Project OM Mashup Megathread

I am excited for tier shift to be back. Tier shift allows for many mashups, TS AAA, TS STAAAB, CAAAMO TS, etc. I decided to start looking at potential threats and Silvally
being one of the biggest with 135 across the board (except hp) and a 120 base power move. Another mon that caught my eye was stonjourner
with 165 attack, 175 defense and 110 speed making for a powerful wallbreaker or it can take a defensive role. One last mon that looks really good is Glaceon
in TS STAAAB. Having refrigerate boomburst coming off of a 170 special attack stat with 105 speed.

Ka1xo

Banned deucer.
I am excited for tier shift to be back. Tier shift allows for many mashups, TS AAA, TS STAAAB, CAAAMO TS, etc. I decided to start looking at potential threats and Silvally
being one of the biggest with 135 across the board (except hp) and a 120 base power move. Another mon that caught my eye was stonjourner
with 165 attack, 175 defense and 110 speed making for a powerful wallbreaker or it can take a defensive role. One last mon that looks really good is Glaceon
in TS STAAAB. Having refrigerate boomburst coming off of a 170 special attack stat with 105 speed.
Stonjourner could be a defensive role mon but cant really take special hits due to its semi low special defence but it has reliable hp which mons cant take advantage of which leaves it in a sticky situation in almost all turns of a game but TS being back allows for a huge amount of mashups which will keep me and hopefully the rest of the community happy, at least for a few months

Also in regards of the new TS being released, i genuinely suggest looking at arctovish and arctozolt in tsaaa due to their insane stat boosts which are very very strong and can wipe out whole teams if they dont have a check for it, its similar to the zera and chandy situation in staaab where virtually nothing could switch into it, hell even a max def max hp leafeon still takes over half health with its 170 defence, so in conclusion the arcto duo need suspect testing later on in the future

drampa edit: Please don't double post. I mashed your posts together. You can edit your posts at the bottom of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd week of spotlight having no actions or discussions happening... I ran out of ideas, so I can't post something for it.

Also...
Announcement

Gengar is now banned from holding Mega Stones in Mix and Mega, and this will affect STAB n Mega. It should be noted that it is impossible to unrestrict pokemon from holding Mega Stones in MnM via tour code ( "+Pokemon + Mega Stone" isn't working and the pokemon remains restricted from using Mega Stones)

So after playing some games of tier shift AAA I'll share some sets that I like and have had success with.

Throh (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Protect
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
Stats- 120/140/125/70/125/85
This is very Bulky and what it does is simple bulk up and be a late game cleaner. It eats most special hits and after a bulk up or 2 physical hits do nothing. It can be hard to sweep with things like Noivern but the rest of your team should be able to handle it.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
Standard Noivern Set, really powerful but has reliable switch ins, like regenvest Lanturn. (Rip Noivern being UU so 10 less special attack)

Silvally-Electric @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot/U-turn
This set is just sflo standard but it's proven to be really good in all my games, having 135 special attack and doing 50% to max max throh. Not much can take Boltbeam+Flamethrower.
There are other sets I haven't mentioned that are also good for example regenvest lanturn. I hope to enjoy the rest of the meta and future tier shift mashups to come.

Ka1xo

Banned deucer.
So after playing some games of tier shift AAA I'll share some sets that I like and have had success with.

Throh (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Protect
- Circle Throw
- Knock Off
Stats- 120/140/125/70/125/85
This is very Bulky and what it does is simple bulk up and be a late game cleaner. It eats most special hits and after a bulk up or 2 physical hits do nothing. It can be hard to sweep with things like Noivern but the rest of your team should be able to handle it.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Aerilate
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- U-turn
Standard Noivern Set, really powerful but has reliable switch ins, like regenvest Lanturn. (Rip Noivern being UU so 10 less special attack)

Silvally-Electric @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Parting Shot/U-turn
This set is just sflo standard but it's proven to be really good in all my games, having 135 special attack and doing 50% to max max throh. Not much can take Boltbeam+Flamethrower.
There are other sets I haven't mentioned that are also good for example regenvest lanturn. I hope to enjoy the rest of the meta and future tier shift mashups to come.
In terms of Silvally, it can also run stupidly powerful sets like these
1585905250018.png

Silvally-Fairy/Flying @ Ground Memory
Ability: Pixilate/Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Double-Edge
- Multi-Attack
- Filler

This set has almost unbreakable coverage with the fairy/flying + ground moves along with SD, which can kinda walk through most cores if they dont have an unaware wall to stop it

so since people put TSAAA sets here iMma join in

Lanturn @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Whirlpool
- Scald
- Discharge

Bellossom @ Leftovers
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

AV lanturn just sponges everything special ever.
That is not an overexaggeration.

Bellossom slowly QDs up, taking 5 from everything and healing up when necessary to do so. Moldy beats sap sippers (meme), mbounce grass resists (less meme) and unawares (meta). if you avoid the toxic and/or get burned and your opp lacks a strong fire type this prolly just wins.

