OM Mashup Megathread

What Wall isn’t? Only Sturdinja breaks the mold, and at that point Mold Breaker breaks it.

I like your Munchlax set. I think it’s the best baby Pokémon out there.

What about Imposter as an ability? Top HP of Eviolite viable Pokémon after Chansey... But Chansey doesn’t fancy Little Cup.
#Iggy puns: #Eggy

Meme:
undefined
Some walls are reliant on Eviolite to tank more hits and forgoing that over like Safety Goggles means they will get offensively pressured, unless its a Grass-Type. Strong super-effective damage is actually more threatening here than in regular BH as most are 2HKO,even with Eviolite and some with 4X weakness to certain types are prone to get surprised KOed by unexpected coverage. While everyone in LC does being able to hold Eviolite, I can see the move Knock Off ( One of best moves in Little Cup ) is going to be like everywhere, as a STAB, coverage or utility. Also Defensive Poison Heal is rather mediocre due to healing less HP because of how low their HP is at low level, only heals like 3-4 HP,which it isn't enough and the lack of defensive boost provided by Eviolite. Toxic isn't used much either. Also,there's also like Fur Coat as defensive option and I can also see Sticky Hold being used. Unfortunately, no one in Little Cup can do the same thing as Sturdinja, I don't know if I would consider SturdyJuice Recycle tactics. I do agree Munchlax is the best baby Pokemon in BH LC, reaching highest base HP of 135 (maximum of 33 at level 5), an Attack Stat on par with Pawniard,Ponyta and Mienfoo and a Normal Typing. Though i can see niche Imposter user like Cubone and Clamperl thanks to their signature Item but, Munchlax is definitely one of the best user of Imposter in BH LC. Also that meme though, nice. if only Happiny didn't exist.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Some walls are reliant on Eviolite to tank more hits and forgoing that over like Safety Goggles means they will get offensively pressured, unless its a Grass-Type. Strong super-effective damage is actually more threatening here than in regular BH as most are 2HKO,even with Eviolite and some with 4X weakness to certain types are prone to get surprised KOed by unexpected coverage. While everyone in LC does being able to hold Eviolite, I can see the move Knock Off ( One of best moves in Little Cup ) is going to be like everywhere, as a STAB, coverage or utility. Also Defensive Poison Heal is rather mediocre due to healing less HP because of how low their HP is at low level, only heals like 3-4 HP,which it isn't enough and the lack of defensive boost provided by Eviolite. Toxic isn't used much either. Also,there's also like Fur Coat as defensive option and I can also see Sticky Hold being used. Unfortunately, no one in Little Cup can do the same thing as Sturdinja, I don't know if I would consider SturdyJuice Recycle tactics. I do agree Munchlax is the best baby Pokemon in BH LC, reaching highest base HP of 135 (maximum of 33 at level 5), an Attack Stat on par with Pawniard,Ponyta and Mienfoo and a Normal Typing. Though i can see niche Imposter user like Cubone and Clamperl thanks to their signature Item but, Munchlax is definitely one of the best user of Imposter in BH LC. Also that meme though, nice. if only Happiny didn't exist.
Good Points. But don't forget Magic Bounce, Comatose, etc. so Eviolite can be used.
Sturdy + Pain Split works like Sturdinja. Same with Endeavor + Shell Bell + Sturdy,

Good Points. But don't forget Magic Bounce, Comatose, etc. so Eviolite can be used.
Sturdy + Pain Split works like Sturdinja. Same with Endeavor + Shell Bell + Sturdy,
Oh,that too. I forgot you can used a pokemon lower than level 5 in Little Cup,though the lowest HP a pokemon can reach is 11. Endeavor + Shell Bell + Sturdy might be unreliable due to Shell Bell only heals 1/8 HP of the damage dealth, means you can only heal to full health if you deal at least 80 damage,which no such pokemon can reach that HP at level 5. Sturdy + Pain Split might seems to be working though, but only if the opponent has high enough HP.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Oh,that too. I forgot you can used a pokemon lower than level 5 in Little Cup,though the lowest HP a pokemon can reach is 11. Endeavor + Shell Bell + Sturdy might be unreliable due to Shell Bell only heals 1/8 HP of the damage dealth, means you can only heal to full health if you deal at least 80 damage,which no such pokemon can reach that HP at level 5. Sturdy + Pain Split might seems to be working though, but only if the opponent has high enough HP.
Don’t forget Sturdy + Leech Seed (Ferroseed).
As for Pain Split, you have Leftovers + Baneful Bunker so you go from 1 HP at Sturdy + Leftovers = 2 HP during the Turn you use Pain Split, + Baneful Bunker to stall another turn of Leftovers= 3 HP, and from Pain Split you only need to heal +8 HP, which means your foe needs 15 HP or more (1+15= 16/2 =8) to heal you (Pain Split is for Grass Types immune to Leech Seed), from your 11 HP Diglett :)

Don’t forget Sturdy + Leech Seed (Ferroseed).
As for Pain Split, you have Leftovers + Baneful Bunker so you go from 1 HP at Sturdy + Leftovers = 2 HP during the Turn you use Pain Split, + Baneful Bunker to stall another turn of Leftovers= 3 HP, and from Pain Split you only need to heal +8 HP, which means your foe needs 15 HP or more (1+15= 16/2 =8) to heal you (Pain Split is for Grass Types immune to Leech Seed), from your 11 HP Diglett :)
Hmm... that could actually work. I do like that tactic. It's not like Sturdy is bad here. Some pokemon that can reach 21 HP actually used this alongside Berry Juice to live any hits at full health no matter what its bulk is(except multi-hit moves,Mold Breaker and moves that ignore abilities) and retaliate with strong attacks or guaranteed set-ups like Stealth Rock or Shell Smash. They can also bring Recycle to reuse Berry Juice and reactivate Sturdy.

Oh,by the way, I would like to post a few sets and also another potential Munchlax set in BH LC.

Munchlax @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Level: 5
EVs: 236 HP / 236 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpA / 236 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Knock Off / Spectral Thief
- Spore / Precipice Blades
- Shift Gear

This one can be the same set Regigigas runs in BH. Despite having the slowest Speed in LC, Munchlax is able to outspeed the entire unboosted pokemon after a boost and Jolly Nature. Poison Heal is only used protect itself from Spore while powering-up its STAB, Knock Off is used to removed items like Eviolite and Safety Goggles while hitting Ghost-Types hard. Spectral Thief is alternative move that steals boost from opposing sweepers while still hitting Ghost-types hard. Spore puts its opponent to sleep and works in conjunction with Knock Off. Precipice Blades allows you to hit Rock Type and Steel Types hard.Though the utility provided by Spore is mostly preferred. This Munchlax has lower bulk due to lacking Eviolite so it must not switch-in right away.

Now that Misdreavus and Murkrow are unbanned, i'm going to post their each potential set.

Misdreavus @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Normalize
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 236 SpA / 236 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Quiver Dance
- Entrainment

This is the same set Mega Gengar runs. It differentiate itself from Gastly with its higher speed and greater bulk. Judgment with Spooky Plate gives it a self-Improof. Quiver Dance for sweeping and Entrainment to removed abilities and avoid being damaged. However, It has counters, the most notable and effective one is Toxic, despite being rather mediocre in LC. This is due to Misdreavus lacks a Poison-Typing to avoid being hit by Toxic and puts it on a timer. So, I might see some using Gastly as the preferred Normalize user thanks to its Poison-Type.

