Project OM Mashup Megathread

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Mix and Mega LC and STABmons Ubers have been on an ongoing leading tie since the initial deadline. Due to this the OM Mashup Spotlight voting deadline has been extended to tonight at 11:59 PM EST (March 17th). CAAAmomons has also been removed from the voting process due to having the least amount of votes.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Mix and Mega LC and STABmons Ubers have been on an ongoing leading tie since the initial deadline. Due to this the OM Mashup Spotlight voting deadline has been extended to tonight at 11:59 PM EST (March 17th). CAAAmomons has also been removed from the voting process due to having the least amount of votes.
STABmons Ubers has won our new spotlight! Thank you to everyone who voted, and I look forward to a good month.

Some thing to note about the STABmons Uber: This is Natdex version with some restriction:

"ONLY POKEMON ARE FREED. THIS IS NOT THE SAME AS NATDEX OU."

This mean we can used the pokemon that aren't in Galar, but not the unreleased/unclickable/removed moves such as Shore Up, Steam Eruption and Hidden Power. Even native users can't used their signature moves due to it being unclickable such as Xerneas' Geomancy, Ho-oh's Sacred Fire and Zygarde's Thousand Arrows.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
The Number Man has agreed to take on the role of tier leader of STAAABmons.

We are lucky to have a user who has proven themselves to be both a level-headed and active staff member and an absolutely terrifying opponent in battle. Congratulations to TNM, I'm sure you'll do great with the metagame.

While we discussed the possibility of a council we are going to hold off for now. Whether that happens in the future will be largely up to the new TL ;)

In STABmon Uber:

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade / Play Rough
- Wild Charge
- Close Combat
- Play Rough / Substitute / Swords Dance / Crunch
This thing is still strong. First, there's no Pdon or Arc-Ground. It has the bulk and typing equivalent to offensive Magearna. Its stupidly fast and a huge Attack stat with a +1 boost everytime it comes in. Wild Charge is a thing coming from Natdex AG to deal with Ho-oh.

Losing Shore Up has a huge impact to Zygod's longevity, plus no Tarrows means Flying-types have easier time switching into it.

Blaziken is still Blaziken, but without a Mega. Sadly, it can't outspeed Jolly Zacian-c at +1.

Marshadow now gets No Retreat, and it can't be trapped by the move due to being a Ghost-type, but the boost can only be used once.

Edit: Forgot to include this:
Updated STABmon Uber(NatDex) tour code

Last edited:
Okay, it took way too long, but we finally have a viability ranking for STAB 'n' Mega for the Post-Home meta!

S Rank

:arcanine:Arcanine (Altarianite, Pinsirite)
:lunala:Lunala (Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, Leftovers)
:rotom-heat:Rotom-Heat (Banettite, Charizardite Y, Latiasite)

A+ Rank

:necrozma-dusk-mane:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane (Leftovers, Life Orb)
:silvally:Silvally (Absolite, Ampharosite, Gyaradosite)
:terrakion:Terrakion (Aerodactylite, Diancite, Lucarionite, Metagrossite)
:umbreon:Umbreon (Audinite, Sablenite)

A Rank

:corviknight:Corviknight (Sablenite, Venusaurite)
:darmanitan:Darmanitan (Lopunnite)
:dragapult:Dragapult (Absolite, Diancite, Pinsirite)
:snorlax:Snorlax (Aggronite, Banettite, Sablenite)

A- Rank

:chandelure:Chandelure (Charizardite Y, Houndoominite, Lucarionite)
:cinderace:Cinderace (Lopunnite)
:excadrill:Excadrill (Pinsirite, Scizorite)
:ferrothorn:Ferrothorn (Sablenite, Venusaurite)
:hippowdon:Hippowdon (Slowbronite, Venusaurite)
:lucario:Lucario (Altarianite, Lopunnite, Pinsirite)
:mandibuzz:Mandibuzz (Sablenite)
:rotom-wash:Rotom-Wash (Absolite, Banettite, Diancite, Latiasite)
:toxapex:Toxapex (Banettite, Latiasite)

B+ Rank

:glaceon:Glaceon (Glalitite)
:gyarados:Gyarados (Audinite, Lucarionite, Salamencite)
:mew:Mew (Absolite, Diancite, Lopunnite, Manectite, Sablenite)
:rhyperior:Rhyperior (Heracronite, Scizorite)
:shedinja:Shedinja (Focus Sash, Heavy-Duty Boots, Safety Goggles)
:vaporeon:Vaporeon (Audinite, Pinsirite)

B Rank

:darmanitan-galar:Darmanitan-Galar (Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Mewtwonite X)
:dracovish:Dracovish (Sharpedonite, Swampertite)
:hydreigon:Hydreigon (Absolite, Blastoisinite, Cameruptite, Diancite)
:jolteon:Jolteon (Charizardite Y, Lucarionite, Pinsirite)
:mantine:Mantine (Audinite)
:reshiram:Reshiram (Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, Leftovers, Life Orb)
:rotom-fan:Rotom-Fan (Banettite, Cameruptite)
:shuckle:Shuckle (Ampharosite, Gyaradosite)
:sylveon:Sylveon (Sablenite, Venusaurite)

B- Rank

:keldeo:Keldeo (Lucarionite)
:kyurem-white:Kyurem-White (Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, Leftovers)
:mamoswine:Mamoswine (Heracronite, Scizorite)
:pelipper:Pelipper (Damp Rock)
:weezing-galar:Weezing-Galar (Ampharosite)
:zamazenta:Zamazenta (Choice Scarf)
:zekrom:Zekrom (Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Leftovers)

C Rank

:braviary:Braviary (Lopunnite)
:dracozolt:Dracozolt (Aerodactylite, Metagrossite)
:hatterene:Hatterene (Sablenite)
:orbeetle:Orbeetle (Sablenite)
:toxtricity:Toxtricity (Aerodactylite, Pinsirite)

Spheal Rank (stuff that only spheal has been able to use)

:lanturn:Lanturn (Aggronite)

Last edited:
now that my r1 tour game is through, time for a massive staaab post

Cursola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Destiny Bond
- Moongeist Beam
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

This thing is powerful. Insanely strong (people thought this is SFLO when they first saw its beams lol) while offering those juicy prank dbonds
pair with a dazzling mon bc the low speed bonds make it fall to opposing prio

Rotom-Fan @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Zap Cannon
- Strength Sap
- Soak

Spreads para like nothing else, soak is to make switchins not actually answer this thing and spread even more para as you force out already para'd things the second time around

Charizard @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Acrobatics
- Pyro Ball
- Earthquake

this either wins or does nothing, there is no in between (unless your opp has rotom-mow)

zard resists all common triage moves and outspeeds scarf dragapult while OHKOing any mon that isnt flash fire corvi or unaware

Snorlax @ Eject Button
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Encore
- Recover
- Simple Beam
- Transform

Hydreigon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Power Trip
- Taunt
- Roost

prankster simple beam with lax before you get hit, ebutton into hydrei and clanger once.
Congratulations, you now ohko all the freaking resists

Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Timid Nature
- Water Spout
- Surf
- Water Shuriken
- U-turn/Shadow Ball

this guy pretty much won me my tour game solo, in rain this guy is literally unstoppable if your opp doesnt have a water immunity or like av max spdef goodra
like fr this thing ohkos spdef ferro from full and that isnt even a set

Sball in the last slot beats chandelure switchins aka the most common water immune, uturn conserves momentum against other immunes

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Steel Beam
- Vacuum Wave
- Nasty Plot
- Earthquake

this is purely theorymon'd because i didnt build around it yet but +2 steel beam should tear most non-resists a new one, vwave is solid prio although losing to pult kinda sucks and eq hits the various rotoms super effectively and ohkos rotomH half the time

and as a bonus, one STAB n Mega set

Lanturn @ Aggronite
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch/Nuzzle/Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Scald/Nuzzle/Volt Switch

the fabled Spheal Rank lanturn, idk why this works but it just does bc it always rolls the right move with sleeptalk and has just enough bulk to live everything
Useful pivot on offense or BO

The Number Man has agreed to take on the role of tier leader of STAAABmons.

We are lucky to have a user who has proven themselves to be both a level-headed and active staff member and an absolutely terrifying opponent in battle. Congratulations to TNM, I'm sure you'll do great with the metagame.

While we discussed the possibility of a council we are going to hold off for now. Whether that happens in the future will be largely up to the new TL ;)
First I'd like to officially thank Drampa for letting me lead STAAABmons. Hopefully I can make the right decisions and keep the metagame as fun and as balanced as possible.

Second - there will absolutely be a council, as long as there are people willing to join it. However, I'm very likely going to hold off on forming it until the currently running forum tour (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stabmons-almost-any-ability-tour-round-1.3660941/) concludes, as that's ideally when most of the decisions regarding suspects, bans and potential unbans are going to happen. The reason for that is I don't want to interfere with the metagame too much as this tournament has already lead to deeper exploration which put some more things on my radar and I fear that quickbanning too much stuff is actively detrimental to the goal of ultimately arriving at a balanced metagame.

Third - My thoughts on the current metagame and considerations for future bans:

The forum tour has lead to new players regularly joining roomtours which let us see some previously underexplored sets in action. My impression so far is that the meta is a bit too saturated with extremely powerful offensive threats which makes it hard to reliably check everything - leading to a metagame that skews offensively (not necessarily a bad thing) and making some games a bit too matchup based (a bad thing). At the same time, I feel like a part of the "mashup experience" (for me at least) is finding fun and powerful sets that often border on broken, so I don't want to dilute the offensive threats too much.

With that being said, here are the specific mons and strats that I'm keeping an eye on:

1) Chandelure - Pretty much everyone who has played STAAAB knows what this does - it's basically Keldeo but more powerful, slower and weak to rocks. The good news is it does actually have switchins such as AV TTar, Goodra and to a lesser extent Hydreigon and Incineroar as well as Normal types with Flash Fire or Primordial Sea. Even then, the fact that the second category of sets is being considered is an indication that this is most likely too powerful. Despite wanting to hold off on any bannings until the forum tour concludes, this is the one thing I'm considering quickbanning.