Wobbuffet is Wobbuffet, dissuades setup like nothing else and deals with almost all the setuppers in existence, seriously if you somehow manage to find a good wish user to wishpass into this you're p much sweepproof

EDIT: y'alls post way too slow so I have to put these here

Silvally-Dragon @ Poison Memory
Ability: Regenerator/Adaptability
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Flame Charge

The lack of good steels in this meta is disturbing, and fairies also either suck waaay too much or sit in low tiers so sou prolly dont even need the poison memory but yeah

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Skill Swap
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Magic Coat

this thing is DISGUSTINGLY bulky. When I say this i mean that it takes 37% from throh's knockoff and that's while it's still holding lefties.
It's a bit passive but leech still forces lots of swaps, magic coat makes you less passive by not being hazard/taunt/toxic fodder and skill swap is the ultimate dick entire teams in one moveslot tech (example replay) and is run over worry seed because replacing ff with regen is real nice and it scouts abilities

Last edited:
Regenerator may have been banned in base shared power but that will not deny my shAAAred power stall team passive recovery >:)

:ss/toxapex: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/corviknight: :ss/mew: :ss/aegislash: :ss/umbreon:

Toxapex @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Prankster / Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze

Tyranitar @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Foul Play
- Protect

Corviknight @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 146 Def / 114 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Mew @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Corrosion
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Psychic
- Teleport

Aegislash @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

Umbreon @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Ice Scales
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Ka1xo

Banned deucer.
Regenerator may have been banned in base shared power but that will not deny my shAAAred power stall team passive recovery >:)

:ss/toxapex: :ss/tyranitar: :ss/corviknight: :ss/mew: :ss/aegislash: :ss/umbreon:

Toxapex @ Toxic Orb
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze

Tyranitar @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Foul Play
- Protect

Corviknight @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Mew @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Psychic
- Teleport

Aegislash @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

Umbreon @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
Seeing the goat wall itself have poison heal + every other stall ability makes me wanna vomit at how disgustingly good it is lmao

It does seem like it can handle most, if not all ho teams but it could gradually get worn down by other stall teams, other than that its pretty good

Toxapex @ Toxic Orb
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze

Tyranitar @ Toxic Orb
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Foul Play
- Protect

Corviknight @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Mew @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Psychic
- Teleport

Aegislash @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- King's Shield
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball

Umbreon @ Toxic Orb
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect
I'd like to note that Toxic Orb doesn't trigger on Corviknight and Aegislash because Steel-types can't be poisoned. The closest one you'll get them being poisoned is your opponent running Toxic with Corrosion.

I'd like to note that Toxic Orb doesn't trigger on Corviknight and Aegislash because Steel-types can't be poisoned. The closest one you'll get them being poisoned is your opponent running Toxic with Corrosion.
I was told that if I was running corrosion them toxic orb would activate on my side.

lets dump my screens team from the staaab tour so that spheal can post his
Mew @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Defog
- Teleport

Toxtricity @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Shift Gear

Rotom-Mow @ Life Orb
Ability: Triage
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Strength Sap
- Defog

Dragapult @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- U-turn

Obstagoon @ Toxic Orb
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Facade
- Knock Off
- Parting Shot

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Mystical Fire
- Psyshock
- Court Change
Mew is pretty good at setting screens. Prankster increases overall bulk as you screen before they attack, making you less want to heal. Defog to prevent Sticky Web from plowing you over and Teleport to make most work of screens. Used over Necrozma and Jirachi because of Defog.

I needed something that punished defog. Where no further than the electric type? Specifically I wanted one with Fire coverage, and with the potentia SpA bluff Toxtricity is here. Shift Gear is the other reason why I wanted Tox. Fire Punch allows you to beat non FF Ferrothorn and Volt Corvi (the latter more important), so Lefties allow you to switch a lot more aggressively with those 2. Also guys tox in general has been relatively unexplored post Zeraora

I wanted a 2nd Defogger for the security and to beat certain SR users with PP Stall. Rotom was the obvious pick. Triage Grass is a great revenge killer and pairs well with Toxtricity, who can't beat said grass types. Strength Sap OP. Rotom because I didn't remember Deducieye or Celebi existed to bluff coverage. Also to note that in the actual tour match Rotom was max speed b/c i didn't notic.

Dragapult is both a great revenge killer (more reliable than ROtom) and a breaker. Pretty standard set, because of Screens (you win if you sneak vs scarf) and 2 teammates immune to other pult's respective STABs, it was safe to run band.

I wanted to try Obstagoon as it broke things and was suprisingly bulky even without screens. With Toxtricity as a sweeper Obstagoon I did not feel needed SD. Parting Shot over Obstruct/Protect because i like pivioting around/gains the momentum

Sylveon has always been nice to use as a check to dragons, but screens allows it to aggresively switch in. It also doesn't get 2KO's as much under screens, while its nuclear boombursts can damage resists like Corvi and non Regen Escal.
[/spoier]

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
Hi guys, it me! The Worst Gal hath returneth'd again to deliver a moderately good STAAAB team (with more to come when I get bopped in tour, cause I'm still livin ya bish)

:durant::cobalion::rotom-heat::gengar::dragapult::sylveon: (click for team! also, each mon sprite below links to a song- they're relevant I promise)
:durant: Durant is a pretty potent offensive webber at the moment, hitting a very solid speed tier for beating other noted leads and either webbing if it's a good matchup or pivoting out (or perhaps scoring a random kill, lol). Webs are pretty splashable because Magic Bounce is hard to fit on teams, and with many of our tiers strongest hitters struggling immensely vs high-speed threats like Inteleon, Dragapult, Gengar, Cobalion, etc. it is pretty rewarding to try and abuse Webs in general.
:cobalion: Cobalion is probably the most solid rocker in the tier currently, given how well it matches up vs our slew of physical threats as well as how valuable its' ability to threaten Lucario is (non Vacuum sets lose easily, and that coverage struggles vs plenty of things so it isn't nearly as common as you'd maybe think). I opted for Anchor Shot because I like it over Volt Switch but I understand if pivoting is valued, it aids vs magpullers obviously.
:rotom-heat: Mr. Ovens himself helps to check weather and pivots around to get in things like Gengar and Durant that can hit things very hard. I'm a pretty big fan of the offensive max speed set. I also toyed with trying to underspeed other Rotoms for a bit to get the slow pivot but that isn't in the final team. That's because the teambuilder reverted it like four times and honestly I'm so sick of its' bullshit that fine, you win Showdown.
:gengar: Gengar just busts shit open lol I don't know what to say, you trick on the Snorlax or Type: Null or whatever switch they do and make them cry maybe

:dragapult: Dragapult is my main way of dealing with bullshit like Belly Drum Unburden (unless you're running Salac. then I cry into my cereal the next day) and a soft check to +1/+2 gyarados because that mon is like actual poggers lol (also other setup sweepers like clangsoul and what have you)
:sylveon: Pixilate spinning is great, and I think Sylv is the best one right now. You smack things with Boomburst and have Mystical Fire for coverage since Fairy/Fire is fantastic.

