OM Mashup Megathread

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Aggronite Snorlax doesn't seem to be really good, Normal/Steel isn't a good defensive typing, and Egg Bomb as your main attacking move is also bad, considering its 75% acc and there are better Normal type moves such as Return. There are better defensive Normal-Type like Sablenite Blissey. Though the rest of the team is fine, you just need to change Snorlax, thats all. (I don't know if Sablenite Curselax is still mediocre)

Now for BH LC

Both Murkrow and Misdreavus are still on the banlist. Please update it and also, include Poipole as well due to having an evolution (Naganadel) and being obtainable to this format similar to Type:Null. And oh, now that Illusion is banned in BH, we should ban this as well here. Now for this set

Murkrow @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Mold Breaker
Level: 5
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Atk / 180 Def / 236 SpA / 180 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Spore
- Dragon Ascent
- Close Combat / King's Shield / U-turn

This set can be annoying to deal with. Murkrow abuses the best move in Little Cup, Knock Off. It lets it removed important item such as Eviolite and Safety Goggles. Knock Off is actually more high rewarding here than in regular BH, because most pokemon are reliant on item to perform effectively. It also deals a good damage coming from its good Attack Stat and STAB. Now Spore is an annoying move and puts its opponent to sleep, and in conjunction with Knock Off, it can be hard to switch into. Dragon Ascent is your other STAB and hits Grass-Types that are immune to Spore hard. Dark / Flying is a great offensive combination, being both resisted by only Pawniard. which can be quite easily dealt with a Fighting move like Close Combat. King's Shield helps you scout Fake Out users. Other protection move can be used to protect itself from status as well. U-turn lets you preserved momentum. Mold Breaker is preferred due to being able to removed items from Sticky Hold users and able to Spore on Magic Bounce user. Murkrow can be able to do this thanks to its blazing speed, reaching the 2nd fastest unboosted speed tier and only outsped by Diglett, Elekid , Voltorb and Yanma. Though this set won't work on tour as long as Sleep Clause is still active.

Oh, by the way. I noticed that the LC AAA doesn't have Drifloon listed. Please include this as well
Poipole is not currently banned in LC BH. Same for Drifloon in LC AAA. If you think they should be banned, you can make that argument. But I personally felt that their innate traits weren't overwhelming enough to be included in the initial banlists. The rest of it I applied where I'd missed it though, let me know if I'm still missing anything.

Onto other things...

-There is an OM Mashup Discord hosted by Ransei! Invite is here.

-The discussion on Necrozma-Dusk-Mane in AAA Ubers has so far failed to reach a consensus of any sort. Please continue to discuss whether it's banworthy or not :) Things to keep in mind while discussing are the difficulty of walling it with Steelworker, it's ability to be Ultra Necrozma,

-MnM LC is now possible thanks to a change in the regular Mix and Mega rules that allows NFEs to mega evolve! (I'm using NFE to refer to any Pokemon that can still evolve here, not just stuff marked NFE on Showdown). I will be discussing the addition of this metagame to this thread with The Immortal when I get the opportunity. This rule change of course also applies to other Mix and Mega Mashups.

-Illusion has been banned from Balanced Hackmons by suspect, and as such is banned from Mashups that use the BH banlist as a base. This does NOT include Pure Hackmons, as while it is similar in concept to BH, PH does not use any banlist. I would like some discussion on this point: is Illusion broken in BH Doubles? Note that I'm not asking for discussion of the recent BH suspect, and I don't care if you approve of the result. I'm interested in how the Doubles metagame compares to the Singles.

For now it's going on the banlist by default though.

I think that's all for now. Let me know if there's anything I missed / messed up on!

Now I'm starting to realized that Skill Link is slightly broken, this is due that multi-hit moves surprisingly hits hard on low level. I'm going to post some potential abuser of this ability.

Anorith's high attack and good speed tier makes it one of the common abuser of Skill Link thanks to its access to Rock Blast. And couple with Life Orb, it is able to 2HKO nearly any unresisted pokemon without any boost.

Calc :
236 Atk Life Orb Anorith Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 20-25 (74 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5)

236 Atk Life Orb Anorith Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 196 HP / 236 Def Eviolite Nosepass: 20-25 (90.9 - 113.6%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5)

With 5 hits, it deals total minimum of 20 Damage. Even the highest Defense that didn't resist Rock, Nosepass, gets 2HKOed
Only Bulky Rock-resisted pokemon can reliably switch-in to it, but its access to Knock Off means they get crippled by losing their Eviolite (unless you run like Sticky Hold) and deal this damage.

Calc :
236 Atk Life Orb Anorith Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 84 HP / 108+ Def Ferroseed: 15-20 (68.1 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4)

236 Atk Life Orb Anorith Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 132 HP / 132 Def Hippopotas: 15-20 (60 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4)

Rock-resisted without Eviolite deals total minimum of 15 Damage. It would seem that the ability Stamina is able to counter Skill Link due to being able to increased its defense per hit, and the fact all multi-hit moves available are all physical attacks. Now for the other user and their respective multi-hit move.

Icicle Spear user :

Bullet Seed user :

Arm Thrust user :

Other Rock Blast user :

The listed above can also use Skill Link decently and deal minimum of 15 Damage unresisted without Life Orb. However, most of them have middling speed tier and are reliant on Choice Scarf to outspeed the entire unboosted pokemon. In Onix's case, it faces competition from Anorith thanks to its higher attack, slightly faster and access to Knock Off, It can also deal higher damage on some resisted non-eviolite pokemon like being able to KO Ferroseed with Life Orb Knock Off followed by 5 Rock Blast.

