Finals Official Smogon Tournament XI - Finals [Won by WhiteQueen]

Status
Not open for further replies.
on top of hugos overreaction calling me "retarded" or "worse than reese wood" every time i bring up my accusations
ok that's just crossing the line mr. hugo, you can't just call someone "worse than reese wood", you are just being rude

about the facebook fuss: if you care so much about people looking up on facebook to know who you are, exposing any info about facebook is not the smartest of ideas, it's just logical for someone...interested in your history to look for you where he could, and facebook is easily accessible for all of us

about the cteam stuff: may i suggest to "git gud" instead of complaining 95% of the time about the matchup

the weird part is that it wasn't even the people who lost to go through all of this to find the infos we have today

with all that said, go WhiteQueen!

best girl
best wife
best player

Right, I'm not sure what I personally believe, I like both Bloo and Hugo but there's undoubtably alot of thing that just don't add up here so I don't think having this suspicion should really cause an outlash. Here's the things I noticed.

UltiMario - Used a team identical to a wolfpack team from, starting this Bloo/Hugo Consripacy.

CrashinBoomBang - Likely used squads created by hugo and was demolished by matchup that arguabley only inside knowledge would know about.

Bluwing - This is where things get interesting, bluwing admitted having bloo test his teams and this log was found: http://puu.sh/h4ao8/2634bc19a1.txt Madara = Bloo and seemingly style got another perfect matchup while discussing in game plays with Bloo and then being predicted turn for turn.

BKC - Again same situation as CBB.

Radianthero156 - Interesting the mega Ampharos matchup here was incredible and almost a total counter-team. Also with radiant being a Wolfpack member, it's likely he tested teams with Hugo/Bloo and maybe even discussed in-game plans.

Blunder - Right, before this game I thought style was just good at getting matchup but here things got really fishy. Style has a Mega Aerodactyl specifically Ev'd to outspeed a scarf bisharp, has fire fang and also specifically EVd to tank a Draco Meteor from Life Orb Latios, this alone caused big issues for Blunder. On top of that style was running a non-choiced hp elec Keldeo and blunder just happens to have a gyarados-m. Game 2, same story. Blunder uses Manaphy, Diancie, and Rush Exca. Style just happens to have a spdef Skarm for the Diancie, which it basically cannot touch, an Unaware Clefable to stop the Manaphy sweep and a Mega-Zam to trace sand rush and counter-sweep any exca sweep. Ontop of that having Dazzling Gleam as to not risk missing a focus blast on the Weavile which really threatened this team.
Like CTC said the justification for having HP Elec Keld was that BD Azu can't set up on it but the team was very weak to Talonflame and didn't seemed designed to cover a plethora of threats, rather just beat EXACTLY what Blunder had.

I think the log of Bluwing looks very suspicious here, I urge you to take a look at that before you draw conclusions. I really hope Style is legit but to all those bashing the suspicous users, you really need to consider this.

Last edited:
find it kind of silly that people are getting hated on for being a little suspicious when if this had been any other game or situation in real life, like someone showing up to an athletic event and out doing people that have been doing the sport for years, they would be drug tested without a question. Not condoning the whole privacy invasion thing, but it's kind of dumb to expect people to not be suspicious when you not only win but obliterate some of the best people in matchup after matchup, even if there was some pre game research. Just an observation, not an accusation.
Whitequeen

Last edited:
Yo,

I'm a new smogon user (been like since 6 months) and wanted to give my 2 cents about all this stuff. Hope I won't have the classic "c'mon let Style alone, pokemon community is garbage blablabla..." I think people can express their opinion if they are not being trashtalkers and harrassers.

I don't like bullying (seriously who does) but don't like the fact that someone acts as a victim when there is no solid reason to.

First of all I want to say that I have big respect for people making this far in the tournament. I personnaly participated (was my first smogon tournament ever) and had great experience of all this stuff even if lost round 1, because I learned much more about my plays, the game and team building in 3 games, than dozens and dozens of battles on ladder. You have to deal with stress, nervosity, you have to really think long term and all this stuff recquires a lot your brain. You have to deal with pressure and I'm convinced you deal with it better when you have lot and lot of experience in tournaments.