Team struggles vs a few things in the metagame (Lucario is ugly, Scarf Draga gives me a fucking headache, and other assorted things) but I think overall I'm comfortable sharing this team—it isn't embarrassing, haha

Here are some replays of it doing work:

vs. wrk5646, gengar and coba are strong

vs. derpeddeath r1, I lose because I clicked body press instead of anchor shot even though I knew his set cause I was scared of clangorous soul (also fucking salac that I somehow didn't see, I thought it was sitrus for some reason)

vs. derpeddeath r2, faced a pretty ideal matchup for this team with an overall lack of speed control and a defensive backbone friendly to the Gengar/Coba/Durant core

vs. aloopuriza, I didn't know Inteleon had Weather Ball and would have ended up losing if he wasn't an idiot (sorry aloo)

Mashups has been the foundation of my mons career and experience and I've learned a lot while playing. Y'all are wonderful to interact with, and when the day comes I have to quit mons I will do it with a heavy heart u_u

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Now that I'm eliminated from the STAAAB tour I thought I'd post some of my teams!
:escavalier::gengar::obstagoon::hippowdon::snorlax::golisopod: - Week 1 v Suicune02
Any team with Specs Gengar is probably going to be OK honestly. This team, and the win it got me are where my obsession with PHeal Goon as an offensive Glue mon came from. Hippo and Lax are both super fat and eat everything while controlling the hazard game, and Escavalier provides some semblance of Speed control.

:stunfisk::heliolisk::ferrothorn::mandibuzz::dragapult::gyarados: - Week 2 v OM
This team was half-meme I admit. Fisk and Lisk are both... viable. But I brought them for teh memez (The Hellborne Heliolisks was the first OMPL team OM and I managed together, for those unaware). However the main thing I got out of this team was that Magic Guard Gyarados is really nice and really hard to stop even at just +1 without the right mons, while having the bulk and staying power to set up fairly easily.

:celebi::kommo-o::rotom-heat::dragapult::toxapex::pangoro:- Week 3 v Redflix
I accidentally deleted my week 3 team unfortunately :( I tried to reconstruct it as well as possible here using my replay.
Celebi:
Kommo-o: Iron Defense / Stealth Rock / Dragon Tail
Rotom-Heat: Volt Switch / Roost
Dragapult: Substitute / Spectral Thief / Dragon Darts / Disable
Toxapex: Knock Off / Recover / Haze / Toxic Spikes
Pangoro: Gunk Shot / Drain Punch / Knock Off

Sub Disable Dragapult hasn't been proving as good as the regular, more offensive sets, but it's still a decent mon because it's Dragapult. Pangoro is a very nice breaker and Triage mon thanks to its excellent STAB typing and Gunk Shot coverage. It really misses very little with a little prediction. I haven't gotten to use Celebi to its full potential yet unfortunately, but I like the look of it. It's quite the deadly mon in STABmons and with Tinted Lens that's only multiplied. At least I think it was Tinted Lens Nasty Plot Celebi. :blobshrug:

:rotom-heat::obstagoon::cobalion::golisopod::togekiss::melmetal: - Semifinals v The Number Man game 1
This team was based around Magnet Pull Rotom-Heat. I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out (read, it's a tiny bit weak to Noivern) but I think the basic concept is pretty sound. Rotom can trap pretty much all Steel types, while Obstagoon can abuse the removal of Pokemon like Corviknight and Cobalion (a little tricky but doable) while simultaneously removing any Shed Shells. I think the back half of the team needs some serious work, but I like that core.

In my match Noivern blew away my entire team. Cobalion forced me into Golisopod too easily, which Noivern could then come in on pretty freely. TNM got a bunch of double switches as well. I was originally going to run Soundproof Togekiss specifically for Noivern too, but it felt too CT-y and I thought "well this won't be useful". And now I feel like an idiot lol.

:hydreigon::gengar::runerigus::type-null::sirfetchd::kyurem: - Semifinals v The Number Man game 2
This team was designed around Hydreigon +Gengar, using the two to wear down each others checks. Null + Runerigus has worked as a decent defensive core for me, one checking the majority of the physical metagame, the other the majority of the special. I enjoy this Kyurem set because it can abuse the switches it forces to set up subs, and doesn't really need coverage. It has some issues given how bulky Pokemon like Corviknight and Cobalion are which can break its subs and threaten it out before it can build up Metronome enough to beat them, as well as with Poison Heal mons which can Protect to ruin its chain. But overall a fun mon. Sirfetch'd is your standard Triage mon. I wasn't really that worried about pult or other Ghost types with this team so I decided a Fighting type would be best.

In my actual match, Hydreigon got in early and swept easily from there. TNM now knows Draining Kiss is contact and procs Obstruct XD.

:lucario::darmanitan::corviknight::goodra::tyranitar::gengar: - Semifinals v The Number Man game 3
This team was built around Refrigespeed Luc. Thunder Punch hits bulky Waters, mostly Pex and Golis, reducing the amount of chip you need to KO them a lot. I was originally going to make this webs of some sort (hence the Darm), but I couldn't find a build I liked with a setter I liked. I think Darmanitan Webs would be super lit right now though. If I was going to replace something on this team it would likely be Goodra. It's just not a very effective special wall unfortunately, despite its massive natural bulk.