In conclusion, i think that Skill Link is still fine and should KEEP it. The introduction of Stamina can help counter this ability. Anorith is rather frail and reliant on Rock Blast for high damage. It is suspectible to get revenge killed by a Choice Scarf user or some strong priority. It is also suspectible to get crippled by a status such are burn and paralysis.

Now What is your opinion about this ability in LC AAA? Please post it on the thread.
This Replay shows how Skill Link works, Anorith was able to sweep late-game without any boosting move. It was able to KO 57% HP Croagunk with just 5 hits. A non-Eviolite pokemon gets KOed with just only this move.

Also, thanks for updating the LC OM tour code. And shoutouts to Ransei and the others who participated the tour for helping me.

Ok Guys, can I suggest the Mega Aerodactyl set on the PH viability rankings for S rank? I truly believe that it is too good to be classed as S-. It’s very strong offensive utility as well as a reliable wonderguard breaker, make it a blessing to many struggling teams. It isn’t outclassed by Mega Mewtwo X as a Pure power/ Huge Power user, because of its greater speed and attack stats don’t really matter with doubled attack. Let’s see what it can 1v1 wise:
Chansey if it’s their last pokemon and you have more, imposter Chansey unfortunately wins.
Mega Mewtwo X: check, unless they’re scarf and you’re not.
Mega Mewtwo Y: same issue.
Zygod: Dragon Ascent should be able to give you the victory.
Giratina: 2ko

I’m not going to do any more because I’m lazy, but you can see that it usually wins against most of those. I just think that it’s great offensive utility and capacity as a very fast late game sweeper makes it worthy of S Rank.

apologies to those of you who took this bit seriously.

Right, onto the real for my post: I think we should do a viability rankings for Stab n’ Mega as well. I’ll be happy to create them, and I think the Meta is popular enough to be worth it. It’s easily as popular as PH, and it would be a great resource to people who want to make teams. If i’m not allowed to manage it (perfectly understandable), then I would recommend Mark K to do it, as he’s probably the best player right now although I did beat him on normal Mix and Mega. I also have a sample I would like to submit for it: the same one as I had before, with Snorlax replaced.
Landorus-Therian @ Lucarionite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Shaymin-Sky @ Absolite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seed Flare
- Sleep Powder
- Oblivion Wing
- Roost

Celesteela @ Blue Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Beak Blast
- King's Shield
- Defog

Volcarona @ Red Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Roost
- Substitute
- Blue Flare

Excadrill @ Pinsirite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Sunsteel Strike
- Frustration
- Stealth Rock

Blissey (F) @ Sablenite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Transform
- Milk Drink
- Perish Song

That’s all for now.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Mix and Mega LC has been approved by The Immortal and will be added to the list of metas this thread supports. I should get up an initial banlist tomorrow, along with all the other miscellaneous stuff that goes with it.

Roomtours in MnM LC cannot be set to level 5, due to us having to use Mix and Mega as a base. I haven't decided yet whether we will manually enforce level 5 or allow the tours to be level 100 yet, so for now go by whatever is said in chat.

A viability ranking for Mix and Mega STABmons is also in the works. I'll edit the link to the WIP into this post tomorrow. I would like as many people's input as possible.

EDIT: Link is here. It's a new site for me so let me know how it works. It wants you to create an account which is kinda ew but w/e I used my fake Google account I use for Pokemon stuff.

Last edited:
Roomtours in MnM LC cannot be set to level 5, due to us having to use Mix and Mega as a base. I haven't decided yet whether we will manually enforce level 5 or allow the tours to be level 100 yet, so for now go by whatever is said in chat.
A version of MnM LC has existed on ROM for some time and is limited to Lv. 5, although I don't know who created this and what their rationale was.

I think the level limitation and contrast with the mega boosts is part of what makes LC unique and this mashup interesting, although I believe there is currently a problem with the Showdown EV-setting interface at Lv. 5: the EV slider lock isn't attuned to the fact that certain usually wasteful (in LC) EV investments can actually be meaningful after the Mega BST recalc in MnM LC.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
A version of MnM LC has existed on ROM for some time and is limited to Lv. 5, although I don't know who created this and what their rationale was.

I think the level limitation and contrast with the mega boosts is part of what makes LC unique and this mashup interesting, although I believe there is currently a problem with the Showdown EV-setting interface at Lv. 5: the EV slider lock isn't attuned to the fact that certain usually wasteful (in LC) EV investments can actually be meaningful after the Mega BST recalc in MnM LC.
To clarify; the meta itself will be at level 5, as all Little Cup metas are. This is just for tours on the main server, where we are limited in what we can add in. I would love to be able to have the tours at level 5 but it adds in a level of supervision that makes the tours much more difficult to efficiently pull off. I am discussing what we should do with Ransei, but I'm of course taking all feedback into account.

As for EVs I have personally figured out EVs using a higher stated mon at level 5 and figuring out what EVs I need, then just porting over the EV spread. For instance (*randpokes quickly*) Mudkip @ Ampharosite has 100 SpA. I would put in a Mew and use the slider to figure out that 196 evs is the maximum I can efficiently invest for that stat. It's not quick or easy but it works and you know you're not messing it up. /ds can help you find Pokemon with specific stats of course.

You could also try using a damage calculator and modifying base stats and seeing what ev spreads change stats, but that seems like even slower of a process.

I'm sorry I don't have a better solution for you. If anyone has one I would be delighted to hear it.