2) No Guard + Sleep inducing moves - This is a relatively new addition to the posthome meta. While Nailah used No Guard HypnoGar in the beginning of gen 8 (I was using Bounce Mandibuzz so it never felt like a big issue to me back then), it's been relatively absent since then so we didn't get to see it in action. With Chandelure pretty much forcing us to slap regenvest on our ghost switchins, HypnoGar can abuse 100% accuracy hypnosis to get enough boosts to break through mons that would usually check it. It's not the only possible abuser though, as the Rotoms can run similar sets as can Raichu-Alola. The only real counters to this strategy are Magic Bounce mons that resist the Stab move of choice while not being hit SE by any of it's coverage moves and immensely fat mons that can afford to burn some sleep turns and survive the +4 attack once they wake up. The inherent haxy nature of Sleep makes this strat somewhat degenerate, so I might also consider quickbanning this.

3) Triage and Zeraora - The reason i list these two together is while Triage is a potent offensive ability, fat Triage grasses are also one of the few things keeping Zeraora in check (due to priority Strength Sap) without resorting to Volt Absorb. Otherwise Zera hits pretty much every check SE with one of its coverage moves while outspeeding every relevant mon in the tier and is able to ohko pretty much every offensive mon with Bolt Strike or the appropriate coverage move. I'm not convinced that either of these two need to go (although leaning more towards yes on Zera at least), I do know that Zera has no place in a metagame without triage mons that can check it.

4) Melmetal - Steelworker/Tinted Lens Band Melmetal is terrifying. Pretty much the only thing keeping it in check are fat Stamina/Intimidate/Dauntless Shield mons, preferably with a Helmet for residual chip. There's also the cancerous Serene Grace set which can lead to uncompetitive games but the prevalence of Triage and Prankster somewhat keeps it in check. That said, it can also run a Regenvest set which is a positive influence on the metagame.

Apart from Chandelure and possibly No Guard, everything on this list is something I'd rather suspect test than quickban. Feel free to share your thoughts on the things I talked about as well as bring up other mons and sets that you think might be problematic.

3) Triage and Zeraora - The reason i list these two together is while Triage is a potent offensive ability, fat Triage grasses are also one of the few things keeping Zeraora in check (due to priority Strength Sap) without resorting to Volt Absorb. Otherwise Zera hits pretty much every check SE with one of its coverage moves while outspeeding every relevant mon in the tier and is able to ohko pretty much every offensive mon with Bolt Strike or the appropriate coverage move. I'm not convinced that either of these two need to go (although leaning more towards yes on Zera at least), I do know that Zera has no place in a metagame without triage mons that can check it.
oh no i dont think triage grasses are enough to keep zera in check
strength sap isnt very reliable as switching to mbounce / anything with low atk / dazzling means minimal heal, and zera can 2ko meaning they can switch in like once
zeraora still beats ferrothorn with fire which i think is the most common triager and i remember having celebi beat by
i would also say dazzling zera but having tc/sheer force is making zeraora over the edge and dazzling ofc removes that

First off, boyn and Roldski32 have joined STABmon Doubles council. Congratulations!

Secondly, I would like to announce a council vote on Decorate in STABmon Doubles. As I've mentioned before, Whimiscott :whimsicott: and Grimmsnarl :grimmsnarl: can abuse this move to its fullest thanks to Prankster, meaning there's little to no reason not to run it. One Pokemon that can benefit from Decorate the most is Dragapult thanks to Clear Body blocking stats drop, though others still gleefully take advantage of its boosts. Expect me to double post when I announce the result.

Good news! It seems that Showdown has added a new feature today which can enable players to directly challenge and play mashup games (i.e. without needing to create a private room and start a tournament in it):-

Challenging another user, using the command /challenge USERNAME, FORMAT @@@ RULES
Here is an example of using data from the CAAAmomons tour code to challenge another player to a CAAAmomons match:-

Code:
/challenge USERNAME, Gen 8 Camomons @@@!Obtainable Abilities, -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Stakeout, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Shedinja, 2 Ability Clause

* If there is a space between '@@@' and the start of the rules list, the challenge will currently fail with a seemingly buggy error message.

This feature is documented here, along with better documentation for many rules than previously existed:-

https://github.com/smogon/pokemon-showdown/blob/master/config/CUSTOM-RULES.md

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
So after my L in the stAAAbmons tournament i still wanted to posted some teams that i was planning to use or just used in the stAAAbmons tours in omm.
https://pokepast.es/7b68a96ed0cd07f2 Sirfetch'd tough claws balance

So the first team i wanted to post is this one based around sirfetch. Sirfetch is a amazing breaker in the current meta. From being able to two hit ko non intimidate corviknight, ohkoing sylveon with rocks up. And the kommo-o (pheal) set also gets destroyed by sir fetch on the switch. So i still needed removal since sir fetch doesnt like rocks+spike chip that much tnx to being so slow so i paired it up with sylveon and magic bounce jirachi. Sylveon is just a great wall in this metagame to kinda say no to certain traige users such as celebi,togekiss. Jirachi is here since i needed rocks on the team+teleport/wish support would help it stay healthy so still being able to eat a hit and blow the opposing mons back. Traige ferrothorn is a great mon with sirfetch since sirfetch hates fairy types, zeraora, sea sweepers (inteleon, heliolisk) which ferrothorn deals with. Inteleon is here to break the things sirfetch/ferro cant break but also sweep with water spout. It has a amazing speed tier with only zeraora,dragapult being able to outspeed without a scarf but also the fact that chandelure cant just click eruption for free is pretty huge. I use modest since u dont really need the speed imo since the rest is slower anyways. From being able to ohko sylveon to ohkoing kommo-o is pretty huge. At last we have dragapult which i added for speed control. This team really hates zeraora tnx to it being able to just click buttons which means u have to predict alot. But pult helps u force it out or revenge it with dragon darts(which ohkos with rocks up but almost every team has a fairy so i dont recommend spamming that). But also for opposing dragapults tnx to fact that most dragapults use adamant which gets clapped by jolly dragapult (both scarf).

The calcs: 252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Sirfetch'd Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 124+ Def Kommo-o: 253-300 (71.4 - 84.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Sirfetch'd Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 261-308 (65.2 - 77%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (if intimidate) -1 252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Sirfetch'd Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 175-207 (43.7 - 51.7%)
-1 252+ Atk Life Orb Tough Claws Sirfetch'd Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Sylveon: 231-273 (58.6 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Inteleon Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Sylveon in Heavy Rain: 387-456 (98.2 - 115.7%)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Inteleon Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Kommo-o in Heavy Rain: 282-333 (79.6 - 94%)
252+ Atk Adaptability Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Zeraora: 292-344 (92.1 - 108.5%)

The second team i wanted to post is a dazzling zeraora team. https://pokepast.es/9d59269e332b78d2

So i will explain this team pretty quickly and easy since i dont want this post to be hellah long. Standard kommo-o+sylveon since there to good to not use tbh, they wall almost anything in the tier (except chandelure, zeraora). Av incineroar is there to wall chandelure, pult( the calc:252+ Atk Adaptability Dragapult Dragon Darts (2 hits) vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Incineroar: 248-296 (63.1 - 75.3% ) . Dazzling zeraora is there to say no to the common traige users and still abuse its amazing speed/attack stat. Inteleon is there to just sweep when it gets a chance since the rest really cant(except zera but choice lock is pretty annoying tbh). Drill is there on the team to give me a electric immune, a steel type.

The last team i wanted to post is a sheer force zeraora team. https://pokepast.es/7056eeb6993c2ee3

So i wanted to try out sflo zeraora thats tbh the whole reason i built this team. Its based around sflo zera which imo has almost no counterplay.
Kommo-o drops vs play rough sylveon ohkod with rocks up and nothing outspeeds it except scarfers. After that i just added the most busted mon in the tier chandelure. So with the two monsters out of the way. Kommo-o to good to not use. I added the birds to give me options for sd traige ferrothorn, to give me a dark type so chandelure cant spam moongeist beam. Corv to annoy fairy types and physical sweepers(same with mandi but not as much imo). And pult is there for speed control and just annoy other zeras.

I hope this post isnt really dumb long but these teams are imo really good and might be worth checking out. Tnx for reading this post

Last edited:
Hippo's Down (Hippowdon) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Wandering Spirit
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Earthquake

wandering spirit wrecks regenvesters, Mguarders, triage users and phealers alike; lets you scout corvis ability on uturns and lets you deal with zera easier by going into hippo on cc/pr and then doubling out

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Updating some tour code, long overdue

BH Doubles
This is a pretty total overhaul of the code. Let me know if I messed anything up.
/tour new [Gen 8] Doubles Ubers, elimination
/tour rules !Obtainable Abilities, !Obtainable Moves, !Obtainable Misc, Forme Clause, !Species Clause, -Shedinja, -Comatose + Sleep Talk, -Double Iron Bash, -Octolock, -Arena Trap, -Contrary, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Illusion, -Innards Out, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Stakeout, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Justified, -Anger Point, -Steam Engine, -Stamina, -Rattled, -Wandering Spirit, -Soul-Heart
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] Balanced Hackmons Doubles

STAAABmons
Only a tiny update, fixing an older bug where Darmanitan-Galar was still banned. Everything else should be up to date.
/tour new [Gen 8] STABmons, elimination
/tour rules !Obtainable Abilities, -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Stakeout, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Shedinja, 2 Ability Clause, -Arcanine + V-create, -Carkol + V-create, -Centiskorch + V-create, -Chandelure + V-create, -Charizard + V-create, -Charmander + V-create, -Charmeleon + V-create, -Cinderace + V-create, -Coalossal + V-create, -Darmanitan + V-create, -Darumaka + V-create, -Flareon + V-create, -Growlithe + V-create, -Heatmor + V-create, -Incineroar + V-create, -Lampent + V-create, -Litten + V-create, -Litwick + V-create, -Ninetales + V-create, -Ponyta + V-create, -Raboot + V-create, -Rapidash + V-create, -Reshiram + V-create, -Rotom + V-create, -Salandit + V-create, -Salazzle + V-create, -Scorbunny + V-create, -Silvally + V-create, -Sizzlipede + V-create, -Torkoal + V-create, -Torracat + V-create, -Turtonator + V-create, -Vulpix + V-create, -Keldeo, -Terrakion, +Darmanitan, +Darmanitan-Galar
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STABmons + Almost Any Ability