This team had a good match but ultimately lost, with a little bit of hax but idt it mattered.

Stuff I didn't bring
:espeon::polteageist::cobalion::gyarados::dragapult::obstagoon:
This team is essentially standard stuff + one memey af core. Simple is banned right? Guess what isn't. Simple Beam! But wait Drampa, how do I get the opponent having Simple to turn into me having Simple? Well duhhhh you use Simple Beam + Eject Button + Trace. You give the opponent Simple, get swapped out, and switch in your Trace mon, in this case Polteageist, and set up to sweep. I ran Psychic Surge on Espeon because Polteageist is super weak to priority when it's at -2 in all defenses, but if you play it right you get three turns of ownage immune to priority.
I don't recommend trying to do this setup earlygame, as it's a one-shot deal, and you don't wanna be missing OHKOs.
I don't care about the rest of the team. Hazards are important, run them. Pult was meant to chip down stuff like Ttar and Goon I think.
I have no replays because I haven't used this yet because it's super memey and was never gonna bring it but it looks fun :D

https://pokepast.es/6b58f555d0fda9cd - This team is absolutely metabreaking, and I decided not to bring it because I felt sorry for The Number Man. I promise you it will never lose in STAAAB without a major rewriting of the rules, and if you open it up you'll see why.

Thoughts on the metagame...
:gengar: This thing improves pretty much any team. It's so super good. I'm tempted to say broken, because switch-ins are basically non-existent, but I'm not ready to commit to that yet. It hits hard, is fast, has an excellent dual STAB, and Focus Miss hits the few things that want to wall it. And of course there's No Guard sets which I should be running too but I just love choiced Adapt so much :X

:comfey: I've heard people complaining about Triage and saying it's broken. Honestly, I didn't see that very much. It's a little restrictive on teambuilding, but moreso as a revenge killing tool than as a sweeping tool, which isn't necessarily that unhealthy. There are plenty of mons who resist each move ESPECIALLY Drain Punch (ghosts are broken) and I don't think it's very helpful to try and bring a 'Triage counter' specifically because they're all rather different by virtue of being different types and variously physical or special (mostly physical right now though).

:noivern: Noivern flattens pretty much all of these teams. Despite not really gaining anything notable over AAA it's still super good here with just the Aerilate set. I hope people not named TNM start using it more.

Yeh that's just about it. GL (Volkner?) to the remaining participants :D

In this pheal infested metagame also known as STAAABmons there is a particular matchup that players often face. PHeal Kommo vs PHeal Primarina. Now some may ask, how do you navigate this matchup when you are clearly disadvantaged as the Kommo player? If your answer is "switch out into my Primarina check", you clearly have no idea what you are doing.

- switch out into my Primarina check? broke
- go for the roll with +6 body press? woke
- ID on the predicted CM/protect? BESPOKE

woke kommo.png

This my friends is the galaxy brain type of play you need to make to win games.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
The Number Man has decided to step down as STAB + Mix and Mega Tier Leader, although he will be remaining on the council. NOC Unlucky 13 will be replacing him.
Thank you TNM for your work on the metagame and our best wishes to NOC going forward with one of our more popular mashups :)

HeatEdgeSword has agreed to lead Camomons Doubles. We wish him the best of luck going forward in growing and balancing the metagame :)

EDIT: I had the wrong mashup that NOC was taking over initially. It's fixed now.

Alright, since I'm TL for STAB 'n' Mega now, I think its about time that I make something that me and the other council members have been talking about since...well, since the council was formed. That's right, the time has finally come: Eternatus will be unbanned.

For those of you who are less familiar with STAB 'n' Mega, let's go over the reasoning for this unban.
  • Despite Eternatus having really solid bulk and defensive typing, its not exactly hard to kill. Part of this is due to being weak to 3 offensive types: Psychic, Ice, and Ground. The best examples of said breakers are Lunala (which can easily switchin and setup on variants lacking toxic), Necrozma-Dusk-Mane (which functions as a full fledged counter), Dragapult (which has a 1/4 chance in 2hkoing it pre-mega), Excadrill/Rhyperior/Mamoswine, and NP Rotoms running Ice Beam, with an honorable mention going to the niche pick of Galarian Darmanitan, which OHKOes it with a band set.
  • Offensive Eternatus variants tend to suffer from Eternatus' shoddy coverage, mostly relying on Flamethrower to hit the common Steels. In fact, ClangSoul Eternatus usually loses to Audinite Water types (like Vaporeon/Gyarados/Mantine), since it can't afford to run Poison STAB in most cases. The only other offensive set, 3 attacks LO, gets walled by Snorlax, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Sablenite Umbreon, and Banettite Toxapex, and those are just the mons I've actually checked can do so without investing in Special Defense.
Overall, I believe it'll be a threat, and will cause teams to change (other than TNM's sample which is already prepped for it), but it is almost certainly not broken enough to keep banned. We are also looking into possibly freeing Zacian-N, although that won't happen until the metagame stabilizes.