Murkrow @ Safety Goggles / Eviolite
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Atk / 180 Def / 236 SpA / 180 SpD / 188 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Boomburst
- Revelation Dance / Knock Off / Precipice Blades

One of good Aerilate user. -Ate FakeSpeed is good along with absurdly strong -ate Boomburst. Revelation Dance allows you to hit Normalize Gastly and Misdreavus hard even they crippled you with Entrainment. Knock Off is a strong STAB and punish its switch-ins by removing their item.Precipice Blades gives Murkrow a great coverage with its Flying STAB.This thing might be hard to Improof defensively and only few like Levitate Bronzor deals with PBlades variant while Sticky Hold Eviolite Pawniard deals with Revelation Dance and Knock Off variants.

Here's some MnM AG Replays from yesterday:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7anythinggoesmixandmega-351318
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/rom-gen7anythinggoesmixandmega-351323

Also just gonna add some substance to this post by talking more about MnM ZU, especially considering that our tour was done without including the latest ZU shifts.

Lapras @ Sceptilite
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Dragon Pulse
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

This is an untested set that I personally think is going to be good. It has a useful ability, good typing and great offenses and bulk. I chose to use a special set here because of Lightning Rod and it's higher SpA, but physical could also be used in pairing with Dragon Dance to boost it's mediocre speed (the only bad stat is has, really.) Surf can be used over Hydro Pump if you want accuracy, Dragon Pulse is STAB, and the other 2 are basically filler because Lapras has a meh movepool.

Rotom-Frost @ Manectite / Alakazite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp / Defog

Another seemingly good all-around pokemon, I hadn't seen any discussion or use of Rotom-Frost and after a bit of thinking I decided these 2 stones were the best options for it. Alakazite and Manectite are very similar, with Manectite giving 10 more SpD and Alakazite 10 more SpA. Because Intimidate is a better ability than Trace, I put Manectite first. The first three moves are classic for Rotom-F, only resisted by other Rotom-F. The last move provides more versatility, so I decided to put Will-O-Wisp to help cripple physical attackers, especially since there are lots of good ones in MnM ZU. Defog is another option to provide hazard control and also boost the accuracy of Blizzard.

Bouffalant @ Charizardite X
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Return / Head Charge
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Ever wanted to 2HKO everything? i havent actually done any calcs im just assuming Well now you can, with the new Charizardite X Bouffalant! Just switch in on a Chatot, Swords Dance, and sweep away! Keep in mind that you're pretty slow so you should avoid Mewtwonite X users, even though your defense and overall bulk is pretty high. You can use Head CHarge if you want, but you'll just die by recoil very quickly so Return is better overall.

Last and least, here's your meme set of the post:
Rotom-Frost @ Houndoominite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Thunder
- Blizzard
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

It's good in every weather except sand now :]

More sets for LC STABmons

Venonat @ Eviolite
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 116 HP / 116 Def / 236 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Baton Pass
- Sleep Powder
- Heal Order

This set mainly focuses on passing Quiver Dance boost to its allies. Sleep Powder puts its opponent to sleep and has 97.5 accuracy thanks to Compoundeyes and gives you more time to set-up or pass the boost safely.Heal Order allows you to regain health and passes more boost. 236 Speed allows you to outspeed the entire unboosted pokemon at +1.The rest are put on HP and Def to set-up more reliably
Venonat @ Eviolite
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Def / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Sleep Powder / Heal Order
- Baton Pass

This is a more offensive set not only passing boost but being able to sweep on its own. Bug Buzz is your main STAB and Tinted Lens allows you to deal double damage on pokemon that resist it. Maximum SpA in order to hit as hard as possible. Do note that Venonat's average SpA means it needs multiple boost to KO bulky pokemon.

Magnemite @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Metal Burst / Flash Cannon
- Recycle
- Flash Cannon / Endure / Doom Desire

Just a standard SturdyJuice, but it can use Metal Burst to KO any pokemon that are attempting to beat Magnemite by using strong neutral hit or super-effective move. Recycle lets you reuse your Berry Juice. The 4th slot is a filler. Endure is used to regain Sturdy if its health is not full. Flash Cannon if you want both Metal Burst and this on same set. Doom Desire, while rather gimmicky, is a very strong move that deals heavy damage to most non-resist. Thunderbolt of another STAB if it wants to stay in Hidden Power Ground is another coverage for opposing Magnemite and Chinchou. A slower variant can be used to KO some other slow pokemon with Metal Burst. Do note Magnemite needs a hazard removal because it dislike its Sturdy getting broken by hazard.

Amaura @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 60 HP / 220 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Stealth Rock
- Blizzard
- Earth Power

As another Aurora Veil setter. Amaura differentiate itself from Vulpix-Alola with its access to Stealth Rock and a better offensive presence thanks it its higher Special Attack and good offensive movepool. Light Clay extend Aurora Veil turn to help the set-up sweeper setting up. A Focus Sash is another option, but leads such as Onix, Dwebble and Ferroseed tends to run Rock Blast and Bullet Seed,making it useless most of the time. Blizzard is your STAB and Earth Power is a great coverage.

Please stop me if i'm posting too much :(

This time, i'm posting some sets for LC AAA.

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws / Tinted Lens
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Tough Claws boost the Base Power of most Mienfoo's moves. High Jump Kick is a very strong 169 BP STAB, capable of 2HKOing bulky pokemon, even some pokemon that can resist it gets 2HKOed after Stealth Rock if they lost their Eviolite . Knock Off lets it remove items from its checks and hits Ghost Types that may want to switch-in hard. U-turn allows it to pivot out and gain momentum. Poison Jab allows Mienfoo to 2HKO Spritzee after Stealth Rock. Tinted Lens is also another option that lets it 2HKO bulky Poison-Types such as Mareanie and Foongus with High Jump Kick if they still have their Eviolite.

Grimer-Alola @ Berry Juice / Eviolite
Ability: Levitate / Regenerator
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab / Gunk Shot
- Fire Punch / Shadow Sneak

Grimer-A Pursuit traps threatening Psychic-Types and Ghost-Types such as Abra and Gastly. Knock Off is a good STAB that allows you to remove items. Poison Jab allows you to hit consistently and has decent chance of poisoning, Gunk Shot is another option for more power. Fire Punch lets it hit Steel-Types,but note that some might carry Flash Fire,notably Ferroseed. Shadow Sneak allows you to beat a weaken opponent. Levitate gives you no weaknesses outside of Mold Breaker Ground move. Regenerator is another option if you want Grimer-A to regain health by switching out. Using Regenerator means you'll always pick Eviolite for added bulk.

Doduo @ Berry Juice
EVs: 236 Atk / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Quick Attack
- Jump Kick
- Knock Off / Sword Dance

Aerilate-Boosted Return lets you hit hard with no drawback. Quick Attack lets you pick off a weakened opponent. Jump Kick allows you to hit Rock-Types and Steel Types hard. Knock Off allows you to hit Honedge hard as Honedge is the only pokemon in LC that resist Flying + Fighting moves, it also removes items from its checks. Sword Dance allows you to sweep late game,but Doduo has hard time setting up due to its frailty.