STAB N Mega
This was made by NOC and edited by Roldski about a week ago fixing some move legality issues stemming from Pokemon Home additions.
/tour new [Gen 8] Mix and Mega, elimination
/tour rules STABmons Move Legality, -Ditto, -Bewear + Belly Drum, -Braviary + Belly Drum, -Bunnelby + Belly Drum, -Cinccino + Belly Drum, -Diggersby + Belly Drum, -Ditto + Belly -Drum, -Drampa + Belly Drum, -Dubwool + Belly Drum, -Eevee + Belly Drum, -Heliolisk + Belly Drum, -Helioptile + Belly Drum, -Hoothoot + Belly Drum, -Indeedee + Belly Drum, -Linoone-Galar + Belly Drum, -Meowth + Belly Drum, -Minccino + Belly Drum, -Noctowl + Belly Drum, -Obstagoon + Belly Drum, -Oranguru + Belly Drum, -Persian + Belly Drum, -Pidove + Belly Drum, -Rufflet + Belly Drum, -Silvally + Belly Drum, -Stufful + Belly Drum, -Tranquill + Belly Drum, -Type: Null + Belly Drum, -Unfezant + Belly Drum, -Wooloo + Belly Drum, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Belly Drum, -Vaporeon + Belly Drum, -Jolteon + Belly Drum, -Flareon + Belly Drum, -Espeon + Belly Drum, -Umbreon + Belly Drum, -Leafeon + Belly Drum, -Glaceon + Belly Drum, -Sylveon + Belly Drum, -Bewear + Acupressure, -Braviary + Acupressure, -Bunnelby + Acupressure, -Cinccino + Acupressure, -Diggersby + Acupressure, -Ditto + Acupressure, -Drampa + Acupressure, -Dubwool + Acupressure, -Eevee + Acupressure, -Greedent + Acupressure, -Heliolisk + Acupressure, -Helioptile + Acupressure, -Hoothoot + Acupressure, -Indeedee + Acupressure, -Linoone-Galar + Acupressure, -Meowth + Acupressure, -Minccino + Acupressure, -Munchlax + Acupressure, -Noctowl + Acupressure, -Obstagoon + Acupressure, -Oranguru + Acupressure, -Persian + Acupressure, -Pidove + Acupressure, -Rufflet + Acupressure, -Silvally + Acupressure, -Skwovet + Acupressure, -Snorlax + Acupressure, -Stufful + Acupressure, -Tranquill + Acupressure, -Type: Null + Acupressure, -Unfezant + Acupressure, -Wooloo + Acupressure, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Acupressure, -Vaporeon + Acupressure, -Jolteon + Acupressure, -Flareon + Acupressure, -Espeon + Acupressure, -Umbreon + Acupressure, -Leafeon + Acupressure, -Glaceon + Acupressure, -Sylveon + Acupressure, -Bewear + Shell Smash, -Braviary + Shell Smash, -Bunnelby + Shell Smash, -Cinccino + Shell Smash, -Diggersby + Shell Smash, -Ditto + Shell Smash, -Drampa + Shell Smash, -Dubwool + Shell Smash, -Eevee + Shell Smash, -Greedent + Shell Smash, -Heliolisk + Shell Smash, -Helioptile + Shell Smash, -Hoothoot + Shell Smash, -Indeedee + Shell Smash, -Linoone-Galar + Shell Smash, -Meowth + Shell Smash, -Minccino + Shell Smash, -Munchlax + Shell Smash, -Noctowl + Shell Smash, -Obstagoon + Shell Smash, -Oranguru + Shell Smash, -Persian + Shell Smash, -Pidove + Shell Smash, -Rufflet + Shell Smash, -Silvally + Shell Smash, -Skwovet + Shell Smash, -Snorlax + Shell Smash, -Stufful + Shell Smash, -Tranquill + Shell Smash, -Type: Null + Shell Smash, -Unfezant + Shell Smash, -Wooloo + Shell Smash, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Shell Smash, -Vaporeon + Shell Smash, -Jolteon + Shell Smash, -Flareon + Shell Smash, -Espeon + Shell Smash, -Umbreon + Shell Smash, -Leafeon + Shell Smash, -Glaceon + Shell Smash, -Sylveon + Shell Smash, -Araquanid + Fishious Rend, -Arrokuda + Fishious Rend, -Barbaracle + Fishious Rend, -Barboach + Fishious Rend, -Barraskewda + Fishious Rend, -Basculin + Fishious Rend, -Binacle + Fishious Rend, -Blastoise + Fishious Rend, -Brionne + Fishious Rend, -Chewtle + Fishious Rend, -Chinchou + Fishious Rend, -Cloyster + Fishious Rend, -Corphish + Fishious Rend, -Corsola + Fishious Rend, -Cramorant + Fishious Rend, -Crawdaunt + Fishious Rend, -Dewpider + Fishious Rend, -Drednaw + Fishious Rend, -Drizzile + Fishious Rend, -Feebas + Fishious Rend, -Frillish + Fishious Rend, -Gastrodon + Fishious Rend, -Goldeen + Fishious Rend, -Golisopod + Fishious Rend, -Gyarados + Fishious Rend, -Inteleon + Fishious Rend, -Jellicent + Fishious Rend, -Keldeo + Fishious Rend, -Kingler + Fishious Rend, -Krabby + Fishious Rend, -Lanturn + Fishious Rend, -Lapras + Fishious Rend, -Lombre + Fishious Rend, -Lotad + Fishious Rend, -Ludicolo + Fishious Rend, -Magikarp + Fishious Rend, -Mantine + Fishious Rend, -Mantyke + Fishious Rend, -Mareanie + Fishious Rend, -Milotic + Fishious Rend, -Octillery + Fishious Rend, -Palpitoad + Fishious Rend, -Pelipper + Fishious Rend, -Popplio + Fishious Rend, -Primarina + Fishious Rend, -Pyukumuku + Fishious Rend, -Quagsire + Fishious Rend, -Qwilfish + Fishious Rend, -Remoraid + Fishious Rend, -Rotom + Fishious Rend, -Seaking + Fishious Rend, -Seismitoad + Fishious Rend, -Shellder + Fishious Rend, -Shellos + Fishious Rend, -Silvally + Fishious Rend, -Sobble + Fishious Rend, -Squirtle + Fishious Rend, -Toxapex + Fishious Rend, -Tympole + Fishious Rend, -Vaporeon + Fishious Rend, -Wailmer + Fishious Rend, -Wailord + Fishious Rend, -Wartortle + Fishious Rend, -Whiscash + Fishious Rend, -Wimpod + Fishious Rend, -Wingull + Fishious Rend, -Wishiwashi + Fishious Rend, -Wooper + Fishious Rend, -Aegislash + Shift Gear, -Bisharp + Shift Gear, -Bronzong + Shift Gear, -Bronzor + Shift Gear, -Cobalion + Shift Gear, -Copperajah + Shift Gear, -Corviknight + Shift Gear, -Cufant + Shift Gear, -Doublade + Shift Gear, -Duraludon + Shift Gear, -Durant + Shift Gear, -Escavalier + Shift Gear, -Excadrill + Shift Gear, -Ferroseed + Shift Gear, -Ferrothorn + Shift Gear, -Honedge + Shift Gear, -Jirachi + Shift Gear, -Lucario + Shift Gear, -Mawile + Shift Gear, -Melmetal + Shift Gear, -Meltan + Shift Gear, -Meowth-Galar + Shift Gear, -Necrozma + Shift Gear, -Pawniard + Shift Gear, -Perrserker + Shift Gear, -Silvally + Shift Gear, -Solgaleo + Shift Gear, -Steelix + Shift Gear, -Stunfisk-Galar + Shift Gear, -Togedemaru + Shift Gear, -Zacian-Crowned + Shift Gear, -Zamazenta-Crowned + Shift Gear, -Abomasnow + Spore, -Appletun + Spore, -Applin + Spore, -Bellossom + Spore, -Bounsweet + Spore, -Budew + Spore, -Bulbasaur + Spore, -Celebi + Spore, -Cherrim + Spore, -Cherubi + Spore, -Cottonee + Spore, -Dartrix + Spore, -Decidueye + Spore, -Dhelmise + Spore, -Eldegoss + Spore, -Ferroseed + Spore, -Ferrothorn + Spore, -Flapple + Spore, -Gloom + Spore, -Gossifleur + Spore, -Gourgeist + Spore, -Grookey + Spore, -Ivysaur + Spore, -Leafeon + Spore, -Lombre + Spore, -Lotad + Spore, -Ludicolo + Spore, -Maractus + Spore, -Nuzleaf + Spore, -Oddish + Spore, -Phantump + Spore, -Pumpkaboo + Spore, -Rillaboom + Spore, -Roselia + Spore, -Roserade + Spore, -Rotom + Spore, -Rowlet + Spore, -Seedot + Spore, -Shiftry + Spore, -Silvally + Spore, -Snover + Spore, -Steenee + Spore, -Thwackey + Spore, -Trevenant + Spore, -Tsareena + Spore, -Venusaur + Spore, -Vileplume + Spore, -Virizion + Spore, -Whimsicott + Spore, -Bewear + Extreme Speed, -Braviary + Extreme Speed, -Bunnelby + Extreme Speed, -Cinccino + Extreme Speed, -Diggersby + Extreme Speed, -Ditto + Extreme Speed, -Drampa + Extreme Speed, -Dubwool + Extreme Speed, -Eevee + Extreme Speed, -Greedent + Extreme Speed, -Heliolisk + Extreme Speed, -Helioptile + Extreme Speed, -Hoothoot + Extreme Speed, -Indeedee + Extreme Speed, -Linoone-Galar + Extreme Speed, -Meowth + Extreme Speed, -Minccino + Extreme Speed, -Munchlax + Extreme Speed, -Noctowl + Extreme Speed, -Obstagoon + Extreme Speed, -Oranguru + Extreme Speed, -Persian + Extreme Speed, -Pidove + Extreme Speed, -Rufflet + Extreme Speed, -Silvally + Extreme Speed, -Skwovet + Extreme Speed, -Snorlax + Extreme Speed, -Stufful + Extreme Speed, -Tranquill + Extreme Speed, -Type: Null + Extreme Speed, -Unfezant + Extreme Speed, -Wooloo + Extreme Speed, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Extreme Speed, -Flareon + Extreme Speed, -Jolteon + Extreme Speed, -Vaporeon + Extreme Speed, -Umbreon + Extreme Speed, -Espeon + Extreme Speed, -Leafeon + Extreme Speed, -Glaceon + Extreme Speed, -Sylveon + Extreme Speed, -Aegislash + Double Iron Bash, -Bisharp + Double Iron Bash, -Bronzong + Double Iron Bash, -Bronzor + Double Iron Bash, -Cobalion + Double Iron Bash, -Copperajah + Double Iron Bash, -Corviknight + Double Iron Bash, -Cufant + Double Iron Bash, -Diglett-Alola + Double Iron Bash, -Doublade + Double Iron Bash, -Dugtrio-Alola + Double Iron Bash, -Duraludon + Double Iron Bash, -Durant + Double Iron Bash, -Escavalier + Double Iron Bash, -Excadrill + Double Iron Bash, -Ferroseed + Double Iron Bash, -Ferrothorn + Double Iron Bash, -Honedge + Double Iron Bash, -Jirachi + Double Iron Bash, -Klang + Double Iron Bash, -Klink + Double Iron Bash, -Klinklang + Double Iron Bash, -Lucario + Double Iron Bash, -Mawile + Double Iron Bash, -Meltan + Double Iron Bash, -Meowth-Galar + Double Iron Bash, -Necrozma + Double Iron Bash, -Pawniard + Double Iron Bash, -Perrserker + Double Iron Bash, -Silvally + Double Iron Bash, -Solgaleo + Double Iron Bash, -Steelix + Double Iron Bash, -Stunfisk-Galar + Double Iron Bash, -Togedemaru + Double Iron Bash, -Zacian + Double Iron Bash, -Zamazenta + Double Iron Bash, -Boltund + Bolt Beak, -Charjabug + Bolt Beak, -Chinchou + Bolt Beak, -Electrike + Bolt Beak, -Galvantula + Bolt Beak, -Heliolisk + Bolt Beak, -Helioptile + Bolt Beak, -Jolteon + Bolt Beak, -Joltik + Bolt Beak, -Lanturn + Bolt Beak, -Manectric + Bolt Beak, -Morpeko + Bolt Beak, -Pichu + Bolt Beak, -Pikachu + Bolt Beak, -Pincurchin + Bolt Beak, -Raichu + Bolt Beak, -Rotom + Bolt Beak, -Silvally + Bolt Beak, -Stunfisk + Bolt Beak, -Togedemaru + Bolt Beak, -Toxel + Bolt Beak, -Toxtricity + Bolt Beak, -Vikavolt + Bolt Beak, -Yamper + Bolt Beak, -Zekrom + Bolt Beak, -Zeraora + Bolt Beak
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STABmons Mix and Mega