/tour new Gen 8 Mix and Mega, elimination
/tour rules STABmons Move Legality, -Ditto, -Bewear + Belly Drum, -Braviary + Belly Drum, -Bunnelby + Belly Drum, -Cinccino + Belly Drum, -Diggersby + Belly Drum, -Ditto + Belly -Drum, -Drampa + Belly Drum, -Dubwool + Belly Drum, -Eevee + Belly Drum, -Heliolisk + Belly Drum, -Helioptile + Belly Drum, -Hoothoot + Belly Drum, -Indeedee + Belly Drum, -Linoone-Galar + Belly Drum, -Meowth + Belly Drum, -Minccino + Belly Drum, -Noctowl + Belly Drum, -Obstagoon + Belly Drum, -Oranguru + Belly Drum, -Persian + Belly Drum, -Pidove + Belly Drum, -Rufflet + Belly Drum, -Silvally + Belly Drum, -Stufful + Belly Drum, -Tranquill + Belly Drum, -Type: Null + Belly Drum, -Unfezant + Belly Drum, -Wooloo + Belly Drum, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Belly Drum, -Vaporeon + Belly Drum, -Jolteon + Belly Drum, -Flareon + Belly Drum, -Espeon + Belly Drum, -Umbreon + Belly Drum, -Leafeon + Belly Drum, -Glaceon + Belly Drum, -Sylveon + Belly Drum, -Bewear + Acupressure, -Braviary + Acupressure, -Bunnelby + Acupressure, -Cinccino + Acupressure, -Diggersby + Acupressure, -Ditto + Acupressure, -Drampa + Acupressure, -Dubwool + Acupressure, -Eevee + Acupressure, -Greedent + Acupressure, -Heliolisk + Acupressure, -Helioptile + Acupressure, -Hoothoot + Acupressure, -Indeedee + Acupressure, -Linoone-Galar + Acupressure, -Meowth + Acupressure, -Minccino + Acupressure, -Munchlax + Acupressure, -Noctowl + Acupressure, -Obstagoon + Acupressure, -Oranguru + Acupressure, -Persian + Acupressure, -Pidove + Acupressure, -Rufflet + Acupressure, -Silvally + Acupressure, -Skwovet + Acupressure, -Snorlax + Acupressure, -Stufful + Acupressure, -Tranquill + Acupressure, -Type: Null + Acupressure, -Unfezant + Acupressure, -Wooloo + Acupressure, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Acupressure, -Vaporeon + Acupressure, -Jolteon + Acupressure, -Flareon + Acupressure, -Espeon + Acupressure, -Umbreon + Acupressure, -Leafeon + Acupressure, -Glaceon + Acupressure, -Sylveon + Acupressure, -Bewear + Shell Smash, -Braviary + Shell Smash, -Bunnelby + Shell Smash, -Cinccino + Shell Smash, -Diggersby + Shell Smash, -Ditto + Shell Smash, -Drampa + Shell Smash, -Dubwool + Shell Smash, -Eevee + Shell Smash, -Greedent + Shell Smash, -Heliolisk + Shell Smash, -Helioptile + Shell Smash, -Hoothoot + Shell Smash, -Indeedee + Shell Smash, -Linoone-Galar + Shell Smash, -Meowth + Shell Smash, -Minccino + Shell Smash, -Munchlax + Shell Smash, -Noctowl + Shell Smash, -Obstagoon + Shell Smash, -Oranguru + Shell Smash, -Persian + Shell Smash, -Pidove + Shell Smash, -Rufflet + Shell Smash, -Silvally + Shell Smash, -Skwovet + Shell Smash, -Snorlax + Shell Smash, -Stufful + Shell Smash, -Tranquill + Shell Smash, -Type: Null + Shell Smash, -Unfezant + Shell Smash, -Wooloo + Shell Smash, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Shell Smash, -Vaporeon + Shell Smash, -Jolteon + Shell Smash, -Flareon + Shell Smash, -Espeon + Shell Smash, -Umbreon + Shell Smash, -Leafeon + Shell Smash, -Glaceon + Shell Smash, -Sylveon + Shell Smash, -Araquanid + Fishious Rend, -Arrokuda + Fishious Rend, -Barbaracle + Fishious Rend, -Barboach + Fishious Rend, -Barraskewda + Fishious Rend, -Basculin + Fishious Rend, -Binacle + Fishious Rend, -Blastoise + Fishious Rend, -Brionne + Fishious Rend, -Chewtle + Fishious Rend, -Chinchou + Fishious Rend, -Cloyster + Fishious Rend, -Corphish + Fishious Rend, -Corsola + Fishious Rend, -Cramorant + Fishious Rend, -Crawdaunt + Fishious Rend, -Dewpider + Fishious Rend, -Drednaw + Fishious Rend, -Drizzile + Fishious Rend, -Feebas + Fishious Rend, -Frillish + Fishious Rend, -Gastrodon + Fishious Rend, -Goldeen + Fishious Rend, -Golisopod + Fishious Rend, -Gyarados + Fishious Rend, -Inteleon + Fishious Rend, -Jellicent + Fishious Rend, -Keldeo + Fishious Rend, -Kingler + Fishious Rend, -Krabby + Fishious Rend, -Lanturn + Fishious Rend, -Lapras + Fishious Rend, -Lombre + Fishious Rend, -Lotad + Fishious Rend, -Ludicolo + Fishious Rend, -Magikarp + Fishious Rend, -Mantine + Fishious Rend, -Mantyke + Fishious Rend, -Mareanie + Fishious Rend, -Milotic + Fishious Rend, -Octillery + Fishious Rend, -Palpitoad + Fishious Rend, -Pelipper + Fishious Rend, -Popplio + Fishious Rend, -Primarina + Fishious Rend, -Pyukumuku + Fishious Rend, -Quagsire + Fishious Rend, -Qwilfish + Fishious Rend, -Remoraid + Fishious Rend, -Rotom + Fishious Rend, -Seaking + Fishious Rend, -Seismitoad + Fishious Rend, -Shellder + Fishious Rend, -Shellos + Fishious Rend, -Silvally + Fishious Rend, -Sobble + Fishious Rend, -Squirtle + Fishious Rend, -Toxapex + Fishious Rend, -Tympole + Fishious Rend, -Vaporeon + Fishious Rend, -Wailmer + Fishious Rend, -Wailord + Fishious Rend, -Wartortle + Fishious Rend, -Whiscash + Fishious Rend, -Wimpod + Fishious Rend, -Wingull + Fishious Rend, -Wishiwashi + Fishious Rend, -Wooper + Fishious Rend, -Aegislash + Shift Gear, -Bisharp + Shift Gear, -Bronzong + Shift Gear, -Bronzor + Shift Gear, -Cobalion + Shift Gear, -Copperajah + Shift Gear, -Corviknight + Shift Gear, -Cufant + Shift Gear, -Doublade + Shift Gear, -Duraludon + Shift Gear, -Durant + Shift Gear, -Escavalier + Shift Gear, -Excadrill + Shift Gear, -Ferroseed + Shift