You just can't come for the first time in a tournament and deal so good with all this pressure on your shoulders, especially when you pass round 1 and begin to beat experienced players. The more people watch you, the more nervous you become and the more easy you will choke during games. Unless you like pressure and you play better under pressure. Howver it's more likely to like playing under pressure when you are used to it, no when you just are a newcomer.

The thing that "impresses" me a lot (i say impress because I'm not here to accuse anyone once again just to express myself which I fell I have the right to) is that Style user played all her games like soooo chill. I explain: the moves she made were very impressive, it's not about predicting what everyone can do, it's really about making always the best move to play in order to win. That is really impressive but maybe its just because I'm still a noob. Predicting what your opponent is gonna do is one thing, but doing every perfect possible move in order to win looking at the battle as a whole thing is on another level...

Style is approximatively as old (i mean on smogon) as me. Yet she made all the plays i wish I could make in my dreams aha. I'm not sayin its impossible and maybe in fact its just means I'm too bad ^^

However I don't think I'm too bad I think I'm regular and I think that in life, understanding things is one thing but apply them is another thing (sorry for each time using the one thing/another thing thing lol). I mean, understanding I have to always see the battle as a whole and try my best each turn to make the best play possible to win is easy and I understood that. But apply it is different and requires a lot, no... a TON of experience to sharpen skills, learn to think, learn to deal with pressure...And Style not only understood all this stuff in so little time but also applied them like she was so experienced! This is what I find suspicious impressive in the first place, not even the whole match up thing that no one can't say it's strang like the death of Kennedy...

Maybe some people will tell me "Mimolette please leave Style alone the poor girl everyone is bullying blabla" or "you're just jealous because u did not better blabla" but it would only confirm one thing for me: most users can't express themselves by using more than 3 sentences. And I'm not saying this community is garbage because if I thought it was, I would just leave because guess what: considering a community as garbage and bein part of it is considering itself as garbage, and I have a little respect for myself...

So being so poorly experienced and winning the way I explained (making the perfect play each time) against users that learned through thousand and thousand of battle to sharpen skills is at least impressive (keep in mind I'm not sayin suspicious because don't want to deal with white knights)

For the match up I won't tell a thing because everyone said why it was at the least so "strange". Props to Style for each time bringing the perfect team and hence making the perfect plays lol.

I also decided to post to say something that is so evident yet nobody truly emphasized it: if Style was not what she pretends to be, and in fact was some old user playing as an alt, it would be so heart breaking.

I mean I don't know the users Style faced, Blunder, Bluwing etc...but as a player myself and as bad I am, I feel their pain. Being fooled in general is not something we as human beings appreciate, and don't try to tell me "it's just a game" because when I see users here on Smogon being here since like years, it's not only a mere game anymore.

This competitive pokemon stuff is something that comes near to bein food for the soul. Don't go tell to people playing this game since years they don't have the right to express their feelings and that its "just a game".

This is also why i decided to post (i never post lol), I just feel I have the right to, despite some guys (big names or not I don't care and it does not mean I disrespect these bros) trying to say "stop it" when people just want to respectfully give their opinions. As for the ones who are trolls and just make fun of Style, I'm not speaking for them, since when there is no trolls on internet?

I also wanted to give credits to people who were beaten by Style because they are in a delicate situation: they certainly would like to express themselves and say how suspicious they felt the match up was, but can't, you know why? Because they have to stayl classy and cool about it, maybe fearing people would tell them they have not sportsmanship and instead of accepting their loss they accuse someone new to this community. I feel your bros pain not being able to tell what you have on your heart but I'm here to tell it in your place because I'm not known and I don't give 2 cents about what people will think about me.

As I said it's not just about a game, it's about being fooled when you dedicated so much time trying to prepare for this OST. Fooling the whole world (I'm not exagerating because this OST tournament brought players frome the whole planet), it's about lying, abusing people faith...tell me I'm too serious about all this Pokemon stuff, and the look at yourself in the mirror and remember that each when you're in your bed at night and want to sleep, you're not thinking about the girl you met, but you're thinking about what your next pokemon team will look like, what you can do to improve...see? Still consider all this pokemon stuff a mere game? Try to tell these thread users "its just a game stop being so serious" but you're at least not confusing and fooling me :pimp:

So now I'll adress myself to Style: don't have anything against you and if you really what you pretend you are, you have mad respect from me (u don't care about my respect, dont worry i know). Now, if you are not (and in fact we will never discover it...) just look at yourself: you're fooling nobody bro, nobody but you.