To clarify; the meta itself will be at level 5, as all Little Cup metas are. This is just for tours on the main server, where we are limited in what we can add in. I would love to be able to have the tours at level 5 but it adds in a level of supervision that makes the tours much more difficult to efficiently pull off. I am discussing what we should do with Ransei, but I'm of course taking all feedback into account.

As for EVs I have personally figured out EVs using a higher stated mon at level 5 and figuring out what EVs I need, then just porting over the EV spread. For instance (*randpokes quickly*) Mudkip @ Ampharosite has 100 SpA. I would put in a Mew and use the slider to figure out that 196 evs is the maximum I can efficiently invest for that stat. It's not quick or easy but it works and you know you're not messing it up. /ds can help you find Pokemon with specific stats of course.

You could also try using a damage calculator and modifying base stats and seeing what ev spreads change stats, but that seems like even slower of a process.

I'm sorry I don't have a better solution for you. If anyone has one I would be delighted to hear it.
not sure if I'm understanding right, but wouldnt it be easiest to make the team in LC teambuilder and just import it over to mnm? but I might be completely misunderstanding

(Also i think theres a command for a level cap)

This is how EVs work at level 5 according to this post.

Base stat ending / EVs required for stat gain
xx0 / 36 /116 / 196 EVs
xx1 / 28 / 108 / 188 EVs
xx2 / 20 / 100 / 180 EVs
xx3 / 12 / 92 / 172 / 252 EVs
xx4 / 4 / 84 / 164 / 244 EVs
xx5 / 76 / 156 / 236 EVs
xx6 / 68 / 148 / 228 EVs
xx7 / 60 / 140 / 220 EVs
xx8 / 52 / 132 / 212 EVs
xx9 / 44 / 124 / 204 EVs

This means a stat that ends in certain number has certain EVs to gain 1 stat boost. The Ampharosite Mudkip you mention has 100 SpA, since it ends with 0, then its EVs are 36 / 116 / 196. For what We Wuz Nidokangz said that certain EVs would go wasteful, it because some Mega Stone doesn't boost by 10,20,30,etc stat. Example is Lucarionite(+22 Speed). Though some mon might not care about it. Now for my opinions about MnM LC, due to most pokemon running Mega Stone, i feel like the meta would be slightly similar to Gen4 LC, but with Megas. But its still interesting to me. Anyways, I would like to post 2 sets.

Buneary @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 228 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack

Just a little Mega Lopunny. Jump Kick was chosen as its Fighting STAB as Buneary can't learn High Jump Kick.

Carvanha @ Metagrossite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

This thing is threatening thanks to Speed Boost. Though priorities can help you deal with it.

MnM LC Let’s GO!

I’ve cooked up a few sets for this meta and i’m Gonna share them (not putting image sprites because laziness).

Cranidos @ Metagrossite / Lopunnite / Daincite / Bulky Gyaradosite / Any physically attacking stone
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash , very strong prepare for death by recoil!
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance
- Filler

Pretty self explanatory, you set up a Rock Polish then the game is practically yours. Gyaradosite can be used because it gets crunch and speed with rock polish, lopunnite if you’ve got guts, but the classic Metagrossite / Diancite will probably be most popular with Stealth Rocks in the Filler. This set will be very good with Healing Wish / Wish support.

Abra @ Absolite / You may as well run Diancite because terrible bulk anyway
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute / Taunt
- Psychic
- Calm Mind
- Dazzling Gleam

This is literally Darkrai in LC. Like, literally the same idea and tactics. Once you’ve got a Sub and CM up, there’s basically only altarianite draining to stop it nothing to stop this thing going on a rampage.

Munchlax @ Sablenite / Altarianite / whatever
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Power-Up Punch / Filler
- Return

This thing is like so fat. Return hits amazingly hard with Altarianite, and Sablenite can be used to give this tank some incredible bulk. It would be better if it got more reliable recovery but :shrug:. This set is very good with a cleric.

Anorith @ Heracronite
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock / Filler / Rock Polish for fast sets

I think this set is Roldski32’s dream come true. Unfortunately, it is forced to run bulky sets, because Heracronite gives speed drop, but it gets some impressive bulk, hazard control, Rocks, and set up. Very good set right here.

Spritzee @ Sablenite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SpA
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Nasty Plot
- Moonblast
- Wish

I understand. I didn’t want to use this either, but you can’t hide from the fact that it is actually pretty good. An amazing support Pokemon for Muchlax or Cranidos, it is basically lunar dance Cresselia but without fainting, and with some viability. Fairy is an excellent defensive typing from what I can see so far, and nasty plot moonblast hits like a truck against things like Carvanha and Cranidos (Gyaradosite ).

Zorua @ Red Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- U-turn
- Incinerate
- Night Daze

Ha ha ha, I’m not even joking. Under webs, this things is a total beast, with pivot, set up, pretty amazing special attack, and decent fire STAB. Red orb Darkrai in LC.

Will post more later, so reserving Pawniard, Sewaddle, Archen and Solosis to write about. I forgot about level five for all but Zorua, but just imagine they’re all with correct EVs and at level 5.

Last edited:

Thanks. I don't think it's a huge problem in itself; I just mistakenly believed that you were deciding between making MnM LC tours based on Lv. 5 or Lv. 100 and thought this was worth mentioning as a potential issue that could affect that decision.

not sure if I'm understanding right, but wouldnt it be easiest to make the team in LC teambuilder and just import it over to mnm? but I might be completely misunderstanding

(Also i think theres a command for a level cap)
Regardless of meta or level, the teambuilder EV slider correctly moves between the minimum discrete EV investments that will affect the final stat. The problem is that this calculation is made based on the base Pokemon's stats rather than its post-mega forme stats.