Gear, -Ferrothorn + Shift Gear, -Honedge + Shift Gear, -Jirachi + Shift Gear, -Lucario + Shift Gear, -Mawile + Shift Gear, -Melmetal + Shift Gear, -Meltan + Shift Gear, -Meowth-Galar + Shift Gear, -Necrozma + Shift Gear, -Pawniard + Shift Gear, -Perrserker + Shift Gear, -Silvally + Shift Gear, -Solgaleo + Shift Gear, -Steelix + Shift Gear, -Stunfisk-Galar + Shift Gear, -Togedemaru + Shift Gear, -Zacian-Crowned + Shift Gear, -Zamazenta-Crowned + Shift Gear, -Abomasnow + Spore, -Appletun + Spore, -Applin + Spore, -Bellossom + Spore, -Bounsweet + Spore, -Budew + Spore, -Bulbasaur + Spore, -Celebi + Spore, -Cherrim + Spore, -Cherubi + Spore, -Cottonee + Spore, -Dartrix + Spore, -Decidueye + Spore, -Dhelmise + Spore, -Eldegoss + Spore, -Ferroseed + Spore, -Ferrothorn + Spore, -Flapple + Spore, -Gloom + Spore, -Gossifleur + Spore, -Gourgeist + Spore, -Grookey + Spore, -Ivysaur + Spore, -Leafeon + Spore, -Lombre + Spore, -Lotad + Spore, -Ludicolo + Spore, -Maractus + Spore, -Nuzleaf + Spore, -Oddish + Spore, -Phantump + Spore, -Pumpkaboo + Spore, -Rillaboom + Spore, -Roselia + Spore, -Roserade + Spore, -Rotom + Spore, -Rowlet + Spore, -Seedot + Spore, -Shiftry + Spore, -Silvally + Spore, -Snover + Spore, -Steenee + Spore, -Thwackey + Spore, -Trevenant + Spore, -Tsareena + Spore, -Venusaur + Spore, -Vileplume + Spore, -Virizion + Spore, -Whimsicott + Spore, -Bewear + Extreme Speed, -Braviary + Extreme Speed, -Bunnelby + Extreme Speed, -Cinccino + Extreme Speed, -Diggersby + Extreme Speed, -Ditto + Extreme Speed, -Drampa + Extreme Speed, -Dubwool + Extreme Speed, -Eevee + Extreme Speed, -Greedent + Extreme Speed, -Heliolisk + Extreme Speed, -Helioptile + Extreme Speed, -Hoothoot + Extreme Speed, -Indeedee + Extreme Speed, -Linoone-Galar + Extreme Speed, -Meowth + Extreme Speed, -Minccino + Extreme Speed, -Munchlax + Extreme Speed, -Noctowl + Extreme Speed, -Obstagoon + Extreme Speed, -Oranguru + Extreme Speed, -Persian + Extreme Speed, -Pidove + Extreme Speed, -Rufflet + Extreme Speed, -Silvally + Extreme Speed, -Skwovet + Extreme Speed, -Snorlax + Extreme Speed, -Stufful + Extreme Speed, -Tranquill + Extreme Speed, -Type: Null + Extreme Speed, -Unfezant + Extreme Speed, -Wooloo + Extreme Speed, -Zigzagoon-Galar + Extreme Speed, -Flareon + Extreme Speed, -Glaceon + Extreme Speed, -Jolteon + Extreme Speed, -Leafeon + Extreme Speed, -Vaporeon + Extreme Speed, -Umbreon + Extreme Speed, -Espeon + Extreme Speed, -Sylveon + Extreme Speed, -Aegislash + Double Iron Bash, -Bisharp + Double Iron Bash, -Bronzong + Double Iron Bash, -Bronzor + Double Iron Bash, -Cobalion + Double Iron Bash, -Copperajah + Double Iron Bash, -Corviknight + Double Iron Bash, -Cufant + Double Iron Bash, -Diglett-Alola + Double Iron Bash, -Doublade + Double Iron Bash, -Dugtrio-Alola + Double Iron Bash, -Duraludon + Double Iron Bash, -Durant + Double Iron Bash, -Escavalier + Double Iron Bash, -Excadrill + Double Iron Bash, -Ferroseed + Double Iron Bash, -Ferrothorn + Double Iron Bash, -Honedge + Double Iron Bash, -Jirachi + Double Iron Bash, -Klang + Double Iron Bash, -Klink + Double Iron Bash, -Klinklang + Double Iron Bash, -Lucario + Double Iron Bash, -Mawile + Double Iron Bash, -Meltan + Double Iron Bash, -Meowth-Galar + Double Iron Bash, -Necrozma + Double Iron Bash, -Pawniard + Double Iron Bash, -Perrserker + Double Iron Bash, -Silvally + Double Iron Bash, -Solgaleo + Double Iron Bash, -Steelix + Double Iron Bash, -Stunfisk-Galar + Double Iron Bash, -Togedemaru + Double Iron Bash, -Zacian + Double Iron Bash, -Zamazenta + Double Iron Bash, -Boltund + Bolt Beak, -Charjabug + Bolt Beak, -Chinchou + Bolt Beak, -Electrike + Bolt Beak, -Galvantula + Bolt Beak, -Heliolisk + Bolt Beak, -Helioptile + Bolt Beak, -Jolteon + Bolt Beak, -Joltik + Bolt Beak, -Lanturn + Bolt Beak, -Manectric + Bolt Beak, -Morpeko + Bolt Beak, -Pichu + Bolt Beak, -Pikachu + Bolt Beak, -Pincurchin + Bolt Beak, -Raichu + Bolt Beak, -Rotom + Bolt Beak, -Silvally + Bolt Beak, -Stunfisk + Bolt Beak, -Togedemaru + Bolt Beak, -Toxel + Bolt Beak, -Toxtricity + Bolt Beak, -Vikavolt + Bolt Beak, -Yamper + Bolt Beak, -Zekrom + Bolt Beak, -Zeraora + Bolt Beak, +Eternatus, -Eternatus + Abomasite, -Eternatus + Absolite, -Eternatus + Aerodactylite, -Eternatus + Aggronite, -Eternatus + Alakazite, -Eternatus + Altarianite, -Eternatus + Ampharosite, -Eternatus + Audinite, -Eternatus + Banettite, -Eternatus + Blastoisinite, -Eternatus + Cameruptite, -Eternatus + Charizardite X, -Eternatus + Charizardite Y, -Eternatus + Diancite, -Eternatus + Galladite, -Eternatus + Garchompite, -Eternatus + Gardevoirite, -Eternatus + Glalitite, -Eternatus + Gyaradosite, -Eternatus + Heracronite, -Eternatus + Houndoominite, -Eternatus + Latiasite, -Eternatus + Latiosite, -Eternatus + Lopunnite, -Eternatus + Lucarionite, -Eternatus + Manectite, -Eternatus + Metagrossite, -Eternatus + Mewtwonite X, -Eternatus + Mewtwonite Y, -Eternatus + Pinsirite, -Eternatus + Sablenite, -Eternatus + Salamencite, -Eternatus + Sceptilite, -Eternatus + Scizorite, -Eternatus + Sharpedonite, -Eternatus + Slowbronite, -Eternatus + Steelixite, -Eternatus + Swampertite, -Eternatus + Tyranitarite, -Eternatus + Venusaurite
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STABmons Mix and Mega