^^

P.S: sorry for my mystakes and my bad english.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Blunder - Right, before this game I thought style was just good at getting matchup but here things got really fishy. Style has a Mega Aerodactyl specifically Ev'd to outspeed a scarf bisharp, has fire fang and also specifically EVd to tank a Draco Meteor from Life Orb Latios, this alone caused big issues for Blunder.
I'm gonna nitpick this a bit, apologies for sort of ignoring the bigger picture.

Given her team comp from this specific match (Leftovers Tangrowth and Keldeo, three other fat mons), it's safe to assume Style wanted to go for a bulkier Mega Aerodactyl. Because of MAero's somewhat middling defenses (80/85/95), this requires a bit more investment than most people would like, but fortunately MAero is a speed freak, making that benchmark a lot easier...
Mega Aero hits 407 Speed with 136 Speed EVs and a Jolly nature, which outruns Mega Lopunny and hits a jump point (skips right from 405 to 407).
The absolute minimum investment for Mega Aerodactyl to survive a LO Latios Draco Meteor is 120 Special Defense EVs (no amount of HP investment will use fewer EVs as far as I can tell).
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 120 SpD Mega Aerodactyl: 253-300 (84 - 99.6%)

That leaves... let's see... 508 - (136 + 120) = 508 - 256 = 252. Where do you think that 252 went?
But let's go even farther. Let's say Style also wanted 44 Def EVs to take on Talonflame (a safe assumption, as specially defensive Gliscor doesn't want to switch in on that too often and neither does... anything else on the team, really). This would leave 208 EVs left for Attack.
208 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Fire Fang vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Bisharp: 188-222 (69.3 - 81.9%) - high roll
208 Atk Tough Claws Mega Aerodactyl Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 140-166 (46.5 - 55.1%) - low roll first hit, KO second hit (from 41%)

What's more, Fire Fang is actually a fairly solid choice on this team, as outside of that and Keldeo, Style has nothing that really beats Ferrothorn (Gliscor can SD against it if it's SD but Ferro can still Seed it and switch to a better check like that Gyarados) unless she's running Fire Blast Clefable. Clefable's set was unrevealed at the end of the match.

note: 0 HP / 44 Def / 120 SpD is an inefficient EV spread; 156 HP will accomplish both of those bulk benchmarks and leave 216 EVs in Attack, which can accomplish the same damage rolls seen in the match. 0/44/120 was used for demonstration purposes.

EV SPREADS WITH ARCTICBLAST
if I ever use MAero I'm totally using 156 HP / 216 Atk / 136 Spe, that sounds neat

I wasn't referring to the english, but to the fact you weren't making any sense. Furthermore, maybe you should take your own advice about school.
I believe he was simply reinforcing the point of how it's suspicious a new player can do so well against players who have been in the game for years. That suspicion is easily backed up by the continious perfect match ups, which is definitely odd. Anyway his main point was that it's odd how a player so new to the tournament scene can make such perfect plays every turn without falling under pressure, I mean look at the finalist Whitequeen's post above. This is not impossible but highly unlikely which is why he went on to state maybe he's just not as good as her in the game. If you actually read the final part of the post he was there to voice what players who lost to Stylez may think, but not say in fear of being accused of being "salty," or a bad sportsman, when such suspicions are perfectly reasonable assumptions to make. There was no need to simply state "I don't understand what 90% of the post above meant," which is funny because you seem to perfectly understand a point he made that agrees with your opinion. I don't see what was so hard to understand about that post, maybe read it next time and try not to be so unneccessarily rude.

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
I'm not going to get into the whole conspiracy about Style because I think it's pretty unnecessary at this point, but I do want to make a couple points:

1. I think beyond the scope of this tour, what Style has done in this tournament has possibly proven that Pokemon may be broken as a competitive game in the current Smogon tiering format.

Why?

In the past, team matchup has always been relatively important. It was always nice to get a good matchup, but it didn't mean you just straight won the game.
I think everyone has come to the conclusion that ORAS is easily the most matchup-dependent tier we've ever had, and all players have both won and lost games in team preview.
This is pretty frustrating since you put in effort to make a team, and you just cannot win unless your opponent chokes. Style hasn't choked.
From experience playing in lower tiers, it happens a lot less down there than in OU, simply because there are less mons at your disposal. (It can happen, see me vs SG in SPL)
Maybe it IS time to consider re-evaluating how tiering is handled, because there are simply too many threats at this point to eliminate matchup wins.