Abra @ Life Orb / Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting] / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute / Knock Off / Shadow Ball

Psychic Surge gives Abra a boost to its STAB and protects itself from priority. Psychic hits hard thanks to being boosted by the terrain. Dazzling Gleam lets you hit Dark types hard. Hidden Power Fighting lets you KO Pawniard. Hidden Power Fire is for non-Flash Fire Ferroseed. Abra can take advantage of its force switches and set-up Substitute. Knock Off is a high risk,high reward move to remove items to its checks on the switch. Shadow Ball hit bulky Psychic-types hard. Life Orb boost your power. Psychium Z is another option as a one-time nuke, scoring OHKOs on bulky pokemon that can otherwise survived a 1 normal Psychic like Spritzee, Hippopotas and non-Eviolite Munchlax. Terrain Extender is an interesting option to extend the terrain turns.

Omanyte @ Eviolite / Focus Sash
Ability: Dazzling / Queenly Majesty
EVs: 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power / Hidden Power [Electric] / Hidden Power [Grass]

Just Standard Shell Smash Sweeper, Dazzling and Queenly Majesty protects you from priority. At +2, Omanyte can outspeed up to 17 Speed Choice Scarf users (18 Speed Choice Scarf user if running Timid). Hydro Pump is a strong STAB that hits hard, Surf is alternative choice for better accuracy. Ice Beam hits Grass-Types hard. Earth Power gives you a good coverage for Mareanie. Hidden Power Grass and Electric hits Water-Type for super-effective damage and lets your opponent guessing which type it is for their Sap Sipper and Volt Absorb Water-Types to wall it. Eviolite allows you to set-up reliably. Focus Sash is another option, but it needs a hazard removal to keep it intact.

Edit: Updated a few things on Mienfoo and Abra.

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Art by BlueberryBlanket

Welcome to the Pure Hackmons Viability Rankings. This is the first of many resources that are made to help players determine what can be considered viable in the metagame. These rankings are placed in alphabetical order with their abilities sorted in decreasing viability. Anyone is free to put their thoughts on any Pokemon and debate on whether or not they need a rank change as long as they are being reasonable. Provide clear evidence for reasons why a Pokemon should have a change in rank, and be civil about it. We want what we can believe to be the closer to fact than subjective opinions.

Viability Rankings Council:
Disciple_1
Ransei
manu 11

S rank
Chansey
Gengar-Mega
Mewtwo-Mega-X

S- Rank
Aerodactyl-Mega
Blissey
Deoxys-Speed
Zygarde-Complete

A+ Rank
Giratina
Groudon-Primal
Mewtwo-Mega-Y
Rayquaza-Mega

A Rank
Audino-Mega
Regigigas
Sableye-Mega
Scizor-Mega
Slaking
Slowbro-Mega

A- Rank
Doublade
Deoxys-Attack
Greninja-Ash
Gyarados
Meloetta
Muk-Alola
Xerneas

B+ Rank
Alakazam-Mega
Aegislash
Celesteela
Drapion
Gyarados-Mega
Kartana
Lugia
Metagross-Mega
Pheromosa
Registeel
Sceptile-Mega

B Rank
Arceus
Diancie-Mega
Kyurem-Black
Magearna
:necrozma dusk mane:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane

B- Rank
Banette-Mega
Cresselia
Electrode
Kyogre-Primal
Manectric-Mega
Raticate-Alola
Solgaleo
Swampert-Mega
Yveltal

C+ Rank
Articuno

C Rank
Lucario-Mega
Kyurem-White
Zekrom

C- Rank
Ludicolo
Meloetta-Pirouette

*Pokemon that are not ranked are likely because they are either completely outclassed by at least one of the Pokemon on the ranks above or serve virtually no real purpose in the Pure Hackmons metagame.

Below are Pokemon people may consider nominating for a rank but remain unranked solely due to either having an overrated strategy or being completely outclassed.

Entei or really any pure Fire-type (Wonder Guard)
Pure Fire-types in the metagame don't stand very well as Wonder Guards as they for the most part are outclassed by other possible Wonder Guards such as Primal Groudon and Alolan Muk for having similar but less weaknesses, and usually higher defensive stats. However, the main strategy of a Pure Fire-type Pokemon with Wonder Guard is to utilize the move Burn Up, a move that removes a Pokemon's Fire-type after successfully hitting. With many viable Wonder Guards in the metagame, these types of Pokemon should find it hard be able to successfully hit an attack, and even if they do, they can still be forced to switch either by phazing or by matchup, causing them to have to redo their main strategy. It is also worth noting that the ability of Wonder Guards to carry four moves in this metagame is a gift. Most of them use their four moves in order to support, recover themselves, boost stats, inflict status, and/or throw hazards. They're type combination is good enough to handle on their own without the absolute need to provide a move to get rid of their type. Pure Fire-type Pokemon who follow the Burn Up strategy can also struggle more heavily against Mold Breaker/Turboblaze/Teravolt Pokemon or Pokemon that have Photon Geyser or Moongeist Beam, making the entire point of the strategy lose any value it had.

Spiritomb (Wonder Guard)
As of now there really isn't any reason to use this over Mega Sableye. They both are bulky Wonder Guard Pokemon used to wall, allowing them to set up hazards or support with Defog/Wish/Aromatherapy. While Spiritomb does have higher Attack and Speed stats, its speed is still slow to the point where you can't really get much from it and its offensive stats are at a below average base 92, which is just 7 points higher than Mega Sableye. It would be difficult to use this Pokemon offensively.

Last edited:
I have come up with an amazing STABmon Double set! Feast your eyes on this!

Kyurem-Black @ Assault Vest
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Atk / 56 Def / 68 SpA / 80 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Glaciate

Upon becoming Black or White forme, Kyurem will lose Glaciate in favor of Freeze Shock and Ice Burn (respectively). In STABmon Double, Kyurem Black regained that move, which provides speed control just like Icy Wind, but it has 10 more power than it! The others are fairly standard.

.....umm, here's another set.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb/ Icium Z/ Mago Berry
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash/ Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Dance
- Protect

Being a Dragon-type, Kyurem Black gains Dragon Dance, which it normally doesn't get. Icicle Crash and Icicle Spear act as Kyurem Black's go-to Ice-type STAB moves. Additionally, it has the BoltBeam coverage (or BoltIcicle, in this case) with Fusion Bolt, with only a handful of Pokemon actually resisting these two types. However, it now lacks any move to hit Fire- and Steel-type super effectively. Alternatively, Protect can be replaced by Roost, but I don't think an offensive Kyurem Black has the time for recovery.

Hmm... I never seen Doubles Mashup lately, and I don't know much of Doubles yet but... I'm going to post some sets i could think of

BH Doubles

Shedinja @ Lum Berry / Safety Goggles
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Brave Nature
- Endeavor / Pain Split
- Ice Shard
- Follow Me
- Baneful Bunker / Helping Hand / Wide Guard / Instruct / Thousand Waves / Trick Room

Sturdinja seems one of the best support pokemon in this format in my opinion. With 1 HP and Sturdy, it can live almost any hit, and it allows its teammate to freely spam multi-target moves that can also hit their allies as well such as Boomburst from Aerilate Mega Rayquaza. Endeavor puts its opponents to 1 HP,allowing its teammates to finish it off. Pain Split halves opponents HP and hits Ghost Types. Ice Shard picks off a weakened opponent. Follow Me is one of its best moves, allowing it to redirect almost any single-hit moves. The 4th slot is costumizable; Baneful Bunker protects itself and scout for potential Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam and Photon Geyser from opponents. Helping Hand increases damage output from its allies. Wide Guard protects itself and its allies from multi-target moves. Instruct lets its allies use the same move. Thousand Waves provides utility by trapping opponents. Trick Room, while rather gimmicky, is also an option on Trick Room teams and also befenits itself thanks to its low speed. There's a lot of potential moves in 4th slot that sometimes, it could forgo its first 2 moves for another utility moves.