BH LC Setpedia is up. Apologies again for a very long overdue. BH LC is my least liked LC Mashup due to a seemingly chaotic meta. I also find it much harder to build in this meta compared to other LC Mashups (a reasoning behind its delay), to the point i'm prioritizing other LC Mashups first, notably Camomons LC and AAA LC, then followed by STABmons LC (and to some extent, Mix and Mega LC). I was gonna delay this again to post for the STAAABmons tour's upcoming conclusion, but considering its delayed for 2 months, i have to post this as soon as possible. ( I'm just gonna hope someone post something here, so i can avoid double posting)

BH LC Setpedia
:abra: Abra
:archen: Archen
:bronzor: Bronzor
:corsola-galar: Corsola-Galar
:cutiefly: Cutiefly
:dreepy: Dreepy
:farfetch Farfetch'd-Galar
:gastly: Gastly
:munchlax: Munchlax
:pawniard: Pawniard
:ponyta: Ponyta
:rufflet: Rufflet
:shellos: Shellos
:spritzee: Spritzee
:tangela: Tangela
:wailmer: Wailmer
:wingull: Wingull

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
To celebrate the release of Tier Shift and the reintroduction of it as an ingredient for our mashups, Tier Shift Almost Any Ability has been chosen as the next spotlight!

This post will be updated with tour code and the initial official banlist later today.
For an unfinished, un-prettied-up banlist for now:
Ability banlist will come from Almost Any Ability, likely without any changes.
Pokemon banlist will be sparce, and will include Arctovish, Shedinja, and Ubers not unbanned in AAA (essentially Marshadow + the high bst mons, or everything besides Darmanitan-G)
Clauses will be pretty standard; 2 ability clause + OU clauses

We have a couple other things on our watchlist (Silvally, Arctozolt, Eviolite, Heat Rock, and Damp Rock) which we encourage you to test and discuss in this thread, along with anything else you think is missing from this initial list / present and shouldn't be and as always, awesome sets.

Enjoy the spotlight!
:drampa:

Last edited:

Tranquility

If I can stop one heart from breaking
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi y'all, this is my first post on this thread (with hopefully many more to come!) and I'd like to discuss something that's become more apparent the past week or two playing in testing games, tours in the room and yes, even the legendary STAAAB Ladder.

Yeah, I'd to talk about the Metal... thing itself, Melmetal!

First I'd like to begin on what makes it in my eyes, one of the best Pokemon in the STAAAB tier. Being the only mon in the tier with access to Double Iron Bash (thankfully because it was banned from other steel-types) is already an appeasing option considering the multitude of Fairies running around in the tier and just an overall breaker with band. I'd like to talk about 3 sets in particular that I've been using over the past two weeks and discuss why it could maybe be too much for the tier.

:Melmetal:
@ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch / Thunder Punch

This is the basic offensive set that would generally be used as a Balance Breaker. The First 3 Moves are pretty good coverage, but bullet punch can be exchanged for Thunder Punch if you just want another option to beat Corv. The ability is also pretty interchangeable too for this offensive set Between Tinted and Something like a Steely Spirit, though Tinted has more overall use beyond just steel type Moves. This set overall is really good, and can even muscle through its checks with Stab DIB. Yes it does get locked and is prone to revenge killing, but the amount of damage it can put on to even the sturdiest mons can not be underestimated.

Calcs for some defensive mons: (Yes, most of these are pretty generous too..)