2. People spend way too much time on here.

I play more Pokemon than the average person, and probably more than I should, but ya'll have way too much time to be "figuring this stuff out"

3. The community is broken.

I remember a time when people on this website were frens just playing a children's video game competitively. It's why I decided to choose THIS game. The people, the atmosphere, the innovation. When new people came onto the scene it was welcomed as a challenge, not as a threat. The fact that people are so quick to jump on Bloo about this situation is quite appalling, since he's been a positive part of this "community" for a long time.

I can't really speak towards the "situation" with Style because I don't think there is one. However, I can speak for all of us and say it would be tremendously disappointing if there were.

Last edited:
Can i get more power so i can clean this thread? This is actually ridiculous. Yah niggas don't take into account how you are coming off to someone who just joined smogon. It's honestly laughable how stupid we as a community can be. When she wins OST and dips, yah know why. I feel bad for not only her but Bloo, a trusted member of this "community." Garbage. Straight up garbage.
I can't agree with the fact that you are calling people stupid just because they are doubting someone they don't really know (99.9% of the people in this community don't know Bloo) while there are more than enough elements to make anybody doubting here. Except if you consider the doubt as a default of the human nature, I don't really understand why are you saying this community is stupid.

Bloo

Banned deucer.
I guess I'll say something then:

It's normal for there to be doubt and suspicion among people, no blame on anyone for that. You are all probably convinced already, but I'll address the arguments directed at me and you can all take it as you will.
  • Round 1: Regarding Style using a similar "Wolfpack Team" round 1, she has used similar team structures when using Hippowdon in later games, with 2-3 changes. Everyone has their patterns in terms of teambuilding but nonetheless, I see why it arouses suspicion.
  • Round 2: Like CBB said himself he is notorious for picking his teams last minute and he admitted himself to deciding what to use right before the game and yeah, I was there in our channel when he picked his teams last minute. If I am capable of making counter teams for what he decided to use seconds before the game then props to me since I have never been known as a team builder.
  • Round 3: Yep, get why it looks suspicious. The time Bluwing was paired with Style wasn't the only time I have spoken with Bluwing about teams, however. I have discussed Pokemon/teams with him before and when I saw his message to me that he won in round 2 I told him if he wanted help I'd give it to him (I do this with ben gay a lot, for example, who always shows me teams nearly weekly; I also do it with other people like GaryTheGengar before he went crazy), although I did take some time to reply. Even after he lost to Style, I still offer him the same help with testing and discussing teams (which he have done), which he can attest to himself if he wants. The log posted happened with comments on some of my thoughts, it's not like it was asked for him to disclose every move of his so moves could be executed perfectly.
  • Round 4: Like CBB, BKC is in a channel with myself and some other players and has been for over a year. We show each other all of our teams and help each other with any tournament we enter. Since round 1, BKC has showed his teams to us in this channel and we have weighed in and given suggestions to improve his teams and I made it clear I'm always willing to discuss ORAS with him because he admits it isn't his strong point. The guy kept giving me DPP teams for tour and one of my replies to him is to ask me for ORAS teams or help if he wishes so I can reciprocate. When he was paired with Style I gave him the idea of Tyrantrum and Feraligatr because they were recently released and he liked the idea. The other teams he used were used by him in previous rounds and made by himself, which anyone can access and prepare for through replays.
  • Round 5: I actually told rh156 I would weigh in on his OST stuff starting in round 3 because he was my team member and mentioned OST in the team channel. I helped him in round 4 with his team choices based on what he wanted to bring when he was paired with Stone Cold and the same thing in round 5 when he was paired with Style. He can attest to it himself. Unless you are going to claim I planned his future pairings, it's not like I only offered the help when he got Style. I guess I have serious mental issues if I did then.
  • Round 8: I literally told blunder during the SPL season in the team channel if he wanted to ever test for OST that he could hit me up. aim also asked me to do the same thing during round 1 and I offered the same gesture to the whole team because I am their manager and one of my duties is to help my teammates. In round 6 when blunder was paired with Fruitdealer is when me/Hugo started helping him more because he really wanted to win. We helped him since then, with the exception of Hugo in round 8 because he wanted to stay neutral. Some of you have this misconception that we only took interest when he was paired with Style which isn't even true. Regarding Style's Aerodactyl, I just asked Hugo whether he knew the set and he mentioned it was Roost with Stone Edge | Fire Fang | Pursuit. Considering how Talonflame weak Style's team was, using a bulky spread with healing as some sort of evidence against me doesn't make sense.
The other argument people are using:
  • "My registry IP is from Brooklyn like Style." That's not even true, see for yourself. It's from the university everyone associates me with, compared to Style's. I hate revealing personal information, but the people who know me the most know I have lived in New York during high school and have family there that I visit. This isn't new information. None of my addresses match with Style, but using the fact that I have associations with New York as evidence doesn't even hold ground.
  • "I didn't join OST so I am behind something with Hugo." I didn't join OST for the same reason I am not joining the Smogon Classic, because I don't have interest in it and don't think I'd end up winning. I also have my USMLE coming up and that's what my primary focus in life has been for quite some time, although I still make time for Smogon Tour because that's something I care about. What motive do I have joining OST under an alternate account? To troll people for my entertainment? Everyone knows I am a trophy try hard. I would love to have that yellow trophy under Bloo's name. What do I gain from having the yellow trophy under an unknown name? Pretty much nothing whatsoever.
Those are the main things to address unless I missed anything. I know it's going to be laughed at despite anything I say, but there it is.