AAA Doubles

Deoxys-Attack @ Psychium Z / Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive / Rash Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Substitute / Ice Beam
- Protect

This thing is going to be much more threatening now. Psychic Surge boost its powerful STAB while giving it an immunity to priority moves. The moves were standard DOU set it uses.

Another sets for AAA LC (and some overview and other option, this time).

Pawniard is one of the best pokemon in LC AAA in my opinion thanks to its good defensive typing, excellent offensive STAB and a strongest Knock Off user. Dark / Steel are only resisted by Carvanha, Houndour and opposing Pawniard, the former 2 were frail and Brick Break completely destroys the latter. Its strong priority Sucker Punch allows it to mitigate its middling speed stat and revenge kill. The nerfs to Prankster helps Pawniard greatly as it lets it not worrying about priority status such as Will-O-Wisp and Spore.

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability / Tough Claws
EVs: 156 Atk / 36 Def / 116 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Brick Break / Swords Dance / Stealth Rock

Knock Off is strong and spammable thanks to its utility of removing items. Iron Head is another STAB with potential flinch chance on slower pokemon and hit most pokemon for neutral damage .Sucker Punch for priority. On 4th slot, Brick Break gives you coverage against opposing Pawniard. Sword Dance turns it into a scary sweeper and a wincon. Stealth Rock is also an option if you don't have a hazard setter.This is just standart set. Eviolite gives it a additional bulk, being able to switch-in on weak or resisted hit while going offensive afterwards. Adaptability is its best choice and Tough Claws is alternative choice if your running Brick Break. This set can also fit on almost any team.

Choice Scarf is an option for Pawniard to revenge kill and clean late-game.Unburden is another option with Berry Juice or Terrain Seed to outspeed nearly anything, including Choice Scarf Users. Its checks are obviously Fighting Types because of its 4x weakness to their STAB and force it out. Timburr can viably run a Magnet Pull set specifically to trap Pawniard and KO it with Mach Punch. However, the Eviolite set can live a Mach Punch without a chip damage. Mienfoo can naturally outspeed Pawniard and KOes it with High Jump Kick. Honestly, I can see some Pokemon running fighting coverage specifically for this, notably Hidden Power Fighting.

I remember someone asked if Kabuto was good in any LC OM but, i forgot who that is (sorry i'm having trouble remembering)
Kabuto is one of few pokemon that gets both Stealth Rock and Rapid Spin, making it one of good leads. Knock Off is also a notable move it gets as it allows it to provide utility by removing items while also hitting ghost-types hard because they can block Rapid Spin. However, Kabuto has a 4-moveslot syndrome, as it can't bring anything it needs. The 3 moves mention above are important to it and can't forgo any of those.

Kabuto @ Berry Juice
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide / Aqua Jet / Waterfall

Just a standard set it runs.Rock Slide lets you hit Fire-Types and Flying-Types hard. Aqua Jet lets you pick off a weakened opponent. Waterfall is another STAB that hits Rock,Ground and Fire types hard. With Sturdy, it allows you to guaranteed set-up stealth rock and Berry Juice allows you to heal full and regain Sturdy again.
Mold Breaker is an option with Focus Sash to set-up stealth rock on a Magic Bounce user, removing items from Sticky Hold user with Knock Off, Picking off a weaken Dazzling/Queenly Majesty user with Aqua Jet and hitting pokemon with Water-Immune abilities with Waterfall.

Zigzagoon's niche is its access to Belly Drum and Extremespeed, with the former maximized its attack and the latter having a +2 priority. However, its lack of bulk makes it hard time setting up. While it was once a good sweeper last gen, Generation 7 introduces Psychic Surge,Dazzling/Queenly Majesty and Triage, which all hurts Zigzagoon because the former 2 prevents it from spamming ExtremeSpeed and the latter outprioritizes it.

Zigzagoon @ Berry Juice
Ability: Scrappy / Mold Breaker / Tinted Lens
EVs: 132 HP / 196 Atk / 108 Def / 28 SpD / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Extreme Speed
- Thief
- Seed Bomb / Protect

Just same set as it runs in LC. Scrappy allows you to hit ghost-types that can wall it. Mold Breaker ignores Dazzling/Queenly Majesty and Sturdy from its opponent. Tinted Lens is also an option, KOing Rock Types and Steel-Types that resist ExtremeSpeed.
Sturdy is an option for guaranteed set-up, but it misses out its ability to hit fast Ghost-types,Rock-types,Steel-types and Dazzling/Queenly Majesty user.

More to come soon and i might post potential sample teams too. I just really like Little Cup.

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
As a request made by someone I'm going to try to post what I think could be among the greatest sets of several Pokemon on the viability rankings. This isn't complete, nor will be for a while, and it is most likely going to have at least plenty of revisions. I welcome you the early stage of Pure Hackmons's Setpedia. I will give what I have for now in the order of ranking. The Pokemon below S rank are in alphabetical order on their ranks whereas the two in S rank are in order of which one is more viable.

Enjoy feasting upon my league of 248 HP mons

All-Out Attacker
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Safety Goggles / Shed Shell / Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power / Pure Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Photon Geyser
- Play Rough / Knock Off / Diamond Storm / Leaf Blade / False Swipe / Sunsteel Strike / Gear Grind*
- Sacred Fire / Drain Punch / Thousand Arrows / Close Combat / Play Rough
- Thousand Arrows / Sacred Fire / Drain Punch / Close Combat / Play Rough
*Under the impression that you are trying to imposterproof

HP/PP Sweeper
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Focus Sash / Safety Goggles
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Photon Geyser
- Close Combat

Parental Bond Sweeper*
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Focus Sash / Safety Goggles
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Photon Geyser
- Play Rough / Thousand Arrows / Substitute
- False Swipe
*Recommended for use with Alolan Muk or Mega Sableye. For best performance, run Fairy-type coverage and Ground-type coverage on separate Pokemon when using this.

Imposter Eviolite
Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
Happiness: 127
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Bold Nature
- Shore Up
- Fake Out / Haze / Whirlwind
- Whirlwind / Haze / U-Turn / Parting Shot
- King's Shield

Imposter Scarf
Chansey @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
Bold Nature
- Shore Up
- Whirlwind
- Parting Shot
- King's Shield

Innards Out*
Chansey @ Safety Goggles / Shed Shell / Figy Berry
Ability: Innards Out
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Shore Up
- Haze
- Final Gambit
- U-turn / Parting Shot / Filler
*Chansey is normally able to take any special attack without any trouble regardless of investment. If Chansey survives a hit, you want it to have as high of HP as possible. [

Shadow Tag
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Encore
- King's Shield
- Perish Song
- Shore Up

All-Out Attacker
Aerodactyl-Mega @ Choice Band
Ability: Mold Breaker / Huge Power / Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Diamond Storm / Sunsteel Strike
- Thousand Arrows
- U-turn

Mold Breaker Sweeper
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Mold Breaker
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Secret Sword

Prankster Copycat
Gengar-Mega @ Spooky Plate
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Copycat
- Lovely Kiss
- Judgment
- Destiny Bond

Quiver Dance Sweeper
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Spooky Plate / Earth Plate / Flame Plate
Ability: Protean / Wonder Guard
Modest Nature
- King's Shield
- Quiver Dance
- Photon Geyser / Secret Sword / Filler
- Judgment / Moongeist Beam