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Golisopod: 196-232 (55.3 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 240-288 (60 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kommo-o: 216-254 (61 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cobalion: 208-248 (53.8 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

What's interesting to note about these Calc's up there is that all fail to OKHO It back with their standard defensive sets, as Melm takes about 50 to body press and slightly less from Koomer.

Set 2: Bulky Pivot

:Melmetal: @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Superpower

This set sacrifices raw damage for some extra bulk and longevity, and can be just as much of a threat to teams as the first one. While the checks are more definite in terms of the damage taken, the access to the extra bulk and passive recovery by means of Regenerator allows it to act more of a pivot vs Balance/Offense. With the ability to come in and pressure the opponents out, Melm has often lures the checks to it in and allows for the user to counteract that with their own momentum.

Set 3 (Meme): Flinch Hax Abuser

:Melmetal: @ Choice Band
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

This set keep in mind you is wayyyy less conventional than the other two in practice due to the support it requires. The main point of it is that with SG DIB has a 96% chance of flinching, which paired with webs and Para could result in many turns of the opponents not doing anything. This allows it to muscle through and is paired really well with Hex Gengar for this set in particular as they abuse the Para caused by a rotom or w/e. The speed is there for to outspeed many mons under webs and para such as dragapult. The biggest thing to keep in mind here is the support it bring's to it's teammates like Gengar, that would otherwise at times have a hard time beating mons like type null or Bulletproof TTar.

Conclusion:

This mon is really, really good. It can run a multitude of sets that are effective. It allows for it's teammates to bust through many bulkier balance teams, or with bullet punch provide the chip to beat more offensive teams. Often times, it feel likes whoever uses their melm better wins the game (or it could just be my practice matches vs Gal :P). All of these sets do have it's counterplay, but at times this mon does feel a bit overbearing at times even to a team that has Kommer's and Rotoms.

Hi y'all, this is my first post on this thread (with hopefully many more to come!) and I'd like to discuss something that's become more apparent the past week or two playing in testing games, tours in the room and yes, even the legendary STAAAB Ladder.

Yeah, I'd to talk about the Metal... thing itself, Melmetal!

First I'd like to begin on what makes it in my eyes, one of the best Pokemon in the STAAAB tier. Being the only mon in the tier with access to Double Iron Bash (thankfully because it was banned from other steel-types) is already an appeasing option considering the multitude of Fairies running around in the tier and just an overall breaker with band. I'd like to talk about 3 sets in particular that I've been using over the past two weeks and discuss why it could maybe be too much for the tier.

:Melmetal:
@ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch / Thunder Punch

This is the basic offensive set that would generally be used as a Balance Breaker. The First 3 Moves are pretty good coverage, but bullet punch can be exchanged for Thunder Punch if you just want another option to beat Corv. The ability is also pretty interchangeable too for this offensive set Between Tinted and Something like a Steely Spirit, though Tinted has more overall use beyond just steel type Moves. This set overall is really good, and can even muscle through its checks with Stab DIB. Yes it does get locked and is prone to revenge killing, but the amount of damage it can put on to even the sturdiest mons can not be underestimated.

Calcs for some defensive mons: (Yes, most of these are pretty generous too..)

252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Golisopod: 196-232 (55.3 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Corviknight: 240-288 (60 - 72%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kommo-o: 216-254 (61 - 71.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Melmetal Double Iron Bash (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cobalion: 208-248 (53.8 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

What's interesting to note about these Calc's up there is that all fail to OKHO It back with their standard defensive sets, as Melm takes about 50 to body press and slightly less from Koomer.

Set 2: Bulky Pivot

:Melmetal: @ Assault Vest
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake
- Superpower

This set sacrifices raw damage for some extra bulk and longevity, and can be just as much of a threat to teams as the first one. While the checks are more definite in terms of the damage taken, the access to the extra bulk and passive recovery by means of Regenerator allows it to act more of a pivot vs Balance/Offense. With the ability to come in and pressure the opponents out, Melm has often lures the checks to it in and allows for the user to counteract that with their own momentum.

Set 3 (Meme): Flinch Hax Abuser

:Melmetal: @ Choice Band
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake

This set keep in mind you is wayyyy less conventional than the other two in practice due to the support it requires. The main point of it is that with SG DIB has a 96% chance of flinching, which paired with webs and Para could result in many turns of the opponents not doing anything. This allows it to muscle through and is paired really well with Hex Gengar for this set in particular as they abuse the Para caused by a rotom or w/e. The speed is there for to outspeed many mons under webs and para such as dragapult. The biggest thing to keep in mind here is the support it bring's to it's teammates like Gengar, that would otherwise at times have a hard time beating mons like type null or Bulletproof TTar.

Conclusion:

This mon is really, really good. It can run a multitude of sets that are effective. It allows for it's teammates to bust through many bulkier balance teams, or with bullet punch provide the chip to beat more offensive teams. Often times, it feel likes whoever uses their melm better wins the game (or it could just be my practice matches vs Gal :P). All of these sets do have it's counterplay, but at times this mon does feel a bit overbearing at times even to a team that has Kommer's and Rotoms.
regenvest melm true set :blobtriumph:

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
RegenVest Melm is the true set, being able to survive vs prim and kill it real good is significant enough but also you are given more chances to stay in on things that normally chase you out like Coba to deliver a superpower (like 55% I think?). On top of this, you act as one of the best hard stops to things like Noivern and Sylv just by virtue of being fat and uber-threatening to the frail but potent boomburst breakers the tier has always been accommodating to.

In the interest of actually contributing to the spotlight, uh...

Pikachu is a lot of fun! Oh, and Scarf Stonjourner is funny sometimes. Oh, oh, oh! Silv-Flying with Ground Memory is...not a Best Gal original, per se, but it is strong and uh...

Yeah I kinda suck at TSAAA this gen so I can't contribute anything of note :psysad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)