To TDs, I'll leave this one to you guys. If you all believe I am involved with this regardless of my claims/circumstantial evidence presented, I'll accept the decision you come to. No matter the outcome, my integrity and trust among the community has already been tainted by this affair, and if it is largely felt that I shouldn't be trusted anymore with any position of power by the community at large/other staff after this, I'll take the step down and call it a day. I am not saying that to gain pity from people, don't over-interpret my intentions and wording.

Do me a favor and don't reply to this with memes and trash talk please, I am serious with everything I have said here and would like at least some sort of restraint shown. Everything that could be said has been already, the rest is up to the appropriate parties.

gr8astard

Here comes the waterworks!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnuswon the 9th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I just want to know why Gr8astard didn't decide to mentor the dude who 6-0ed Aim with a lead slot
Because Joey used some shitpile untested team of mine and lost to a Zard-Y, well color me impressed! Besides his opponent's name was Polywrath, he's one of Joey's subscribers, and he's probably black as well. This doesn't bode well with my ego and racial preference.

Anyone who remotely knows anything about me knows that teambuilding is the aspect I enjoy most about Pokemon. The process and reward of building a good team is something unique to this game, and that's why I regretfully still stick around despite being as washed up as one can be. Now, Style used and won in OST with HP Fire Manaphy. Mega Pidgeot. Mega Ampharos. I don't think it's so hard to believe that this alone made me want to build teams with this user. So that's what happened in Round 6 and 7, we discussed about team ideas, look at opponent's teams and past trends and identify one or two weakness and build around them. You know, the kind of things that every tournament player who builds do. Fast forward to round 8, Style got matched up with Blunder. I decided to stay out of this game because while I acknowledge I want Style to win, I cannot betray Blunder, a long time friend of mine, in this manner. This is not the first time this kind of situation happened: when McM got matched up vs Masterclass in Smogon Tour, I choose to not get involved at all because avoiding bias is virtually impossible. But then the unthinkable happened. Style packed a CM HP Electric Keldeo on her BD Azumarill + Gyarados-weak team. This shocked the world and encouraged users like Papai Noel to write paragraphs upon paragraphs of proof to discredit a user who worked very hard for what she earned, and here we are.

Just throwing this out there, these friends that we've allegedly helped (CBB, BKC, and blunder) admitted that they lost to Style fair and square (matchup is part of the game and everyone strives for good matchup, just don't play if you choose to bitch so much about it). Why can't you guys who had nothing to do with it respect their stance? When she 6-0'ed her opponents, people get suspicious. Then her matchups get a lot closer and she had to display more skill to get ahead of her opponent. Yet this gives rise to even more suspicion. When she decided to reply with that "novel" you'd think that's some sort of clue of how upset she gets because you guys have been egging her on, but nah "tl;dr" "overreacting" is the response. Sounds like no matter what she does, she's in the wrong.