Psychic Surge
Mewtwo-Mega-Y @ Terrain Extender
Jolly Nature
- Volt Switch
- Photon Geyser
- King's Shield
- Light That Burns the Sky

Fur Coat
Zygarde-Complete @ Lum Berry / Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock / Defog / King's Shield
- U-turn
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Magic Curse
Giratina @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Magic Bounce
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Curse
- Shore Up
- Defog / Aromatherapy

Magic Bounce Support
Giratina @ Darkinium Z
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Shore Up
- Aromatherapy
- Parting Shot

Prankster Curse
Giratina @ Ghostium Z
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Curse
- Shore Up
- Destiny Bond / Spore

Aerilate
Rayquaza-Mega @ Sharp Beak / Sky Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Freeze Dry / Grass Knot / Leaf Blade
- Sacred Fire

HP/PP Scarf
Rayquaza-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power / Huge Power
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Trick
- Thousand Arrows
- U-turn / Gear Grind

Triage
Rayquaza-Mega @ Sharp Beak / Sky Plate
Ability: Triage
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Tail Glow
- Earth Power / Filler
- Oblivion Wing

Powder Defogger
Scizor-Mega @ Lum Berry / Safety Goggles
Ability: Wonder Guard
Bold Nature
- Powder
- Defog
- Shore Up
- U-Turn / Parting Shot

Baton Passer
Scizor-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Bold Nature
- Gastro Acid
- Substitute
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass

Scarf Support
Scizor-Mega @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Trick
- Defog
- U-turn

WoW Pow
Scizor-Mega @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Powder
- Shore Up
- Magic Coat

Wish Support
Scizor-Mega @ Shed Shell
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Magic Coat
- Defog
- King's Shield / Spiky Shield

The Classic
Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Gastro Acid
- Sheer Cold / Fissure
- Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes / Magic Coat

Scarf No Guard
Deoxys-Speed @ Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Gastro Acid
- Sheer Cold / Fissure
- Trick

Scarf Comatose
Deoxys-Speed @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Comatose
Timid Nature
- Sleep Talk
- Filler*
- Filler*
- Whirlwind
*Moves recommended as fillers are the ones Sleep Talk can't draw out.

Surprise!!! I'm Antimeta!
Deoxys-Speed @ Safety Goggles / Lum Berry / Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt / King's Shield
- Will-O-Wisp
- Magic Coat
- Copycat

Mold Breaker Sweeper
Groudon-Primal @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker / Teravolt / Turboblaze
Adamant Nature / Naive Nature
- Shell Smash
- Thousand Arrows
- V-create
- Spore

IT'S A TRAP
Groudon-Primal @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Trick
- Sacred Fire / V-create
- Thousand Arrows
- Gear Grind

Imposterproof
Groudon-Primal @ Earth Plate
Naive Nature
- Anchor Shot
- Judgment
- Lava Plume
- Shell Smash

Wonder Guard Sweeper
Palkia @ Safety Goggles / Pixie Plate / Flame Plate
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Shell Smash / Quiver Dance
- Moongeist Beam
- Spacial Rend
- Spore / Judgment

Mold Breaker Improof
Regigigas @ Safety Goggles
Happiness: 0 / 255
Adamant Nature / Naive Nature
- Frustration / Return
- Spectral Thief
- Shell Smash
- Spore

Prankster
Sceptile-Mega @ Darkinium Z / Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Spore
- Copycat
- Parting Shot
- Destiny Bond

Wish Support
Meloetta (F) @ Safety Goggles / Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Defog
- Parting Shot / Volt Switch

Baton Passer
Meloetta @ Shed Shell
Timid Nature / Bold Nature
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Shell Smash
- Baton Pass

Wonder Guard Pursuit
Muk-Alola @ Air Balloon
Impish Nature
- Pursuit
- Magic Coat / Stealth Rock / Will-o-Wisp
- Shore Up
- U-turn

King's Shield Support
Sableye-Mega @ Lum Berry / Safety Goggles
Calm Nature
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp
- Aromatherapy
- King's Shield

Imposterproof
Xerneas @ Iron Plate
Modest Nature / Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Judgment
- Lava Plume
- Freeze Dry / Moonblast

Wish Support
Xerneas @ Shed Shell / Safety Goggles
Calm Nature / Bold Nature
- Wish
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Whirlwind / Parting Shot / U-Turn

Idk What's Going On
Yveltal @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Unaware
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Shore Up
- Spectral Thief
- Whirlwind

Prankster Wish
Aegislash @ Safety Goggles
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Haze
- Spiky Shield / King's Shield
- Destiny Bond

HP/PP Scarf
Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature / Adamant Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Trick
- Thousand Arrows
- Sacred Fire

FC WoW
Lugia @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost / Shore Up
- Whirlwind
- Parting Shot / U-Turn

Mold Breaker Pivot
Pheromosa @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Sunsteel Strike / Gunk Shot / Ice Beam

Pixie Warrior
Diancie-Mega @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Extreme Speed
- Grass Knot
- False Swipe

Gyaradosite Sweeper
Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash / Shift Gear
- Substitute / Taunt / Magic Coat
- Waterfall / Magic Coat / Taunt / Magic Coat
- Power Trip

Icy Fakespeed
Kyurem-Black @ Never-Melt Ice
Ability: Refrigerate
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- King's Shield
- Pursuit / Boomburst

HP/PP Sneakband
Banette-Mega @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Fire
- Sunsteel Strike / Gear Grind
- Diamond Storm

HP/PP Sash
Banette-Mega @ Focus Sash
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 HP
- Sacred Fire
- Diamond Storm
- Sunsteel Strike / Gear Grind
- Pursuit / Shadow Sneak

Status Giver
Cresselia @ Shed Shell
Bold Nature
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Shore Up
- Will-O-Wisp

Wonder Guard Pursuit
Gyarados-Mega @ Safety Goggles
Careful Nature / Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Shore Up
- Pursuit
- Magic Coat

Sturdy/Regen
Solgaleo @ Safety Goggles / Lum Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy / Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock / Defog
- King's Shield / Nuzzle / Will-o-Wisp
- Shore Up / Will-o-Wisp
- U-Turn / Parting Shot

Wonder Guard Support
Swampert-Mega @ Shed Shell
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Defog
- Aromatherapy
- Whirlwind

HP/PP Sweeper
Necrozma-Dusk-Mane @ Safety Goggles
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Sunsteel Strike
- Spore
- Substitute

Mold Breaker Sweeper
Garchomp-Mega @ Safety Goggles / Lum Berry
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear
- Thousand Arrows
- Sacred Fire
- Dragon Hammer

Focus Sash Endeavor
Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sturdy / Magic Guard / Aerilate / Pixilate / Refrigerate / Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard / Shadow Sneak / Extreme Speed
- Recycle
- Magic Coat / Filler

Levitate
Froslass @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Magic Coat
- U-turn
- Shore Up

Magic Bounce
Froslass @ Air Balloon
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- King's Shield / Magic Coat
- U-turn
- Shore Up

You can tell how small item variety is in this metagame.

Last edited:
I originally only wanted to do just three STABmon Doubles or so, but I ended up doing more than what I intended...