STABmons Ubers
Fixed by Roldski; unbanning Ubers en masse wasn't working right so we unbanned them individually.
/tour new, [Gen 8] Stabmons, Elimination
/tour ruleset +Darmanitan-Galar, +Eternatus, +Silvally, +Zacian, +Zamazenta, -Kangaskhanite, +Unreleased, +Weedle, +Kakuna, +Beedrill, +Pidgey, +Pidgeotto, +Pidgeot, +Rattata, +Raticate, +Spearow, +Fearow, +Ekans, +Arbok, +Sandshrew, +Sandslash, +Nidoran F, +Nidorina, +Nidoqueen, +Nidoran M, +Nidorino, +Nidoking, +Jigglypuff, +Wigglytuff, +Zubat, +Golbat, +Paras, +Parasect, +Venonat, +Venomoth, +Psyduck, +Golduck, +Mankey, +Primeape, +Poliwag, +Poliwhirl, +Poliwrath, +Abra, +Kadabra, +Alakazam, +Bellsprout, +Weepinbell, +Victreebel, +Tentacool, +Tentacruel, +Geodude, +Graveler, +Golem, +Slowpoke, +Slowbro, +Magnemite, +Magneton, +Doduo, +Dodrio, +Seel, +Dewgong, +Grimer, +Muk, +Drowzee, +Hypno, +Voltorb, +Electrode, +Exeggcute, +Exeggutor, +Cubone, +Marowak, +Lickitung, +Chansey, +Tangela, +Kangaskhan, +Horsea, +Seadra, +Staryu, +Starmie, +Scyther, +Jynx, +Electabuzz, +Magmar, +Pinsir, +Tauros, +Porygon, +Omanyte, +Omastar, +Kabuto, +Kabutops, +Aerodactyl, +Dratini, +Dragonair, +Dragonite, +Chikorita, +Bayleef, +Meganium, +Cyndaquil, +Quilava, +Typhlosion, +Totodile, +Croconaw, +Feraligatr, +Sentret, +Furret, +Ledyba, +Ledian, +Spinarak, +Ariados, +Crobat, +Igglybuff, +Mareep, +Flaaffy, +Ampharos, +Marill, +Azumarill, +Politoed, +Hoppip, +Skiploom, +Jumpluff, +Aipom, +Sunkern, +Sunflora, +Yanma, +Murkrow, +Slowking, +Misdreavus, +Unown, +Girafarig, +Pineco, +Forretress, +Dunsparce, +Gligar, +Snubbull, +Granbull, +Scizor, +Heracross, +Teddiursa, +Ursaring, +Slugma, +Magcargo, +Skarmory, +Houndour, +Houndoom, +Kingdra, +Phanpy, +Donphan, +Porygon2, +Stantler, +Smeargle, +Smoochum, +Elekid, +Magby, +Miltank, +Blissey, +Raikou, +Entei, +Suicune, +Lugia, +Ho-Oh, +Treecko, +Grovyle, +Sceptile, +Torchic, +Combusken, +Blaziken, +Mudkip, +Marshtomp, +Swampert, +Poochyena, +Mightyena, +Wurmple, +Silcoon, +Beautifly, +Cascoon, +Dustox, +Taillow, +Swellow, +Surskit, +Masquerain, +Shroomish, +Breloom, +Slakoth, +Vigoroth, +Slaking, +Whismur, +Loudred, +Exploud, +Makuhita, +Hariyama, +Azurill, +Nosepass, +Skitty, +Delcatty, +Aron, +Lairon, +Aggron, +Meditite, +Medicham, +Plusle, +Minun, +Volbeat, +Illumise, +Gulpin, +Swalot, +Carvanha, +Sharpedo, +Numel, +Camerupt, +Spoink, +Grumpig, +Spinda, +Cacnea, +Cacturne, +Swablu, +Altaria, +Zangoose, +Seviper, +Lileep, +Cradily, +Anorith, +Armaldo, +Castform, +Kecleon, +Shuppet, +Banette, +Tropius, +Chimecho, +Absol, +Spheal, +Sealeo, +Walrein, +Clamperl, +Huntail, +Gorebyss, +Relicanth, +Luvdisc, +Bagon, +Shelgon, +Salamence, +Beldum, +Metang, +Metagross, +Regirock, +Regice, +Registeel, +Latias, +Latios, +Kyogre, +Groudon, +Rayquaza, +Deoxys, +Turtwig, +Grotle, +Torterra, +Chimchar, +Monferno, +Infernape, +Piplup, +Prinplup, +Empoleon, +Starly, +Staravia, +Staraptor, +Bidoof, +Bibarel, +Kricketot, +Kricketune, +Shinx, +Luxio, +Luxray, +Cranidos, +Rampardos, +Shieldon, +Bastiodon, +Burmy, +Wormadam, +Mothim, +Pachirisu, +Buizel, +Floatzel, +Ambipom, +Buneary, +Lopunny, +Mismagius, +Honchkrow, +Glameow, +Purugly, +Chingling, +Mime-Jr, +Happiny, +Chatot, +Spiritomb, +Gible, +Gabite, +Garchomp, +Carnivine, +Finneon, +Lumineon, +Abomasnow, +Magnezone, +Lickilicky, +Tangrowth, +Electivire, +Magmortar, +Yanmega, +Gliscor, +Porygon-Z, +Probopass, +Uxie, +Mesprit, +Azelf, +Dialga, +Palkia, +Heatran, +Regigigas, +Giratina, +Cresselia, +Phione, +Manaphy, +Darkrai, +Shaymin, +Arceus, +Victini, +Snivy, +Servine, +Serperior, +Tepig, +Pignite, +Emboar, +Oshawott, +Dewott, +Samurott, +Patrat, +Watchog, +Lillipup, +Herdier, +Stoutland, +Pansage, +Simisage, +Pansear, +Simisear, +Panpour, +Simipour, +Blitzle, +Zebstrika, +Audino, +Sewaddle, +Swadloon, +Leavanny, +Venipede, +Whirlipede, +Scolipede, +Petilil, +Lilligant, +Sandile, +Krokorok, +Krookodile, +Tirtouga, +Carracosta, +Archen, +Archeops, +Zorua, +Zoroark, +Ducklett, +Swanna, +Deerling, +Sawsbuck, +Emolga, +Foongus, +Amoonguss, +Alomomola, +Tynamo, +Eelektrik, +Eelektross, +Cryogonal, +Mienfoo, +Mienshao, +Druddigon, +Bouffalant, +Larvesta, +Volcarona, +Tornadus, +Thundurus, +Landorus, +Meloetta, +Genesect, +Chespin, +Quilladin, +Chesnaught, +Fennekin, +Braixen, +Delphox, +Froakie, +Frogadier, +Greninja, +Fletchling, +Fletchinder, +Talonflame, +Scatterbug, +Spewpa, +Vivillon, +Litleo, +Pyroar, +Flabebe, +Floette, +Florges, +Skiddo, +Gogoat, +Furfrou, +Meowstic, +Skrelp, +Dragalge, +Clauncher, +Clawitzer, +Tyrunt, +Tyrantrum, +Amaura, +Aurorus, +Dedenne, +Carbink, +Klefki, +Xerneas, +Yveltal, +Zygarde, +Diancie, +Hoopa, +Volcanion, +Pikipek, +Trumbeak, +Toucannon, +Yungoos, +Gumshoos, +Crabrawler, +Crabominable, +Oricorio, +Rockruff, +Lycanroc, +Fomantis, +Lurantis, +Comfey, +Sandygast, +Palossand, +Minior, +Komala, +Bruxish, +Tapu-Koko, +Tapu-Lele, +Tapu-Bulu, +Tapu-Fini, +Nihilego, +Buzzwole, +Pheromosa, +Xurkitree, +Celesteela, +Kartana, +Guzzlord, +Magearna, +Poipole, +Naganadel, +Stakataka, +Blacephalon, -Arceus, -Komala, +Darmanitan, +Kyurem-Black, +Kyurem-White, +Lunala, +Marshadow, +Mewtwo, +Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, +Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, +Reshiram, +Solgaleo, +Zekrom
/tour setautostart 10
/tour setautodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STABmons Ubers

Let me know when you find my inevitable oversights :X

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
hi it me
ok so I'll admit that I'm bad not the best at STABmons + AAA; I don't have any replays saved of basically any of the things I'm about to talk about because I was too bad to win any full games against the meta's golden children but I swear they're heat techs ok

Hardly a secret that Rotom is gonna be valuable in a STABmons-based metagame, since it has...uh, 7 types to utilize. This gives it pretty awesome coverage and you can do some pretty fun stuff with it, such as Worry Seed + Magnet Pull on Rotom-Heat to catch every Flash Fire mon that ever dared to cross your path, like who do they even think Rotom is, some idiot who can't get around his checks?