I can't speak for Bloo but I did not join OST because I don't enjoy playing in tournaments anymore. If Style truly was Bloo's alt and I am helping him on this, you would think that we would still join OST. Isn't it way more convenient that we, with all the resources and shady powers we have, orchestrate a gr8astard vs Style or Bloo vs Style finals and have our actual main account win OST instead of Style? But wait, this might be some advanced and unfathomable reverse psychology!

Right, I'm not sure what I personally believe, I like both Bloo and Hugo but there's undoubtably alot of thing that just don't add up here so I don't think having this suspicion should really cause an outlash. Here's the things I noticed.

UltiMario - Used a team identical to a wolfpack team from, starting this Bloo/Hugo Consripacy.

CrashinBoomBang - Likely used squads created by hugo and was demolished by matchup that arguabley only inside knowledge would know about.

Bluwing - This is where things get interesting, bluwing admitted having bloo test his teams and this log was found: http://puu.sh/h4ao8/2634bc19a1.txt Madara = Bloo and seemingly style got another perfect matchup while discussing in game plays with Bloo and then being predicted turn for turn.

BKC - Again same situation as CBB.

Radianthero156 - Interesting the mega Ampharos matchup here was incredible and almost a total counter-team. Also with radiant being a Wolfpack member, it's likely he tested teams with Hugo/Bloo and maybe even discussed in-game plans.

Blunder - Right, before this game I thought style was just good at getting matchup but here things got really fishy. Style has a Mega Aerodactyl specifically Ev'd to outspeed a scarf bisharp, has fire fang and also specifically EVd to tank a Draco Meteor from Life Orb Latios, this alone caused big issues for Blunder. On top of that style was running a non-choiced hp elec Keldeo and blunder just happens to have a gyarados-m. Game 2, same story. Blunder uses Manaphy, Diancie, and Rush Exca. Style just happens to have a spdef Skarm for the Diancie, which it basically cannot touch, an Unaware Clefable to stop the Manaphy sweep and a Mega-Zam to trace sand rush and counter-sweep any exca sweep. Ontop of that having Dazzling Gleam as to not risk missing a focus blast on the Weavile which really threatened this team.
Like CTC said the justification for having HP Elec Keld was that BD Azu can't set up on it but the team was very weak to Talonflame and didn't seemed designed to cover a plethora of threats, rather just beat EXACTLY what Blunder had.

I think the log of Bluwing looks very suspicious here, I urge you to take a look at that before you draw conclusions. I really hope Style is legit but to all those bashing the suspicous users, you really need to consider this.
vs UltiMario - She could have made it herself, she could have seen SPL replays and made her version of it, or Bloo could be dumb enough to use Adam's team so the evidence will ultimately stack against him. I'll let CTC or Papai Noel calculate the probability of these options.

vs CBB & BKC - Why do they have to be created by me? I know when my name get brought up her success will be discredited because it has been the specialty of you smogonites. If I was CTC I'd be over the moon right now haha.

vs RH156 & Bluwing - I hate to admit it but I didn't know Bloo helped these two guys prepare for their games, and this actually distraught me yesterday. However, from what I gather Bloo has already been helping them in previous rounds, not just this one specifically. Not going to comment any further because like I said I don't know the details.

vs Blunder - Now this I can reply to with more detail because you're parroting some technical bullshit that CTC is spouting, just like Smogon's general tournament crowd.

