needed to stop that Thunder run at the end, and Dirk... well, he beasted.. plain and simple

Looking onward to tomorrow's game of CHI and MIA.. I say that Chicago has too good defenses to allow Miami's big 2 1/2 to run around. CHI will probably win by 7 points

Also, THunder had a weird 3-2 zonish defense early on which was effective in stopping Dallas until the shooters went wild. Thunder can't defend Dirk (Ibaka, Perkins, Sefalosha, Durant all getting quick fouls or were shot over and 24 FTs isnt good defense) Just like in the LA series, no team can contain Dirk especially with his momentum now. One more thing that kills the Thunder is Westbrook having ballhog streaks during games. Taking bad shots and not using the clock wisely. They can win but it's gonna be really hard. On a side note, Durant is so lol when he has that little backpack during post-game press conferences.

Well, I can at least give the Mavs credit after that game... It seemed like they hit every shot they needed to stop that Thunder run at the end, and Dirk... well, he beasted.. plain and simple
Give credit as opposed to the several games where our game plan beat the Lakers, whatever "luck" might have been involved in something like "Pau Gasol plays like shit"? Gee, thanks so much. It is not like Dirk Nowitzki currenly is shooting .520 / .600 / .922, which is better than any of Kobe Byrant's postseasons by far even if you want to count the defensive effort.

Give credit as opposed to the several games where our game plan beat the Lakers, whatever "luck" might have been involved in something like "Pau Gasol plays like shit"? Gee, thanks so much. It is not like Dirk Nowitzki currenly is shooting .520 / .600 / .922, which is better than any of Kobe Byrant's postseasons by far even if you want to count the defensive effort.
Like ive said, any basketball fan can tell you LA blew games 1 and 3 rather than Dallas winning it... I gave them credit for games they outplayed LA in that series, but no "game plan" called for LA twice blowing 8 pt leads late in games 1 and 3, homerism aside.. And you should also note ive never blamed Pau Gasol for why they lost, so please stop stereotyping me with other Laker fans.

And you make me laugh, everytime you mention Kobe in an argument like I brought him up... How about we look at.. Rings? Ohhh yeh lets blame Kobe always having a good supporting cast for why Golden State embarrassed you guys a few years back as an 8th seed, GG

If Dirk Nowitzki had Shaq as a partner around that time, then he would have at least three rings too. This is a better postseason than Kobe could have, he always needed a ton of help. He is not a top 10 player (neither is Dirk).

LA did not blow three straight games, and Pau Gasol is why they lost.

ACtually, it just showed that Pau is the true heart of the Lakers and not Kobe. You can see Kobe go off on scoring spurts but without Pau's inside presence the Lakers would fall easily. It might sound crazy but that's how I see it with the recent post season.

Also, I wonder if Nash stayed in Dallas, would it be a ring-worthy team if Cuban spent on that investment?

Whenever Wade and LeBron penetrated, Chicago’s big men routinely helped off Miami’s front-court players, allowing the Bulls to stay on the Heat’s three-point shooters. Miami averaged 18 3-point attempts a game in the Boston series; they had only eight on Sunday.

Miami's centers gave them the worst of both worlds -- they couldn’t control Chicago’s big men on the glass and they couldn’t make the Bulls pay for not guarding them.

Going forward, the key adjustment for Miami is at the center position. If Joel Anthony and Jamaal Magloire can’t help them defensively, then the Heat need to get some offense at that position.

Zydrunas Ilgauskas is a deadly mid-range jump shooter, and he would force Chicago’s big men to stay on him out to 20 feet, opening up driving lanes for Wade and LeBron. A healthy Udonis Haslem would be an even bigger addition, as Haslem is Miami’s only big man who can both hit an outside jumper and protect the defensive glass.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/blog/213749/The_Center_Issue#ixzz1Mie3uRk7

Personally, I'm amazed that I overlooked the center/power forward position outside of scoring.

Waiting for Barea to shine in one of these games...<3

Also, the lottery draft was soooooooooo meh!. It'll be funny if the Cavs win a Championship before LeBron does. I hope they use those 2 1st round picks wisely! and gl to them, I bet Gilbert didn't sleep last night.