While talking about niche status moves it can run, whew, y'all ever hear about this move Strength Sap? What about Haze? Or Nuzzle? oh wait that's not a status

In all seriousness, though, Rotom is one of the best status spreaders, like, ever. Boyo can hit you reliably with 4/5 of the major status conditions (if I'm capable of counting correctly and there are actually 5) which is more than most of these other passive af chumps like Ferro. Pssht, only para sleep and tox?

And why are all of Rotom's best attacks so inaccurate, anyways? I just wanna get away with Zap Cannon but I can't seem to guard :(

There are so many underutilized variants on the No Guard set, too; Hypnosis (I started writing this post a week ago and I swear to god it predated everybody and their mother using hypnogar and hypnotom please believe me), Inferno, Hydro Pump, Hurricane, or hell, you could even get ultra-degenerate with it and just slap octazooka on it and pray for success i swear to gramps no guard tom gets away with too much shit for it to be straightup bad, I'm not crazy

Like reducing speed? Don't like not being able to hit Exca with speed reduction? Try out Icy Wind if you're feeling wild; in fact, try a full Technician set. See how it goes. Bad, right? That's why innovation is a mistake, never try
Escavalier @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- First Impression
- Knock Off/Sticky Web/Drill Run/Close Combat

tinted firstie is broken and I love hitting people with it over and over again, call me basic

but it still hurts tho

both getting called basic and first impression

this post was gonna be much longer but blame tnm for getting tier leader so I have to congratulate him before he drops some crazy decision, grats goat

Alright, I was putting off making this post until I had something else to bring up (because I really don't like making single topic posts.) However, recently, a certain degenerate set has been making the rounds in STAAABmons, giving me the perfect excuse to post. However, before I start complaining about said degenerate set, I wanna make sure this post has some positivity, so without further adieu, I present to you, the STAB 'n' Mega Challenge Code, since now we have custom challenges now!

/challenge USERNAME, gen 8 Mix And Mega @@@STABmons Move Legality, -Ditto, -Bewear + Belly Drum, -Braviary + Belly Drum, -Bunnelby + Belly Drum, -Cinccino + Belly Drum, -Diggersby + Belly Drum, -Ditto + Belly -Drum, -Drampa + Belly Drum, -Dubwool + Belly Drum, -Eevee + Belly Drum, -Heliolisk + Belly Drum, -Helioptile + Belly Drum, -Hoothoot + Belly Drum, -Indeedee + Belly Drum, -Linoone-Galar + Belly Drum, -Meowth + Belly Drum, -Minccino + Belly Drum, -Noctowl + Belly Drum, -Obstagoon + Belly Drum, -Oranguru + Belly Drum, -Persian + Belly Drum, -Pidove + Belly Drum, -Rufflet + Belly Drum, -Silvally + Belly Drum, -Stufful + Belly Drum, -Tranquill + Belly Drum, -Type: Null + Belly Drum, -Unfezant + Belly Drum, -Wooloo + Belly Drum, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Belly Drum, -Vaporeon + Belly Drum, -Jolteon + Belly Drum, -Flareon + Belly Drum, -Espeon + Belly Drum, -Umbreon + Belly Drum, -Leafeon + Belly Drum, -Glaceon + Belly Drum, -Sylveon + Belly Drum, -Bewear + Acupressure, -Braviary + Acupressure, -Bunnelby + Acupressure, -Cinccino + Acupressure, -Diggersby + Acupressure, -Ditto + Acupressure, -Drampa + Acupressure, -Dubwool + Acupressure, -Eevee + Acupressure, -Greedent + Acupressure, -Heliolisk + Acupressure, -Helioptile + Acupressure, -Hoothoot + Acupressure, -Indeedee + Acupressure, -Linoone-Galar + Acupressure, -Meowth + Acupressure, -Minccino + Acupressure, -Munchlax + Acupressure, -Noctowl + Acupressure, -Obstagoon + Acupressure, -Oranguru + Acupressure, -Persian + Acupressure, -Pidove + Acupressure, -Rufflet + Acupressure, -Silvally + Acupressure, -Skwovet + Acupressure, -Snorlax + Acupressure, -Stufful + Acupressure, -Tranquill + Acupressure, -Type: Null + Acupressure, -Unfezant + Acupressure, -Wooloo + Acupressure, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Acupressure, -Vaporeon + Acupressure, -Jolteon + Acupressure, -Flareon + Acupressure, -Espeon + Acupressure, -Umbreon + Acupressure, -Leafeon + Acupressure, -Glaceon + Acupressure, -Sylveon + Acupressure, -Bewear + Shell Smash, -Braviary + Shell Smash, -Bunnelby + Shell Smash, -Cinccino + Shell Smash, -Diggersby + Shell Smash, -Ditto + Shell Smash, -Drampa + Shell Smash, -Dubwool + Shell Smash, -Eevee + Shell Smash, -Greedent + Shell Smash, -Heliolisk + Shell Smash, -Helioptile + Shell Smash, -Hoothoot + Shell Smash, -Indeedee + Shell Smash, -Linoone-Galar + Shell Smash, -Meowth + Shell Smash, -Minccino + Shell Smash, -Munchlax + Shell Smash, -Noctowl + Shell Smash, -Obstagoon + Shell Smash, -Oranguru + Shell Smash, -Persian + Shell Smash, -Pidove + Shell Smash, -Rufflet + Shell Smash, -Silvally + Shell Smash, -Skwovet + Shell Smash, -Snorlax + Shell Smash, -Stufful + Shell Smash, -Tranquill + Shell Smash, -Type: Null + Shell Smash, -Unfezant + Shell Smash, -Wooloo + Shell Smash, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Shell Smash, -Vaporeon + Shell Smash, -Jolteon + Shell Smash, -Flareon + Shell Smash, -Espeon + Shell Smash, -Umbreon + Shell Smash, -Leafeon + Shell Smash, -Glaceon + Shell Smash, -Sylveon + Shell Smash, -Araquanid + Fishious Rend, -Arrokuda + Fishious Rend, -Barbaracle + Fishious Rend, -Barboach + Fishious Rend, -Barraskewda + Fishious Rend, -Basculin + Fishious Rend, -Binacle + Fishious Rend, -Blastoise + Fishious Rend, -Brionne + Fishious Rend, -Chewtle + Fishious Rend, -Chinchou + Fishious Rend, -Cloyster + Fishious Rend, -Corphish + Fishious Rend, -Corsola + Fishious Rend, -Cramorant + Fishious Rend, -Crawdaunt + Fishious Rend, -Dewpider + Fishious Rend, -Drednaw + Fishious Rend, -Drizzile + Fishious Rend, -Feebas + Fishious Rend, -Frillish + Fishious Rend, -Gastrodon + Fishious Rend, -Goldeen + Fishious Rend, -Golisopod + Fishious Rend, -Gyarados + Fishious Rend, -Inteleon + Fishious Rend, -Jellicent + Fishious Rend, -Keldeo + Fishious Rend, -Kingler + Fishious Rend, -Krabby + Fishious Rend, -Lanturn + Fishious Rend, -Lapras + Fishious Rend, -Lombre + Fishious Rend, -Lotad + Fishious Rend, -Ludicolo + Fishious Rend, -Magikarp + Fishious Rend, -Mantine + Fishious Rend, -Mantyke + Fishious Rend, -Mareanie + Fishious Rend, -Milotic + Fishious Rend, -Octillery + Fishious Rend, -Palpitoad + Fishious Rend, -Pelipper + Fishious Rend, -Popplio + Fishious Rend, -Primarina + Fishious Rend, -Pyukumuku + Fishious Rend, -Quagsire + Fishious Rend, -Qwilfish + Fishious Rend, -Remoraid + Fishious Rend, -Rotom + Fishious Rend, -Seaking + Fishious Rend, -Seismitoad + Fishious Rend, -Shellder + Fishious Rend, -Shellos + Fishious Rend, -Silvally + Fishious Rend, -Sobble + Fishious Rend, -Squirtle + Fishious Rend, -Toxapex + Fishious Rend, -Tympole + Fishious Rend, -Vaporeon + Fishious Rend, -Wailmer + Fishious Rend, -Wailord + Fishious Rend, -Wartortle + Fishious Rend, -Whiscash + Fishious Rend, -Wimpod + Fishious Rend, -Wingull + Fishious Rend, -Wishiwashi + Fishious Rend, -Wooper + Fishious Rend, -Aegislash + Shift Gear, -Bisharp + Shift Gear, -Bronzong + Shift Gear, -Bronzor + Shift Gear, -Cobalion + Shift Gear, -Copperajah + Shift Gear, -Corviknight + Shift Gear, -Cufant + Shift Gear, -Doublade + Shift Gear, -Duraludon + Shift Gear, -Durant + Shift Gear, -Escavalier + Shift Gear, -Excadrill + Shift Gear, -Ferroseed + Shift Gear, -Ferrothorn + Shift Gear, -Honedge + Shift Gear, -Jirachi + Shift Gear, -Lucario + Shift Gear, -Mawile + Shift Gear, -Melmetal + Shift Gear, -Meltan + Shift Gear, -Meowth-Galar + Shift Gear, -Necrozma + Shift Gear, -Pawniard + Shift Gear, -Perrserker + Shift Gear, -Silvally + Shift Gear, -Solgaleo + Shift Gear, -Steelix + Shift Gear, -Stunfisk-Galar + Shift Gear, -Togedemaru + Shift Gear, -Zacian-Crowned + Shift Gear, -Zamazenta-Crowned + Shift Gear, -Abomasnow + Spore, -Appletun + Spore, -Applin + Spore, -Bellossom + Spore, -Bounsweet + Spore, -Budew + Spore, -Bulbasaur + Spore, -Celebi + Spore, -Cherrim + Spore, -Cherubi + Spore, -Cottonee + Spore, -Dartrix + Spore, -Decidueye + Spore, -Dhelmise + Spore, -Eldegoss + Spore, -Ferroseed + Spore, -Ferrothorn + Spore, -Flapple + Spore, -Gloom + Spore, -Gossifleur + Spore, -Gourgeist + Spore, -Grookey + Spore, -Ivysaur + Spore, -Leafeon + Spore, -Lombre + Spore, -Lotad + Spore, -Ludicolo + Spore, -Maractus + Spore, -Nuzleaf + Spore, -Oddish + Spore, -Phantump + Spore, -Pumpkaboo + Spore, -Rillaboom + Spore, -Roselia + Spore, -Roserade + Spore, -Rotom + Spore, -Rowlet + Spore, -Seedot + Spore, -Shiftry + Spore, -Silvally + Spore, -Snover + Spore, -Steenee + Spore, -Thwackey + Spore, -Trevenant + Spore, -Tsareena + Spore, -Venusaur + Spore, -Vileplume + Spore, -Virizion + Spore, -Whimsicott + Spore, -Bewear + Extreme Speed, -Braviary + Extreme Speed, -Bunnelby + Extreme Speed, -Cinccino + Extreme Speed, -Diggersby + Extreme Speed, -Ditto + Extreme Speed, -Drampa + Extreme Speed, -Dubwool + Extreme Speed, -Eevee + Extreme Speed, -Greedent + Extreme Speed, -Heliolisk + Extreme Speed, -Helioptile + Extreme Speed, -Hoothoot + Extreme Speed, -Indeedee + Extreme Speed, -Linoone-Galar + Extreme Speed, -Meowth + Extreme Speed, -Minccino + Extreme Speed, -Munchlax + Extreme Speed, -Noctowl + Extreme Speed, -Obstagoon + Extreme Speed, -Oranguru + Extreme Speed, -Persian + Extreme Speed, -Pidove + Extreme Speed, -Rufflet + Extreme Speed, -Silvally + Extreme Speed, -Skwovet + Extreme Speed, -Snorlax + Extreme Speed, -Stufful + Extreme Speed, -Tranquill + Extreme Speed, -Type: Null + Extreme Speed, -Unfezant + Extreme Speed, -Wooloo + Extreme Speed, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Extreme Speed, -Flareon + Extreme Speed, -Glaceon + Extreme Speed, -Jolteon + Extreme Speed, -Leafeon + Extreme Speed, -Vaporeon + Extreme Speed, -Umbreon + Extreme Speed, -Espeon + Extreme Speed, -Sylveon + Extreme Speed, -Aegislash + Double Iron Bash, -Bisharp + Double Iron Bash, -Bronzong + Double Iron Bash, -Bronzor + Double Iron Bash, -Cobalion + Double Iron Bash, -Copperajah + Double Iron Bash, -Corviknight + Double Iron Bash, -Cufant + Double Iron Bash, -Diglett-Alola + Double Iron Bash, -Doublade + Double Iron Bash, -Dugtrio-Alola + Double Iron Bash, -Duraludon + Double Iron Bash, -Durant + Double Iron Bash, -Escavalier + Double Iron Bash, -Excadrill + Double Iron Bash, -Ferroseed + Double Iron Bash, -Ferrothorn + Double Iron Bash, -Honedge + Double Iron Bash, -Jirachi + Double Iron Bash, -Klang + Double Iron Bash, -Klink + Double Iron Bash, -Klinklang + Double Iron Bash, -Lucario + Double Iron Bash, -Mawile + Double Iron Bash, -Meltan + Double Iron Bash, -Meowth-Galar + Double Iron Bash, -Necrozma + Double Iron Bash, -Pawniard + Double Iron Bash, -Perrserker + Double Iron Bash, -Silvally + Double Iron Bash, -Solgaleo + Double Iron Bash, -Steelix + Double Iron Bash, -Stunfisk-Galar + Double Iron Bash, -Togedemaru + Double Iron Bash, -Zacian + Double Iron Bash, -Zamazenta + Double Iron Bash, -Boltund + Bolt Beak, -Charjabug + Bolt Beak, -Chinchou + Bolt Beak, -Electrike + Bolt Beak, -Galvantula + Bolt Beak, -Heliolisk + Bolt Beak, -Helioptile + Bolt Beak, -Jolteon + Bolt Beak, -Joltik + Bolt Beak, -Lanturn + Bolt Beak, -Manectric + Bolt Beak, -Morpeko + Bolt Beak, -Pichu + Bolt Beak, -Pikachu + Bolt Beak, -Pincurchin + Bolt Beak, -Raichu + Bolt Beak, -Rotom + Bolt Beak, -Silvally + Bolt Beak, -Stunfisk + Bolt Beak, -Togedemaru + Bolt Beak, -Toxel + Bolt Beak, -Toxtricity + Bolt Beak, -Vikavolt + Bolt Beak, -Yamper + Bolt Beak, -Zekrom + Bolt Beak, -Zeraora + Bolt Beak