• Mega Aerodactyl specifically EV'd to outspeed scarf Bisharp: even Adamant Mega Aero outspeeds scarf Bisharp, and having enough speed to outpace things before Mega and mons like Manectric / Scarf Heatran / Lopunny is pretty damn important that I'd bet it was jolly but hey you wouldn't know. Jolly Max Aero (and TIMID ALAKAZAM if you can't make the connection) are also pretty cool because they outspeed +1 max speed Gyarados and neutral speed scarfed Kyurem-B!
  • Has Fire Fang: This one is unheard of. What the fuck does Fire Fang even hit in this metagame rofl suspicious as hell
  • Specifically EVd to tank a Draco Meteor from Life Orb Latios: Specifically? From talking to Style after, Mega Aero is the team's Talonflame answer, I think bulk on it is not all that surprising considering you don't really gain OHKOs or specific 2HKOs from pumping everything to attack. FWIW Style said there is a different version with ScarfTar + Mega Gardevoir, but my guess would be that Blunder's Natural Gift Talonflame from last round scared the crap out of her.
  • Non-choiced hp elec Keldeo: Yes, and to add to that, an ebelt Keldeo would look much less suspicious. I am sure Style needed Calm Mind though to fully counterteam the masterpiece that is CTC's team. I would also think that Style would have CM'ed in the face of a choice locked Bisharp (which she should have known because Style is Bloo) and win right there without ever needing to switch out but hey that would make it more suspicious than a creative set named CM HP Electric Keldeo, a next-level innovation shit unheard of to the tournament community who had to be spoonfed in Pokemon for lack of creativity.
  • Game 2: Spdef Skarm for the Diancie: something she has used numerous times, if it was Bloo counterteaming how hard is it to use Toxic and Iron Head to actually be able to hit/stall out Latios and Diancie instead of predicting and making risky plays vs HP Fire Latios which with either high roll or right prediction can get a kill everytime it comes in?
  • Unaware Clefable to stop the Manaphy sweep: Again this kind of malicious strategy is unheard of, how dare she think of countermeasures to weaknesses on her team while not being able to cover everything in ORAS?
  • Mega-Zam to trace sand rush and counter-sweep any exca sweep: I don't think CTC mentioned this on his suspicion and considering how good mega zam actually is you should probably just stick to parroting.
  • Like CTC said the justification for having HP Elec Keld was that BD Azu can't set up on it but the team was very weak to Talonflame: You're mixing game 1 and 2 up, at least parrot correctly you useless bird (haha falcons reference).
  • Dazzling Gleam Alakazam: Yes it is indeed for Weavile and Sableye which Blunder spammed. She prepared for this game. Seems like a fair tradeoff considering Shadow Ball would mainly be used for Slowbro/Starmie.
  • Bloo noting HP Electric Keldeo's usefulness and justifying it midgame when Style later confirmed this = more suspiction: So being one of if not the best active player on the site does not entail being observant and open-minded now?
Style could lie about everything and it's actually Bloo literally mindfucking me to go and comment on her profile and subsequently be inclined to help her (not that he would need any considering the ease in which he dismantled BKC and CBB). In this case boy have I been honeydicked so hard. Also gets me wondering why Bloo had to try for like 8 seasons and have yet to win the Smogon Tour when he can orchestrate this whole thing and get to the final of OST with incredible ease, but hey I am but a mere tool in the grand scheme of things. Hint it may look easy but nobody actually knows how much work she put into this both in preparation and playing.

Thankfully BKC, CBB and Blunder trust me enough to not sling accusations, which I appreciate a whole lot given how fickle internet friendship is. Even CTC who is one of the guys I've known the longest through Pokemon suspected me of actually snaking Blunder out when over the years I would have plenty of opportunities to snake him or Blunder yet I never did. I am fortunate enough to not give a crap about the opinion of people I don't care for on Smogon since my first involvement in this community, but holy hell I can't even pretend having people I consider my friends treat this whole situation in this manner don't get to me.

I call people retarded all the time, I don't know what you guys are trying to say insinuating that I get "defensive". I legitimately think that is the case when all my interactions with Style have proven otherwise and she did absolutely nothing wrong throughout OST. Didn't gloat like other new users, had good understanding of the metagame, didn't hax anyone, didn't ask for replay after getting haxed by a subpar player, displayed solid play to clinch games. She got advantageous matchups which every serious tournament player strive for and is antagonized as a result. Also how did she sound like both Bloo and/or I (which one D:)? Or perhaps you’re implying that we divvy up the responsibility of replying to people, hoping that Papai Noel didn’t lay his gaze on our jointly concocted alt’s inconsistent speech pattern and unravel everything. On a side note, how her speech reminds you of me, I will never know seeing as I don’t have to endure the displeasure of talking to you often if at all, nor do I post serious stuff on the forums enough for you to draw this conclusion.