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Follow Me/ Whirlwind/ Heal Pulse
- Softboiled

Chansey with Transform is dumb. Usually, it would transform into its partner, but Chansey can transform into one of its opponents if you want to. A transformed Chansey would retain its high HP, Eviolite boosts, and any of the Pokemon stats changes.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf/ Groundium Z/Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD/ 252 Spe
- High Horsepower/ Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent/ Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Superpower/ Knock Off

That's what our best friend Landorus-Therian would do in STABmon Doubles. High Horsepower or Precipice is more preferable since they don't target an ally and having its power reduced by Grassy Terrain. There aren't that many Pokemon that's weak to Flying now, but Dragon Ascent or Brave Bird is still a powerful option as they are boosted by STAB and it has fantastic neutral coverage. There are some other sets that Landorus could run, such as being a bulky Tailwind setter.

Thundurus-Incarnate @ Psychic Seed/Misty Seed/Electrium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/ 252 Spe
- Bolt Strike
- Acrobatics/ Dragon Ascent
- Tailwind/ Taunt/ Knock Off/ Superpower
- Protect/ Roost (if seed)

Sick and tired of Landorus-Therian and Incineroar? Fear not! Here's Thundurus! With Defiant, Thundurus would receive an attack boost from Intimidate instead. Thundurus also gets some nice physical moves such as Bolt Strike and Acrobatics, which it normally cannot learn. A bulkier spread can be used if you want to.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
- Heavy Slam/Sunsteel Strike
- Ice Punch/ Psychic Fangs
- Stomping Tantrum
- Protect

Mega Metagross appreciate Heavy Slam as it would be 120 power on most target on top of getting the Tough Claws boost. Sunsteel Strike is weaker, but it can negate abilities. If it's paired with Tapu Lele, Mega Metagross can opt for Psychic Fangs as the terrain boosts its power on top of the Tough Claws boost.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf/ Psychium Z
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
- Photon Geyser/ Psycho Boost
- Hyperspace Hole
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball/ Protect

Photon Geyser acts as Tapu Lele main source of attack with the added bonus of negating ability. Psycho Boost is more powerful, but it harshly drops its Special Attack after use. Hyperspace Hole breaks protection moves, making it a valued arsenal for Tapu Lele. Dark-type does have access to Hyperspace Fury, but they can't use it unless their name is Hoopa Unbound. Protect is for those that are holding Psychium Z while Shadow Ball is for Choice Scarf.

Last edited:
I originally only wanted to do just three STABmon Doubles or so, but I ended up doing more than what I intended...

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Healer
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 4 SpD
- Fake Out
- Transform
- Follow Me/ Whirlwind/ Heal Pulse
- Softboiled

Chansey with Transform is dumb. Usually, it would transform into its partner, but Chansey can transform into one of its opponents if you want to. A transformed Chansey would retain its high HP, Eviolite boosts, and any of the Pokemon stats changes.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf/ Flyinium Z
- High Horsepower/ Precipice Blades
- Dragon Ascent/ Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Superpower/ Knock Off

That's what our best friend Landorus-Therian would do in STABmon Doubles. Not much else to talk about this set, though there are some other sets that Landorus could run, such as a bulky Tailwind set.

Thundurus-Incarnate @ Psychic Seed/Misty Seed/Electrium Z
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/ 252 Spe
- Bolt Strike
- Acrobatics/ Dragon Ascent
- Tailwind/ Taunt/ Knock Off/ Superpower
- Protect

Sick and tired of Landorus-Therian and Incineroar? Fear not! Here's Thundurus! With Defiant, Thundurus would receive an attack boost from Intimidate rather than get lowered by it. Thundurus also gets some nice physical moves such as Bolt Strike and Acrobatics, which it normally doesn't have. A bulkier spread can be used if you want to.

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
- Heavy Slam/Sunsteel Strike
- Photon Geyser
- Ice Punch
- Protect

Mega Metagross appreciate Heavy Slam as it would be 120 power on most target on top of getting the Tough Claws boost. Sunsteel Strike is weaker, but it can negate abilities. While Photon Geyser is actually weaker than a Tough Claws boosted Zen Headbutt, its reliable accuracy, and being able to negate ability makes it a better choice over it. Fairly standard otherwise.

Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z/ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 252 Spe
- Photon Geyser/ Psycho Boost
- Hyperspace Hole
- Moonblast
- Protect/ Shadow Ball

Photon Geyser acts as Tapu Lele main source of attack with the added bonus of negating ability. Psycho Boost is more powerful, but it harshly drops its Special Attack after use. Hyperspace Hole breaks protection moves, making it a valued arsenal for Tapu Lele. Dark-type does have access to Hyperspace Fury, but they can't use it unless their name is Hoopa Unbound. Protect is for those that are holding Psychium Z while Shadow Ball is for Choice Scarf.
Hyperspace Hole can only be used by Hoopa, even if technically legal.

Edit- Ignore this lol

Last edited:
I'm posting 3 samples team for LC AAA. (Note : This is a newly-made team and haven't used yet)

Kabuto @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Dazzling
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Doduo @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Protect

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Chinchou @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 52 Def / 228 SpA / 220 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Volt Switch

Omanyte is your main sweeper, and appreciates Knock Off support from Kabuto,Mienfoo,Doduo and Pawniard. Kabuto is your lead to set-up Stealth Rock and remove opposing hazards. Guts Doduo wallbreaks for Omanyte and scores a huge amount of OHKOs if Stealth Rock are up. Mienfoo is your revenge killer and late-game cleaner and provides momentum with U-turn. Pawniard removes items with a strong Knock Off and your alternate wincon with Sword Dance. Lastly Chinchou adds to the Voltturn core alongside Mienfoo.

Kabuto @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Waterfall

Abra @ Psychium Z
EVs: 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Substitute

Mienfoo @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Poison Jab

Doduo @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Protect

Pawniard @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 236 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Brick Break
- Swords Dance

Wingull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Kabuto is Mold Breaker to set-up rocks on Magic Bounce user and spins aways hazards. Abra sets up Psychic Terrain and protects its teammate from priorities, Psychium Z was chosen because it allows Abra to OHKO 25 HP and 21 Special Defense pokemon(24 Special Defense if rocks are up). Mienfoo is your revenge killer, Tinted Lens allows you to 2HKO some bulky Poison Types such as Mareanie. Doduo wallbreaks for its teammates. Unburden Pawniard is your main sweeper. Finally, Wingull provides a Fighting-Type check for Pawniard and provides momentum alongside Mienfoo. I know someone already uses Unburden Pawniard, and it was great

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Ponyta @ Eviolite
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 156 Def / 76 SpA / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Hippopotas @ Eviolite
EVs: 132 HP / 20 Atk / 132 Def / 180 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Slack Off

Pancham @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 60 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt
- Parting Shot

Vullaby @ Eviolite
EVs: 196 HP / 76 Def / 236 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Mienfoo sweeps through team with Sword Dance and Baton Pass allows it to pass boost to its allies. Desolate Land Ponyta act as a Scald and Will-O-Wisp Sponge of this team. Hippopotas provides Stealth Rock and Synergizes well with Ponyta.The next two were both Regen pivots, where Pancham weakens opponent offensive stats and Vullaby removes hazards with Defog. Lastly Pawniard acts as another sweeper.

More to come soon.

Edit : Change a few things:
- Changed Omanyte's Hidden Power to Earth Power on 1st team
- Changed Chinchou's Ability Electric Surge to Primordial Sea and Thunderbolt to Thunder on 1st team
- Changed Pancham's EVs from 180 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe to 60 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 212 SpD / 12 Spe on 3rd team

Last edited:

Ransei

Garde Mystik
Going a bit off topic today, this post I made is about two various sets for Kanto Pokemon I have used in STAAABmons.

