Official TPCI Pokemon Tournament 2009 | Congrats to all who participated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, i was not around for the Smogon pic's, but i got to play around with some cool stuff while i was there.

I got to meet a lot of you guys from smogon and it was awesome being able to chat it up with some of you. i will be posting the 300+ pictures i took over the course of the weekend, when i get home later today. Another 14 hour drive.

See you all around next year!

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So for those who know what I'm talking about, what do you think of the life orb glitch that happened in the Juniors finals? Kind of emberassing for TPCi I guess that at the world championship, some pokemon dies from LO damage, then mysteriously uses surf. XD

So for those who know what I'm talking about, what do you think of the life orb glitch that happened in the Juniors finals? Kind of emberassing for TPCi I guess that at the world championship, some pokemon dies from LO damage, then mysteriously uses surf. XD

haha that was fun..maybe it was ludicolos ghost.. .__.

anyway iam home..and miss you all guys =( (and San Diego of course!!) It was really an awesome trip.

Photos and some impressions will come later..just need a coffee to calm down i feel the jetlag.

Yeah, that was pretty funny, I didn't expect it to actually happen during the competition. x) Maybe the video of the glitch will persuade the makers of PBR to come out with a second version that had been updated with better objectives and more arenas, etc. Hopefully also supporting Shaymin-S and Giratina-O, since I don't think it does.

Maybe somebody that knows Japanese can go to http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunday/ and see if they have any Worlds videos up? I know that myself and Duy got into a lot of shots on the show.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I'm going to begin compiling all the data, pictures, and stories people have written during the course of this year's VGC (and last year's), have player profiles and stats. So if you have any links to online newspaper articles, scans of newspapers, any pictures you have, really anything related to this year's or last year's video game tournaments. PM me with anything you have, that would be great, thank you. Hopefully in a few weeks time I will have a website up and running for everyone to view.

Additionally I will be locking this thread soon as it has become quite large and a new thread will be posted for discussing next year's VGC and any comments people have had about this years, reflections and all that.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I merged the "World Championships Discussion" thread with this one so the last few pages might seem a little out of sync.

Hey, I'm pretty sure Mano broke the rules and used more than 6 pokémon.

He fought Shoe using Hippowdon, Zapdos, Rhyperior and Metagross (though he's not 100% on this one). Yet in the final, it says that Tsuji's the one using a setup similar to that. Meanwhile in the final, Mano is using a rain team. This makes absolutely no sense. And yeah it definitely was Mano and not Tsuji. Round 2, Tasuku Mano Vs. Andrew Perrott (though Mano only one the best-of-3 because of a ridiculous Discharge hit which hit critical, then paralysed, and fully paralysed Cresselia for the next 4 turns and tipped the scales 2-1 in Mano's favour).

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
his six pokes were hippowdon zapdos rhyperior moltres shedinja yanmega

@ Zerowing - I have a scan of the local newspaper article about me, would that be something you would want?

Hey, I'm pretty sure Mano broke the rules and used more than 6 pokémon.

He fought Shoe using Hippowdon, Zapdos, Rhyperior and Metagross (though he's not 100% on this one). Yet in the final, it says that Tsuji's the one using a setup similar to that. Meanwhile in the final, Mano is using a rain team. This makes absolutely no sense. And yeah it definitely was Mano and not Tsuji. Round 2, Tasuku Mano Vs. Andrew Perrott (though Mano only one the best-of-3 because of a ridiculous Discharge hit which hit critical, then paralysed, and fully paralysed Cresselia for the next 4 turns and tipped the scales 2-1 in Mano's favour).
Mano didn't cheat. If you read the VGC Report (not the video, the written one), it says Tsuji used Toxicroak, Empoleon, Ludicolo, Snorlax, Salamence, and Metagross. Thus Mano was the one with Moltres, Yanmega, Rhyperior, Hippowdon, Shedinja, and Zapdos. Basically, the people who made the finals video screwed up. They even show clips of Mano's Shedinja owning and say it's him. If Tsuji used Shedinja, why would they show Sheddy owning and then say Mano won? Because the teams are switched.

Thanks, I wondered why the video didn't make sense. :P

Still, props to Mano for making the final and beating NeoSyrex. Apparently the controversy with Syrex stemmed from his use of U-turn, specifically a case where he had one pokémon use U-turn and then stalled for time on the switching screen until the game was out of time, leaving him the winner where otherwise he may have lost. That's what it looked like to people watching, anyway.

And nice, can't wait to see Sunday. Shoe was filmed trading his shiny Pickup Aipom (RNGed it then remembered that Aipom doesn't always have technician) with PokéHitler for a Magnezone. Given how it was a shiny being traded, that'll probably be on TV.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
his six pokes were hippowdon zapdos rhyperior moltres shedinja yanmega

@ Zerowing - I have a scan of the local newspaper article about me, would that be something you would want?
Yeah exactly the type of thing I want.

When do you suppose we'll find out about next year's tournament? This way I'll know about it much sooner so I can prepare accordingly. This year I found out about it mid-May, which screwed me over in the end.

The Japanese do their VGC for the year after (I think), so the Japanese rules will be out soon. Though we won't know the rules for everywhere else until it comes closer.

That's good I guess. Besides, hopefully next year there'll be more locations, as the only ones close to here were TN and St. Louis, and I didn't have much time and I can't drive yet, so I had to try to find one close to me.

@Zerowing: I have some articles, photos and videos from Spanish and French qualifiers, but all of them are in Spanish, btw if you want them, let me know =P
I suppose that at least the photos and videos will be fine...

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
XD

Ha! I just realized the Worlds Weavile has Night Slash! I wonder if it was meant to be a reminder of how haxy the whole thing was!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)