All you gotta do is replace "USERNAME" with the person you wish to challenge and press enter and boom, instant tour-less STAB 'n' Mega battle on main. Truly, this is likely the best thing to happen to the metagame since the Ditto Ban.

Now that we have that little bit of positivity down, its time to rant about that degenerate set that's been rising, No Guard Gengar. While I have not used it (or tried to then started crying upon trying to optimize the EVs,) its been way more common recently, in no small part to being on a certain team used by one of the players in the ongoing tour, and looks a little bit like this.

:gengar:
Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hypnosis
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast / Zap Cannon

While the set looks formidable at first glance, there's only one (or rather, a combination) that actually looks degenerate. However, the combination of No Guard and, well, any sleep move single-handedly pushes Gengar from being formidable to the center of a talk around a ban. Think about this for a second, while there are plenty of things that would counter this set (Dragon Tail Goodra immediately comes to mind), everything that would counter this set is no longer able to do so when asleep. Dragon Tail Goodra, once asleep, is immediately just setup fodder, for instance. Legit, its not hard to find counters to Gengar, but once they fall asleep, they can't do so anymore, which leads to the fundamentally degenerate aspect of No Guard Sleep: unless you use sleep talk on something that walls its user, you need to run 2 counters to the Pokemon rather than one.

But yeah, nobody argues that there is a problem involved here, the only thing people are discussing is what the problem actually is. Not a small amount of players are saying that Gengar itself is the issue, others believe it to be No Guard, others still think the problem is Sleep moves at their core. So then, let's actually look into each individual case.

Gengar: Gengar is the obvious answer, considering that right now its the only abuser of the combo, making the argument very intuitive. However, the big issue with banning Gengar is that you haven't actually fixed the problem; No Guard Sleep is still legal, and still very much a problem. "So what would be the next abuser if Gengar got banned?" would be the obvious question if that was brought up, and the answer, while not being quite as easy to demonstrate as Gengar comes in the form of 2 Pokemon: Mew and Rotom-Fan. Mew having access to close to every move in the game makes it an obvious candidate if Gengar gets banned, and Rotom-Fan has access to 7 different types, including 2 STABs that go incredibly well with No Guard in Hurricane and Zap Cannon. Therefore, I don't believe Gengar is the fundamental issue that needs to be dealt with.

No Guard: I really hate No Guard in general, I really do. I don't believe its fundamentally broken, but it feels like the most annoying thing for me to deal with, its like it was made specifically to piss me off. No Guard Zap Cannons and Infernos have a way to easily tilt me, but I do not believe this is the issue that is actually causing the problem, for one simple reason: if you ban No Guard, what happens next? Does the set just go away? while that would be nice, I have no doubt in my mind that it would simply be replaced with Compound Eyes for almost the exact same effect. All that would be culled would be the more standard No Guard+Inferno/Zap Cannon sets (which I wouldn't be mad at), it wouldn't actually do the job, and if we wanna get rid of the set, banning No Guard isn't the way to go as far as I can tell.

Sleep Moves: Sleep moves probably have the strongest case for a ban, although there are still issues with this approach. The argument is that banning Sleep is basically a more successful way to get rid of the issue than No Guard, however, there's still some issues with the approach. For instance, we can't just restrict Hypnosis, because doing so would do nothing at all to stop Gengar, since it learns Hypnosis naturally, as does Rotom. Not only that, but Rotom also gets Sleep Powder due to STABmons rulings, so even if you just hard banned Hypnosis, you still have Rotom causing issues. If you decide to just hardban, you have to have a discussion about 2 moves in particular: Yawn and Spore. Spore is already restricted to only Shiinotic (and its pre-evolution but nobody really cares about it), and Yawn is very clearly not an issue (if anything, Yawn might very well be a positive influence on the meta), yet both of these would be on the ticket if all sleep moves is the route we wanna take for dealing with this. Despite this, if I had to pick a route for how we handle Gengar, hardbanning all sleep moves would be my pick.

No Guard + Sleep Moves: I've seen this case enough that it probably warrants a mention. While it may seem intuitive to just complex ban the two problems, it ends up falling apart the moment you take more critical analysis of this idea. The biggest issue is that its basically banning No Guard without actually banning it, which means it'll end up being even more ineffectual at solving the problem. It also doesn't help that complex banning isn't exactly a thing we're allowed to do, thanks to the new OM policy involving bans. Basically, this isn't worth any serious consideration.

Last edited:
STAAABmons announcement!

I've taken the feedback quoted below as well as discussions we had on other mediums like discord into account and will be reaching a decision on o lot of the things i mentioned in my earlier post by the end of this weekend, so that the changes can go into effect by round 3 of the STAAABmons forum tour.

Now that we have that little bit of positivity down, its time to rant about that degenerate set that's been rising, No Guard Gengar. While I have not used it (or tried to then started crying upon trying to optimize the EVs,) its been way more common recently, in no small part to being on a certain team used by one of the players in the ongoing tour, and looks a little bit like this.

:gengar:
Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hypnosis
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast / Zap Cannon
hi it me
ok so I'll admit that I'm bad not the best at STABmons + AAA; I don't have any replays saved of basically any of the things I'm about to talk about because I was too bad to win any full games against the meta's golden children but I swear they're heat techs ok

Hardly a secret that Rotom is gonna be valuable in a STABmons-based metagame, since it has...uh, 7 types to utilize. This gives it pretty awesome coverage and you can do some pretty fun stuff with it, such as Worry Seed + Magnet Pull on Rotom-Heat to catch every Flash Fire mon that ever dared to cross your path, like who do they even think Rotom is, some idiot who can't get around his checks?