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Diamond Storm
- Roost
- Earthquake

Aerodactyl is a heavily blessed Pokemon in STABmons + Almost Any Ability not only due to the fantastic STAB moves it can learn from both its typings but for the ability it is given to maximize its potential from these STAB moves. Adaptability Dragon Ascent is a lifelong dream came true for Aerodactyl since it has always wanted to do significantly more with its Attack stat. Because its speed is well above average it is able to showcase its divine STAB boosts to the majority of Pokemon usable in STAAABmons, leaving many others only to feel jealous. Dragon Ascent is a hard hitting 120 BP move given to Aerodactyl, who fairly enough wields a nigh subpar base 105 Attack stat. Its base 105 Attack stat is easily overshadowed by not only the Adaptability trait which makes Dragon Ascent carry a BP almost equivalent to a non STAB Explosion attack, but also by the Choice Band that turns Aerodactyl's base 105 Attack into an all out beast who makes even Kartana look sad when it relies solely on raw Attack. This is not all for the benefits Aerodactyl has received! It finally has great Adaptability-boosted STAB move to replace the dreadful Stone Edge! Diamond Storm is a move that not only supplies 95% accuracy but it also gives a 50% chance of raising the user's Defense stat by 2, initially doubling its defense! Because of this, it's an almost unavoidable move for Rock-type Pokemon to use in combat! Unfortunately this is where the perks end and it returns to its normal self. Choice Band Aerodactyl is given Roost as you (the player) have no desire for this mighty wallbreaker to fall in defeat and Earthquake was given to help provide coverage to fend off against Steel-type Pokemon who resist Dragon Ascent and Diamond Storm.

Chansey @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Transform
- Seismic Toss
- Wish
- Protect

I'm gonna admit it. This set is pure evil! This Magic Bounce Chansey with Eviolite is more wicked than many players would initially think, and it all comes because of one move and its own ability. This Chansey is specifically made to become a Wish supporter whose opponents cannot throw hazards on or Taunt, leaving hardly anything to stop Chansey from using Wish. Despite Wish being a usable move on this Pokemon, the main move people struggle against is Transform. Transform allows the player to reverse sweeps entirely by transforming into a sweeping Pokemon with stat boosts and living to take a hit so it can retaliate harder than a Mega Diancie's forehead. Aside from its two main moves, it also has moves it is able to use in order to support itself in its well-being. Protect is used when Chansey decides it wants to grant a wish for itself. It helps Chansey retain HP for the time being and if Wish was used in the previous turn, the retained HP would rise back up by the end of Protect. The only move left to mention is Seismic Toss, which is just there for the sake of pulling off hefty amounts of damage to rather bulkier Pokemon if transformation isn't the better option.

Any thoughts and how they can be revised, or even what other Pokemon would be able to work with Aerodactyl and Chansey in STABmons + Almost Any Ability? Let us know by sharing!

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Some sets I have been using in some STAAABmons tours:

Rotom-Wash @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpA / 48 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Steam Eruption
- Blue Flare / Seed Flare
- Ice Beam / Freeze Dry

RegenVest Rotom-W is quite the cool tech even if if can't utilize moves off of its dense utility movepool such as Strength Sap, Defog, and WIll-O-Wisp. With the added special bulk, it can take on certain threats much better such as Noivern, Magearna, and Togekiss much better. The given Speed lets it outpace max Speed base 50 and below while a Modest nature is given to make it pack a bit more of a punch. Rotom-W's coverage makes it that it really has a select few of reliable switchins apart from dedicated speciall walls such as Chansey and Alolan-Muk. The set can really be customized to what Rotom-W is needed to check too btw thanks to its great movepool, solid mon overall.

Zygarde @ Toxic Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Poison Heal / Magic Bounce
EVs: 188 HP / 132 Atk / 40 Def / 72 SpD / 76 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shore Up
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute / Dragon Tail

Zygarde is uber busted in this metagame given how its already extremely potent in both STABmons and AAA. Now it can combine the recovery it gets from Shore Up with abilities such as Poison Heal and Magic Bounce to turn it into an incredibly difficult setup sweeper to properly stop. Not sure what the given EV spread does exactly but yeh if anything should be considered to be banned in this meta it would be this thing imo as it can easily just win games from team preview. Other options such as offensive Adaptability Z-Move and Choice Band are also viable options as well that I wanna test.

How about some Mix and Mega doubles sets for a change of pace? Do note that ROM version of MnM doubles uses the single version banlist, so you cannot mega evolve Rayquaza, can't put two Pokemon to sleep, and Electricfy is still banned.

Tapu Fini @ Banettite
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Def / 164 SpD
Bold Nature
- Swagger
- Heal Pulse
- Nature's Madness
- Protect

Probably should ban Swagger in Mix and Mega Doubles. Misty Terrain makes grounded Pokemon not being confused by Swagger. Prankster gives Swagger +1 priority, allowing its partner to gain attack boost before they attack. Do note that Dark-type Pokemon are not immune to Prankster move used by its ally, so you can use it freely on anything as long as they are not Flying-type or have Levitate. Alternatively, Tapu Fini can use Swagger on any of its foes, and Marshadow can fetch the attack boost with Spectral Thief (it can't mega evolve though).

Rayquaza-Mega @ Life Orb/ Focus Sash
Ability: Delta Stream
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed
- V-create/ Waterfall
- Protect

Behold, the ever dreaded Mega Rayquaza! It's a standard Mega Rayquaza set, Waterfall can be used to score a surprise KO to Primal Groudon. Not much else to say other than Mega Rayquaza is available to wreak havoc in Mix And Mega Double.

Stakataka @ Heracronite
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Rock Blast
- Trick Room
- Protect

While you might have seen Heracronite Stakataka in regular Mix and Mega before, this might work better with Doubles' demand of speed control being higher. It can unleash powerful Gyro Ball with its 191 Attack and 3 Speed. Rock Blast is used to take advantage of its newly gained Skill Link ability. Rock Slide can be chosen over Rock Blast if one needs a spread attack, but it's much weaker compared to 5 hits Rock Blast.

Zapdos @ Manectite
Ability: Pressure/ Static
EVs: 240 HP / 120 Def / 32 SpA / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Tailwind/ Thunderbolt
- Roost

Is someone having trouble with physical attackers? Manecite Zapdos got you covered! The demand for Intimidate is also higher in Doubles, so Zapdos with Manecite can fit the role easily with a reliable recovery move in Roost, providing speed control with Tailwind, and it can hit and run with Volt Switch. My EV spread could be bad, so you might want to replace it with a spread that you prefer.

Heliolisk @ Sceptilite
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hyper Voice
- Electrify
- Protect

Unlike the rest, this is more of a novelty rather than a recommendation. Electrify only affects one Pokemon at a time, leaving it and its partner wide open to the other foe's move. Also, Electric-type spread move still hits the ally even with Heliolisk's Lightning Rod. I honestly won't be seeing the move banned in Mix and Mega Doubles anytime soon unless you're playing the ROM version.

I suppose you can try pairing it with Transform Mew or Ground-type Pokemon, but there's always speed control and priority moves.

Quick posting for STABmon Uber
Before the sets, I notice that the tour code still uses OU Clause, in which the Arena Trap and Shadow Tag are still banned. I'm not sure if people want it to keep it banned but. In my opinion, Dugtrio would still likely the same as it was in Ubers, except getting a stronger but middling accuracy STAB in Precipice Blades. The chances of miss is detrimental to it and will likely die from like any attacks. This isn't enough to warrant an unban to Arena Trap though. Now for Shadow Tag's case, i'm not sure if we would keep it banned. Now I'm going to post the 2 Shadow Tag user's set.Also, note that you can still used Mega Gengar in STABmon Uber by using Regular Gengar holding Gengarite.