In metas other than MnM LC this distinction has no impact because 1. in level 100-based metas like vanilla MnM, the number of EVs needed to increase a stat by one point is constant (always 4) and 2. Little Cup normally doesn't have Megas or (I think?) any other static forme changes - and if they did, they could be specified in team builder to create a correct basis for EV calculation like vanilla Megas can be.

It's a very unique issue caused by the interaction of a low-level meta with the dynamic forme changes created in Mix and Mega.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Mix and Mega LC banlist is live on page one! For those who don't want to go find it, here it is!

Pokemon:
Any Pokemon that is evolved, cannot evolve, or is unobtainable at level 5.
Gligar, Gothita, Misdreavus, Murkrow, Scyther, Sneasel, Tangela, Vulpix
Moves:
Dragon Rage, Sonicboom, Electrify
Items:
Beedrillite, Blazikenite, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Mawilite, Medichamite, Pidgeotite, Ultranecrozium Z

I haven't yet bothered to make a functioning system whereby I allow LC Ubers mons to be used but not to mega, but I plan to do so at some point. It will be slow though, because I have to do each mon individually. I did this and it was painful
If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or cookies feel free to talk about them in the thread. I know I've said this before, but I don't know LC, so any banlist I make isn't based on the most well-informed choices, but I tried to be conservative.

Things on my watchlist include:
Vulpix, basically every mon in LC Ubers that I didn't ban besides like Drifloon and Meditite, and Eevium Z.

Sneasel, Scyther, and Gligar are staying banned though so don't even try. Same with all the moves and most of the mega stones.

In other news...
Help us work on the Mix and Mega STABmons viability rankings in a Piratepad knockoff I found here! This is the same link as in a couple posts above but now it will give people notifications.

Last edited:
So after looking for some pokemon or some that i've already seen in LC AAA. I think we might need a suspect or about this pokemon.

Pawniard is one of the best pokemon in LC AAA in my opinion thanks to its good defensive typing, excellent offensive STAB and a strongest Knock Off user. Dark / Steel are only resisted by Carvanha, Houndour and opposing Pawniard, the former 2 were frail and Brick Break completely destroys the latter. Its strong priority Sucker Punch allows it to mitigate its middling speed stat and revenge kill. The nerfs to Prankster helps Pawniard greatly as it lets it not worrying about priority status such as Will-O-Wisp and Spore.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability / Tough Claws
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break / Swords Dance / Stealth Rock

Knock Off is strong and spammable thanks to its utility of removing items. Iron Head is another STAB with potential flinch chance on slower pokemon and hit most pokemon for neutral damage .Sucker Punch for priority. On 4th slot, Brick Break gives you coverage against opposing Pawniard. Sword Dance turns it into a scary sweeper and a wincon. Stealth Rock is also an option if you don't have a hazard setter.This is just standart set. Eviolite gives it a additional bulk, being able to switch-in on weak or resisted hit while going offensive afterwards. Adaptability is its best choice and Tough Claws is alternative choice if your running Brick Break. This set can also fit on almost any team.
This thing is crazily strong, it has great typing, both offensively and defensively. It is very hard to switch into thanks to its good coverage, powerful Knock Off and the potential flinch from Iron Head. With Adaptability, it is able to OHKO or 2HKO nearly every pokemon unboosted. You might end up sacking up one of your pokemon just to bring a check to it. The only bulky pokemon that can resist its dual STAB was another Pawniard, which can be easily deal with Brick Break. Faster but frail pokemon has to be wary of its powerful Sucker Punch. Though its speed its middling, the aforementioned Sucker Punch helps mitigate this. I've also seen some use of Choice Scarf, Unburden and even Rock Polish. I'm seeing some abilities that could used it like Flash Fire to bait out Fire-Types. With Sword Dance, it is even hard to stop it outside of priorities. Like i said on my previous comment, Eviolite Pawniard is easy to fit on most team.

Now what do you guys think of Pawniard? Is it banworthy or not? Please post your opinion about Pawniard in LC AAA.

Also, the viability ranking for LC AAA is in progress, though there are still quite a few pokemon listed. Idk the site where i could put it, so i'm just gonna put it on the Notepad for the time being.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'm here to request an exchange of sample teams in Pure Hackmons. When I first posted the Scepterrain team, the metagame was in its definite primitive stage and for the most part, I honestly didn't believe the team would be good enough to become a sample. Don't get me wrong. It's still in its primitive stage, but it has became a bit more developed since. Today I still believe it should be removed as a sample but I have a team I can ensure is better to back this up.

Introducting: Melozor w Angry Regi!

I couldn't have came up with a better name.