While talking about niche status moves it can run, whew, y'all ever hear about this move Strength Sap? What about Haze? Or Nuzzle? oh wait that's not a status

In all seriousness, though, Rotom is one of the best status spreaders, like, ever. Boyo can hit you reliably with 4/5 of the major status conditions (if I'm capable of counting correctly and there are actually 5) which is more than most of these other passive af chumps like Ferro. Pssht, only para sleep and tox?

And why are all of Rotom's best attacks so inaccurate, anyways? I just wanna get away with Zap Cannon but I can't seem to guard :(

There are so many underutilized variants on the No Guard set, too; Hypnosis (I started writing this post a week ago and I swear to god it predated everybody and their mother using hypnogar and hypnotom please believe me), Inferno, Hydro Pump, Hurricane, or hell, you could even get ultra-degenerate with it and just slap octazooka on it and pray for success i swear to gramps no guard tom gets away with too much shit for it to be straightup bad, I'm not crazy

Like reducing speed? Don't like not being able to hit Exca with speed reduction? Try out Icy Wind if you're feeling wild; in fact, try a full Technician set. See how it goes. Bad, right? That's why innovation is a mistake, never try
Escavalier @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- First Impression
- Knock Off/Sticky Web/Drill Run/Close Combat

tinted firstie is broken and I love hitting people with it over and over again, call me basic

but it still hurts tho

both getting called basic and first impression

this post was gonna be much longer but blame tnm for getting tier leader so I have to congratulate him before he drops some crazy decision, grats goat
oh no i dont think triage grasses are enough to keep zera in check
strength sap isnt very reliable as switching to mbounce / anything with low atk / dazzling means minimal heal, and zera can 2ko meaning they can switch in like once
zeraora still beats ferrothorn with fire which i think is the most common triager and i remember having celebi beat by
i would also say dazzling zera but having tc/sheer force is making zeraora over the edge and dazzling ofc removes that

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
wow can't believe gal posted twice in a week, must be sick with corona or smth

creepy crawlie (Orbeetle) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hypnosis
- Sticky Web
- U-turn
- Recover

literally why.png

literally like not even gonna bother trying to explain all these stupid sets

lol limewire (Jolteon) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Sing
- Zap Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Boomburst

highest speed tier ngsleeper ^^^ jolt is silly but probably not the best one tbh

Persian-Alola @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Hypnosis
- Night Daze
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder

one of the best ones in general if you ask me ^^^ but I only say that cause the cat is funny to me

Cinccino @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Sing
- literally
- just
- filler

no guard sleep comes in many shapes in sizes and is obnoxious in every one of them. the mons that can abuse this strat are VERY common, some are beyond crazy w/ customization options (if ng hypnosis mew becomes common this meta is freakin done for)

it's so suffocating to build right now when you can't find ways to check gengar (special ghost type breaker) and chandelure (special ghost type breaker) in the same slot because you can't run primsea and bounce on the same mon and one of the two will always be able to kill you

people aren't generally running those mons on the same team. dedicating two mons to check special ghosts and then still sometimes losing to decidueye or dragapult is just like, why am I even trying rn

this post is becoming long and rambly (and annoying), so I'll wrap it up with my own opinion on the hot button issues I failed to address in any way before because I'm not great at paying attention:

1. Chandelure

it's stupid, get rid

2. No Guard + Sleep

beyond degenerate, banning no guard not only removes the skillful and lesser problematic of the two parts of this combo is really silly and also doesn't fix the issue at all in the meta; people will literally start running compound eyes and wide lens if they are promised frequently accurate sleeps, sleep status is so worthwhile to abuse that I bet you could start charging people a limb each time they clicked the move and they'd still click it for that sweet sweet room tour clout

anyways ban sleep moves across the board imo

3. Triage and Zeraora

I never got around to my zera complaint post but the mon is fearsome to say the least, and while it certainly carries easier hard walls (sap sipper hippo isn't that bad rn imo since it beats strength sap and zera) it can easily pop a mon with good prediction and usually has at least one set that can bypass a particular check.

the end of days where people run moldy zera half the time so you have mini-breakdowns every new battle trying to figure out whether your volt absorb pex is safe or not are coming

triage really doesn't matter to me at this current exact moment because it's so much less problematic than these others goons are imo, but I wanna revisit it in a cleaner meta since it can definitely be problematic, I just dunno yet

4. Melmetal

melm hasn't been that bad yet but we're in chandy meta

give it a few weeks, we'll see p darn quick if it's broken or not

Its been almost a week for the spotlight, and there's almost non-existent contribution to it. I don't like the STABmons Ubers right now as much compared to last gen(it doesn't mean I hate it either), but I'm gonna try everything I can to contribute just for the sake of Mashup Spotlight's purpose.

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Timid / Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Hydro Pump
- Water Shuriken
- Ice Beam / Thunder

Kyogre returned to its old self with its Specs Spout set. There was a one video I used to watch mentioned that Kyogre has no counters, just checks(though, its from Gen4). It has 2 reliably switch-in, but both are niche and are found in lower tiers: Gastrodon and specially defensive Ludicolo(though its from Gen5, but it shows why they are being used in Ubers). Its checks are limited to Ferrothorn(can't switch in to Specs Spout), specially defensive Giratina(still dislikes Ice Beam), defensive Lunala(needs to be at full health) and Kartana, Eternatus or certain faster pokemon (they need webs gone).

Its Gen 4 Analysis did stated that every team must have something or a strategy against Kyogre or it can (almost) destroy the entire team.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Toxic / Pyro Ball

This is another wallbreaker that is hard to switch into due to how powerful V-Create is. Fire/Flying is a great combination given with the fact Rock-types are quite still uncommon (except for like, maybe, Tyranitar?). Zygarde-C lost Shore Up and is unable to used Thousand Arrow due to it being unclickable. Defensive set now have to rely on Resttalk in order to walled out Ho-oh. Zekrom needs to be full defensive in order to take on Ho-oh, thus forgoing its offensive potential, and even then, it hates switching into Earthquake or get crippled by Toxic.

These 2 were I heard cited for having near-lack of reliable switch-ins in that they can be hard to deal or switch into defensively.

The result is all in, and Decorate is now banned from STABmon Doubles with a 3-0 Ban vote.

Ban

Ban

"Decorate is basically Swagger, but with perfect accuracy, can boost Special Attack, and lacks confusion or any status that can potentially harm the receiver, but with limited distribution. It turns almost anything ranging from sweepers such as Dragon Dance Dragapult to fatter Pokemon such as Incineroar, support Snorlax to some pokemon lacking good set-up move such as Melmetal and Zeraora into a hard-hitter by getting free boost while attacking at the same turn, alongside with their ability to Dynamax. Even without Dynamax, its still going to be problematic with just the aforementioned abusers mentioned above. In addition, it is one of few moves that can bypass Protect, so any receiver can used it to take no damage from enemy attacks while safely getting the boost from its ally."

Ban

Ban for sure, decorate being able to boost both spa and attack is pretty good. In reg it isnt broken since its just on one mon while in stabdou it isnt. Mons like grimmsnarl and whimsicott giving it priority tnx to prankster and still being amazing in the metagame is pretty broken. And with dmax in the metagame means u can abuse things like decorate+gmax lapras which is insanely good tnx to g-max resonance. Not to forget about heavy abusers like zera,melmetal with both of them already being amazing on there own getting +2.

Thank you all for participating, now tagging Ransei and drampa's grandpa just in case.

STAAABmons announcement!

While I don't have an official council yet, I've been talking to some people and most of them share my thoughts on the mons i mentioned in my last post.

First I'd like to officially thank Drampa for letting me lead STAAABmons. Hopefully I can make the right decisions and keep the metagame as fun and as balanced as possible.

Second - there will absolutely be a council, as long as there are people willing to join it. However, I'm very likely going to hold off on forming it until the currently running forum tour (https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/stabmons-almost-any-ability-tour-round-1.3660941/) concludes, as that's ideally when most of the decisions regarding suspects, bans and potential unbans are going to happen. The reason for that is I don't want to interfere with the metagame too much as this tournament has already lead to deeper exploration which put some more things on my radar and I fear that quickbanning too much stuff is actively detrimental to the goal of ultimately arriving at a balanced metagame.

Third - My thoughts on the current metagame and considerations for future bans:

The forum tour has lead to new players regularly joining roomtours which let us see some previously underexplored sets in action. My impression so far is that the meta is a bit too saturated with extremely powerful offensive threats which makes it hard to reliably check everything - leading to a metagame that skews offensively (not necessarily a bad thing) and making some games a bit too matchup based (a bad thing). At the same time, I feel like a part of the "mashup experience" (for me at least) is finding fun and powerful sets that often border on broken, so I don't want to dilute the offensive threats too much.

With that being said, here are the specific mons and strats that I'm keeping an eye on:

1) Chandelure - Pretty much everyone who has played STAAAB knows what this does - it's basically Keldeo but more powerful, slower and weak to rocks. The good news is it does actually have switchins such as AV TTar, Goodra and to a lesser extent Hydreigon and Incineroar as well as Normal types with Flash Fire or Primordial Sea. Even then, the fact that the second category of sets is being considered is an indication that this is most likely too powerful. Despite wanting to hold off on any bannings until the forum tour concludes, this is the one thing I'm considering quickbanning.

2) No Guard + Sleep inducing moves - This is a relatively new addition to the posthome meta. While Nailah used No Guard HypnoGar in the beginning of gen 8 (I was using Bounce Mandibuzz so it never felt like a big issue to me back then), it's been relatively absent since then so we didn't get to see it in action. With Chandelure pretty much forcing us to slap regenvest on our ghost switchins, HypnoGar can abuse 100% accuracy hypnosis to get enough boosts to break through mons that would usually check it. It's not the only possible abuser though, as the Rotoms can run similar sets as can Raichu-Alola. The only real counters to this strategy are Magic Bounce mons that resist the Stab move of choice while not being hit SE by any of it's coverage moves and immensely fat mons that can afford to burn some sleep turns and survive the +4 attack once they wake up. The inherent haxy nature of Sleep makes this strat somewhat degenerate, so I might also consider quickbanning this.