1. Cleveland (from L.A. Clippers) .232
2. Minnesota .207
3. Utah (from New Jersey) .476
4. Cleveland .232
5. Toronto .268
6. Washington .280
7. Sacramento .293
8. Detroit .366
9. Charlotte .415
10. Milwaukee .427
11. Golden State .439
12. Utah .476
13. Phoenix .488
14. Houston .524

The Cavs could have the honor of being swept in the first round next year, just like they were supposed to this year! Wheeee!!!!!!

Irving + Kanter/Williams/? will really make the Cavs a decent team. Hopefully they can trade Jamison for a pick or something and hopefully Verajo/Beard Baron get/stay healthy.

BIYOMBO!!!! I'm really high on him right now.

"Durant’s 40 points on just 18 shots is pretty amazing in itself. It had been 10 years since any NBA player scored 40 points in a playoff game while taking fewer than 20 shots – then Nowitzki and Durant did it in the same game. So Durant has the second-lowest shot total by a 40-point scorer in the playoffs in the last decade, even though Nowitzki scored more points on fewer points in the same game!"

we so excited for game 2

If Dirk Nowitzki had Shaq as a partner around that time, then he would have at least three rings too. This is a better postseason than Kobe could have, he always needed a ton of help. He is not a top 10 player (neither is Dirk).

LA did not blow three straight games, and Pau Gasol is why they lost.
You reall cant read lol... Games 1 and 3, not 1 thru 3..... And no, Pau Gasol isnt why they lost, a big factor yes, but not why they lost.

And seriously, besides Shaq can you even name any other player than those 3 years they won? Its easy to say "if Dirk had Shaq thats an easy 3 rings"... No, because when Dirk had a team good enough to win 68 games he got smacked around by an 8th seed

Fisher (/duh), Horry, Grant? The Lakers #4 best player this year was better than the Mavericks #2 and we swept them. People do not remember the past; can you name the third, fourth, and fifth best players on the Spurs 1999 team? The entire point is it being Dirk alone, not who the #3-5 guys are. Basketball teams are about their top guys and what they decide to excel at and give up, so of course not a lot of people are going to matter on a team. This was an avoidant and specious reply on your part.

I can read really well, I do not know why you think me skimming your irrationality instead of analyzing it with a meticulous interest means there is something for you to insult. I am in this thread to talk about basketball, not to take a reading test (and if I were, odds are I would beat you as badly as Mavericks-Lakers Game 4).

This'll all be soo funny when the Heat somehow win a championship this year and the lakers dont make it to the conference championship somehow. (joking but I know somebody will take this serious and take the time to make a well thought out reply to it)
dammit i should've been serious -_-

Fisher (/duh), Horry, Grant? The Lakers #4 best player this year was better than the Mavericks #2 and we swept them. People do not remember the past; can you name the third, fourth, and fifth best players on the Spurs 1999 team? The entire point is it being Dirk alone, not who the #3-5 guys are. Basketball teams are about their top guys and what they decide to excel at and give up, so of course not a lot of people are going to matter on a team. This was an avoidant and specious reply on your part.

I can read really well, I do not know why you think me skimming your irrationality instead of analyzing it with a meticulous interest means there is something for you to insult. I am in this thread to talk about basketball, not to take a reading test (and if I were, odds are I would beat you as badly as Mavericks-Lakers Game 4).
If anything you just said was true, then the Heat are literally going to win the next 4-5 years easy without any problems. Besides Fisher? (3rd best option btw) Or still a role player Horry who else did they have? Rick Fox (lol), Deven George... Mark Madsen... yeh ive said enough...

And no I cant name anybody from that Spurs team... But they won once during a lock out cut season in which the Knicks made it as the 8th seed... How much stock can you really put into that season? 2/3 of LA's ships during the 3 peat literally had nobody of note other than Kobe and Shaq, a depleted Horace Grant and Robert Horry dont count

And yes, lmao you swept us this year and our #4 is better than your #2 option... But when your supposed "Star/top 2 PF in the league" averages 12 points in the series and your bench completely under preforms and you cant protect 8 pt leads in Games 1 and 3 (Not games 1 thru 3 for the uneducated folks out there), then you really dont deserve to win a game in a series which they didnt... But if the Mavs dont win this year then why does it really matter? If the Mavs dont end with a ring then their season was no better than the Lakers' season anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)