The main although not required focus on this team is to have Mega Scizor use Substitute, set up with Shell Smash, and Baton Pass into Regigigas in order for it to sweep. This Regigigas is able to mostly imposterproof itself due to carrying 0 Happiness Frustration and the Ghost-type move Spectral Thief. Since most Chansey in the metagame would likely stay at 255 Happiness, they would find a hard time having to deal with this Pokemon. This is unless of course Chansey lowers its happiness, which if it does, it should just cut it in half because they would be less of a gamble between Return and Frustration sets. Regigigas can just as easily run max Happiness Return as it can min Happiness Frustration. Despite Scizor being on the team to help Regigigas with its setup, there are cases where Regigigas can safely set up on its own and sweep. The move Spore significantly helps with this as it's able to lure its opponents into sleep before setting up and reaching those KOs. Spore is an incredibly useful move for a Mold Breaker to use in this metagame despite the prevalence of Safety Goggles, which is a required item for this particular Regigigas in order to fully imposterproof itself from incoming Chansey. Once you have this item there aren't many things stopping you from setting up. For a large chunk of what should stop you from setting up, Mega Rayquaza is in on defeating with its luxurious Pure Power ability and Choice Scarf item. Dragon Ascent is just a really good STAB move and Thousand Arrows is for Alolan Muk and Electric-types. What I have as the 4th move on its slot is another coverage move to beat a particular type of Wonder Guard. In this set's case, it's going after Xerneas and Mega Audino. I gave it Gear Grind instead of Sunsteel Strike in case I have a grand opportunity to switch into Wonder Guard Meloetta once Mega Rayquaza has been impostered. Otherwise, Sunsteel Strike would just tear through its adequate defenses. You can also run moves like Play Rough, Sacred Fire, Close Combat, or Leaf Blade depending on the rest of your team. Just make sure it is unable to hit both of your Wonder Guards. Trick is primarily for any Wonder Guard it cannot hit in hopes of restricting them to using only one move. This in particular hurts Wonder Guards more than it would hurt for most other Pokemon, due to their primarily defensive or setup roles. Wonder Guard Meloetta may have a poor defense stat but it has one of the best type combinations of a Wonder Guard in this generation, particularly since it not only bears a resistance to Photon Geyser and is completely immune to Moongeist Beam, but its weaknesses tend to be from less obscure coverage types in the metagame. With this in mind Meloetta is safe against most Pokemon and for this team is used as a support and cleric Pokemon. One of Meloetta's main support moves comes from Defog enabling it to clear hazards. However, Magic Bounce Giratina is on the team to mostly ensure a drop on the amount of times you'd need to use Defog and even Aromatherapy. This Pokemon is designed to sit on the battlefield in order to make sure a non-Mold Breaker takes excessive amounts of effort in order to inflict status moves on your team. Because Giratina is a nice Pokemon, it has also decided to work with Meloetta as a defogger just in case Meloetta is in trouble or a Mold Breaker Pokemon goes through Magic Bounce. Now I did say Giratina is nice, but I didn't say it doesn't flip others off sometimes. Sometimes, a bulky Ghost-type does what it wants to do and spout curses at other Pokemon. It's unfortunate, but Curse such a great move for Giratina to use in this metagame, as it pressures opponents into either switching out or wasting pp on recovery. Speaking of Ghost-type, Giratina also has a little friend on the same team to bond with. Prankster Zygarde-Complete is mostly used as a lead to set up Stealth Rock and roll out. It can also be used to halt a sweep in the midst of its progress. You'll like Zygarde-Complete since it's an unsurprisingly great wall to have. Despite what I've said, be very careful around Mega Mewtwo X because it's known to slice Zygarde's HP bar in half with a single attack in this metagame.

The entire team is covered now. I was vague on why Scizor is such a good choice to help Regigigas in its set up but it's only because of its high defensive stats combined with its sole weakness to Fire and the Wonder Guard ability it has on this team. When using this Scizor scout out for Mega Mewtwo X's moves, preferably using Meloetta or Zygarde-Complete in order to see whether it's safe using it in front of Mega Mewtwo X. During most of the match it should be able to be freely sent out.

Well anyway, have fun and enjoy yourselves using this team.

Here are some festive replays:

Successful Regigigas sweep vs mono Imposter
Same Regigigas set sweeping on its own
A win without a successful Regigigas sweep

Random replays (these have nothing to do with the team above):

5-Deo match
B2W2 War Memories
Death by MMY
Death by Melo
Stall v Bot
Stopping Gyara

Last edited:
After looking at the banlist of Gen6 AAA Doubles, i noticed that Serene Grace was included and i think it should be keep it banned in this generation. The main abuser of this was most fast Rock Slide user. Rock Slide has the same 30% flinch chance as Headbutt, Air Slash and Iron Head. I think flinch is more valuable in Doubles, and couple with Rock Slide hits both opponent's pokemon and increased chance thanks to this ability, its gonna be rather hard to deal with unless run used something like Inner Focus or Shield Dust. Though I only see less on others like 60% acc drop from Muddy Water.

Now going back to LC OM, I couldn't make a teams for LC BH currently, i'm sorry
This one team is for LC AAA

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Croagunk @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 52 HP / 116 Def / 188 SpA / 116 SpD / 36 Spe
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Focus Blast
- Vacuum Wave

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Triage
EVs: 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Kabuto @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Honedge @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 116 Atk / 116 Def / 140 SpD / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder
- Ice Beam

This team revolves around this first 3 Fighting type Pokemon. Mienfoo is the revenge killer and chipping its checks with U-turn. Croagunk is the special sweeper and deals with Fairy-Types for the other Fighting-Type. Pancham is another Fighting-type and Zen Headbutt is chosen to deal with Poison-Types. Kabuto is your lead and a check to Flying-Types. Honedge is another Flying-check and a spinblocker. Pursuit is run for Abra. Finally, Chinchou is another Flying check and adds to Volt-turn core.

Now I can surely say that LC AAA is the most balanced among other LC OMs in my opinion.
Poipole is not currently banned in LC BH. Same for Drifloon in LC AAA. If you think they should be banned, you can make that argument. But I personally felt that their innate traits weren't overwhelming enough to be included in the initial banlists. The rest of it I applied where I'd missed it though, let me know if I'm still missing anything.
Whoops, I was about to say Poipole should be playable for BH LC, sorry for misunderstanding, my bad :/

Edit : Change Honedge's ability to Levitate as I notice 4 out of 6 were Ground-Weak.