4) Melmetal - Steelworker/Tinted Lens Band Melmetal is terrifying. Pretty much the only thing keeping it in check are fat Stamina/Intimidate/Dauntless Shield mons, preferably with a Helmet for residual chip. There's also the cancerous Serene Grace set which can lead to uncompetitive games but the prevalence of Triage and Prankster somewhat keeps it in check. That said, it can also run a Regenvest set which is a positive influence on the metagame.

Apart from Chandelure and possibly No Guard, everything on this list is something I'd rather suspect test than quickban. Feel free to share your thoughts on the things I talked about as well as bring up other mons and sets that you think might be problematic.

I have decided to quickban Zeraora and Chandelure from STAAABmons. Additionally I have decided to address the No Guard + Sleep issue by banning all Sleep inducing moves (Sleep powder, Hypnosis, Sing), apart from Spore. This is because Spore is already restricted and only legal on Shiinotic. Banning Spore is basically the same as banning Shiinotic, which struggles to find a niche as is. Moreover, as a strictly defensive mon, Shiinotic accomplishes way less by putting a mon to sleep than do the mons with access to setup moves. The reason I went for Sleep over No Guard is I felt like a similar, albeit even more haxy effect can be accomplished by running Compound Eyes + Sleep moves, which pretty much defeats the purpose of banning NG in the first place.

STABmons has recently banned electrify, but perhaps with Zeraora out of the metagame the move isn't as much of a problem. I'm gonna refrain from quickbanning it just yet, but it may prove to be banworthy in the future. EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that given that STAB restricts electrify we would have to set tours via AAA in order to keep electrify legal. With that in mind I'm just going to ban it as it's a cancer strat at its core and cant bring anything positive to the metagame, regardless of its relative viability.

TL:DR - banning Electrify, Zeraora, Chandelure, Sleep powder, Hypnosis and Sing from STAAABmons.

Tagging drampa's grandpa for the tour code.

Last edited:
STAAAB post time!

Jirachi @ Light Clay
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Trick Room
- Teleport

Lucario @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Secret Sword
- Vacuum Wave

Snorlax @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Quick Attack
- Belly Drum
- Hammer Arm
- Recover

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Bolt Strike
- Grass Knot

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Ability: Dazzling
Hasty Nature
- Flamethrower
- Spectral Thief
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn

Vespiquen (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Destiny Bond
- U-turn
- Toxic Spikes
- Defog

-Screens Rachi is beautiful. Most teams only have one fogger so if you can abuse that you're good with teleport, regenport rachi is still regenport rachi so it never dies and now dies even less thanks to screens, trick room clutches wins against dangerous mons lategame and aids lax.
-Luke is a fairly straightforward mon, Steel Beam whenever you can or secret sword if there's a goodra. NP+Vwave can help lategame or to get chip on tc zera
-Scrappy Drumlax is not only the team's resident obligatory meme, but surprise kills any non-dazzling pult ever to ease luke's sweeps
Hammer Arm is obligatory coverage and ailk scarf secures various KOs, notably pult itself without rocks
-Not much to say about zera, hella busted mon that kills like anything that isnt va corvi or a doublade, and even blade isnt safe
-Pult is the resident "fuck triage" mon to hard into any predicted triage moves which allows slowly whittling down triagers, flamethrower does enough damage for LO chip on triage ferro to always kill it if it stays in to sunsteel
-Vespiquen is the resident glue mon, because it gets both tspikes and dbond which is a beautiful combination.
Roost didnt fit but on screens you have enough bulk anyway+you usually wanna bond rather than roost
Cinderace @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick
- Sucker Punch

Braviary (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance

Dragapult @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- U-turn
- Spectral Thief

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Grass Knot

Jirachi @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Steel Beam
- Psystrike
- Doom Desire
- Wish

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn
- Tailwind

-This team was designed to somewhat play off team 1, faking a lead screens rachi to hit some wall hard while using mbounce screens pult in case my opp decided to bring more defog or brick break this time.
-FF Braviary is the ultimate chandelure counter and dont try to argue otherwise
-SFLO Cinderace was a mon i wanted to try for a while, it didn't actually do much in the tour game due to hitting an unfortunate roadblock but deals with most common walls (usually 2hkos pheal kommo on switchin with two zens) and has a fine speedtier, plus no one really runs fire resists anymore.
-Dazzling Zera is once more a mixup compared to the above team, and considering that the pult slot was used I didn't have much else to run dazzling on.
-Corvi is a glue mon that spreads chip, gains momentum and answers the broken mon zeraora on top of the support moves it has.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 132 Def / 128 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Roost
- Parting Shot
- Foul Play
- U-turn

Primarina @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Protect

Togekiss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Motor Drive
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Roost

Dragapult @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Flamethrower
- Spectral Thief
- Will-O-Wisp

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Worry Seed
- Blue Flare
- Volt Switch
- Roost

Zeraora @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Bolt Strike
- Close Combat
- Play Rough

-FF mandi is the resident surprise flash fire to catch stray chandelures by surprise and switch into it reliably, moves are usual mandi stuff
runs some sdef to still come into moongeist from full if boots got knocked
-PHeal Primarina was a tech i saw on one of volcanionisgood's teams which i wanted to try, the mon didn't disappoint
-Motor Drive Kiss is the resident "fuck zera" mon and volt absorber, doesnt actually beat zera but chunks it p hard if you come in safely as you always live one move
-dazzlepult is copypasted from team #1 for the same reason i run it there
-Magpull RotomH eliminates VA Corvis for my incredibly broken mon, worry seed snipes stray ff ferros too and volt is volt
-Zera is broken please ban this

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Metal Burst
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

Switchins=0 (Zeraora) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Close Combat
- Play Rough
- Grass Knot

Hawlucha @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- High Jump Kick
- Swords Dance
- Encore

Cloyster @ Choice Band
Ability: Refrigerate
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Ice Shard
- Aqua Jet
- Double-Edge

Virizion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Dynamic Punch

Toxtricity @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Acid Spray
- Boomburst
- Volt Switch

-wanted to build around lucha since it seems solid enough
-lead bisharp is an adaption of my fabled OU lead bish
-zera is there to win games solo so i can say that this squad wins games
-Lucha does what a Lucha can do, encore eases setup and dunks on prankbonders or grabs momentum
-Cloyster was the best ice explosion user i found and dual prio is nice
-Virizion is bootleg gen7 OU serp
-Toxtri is honestly pretty bad, acid spray was supposed to meme on switchins but you dont do enough to actually kill them anyway

Clefable @ Salac Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 28 HP
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Drain Punch
- Play Rough

yes. salac drumburden clef. outpaces scarfpult and even a clef hits hard at +6

technically this is worse slurpuff but the surprise value makes it better than the puff anyway

EDIT: wow that was fast, zera got banned -17 seconds before i posted 'please ban zera'

I've decided to quickban Spore from STABmon Doubles.

:whimsicott: :venusaur: :Ludicolo:
Back in Gen 7, There were reliable ways of stopping Spore with Electric Surge and Misty Surge. However, Gen 8 doesn't have any reliable users of those abilities. Instead, Whimsicott, Venusaur, and Ludicolo become one of the best Spore abusers thanks to the general buff they have received. Furthermore, Spore acts as the best check to Dynamax as it would have either cost valuable Dynamax turns or switch out and lose Dynamax in the process. Indeedee F could stop Whimsicott, but she's usually seen in Trick Room teams. While I did say Safety Goggles before, it doesn't work in practice because there isn't that much demand for it with the lack of Amoonguss. With that being said, if there's any disagreement, I can reconsider. I also do have plans to resuspect it when the Tapu are released.

I also want to address Sun and Rain. In addition to Spore, Rain is still pretty powerful with Water Spout and Ludicolo being able to check Gastrodon even with the lack of crucial members such as Politoed and Kingdra now, whereas Sun is at its all-time best with Torkoal proving itself to be a Chad, Venusaur getting buffs from Earth Power and Weather Ball, and G-max Charizard actually being a formidable threat with G-Max Wildfire doing heavy chip damage and having broken Max Airstream to boost its speed. Leave your thoughts about Sun and Rain to let me know.

=== [gen8stabmons] Lure ttar+bish ===

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Stone Edge
- Crunch

;Clutchbox; (Rotom-Heat) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Photon Geyser
- Nasty Plot

Kommo-o @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Jet

=== [gen8stabmons] lure bish+ttar ===

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Pixilate
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Facade
- Swords Dance

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Head Smash
- Earthquake

:clutchbox: (Rotom-Heat) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spectral Thief
- Roost
- Volt Switch

Celebi @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 128 Def / 252 SpA / 128 SpD
Modest Nature
- Recover
- Giga Drain
- Photon Geyser
- Nasty Plot

Kommo-o @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Iron Defense
- Stealth Rock
- Draco Meteor

Dracovish @ Choice Band
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Aqua Jet

So both of these teams were originally built for a potential BO3 against TNM, but i changed my plans when zera got banned.

From normal sets to the hot stuff, in order:
-prankster Heatbox or hbox for short is the glue it always is, roost is chosen over sap for reliability issues vs darks and sap sippers as it's the best fairy resist i got and i need it around in some games, name chosen because prankbond clutches wins
-Draco PHeal Kommo mainly lures dazzling dragapult, which would otherwise pose a major problem to my dark type sweeper of choice
-OU standard dracovish? yes please
In a meta where Water Absorb is rare, Vish is alot more threatening as a breaker, but exerts less pressure on the whole team at once as both fast mons and prio users are common to make fishious less spammable. Healthy mon
-Recover Celebi, see rotom if you need to know why, rest is standard celery stuff

and now we get to the good part where stuff gets hot.
-Pixilate Facade Bish runs jolly to snipe Kommo-O with the 4x effective Facade, giving DD Mguard TTar an opening. Sucker on tar (and bish, because you may as well make the most out of the other slots you have on bish) makes it capable of dealing with fast threats, as the most probable dazzling user tends to get lured by kommo.

However, as this team was built for a BO3, I created the Mixup Version featuring Pixilate TTar and TC Lowkick Bisharp.
The idea being that your opp remembers the lure set from the first time so you catch them off-guard by luring with the other mon.
Low kick on Bish mainly deals solid damage to Cobalion and ferro, TTars moves should be fairly obvious. Boots on ttar strengthen the Illusion that this is the mguard dd tar from the other game, leading to a nigh-guaranteed kommo switchin if your opp had one.

That was the theory, at least, since I never used it in a BO3 and now people know what this team is up to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)