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Sludge Wave
- Icy Wind / Focus Blast / Acid Spray
- Taunt / Substitute

Just a simple set. Mega Gengar can also run Acid Spray to punish bulky pokemon that would switch into it before it Mega Evolves. It can also eliminate Chansey easier in conjuction with taunt. Acid Spray followed by Sludge Wave also KOes non-specially defensive Yveltal.

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Stored Power

Yes,indeed. This is the same set Wynaut runs in STABmons LC before Shadow Tag got banned. Honesty, I might see using Gothitelle over Wobbuffet due to its higher Special Attack that allowed it to score some KOes on pokemon that resisted 380 BP Stored Power such as Celesteela.
I'm not sure if this would be the reason for banning, and Yveltal is commonly used Dark-Type pokemon in Uber.

I chose Keep Skill Link. I find some pokemon lacking a good coverage or struggles to switch-in safely like Anorith and Swinub.
Now I'm starting to realized that Skill Link is slightly broken, this is due that multi-hit moves surprisingly hits hard on low level. I'm going to post some potential abuser of this ability.

Anorith's high attack and good speed tier makes it one of the common abuser of Skill Link thanks to its access to Rock Blast. And couple with Life Orb, it is able to 2HKO nearly any unresisted pokemon without any boost.

Calc :
236 Atk Life Orb Anorith Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 212 HP / 196+ Def Eviolite Spritzee: 20-25 (74 - 92.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5)

236 Atk Life Orb Anorith Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 196 HP / 236 Def Eviolite Nosepass: 20-25 (90.9 - 113.6%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
Possible damage amounts: (4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5)

With 5 hits, it deals total minimum of 20 Damage. Even the highest Defense that didn't resist Rock, Nosepass, gets 2HKOed
Only Bulky Rock-resisted pokemon can reliably switch-in to it, but its access to Knock Off means they get crippled by losing their Eviolite (unless you run like Sticky Hold) and deal this damage.

Calc :
236 Atk Life Orb Anorith Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 84 HP / 108+ Def Ferroseed: 15-20 (68.1 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4)

236 Atk Life Orb Anorith Rock Blast (5 hits) vs. 132 HP / 132 Def Hippopotas: 15-20 (60 - 80%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Possible damage amounts: (3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4)

Rock-resisted without Eviolite deals total minimum of 15 Damage. It would seem that the ability Stamina is able to counter Skill Link due to being able to increased its defense per hit, and the fact all multi-hit moves available are all physical attacks. Now for the other user and their respective multi-hit move.

Icicle Spear user :

Bullet Seed user :

Arm Thrust user :

Other Rock Blast user :

The listed above can also use Skill Link decently and deal minimum of 15 Damage unresisted without Life Orb. However, most of them have middling speed tier and are reliant on Choice Scarf to outspeed the entire unboosted pokemon. In Onix's case, it faces competition from Anorith thanks to its higher attack, slightly faster and access to Knock Off, It can also deal higher damage on some resisted non-eviolite pokemon like being able to KO Ferroseed with Life Orb Knock Off followed by 5 Rock Blast.

In conclusion, i think that Skill Link is still fine and should KEEP it. The introduction of Stamina can help counter this ability. Anorith is rather frail and reliant on Rock Blast for high damage. It is suspectible to get revenge killed by a Choice Scarf user or some strong priority. It is also suspectible to get crippled by a status such are burn and paralysis.

Now What is your opinion about this ability in LC AAA? Please post it on the thread.

Hi guys, i’m very interested in OM Mashups, and when I decided to join a Stab N’ Mega tour, I created this team which Mark K edited slightly, and i’m wondering if you can rate it. Here it is:
Landorus-Therian @ Lucarionite
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Shaymin-Sky @ Absolite
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Sleep Powder
- Oblivion Wing
- Roost

Celesteela @ Blue Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Beak Blast
- King's Shield
- Defog

Volcarona @ Red Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Roost
- Substitute
- Blue Flare

Excadrill @ Pinsirite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Sunsteel Strike
- Frustration
- Stealth Rock

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Egg Bomb
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Hi guys, i’m very interested in OM Mashups, and when I decided to join a Stab N’ Mega tour, I created this team which Mark K edited slightly, and i’m wondering if you can rate it. Here it is:
Landorus-Therian @ Lucarionite
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Ascent
- Precipice Blades
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Shaymin-Sky @ Absolite
Ability: Serene Grace
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Sleep Powder
- Oblivion Wing
- Roost

Celesteela @ Blue Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Beak Blast
- King's Shield
- Defog

Volcarona @ Red Orb
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Roost
- Substitute
- Blue Flare

Excadrill @ Pinsirite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Sunsteel Strike
- Frustration
- Stealth Rock

Snorlax @ Aggronite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Milk Drink
- Egg Bomb
- Toxic
- Heal Bell
Aggronite Snorlax doesn't seem to be really good, Normal/Steel isn't a good defensive typing, and Egg Bomb as your main attacking move is also bad, considering its 75% acc and there are better Normal type moves such as Return. There are better defensive Normal-Type like Sablenite Blissey. Though the rest of the team is fine, you just need to change Snorlax, thats all. (I don't know if Sablenite Curselax is still mediocre)

Now for BH LC
I personally feel that the beginning banlist is too restrictive for a meta based on Balanced Hackmons. I am going to unban Murkrow and Misdreavus for now. This leaves the Pokemon banlist as Scyther, Gligar, Type: Null, and Sneasel, none of which I'm remotely interested in unbanning as all essentially have the same problem of too many damn stats. (If I forgot anything that's on the banlist it is remaining banned and please tell me so I can add it)
Both Murkrow and Misdreavus are still on the banlist. Please update it and also, include Poipole as well due to having an evolution (Naganadel) and being obtainable to this format similar to Type:Null. And oh, now that Illusion is banned in BH, we should ban this as well here. Now for this set

Murkrow @ Safety Goggles
EVs: 196 HP / 236 Atk / 180 Def / 236 SpA / 180 SpD / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Spore
- Dragon Ascent
- Close Combat / King's Shield / U-turn

This set can be annoying to deal with. Murkrow abuses the best move in Little Cup, Knock Off. It lets it removed important item such as Eviolite and Safety Goggles. Knock Off is actually more high rewarding here than in regular BH, because most pokemon are reliant on item to perform effectively. It also deals a good damage coming from its good Attack Stat and STAB. Now Spore is an annoying move and puts its opponent to sleep, and in conjunction with Knock Off, it can be hard to switch into. Dragon Ascent is your other STAB and hits Grass-Types that are immune to Spore hard. Dark / Flying is a great offensive combination, being both resisted by only Pawniard. which can be quite easily dealt with a Fighting move like Close Combat. King's Shield helps you scout Fake Out users. Other protection move can be used to protect itself from status as well. U-turn lets you preserved momentum. Mold Breaker is preferred due to being able to removed items from Sticky Hold users and able to Spore on Magic Bounce user. Murkrow can be able to do this thanks to its blazing speed, reaching the 2nd fastest unboosted speed tier and only outsped by Diglett, Elekid , Voltorb and Yanma. Though this set won't work on tour as long as Sleep Clause is still active.

Oh, by the way. I noticed that the LC AAA doesn't have Drifloon listed. Please include this as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)