Last edited:
Presenting... Sketchmons Doubles!

Banlist:
Doubles OU clause
Sketch clause: No two Pokemon can sketch the same move
Banned Pokemon: Shedinja, Porygon-Z
Banned Moves (for those that originally do not learn these moves): Belly Drum, Chatter, Geomancy, Lovely Kiss, Shell Smash, Shift Gear, Z-moves, Quiver Dance, Moves that have the Z-move effect "Attack +1, Defense +1, Sp. Atk +1, Sp. Def +1, Speed +1"
Unbans: Kartana, Ash Greninja, Spore, Sticky Web

With other powerful juggernauts such as Genesect and Deoxys are roaming around in Doubles, I've decided to unban Kartana and Ash Greninja. While Kartana will be a fantastic Pokemon that has to choose wisely on powerful STAB move or better coverage, Ash Greninja is not a notable Pokemon in Doubles as activating Battle Bond to transform can be a pain in this enviourment. Porygon-Z remains banned purely for its unpredictability, correct me if I'm wrong though.

A new addition to the Sketchmons Doubles ban list is Shedinja, who can redirect moves with either Follow Me or Rage Powder in conjunction with Wonder Guard, making it annoying to deal with.

While Spore is still a great move, the prevalence of Tapu Koko and Tapu Fini means it can be blocked with relative ease, making it much more manageable overall. As for Sticky Web, Trick Room doesn't mind about getting the speed drop. Though I feel like I might miss something regarding Sticky Web.

I personally think that unbanning Chatter will not affect the metagame too much, it's just that Sketch cannot copy Chatter.

Anyway, I would like to discuss the main points about Sketchmons Doubles:
  • Should Follow Me/Rage Powder be banned?
  • Should Diamond Storm be banned?
  • Should Porygon-Z be unbanned?
  • Sticky Web.
  • What move did I miss?
Also, here's a fantastic demonstration set that I come up with.

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpA / 80 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Glaciate

This is totally different from the one that I posted in STABmon Doubles. Totally.

I find out this thread on the Little Cup roomintro, which is the Gen6 LC OM. It includes both LC AAA and STABmons LC.

For LC AAA, both Adaptability and Gale Wings were banned abilities. I doubt the latter being banned again, due to its nerf.
the reasoning is on page 7, post #156. And Pawniard was used as a main example of why Adaptability was banned.

Also Weather Rocks like Heat Rock, Damp Rock, Icy Rock and Smooth Rock were also banned. This might be due to weather wars and weather-speed boosting ability.

Misdreavus and Yanma were unbanned. For Misdreavus' case, it was to help deal with Zigzagoon, but we now had Psychic Surge, Triage and Dazzling/Queenly Majesty to deal with it, so i think we don't have to unban this. Not sure on yanma.

For STABmon LC, at first, i don't get it but i realized that they don't used the same move restriction as STABmon, like Shell Smash and Geomancy was allowed. I don't think we would add Normal Clause in this gen because Belly Drum,Extremespeed and Shell Smash were banned.

What do you guys think? Should we follow some of this banlist?

I find out this thread on the Little Cup roomintro, which is the Gen6 LC OM. It includes both LC AAA and STABmons LC.

For LC AAA, both Adaptability and Gale Wings were banned abilities. I doubt the latter being banned again, due to its nerf.
the reasoning is on page 7, post #156. And Pawniard was used as a main example of why Adaptability was banned.

Also Weather Rocks like Heat Rock, Damp Rock, Icy Rock and Smooth Rock were also banned. This might be due to weather wars and weather-speed boosting ability.

Misdreavus and Yanma were unbanned. For Misdreavus' case, it was to help deal with Zigzagoon, but we now had Psychic Surge, Triage and Dazzling/Queenly Majesty to deal with it, so i think we don't have to unban this. Not sure on yanma.

For STABmon LC, at first, i don't get it but i realized that they don't used the same move restriction as STABmon, like Shell Smash and Geomancy was allowed. I don't think we would add Normal Clause in this gen because Belly Drum,Extremespeed and Shell Smash were banned.

What do you guys think? Should we follow some of this banlist?
Follow most of it, I reckon. Not gonna go into detail because I’m short of time.

I have this really cool set in PH which should be A or A-, as I believe it outclasses Regigigas. Mega Metagross. No, seriously.

Metagross-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Steelworker / Pure Power / Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Sacred Fire
- Shift Gear

This and Regigigas play exactly the same role, bulky, fast, laste game, set up sweep that really appreciates Shell Smasher Scizor on the team. Only difference is, Metagross-Mega hits harder, is bulkier, has 2 powerful STAB instead of one, and doesn’t need Turboblaze. There is practically nothing that can wall this set, due to Sacred Fire, apart from bad, unviable Pokemon like Flash Fire max defense Registeel, or, if Sub’s been broken, Prankster Toosy-Turvy. I guess Unaware Yveltal is an option, but if Sub hasn’t been broken, it still gets punished severely with Steelworker Sunsteel Strike, for trying to oppose this heavy-hitting monster. The set could be run by Solgaleo, or Necrozma-Dusk Mane, but I chose this for its slightly better bulk and better Speed. All I’ve got time for now, might elaborate with replays and more soon.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Follow most of it, I reckon. Not gonna go into detail because I’m short of time.