I commend Papai Noel who made that puush and spread it around like its his masterpiece even if you didn't post it, and the guys who follow suit. How very nice of you to explain your thought process without any sort of malice and base everything on the very logical element of probability instead of solid proof. If there is indeed any sort of shady stuff going on related to Style, you would be in the forefront of people who see right through the evil that is Bloo. And if not? Well tough shit for Style (a real person), I suppose it's her fault that she had been getting good matchups via proper preparation and metagame knowledge as well as not choking away a lead that often plague even Smogon's finest. You guys who just bandwagon on the hate may think it's a joke, or at least you can brush it off as a joke later, but that's not what it feels for a new user. Of course I wouldn't give a shit about any new user on Smogon either, I'm defending this user because I got to know her.

Also to Papai Noel, you are Sogeking's puppet. Sogeking went around 24/7 bragging about his successful ghosting of you. You were also ghosted in SPL and Classiest members admitted this (remember when Sogeking told you to HP Ghost the Skarmory? haha). Sogeking also pm’ed me multiple times both on Skype and on irc to brag about this fact. How can you even play the victim and remotely compare your situation to Style's? (wait ctc used the phrase play the victim, i guess i am ctc)

Finally let's consider possible motives. What does Bloo gain from winning OST as an alt? Some of you actually came to me and talked about how Bloo is a tryhard and he is the one person capable of doing all of this. Unbelievable. What does he gain from this? The way I see it people like Bloo and McMeghan are striving to leave a legacy as the greatest Pokemon players ever ((BAN ME PLEASE) bro). What would Bloo gain from having Style win OST instead of Bloo? You guys keep talking about probability but I hate to break it to you, motive is pretty damn important considering how much effort is being put into this conspiracy. I talk to Bloo a lot over the past year yet this nig is so private I know as much about him as the rest of you (almost nothing except his first name is Jose). But one thing I know 100% is how smart and meticulous this guy is. Leaving this much "solid evidence" that even papai noel and leftiez start calling you out is pretty out of character if you ask me. Also no offense to Blunder but knowing Bloo's ego I think he'd be confident enough on his own ability to stay out of Blunder's series vs Style, instead of using CM HP Electric Keldeo fully knowing how the children in this pooridge of a community would react.

I acknowledge the unavoidable bias that came with my opinion btw (believe me i tried) and there is definitely a probability that i am wrong but at least I didn't just parrot users argument to gain recognition on a pokemon site. If I am wrong then I'd be too embarrassed to ever show up on this site again, and if i am right then seriously fuck you guys. And holy shit i wrote a fucking novel guess this proves that gr8astard = bloo = style

ps. i also love bro fist and joey, they are part of the reasons i dont go all garythegengar in dis bitch http://puu.sh/h4S6i/92763687ab.png

http://puu.sh/h4TE1/b6b429e160.png

Last edited:
1. I think beyond the scope of this tour, what Style has done in this tournament has possibly proven that Pokemon may be broken as a competitive game in the current Smogon tiering format.
If only there was a tiering method that focused on balancing teams as a whole instead of just looking at whether individual Pokemon were broken or not...

Ok Blue Kirby that will be $5.

Also, if Bloo were willing to cheat, you'd think he would just win the Tour already and be done with this game.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Lol do you really think that Bloo would risk his reputation on Smogon for something so trivial? Yeah, chances are this style person is an alt of someone (in fact he shares several ip addresses with other users - though I'm not going to reveal who), but you can stay assured that that someone is not Bloo. He'd never fuck up so badly, after he's worked literally for years to build up his persona on Smogon.

I rarely check this forum but everytime I do I realize that we should be more liberal with permanently banning people from here. Stop being such pussies, please.

So you're a sick psycopath for being the mastermind behind this crime.

But you're not a weird psychopath for creating your little "investigation channel". attemtping to look up a girl/user facebook page, university, ip, university groups and later contacting university members. + rumour has it theres a search party physically searching for "style" at her university.

While I think this is bullshit. i dont see the motive/gain bloo or hugo(lol nicest and most trustworthy guy i know) to do this. Even IF they did it still wouldnt be half as psycopathic as these niggas on this witchunt.

I know those 2 for a long ass time and while some things personally led me to doubt bloo i still dont think hed ever do something like this because theres no gain.

Cant believe this is my return post but gotta show my boys some love.

My post was a previous iteration of others post + highlighting some suspicious stuff going on and was included because people seem to think nobody has a right to be suspicious, you're taking this far too personally, like I said I hope it isn't true.

The log looks shady and that was the main purpose of the post.

Didn't bring up Facebook and IP points because I think it is too personal and irrelevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)