I have this really cool set in PH which should be A or A-, as I believe it outclasses Regigigas. Mega Metagross. No, seriously.

Metagross-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Steelworker / Pure Power / Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Sacred Fire
- Shift Gear

This and Regigigas play exactly the same role, bulky, fast, laste game, set up sweep that really appreciates Shell Smasher Scizor on the team. Only difference is, Metagross-Mega hits harder, is bulkier, has 2 powerful STAB instead of one, and doesn’t need Turboblaze. There is practically nothing that can wall this set, due to Sacred Fire, apart from bad, unviable Pokemon like Flash Fire max defense Registeel, or, if Sub’s been broken, Prankster Toosy-Turvy. I guess Unaware Yveltal is an option, but if Sub hasn’t been broken, it still gets punished severely with Steelworker Sunsteel Strike, for trying to oppose this heavy-hitting monster. The set could be run by Solgaleo, or Necrozma-Dusk Mane, but I chose this for its slightly better bulk and better Speed. All I’ve got time for now, might elaborate with replays and more soon.
Some of the main differences between Regigigas and this Mega Metagross set is how unlike Huge Power/Pure Power Mega Metagross, Regigigas is able to imposterproof itself. This Metagross can also doesn't have any sleep inducing moves to help it perform stat boosts as efficiently and can easily have its stats stolen by Spectral Thief. For a Huge Power/Pure Power Pokemon with Sunsteel Strike, Photon Geyser, AND Sacred Fire, you've made it really hard for this set to be imposterproofed leaving your team to be more vulnerable to getting swept by Chansey. Other than this, Mega Metagross's ranking is at stake because there are Huge Power/Pure Power Pokemon that can outspeed and overpower it without much of a need to set up due to the use of coverage. These other Huge Power/Pure Power Pokemon should typically carry 0-1 Mold Breaker moves just so they can imposterproof their team easier. Although Mega Metagross is an exception who can run 2, this set would need a good amount of support to be used properly, which is a good part of why it doesn't deserve A- or A rank.

Some of the main differences between Regigigas and this Mega Metagross set is how unlike Huge Power/Pure Power Mega Metagross, Regigigas is able to imposterproof itself. This Metagross can also doesn't have any sleep inducing moves to help it perform stat boosts as efficiently and can easily have its stats stolen by Spectral Thief. For a Huge Power/Pure Power Pokemon with Sunsteel Strike, Photon Geyser, AND Sacred Fire, you've made it really hard for this set to be imposterproofed leaving your team to be more vulnerable to getting swept by Chansey. Other than this, Mega Metagross's ranking is at stake because there are Huge Power/Pure Power Pokemon that can outspeed and overpower it without much of a need to set up due to the use of coverage. These other Huge Power/Pure Power Pokemon should typically carry 0-1 Mold Breaker moves just so they can imposterproof their team easier. Although Mega Metagross is an exception who can run 2, this set would need a good amount of support to be used properly, which is a good part of why it doesn't deserve A- or A rank.
I was not thinking about imposterproofs when I made it, I was just thinking about how it’s best to sweep teams. You are right, this set in a team is likely to get sweeped by Imposter, but the set I showed isn’t likely to be used in a team. I considered making a set where I had Shell Smash instead of Shift Gear, and Dread / Earth Plate Judgement over Sacred Fire. I probably wouldn’t use any Nature on this set. And, contrary to what you said about needing lots of support, I’d probably only need the Shell Smash Scizor set (edited slightly) to ensure that Imposter doesn’t sweep. I believe that in the team you showed, Regigigas could easily be replaced my Mega Metagross. Also, you said that Regigigas can Improof itself. No. Chansey should normally run 0 happiness to check things exactly like Regigigas, and even if Regigigas runs Return, it’s still not guaranteed that Chansey will not have max happiness, so you ought to still have precautions.

Last edited:
Good news everyone, LC AAA Viability Ranking is now here
Note : This is the first Viability Ranking for LC AAA and its currently based mostly on my opinion.
Feel free to suggest which pokemon should be added/ranked where or what other abilities should be added on existing pokemon and explain why
All pokemon are listed alphabetically. Main/Common Abilities are Bolded.

LC AAA Viability Ranking

S-Tier
Pawniard (Adaptability,Tough Claws,Levitate,Flash Fire,Regenerator)
Vullaby (Adaptability,Regenerator,Volt Absorb,Magic Bounce,Delta Stream,Unaware,Unburden)

A+Tier
Abra (Psychic Surge, Sheer Force)
Diglett (Arena Trap)
Gastly (No Guard,Adaptability,Sheer Force,Normalize)
Ponyta (Desolate Land,No Guard)

A Tier
Ferroseed (Flash Fire,Regenerator,Primordial Sea,Unaware,)
Magnemite (Adaptability,Surge Surfer,Download,Levitate)
Mareanie (Prankster,Volt Absorb,Levitate,Regenerator)
Mienfoo (Tough Claws,Tinted Lens)
Pancham(Triage,Regenerator)
Staryu (Primordial Sea,Sheer Force)

A- Tier
Doduo (Aerilate,Tough Claws,Guts)
Elekid (Electric Surge, Galvanize, Sheer Force)
Grimer-Alola (Levitate,Regenerator)
Spritzee (Regenerator,Unaware,Triage,Sticky Hold)
Swirlix (Unburden,Mold Breaker,Sturdy)

B+ Tier
Chinchou (Primordial Sea,Electric Surge, Regenerator,Levitate)
Clamperl (Swift Swim,Dazzling,Primordial Sea,Motor Drive,Mold Breaker)
Cubone (Surge Surfer,Chlorophyll)
Hippopotas (Intimidate,Stamina,Water Absorb,Sap Sipper)
Honedge (Regenerator,Adaptability,Levitate,Flash Fire)
Kabuto (Sturdy,Mold Breaker)
Omanyte(Dazzling,Sturdy)
Scraggy (Adaptability,Tough Claws)
Snubull (Regenerator,Prankster)
Surskit (Mold Breaker)
Timburr (Magnet Pull,Tough Claws,Triage)
Tirtouga (Volt Absorb, Dazzling, Motor Drive,Tough Claws,Levitate,Regenerator)

B Tier
Croagunk (Adaptability)
Drilbur (Aerilate,Refrigerate)
Dwebble (Dazzling,Skill Link)
Foongus (Regenerator,Prankster,Flash Fire)
Frillish (Adaptability,Volt Absorb)
Houndour (Adaptability,Sheer Force)
Larvesta (Magic Guard,Regenerator)
Onix (Water Absorb,Mold Breaker)
Slowpoke (Volt Absorb)
Zigzagoon (Mold Breaker,Scrappy,Tinted Lens,Sturdy)

B- Tier
Anorith (Skill Link,Sturdy)
Carvanha (Speed Boost,Primordial Sea)
Cranidos (Magic Guard)
Morelull (Prankster)
Munchlax (Regenerator,Scrappy,Unaware)
Rufflet (Aerilate,Tough Claws)
Salandit (Adaptability,Sheer Force,Levitate)
Taillow (Aerilate)

C+ Tier
Amaura (Adaptability,Sheer Force)
Darumaka (Magic Guard, Unburden)
Mankey (Tough Claws)
Nosepass (Regenerator,Sand Stream)
Numel (Desolate Land)

C Tier
Chespin (Regenerator, Flash Fire)
Krabby (Tough Claws,Swift Swim)
Lickitung (Unaware,Regenerator,Unburden)
Magby (Tough Claws,Unburden)
Mime Jr. (Pixilate)
Pumpkaboo-Super (Regenerator,Flash Fire)
Shellos (Volt Absorb,Unaware)
Voltorb (Magic Bounce)

C- Tier
Bronzor (Regenerator,Flash Fire,Unaware)
Klink (Steelworker,Tinted Lens)
Koffing (Regenerator)
Shelmet (Prankster)
Smoochum (Snow Warning)

Last edited:
I would like to share a few sets for LC AAA, to which I have never played so bear in mind my inexperience.

Munchlax @ Figy Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Atk / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Whirlwind
- Toxic
- Return
- Power-Up Punch

Pretty basic set here, but still crazy good. Gets free recovery from Harvest, so you don’t need to waste a slot with recycle. Return does some decent damage there, especially with Power-Up Punch boosts. Munchlax appreciates Toxic on the opponent very much, basically Vintwo in LC. I wasn’t sure about the EVs, but it suggested SpD EVs, so.... /me shrugs.
I think this definitely needs to be higher on viability.

Carvanha @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 196 Atk / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Ice Fang
- Psychic Fangs

This thing’s waterfall hits CRAZY hard. Like, barely anything can stand it, since pretty much all the LC Pokemon with high defense are weak to water. I don’t think there are any viable Pokemon in this meta who can’t get revenge killed by this. Most of the moves are fillers.

Very sorry, my Internet runs out in 3 minutes, so I’m posting this now, might edit in more later.

For LC AAA, why not use Oran Berry instead of Figy Berry? It's 10 HP of healing!
It can also be used. For Munchlax's case, Figy Berry can heal a lot due to its high HP, at the expense of waiting for munchlax to wait on being in 1/4 HP to used it.

Also note : Toxic is rarely useful in most situation on Little Cup due to how low their HP is at level 5. Normal Poison is actually more useful than Badly Poison.

I think I would only update the Viability Ranking on like 2-3 months or longer.

Now I only see a few Abilities that can be useful in LC AAA than in regular AAA or vice versa

Abilities that can be useful in LC AAA, but not in regular AAA.

Sticky Hold : With Knock Offs everywhere, this ability is useful as it allows you to permanently keep your item. Notable user is Spritzee thanks to its high bulk and a Fairy typing

Abilities that aren't useful in LC AAA, but useful in regular AAA.

Poison Heal : Due to how low HP stat at low level, Poison Heal would heal like 2-3 HP per turn, which isn't enough in LC AAA. In addition, most defensive pokemon prefers the bulk provided by Eviolite.

Now for this set :

Mienfoo @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 9 HP
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Drain Punch / Poison Jab

Tough Claws High Jump Kick with Life Orb hits absurdly hard, OHKOing some bulky pokemon, it even 2HKOes Intimidate Hippopotas despite the Attack Drop. Knock Off provides coverage for Ghost-types. U-turn for momentum. For last slot, Drain Punch is a less power, but more reliable STAB and its enough to OHKO frail pokemon while healing Life Orb recoil and Poison Jab is another option to deal with Spritzee. HP is reduce to 19 HP so Life Orb would take 1 HP recoil rather than 2.

Calc :
236 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 60 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Pancham: 21-25 (87.5 - 104.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
236 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 116 HP / 76+ Def Eviolite Vullaby: 19-23 (76 - 92%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
-1 236 Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Mienfoo High Jump Kick vs. 132 HP / 132 Def Eviolite Hippopotas: 12-16 (48 - 64%) -- 96.5% chance to 2HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)