Project OM Mashup Megathread

Not sure if I'm allowed to discuss mashups that aren't mentioned above, but I took a look at Flipped LC and noted the things that appear to be the metagame's main cast. Some of the staple mons from Flipped definitely have their children performing the same role (i.e. Growlithe, Salandit, Rhyhorn, Munchlax, Vullaby), with a few of them looking better than their adult counterparts (i.e. Natu). However this version of the meta is missing the physical attacking Fairies and the defensive Dragons of the original, and appears to have a far greater abundance of Water pokemon, most of which are offensively inclined. I noticed many more potential attackers than I did defensive mons, with several of those being pressured by all the water types (Growlithe, Ponyta, and Salandit). There are also more special attackers than physical, and fewer special walls than physical. Based on this, I would guess that this mashup would lean offensive. Then again, that's what we thought of the original meta but it actually became pretty balanced after a few bans.
(though I should note that I'm not very familiar with LC so my judgement of which stats are good or bad may be off)

Physically Defensive
:Abra::Growlithe::Staryu::Salandit::Natu::Porygon:.

Specially Defensive
:Ponyta::Ponyta-Galar::Mienfoo::Larvesta:

Support
:Joltik::Drilbur::Magnemite:

Sweepers
Physical::Munchlax::Scraggy:
Special::Rhyhorn::Vullaby::Slowpoke::Shellder::Exeggcute:
Mixed::Squirtle::Lickitung:

Wallbreakers:
Physical::Mantyke::Frillish::Tentacool::Mime Jr.::Snover::Farfetch
Special::Onix::Koffing::Pumpkaboo::Krabby::Horsea:

Could potentially be unbanned:
:Cutiefly::Rufflet::Drifloon::Gastly::Vulpix-Alola::Cherubi: :Swirlix:not sure about this one

Last edited:
:Swirlix:not sure about this one
Uhhh
No.
"Just start the gen with Sneasel and Swirlix banned and let us work out how much of the rest is broken"-LC's Gen 8 Policy. And that was in the period it didn't have Belly Drum. I'm pretty sure if it had base 20 Attack and SpA it would find ways to sweep things.
Banned as a consequence of Chlorophyll ban, rather than banned as a mon.
Veil sweepers go brrr.
As long as Recycle remains a move: Please no.
...maybe
Webs and screens go brrr. And then it starts to Quiver Dance.
Wallbreakers:
Special::Onix:
"Ah s*** here we go again."

Alright, so I've been taking a massive interest in CAAAmomons recently, so I decided to start working on a VR for it, partly because I like making VRs and partly because there's a painful lack of resources for it. So then, here we have the CAAAmomons VR!

Note: All offensive Pokemon here can run Adaptability, so if a Pokemon is offensive, just assume it can run it. It'd just be kinda bland seeing it on basically half of all the Pokemon here if I listed it every time in my opinion.

S+ Rank

Mew (Intimidate, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, No Guard, Prankster, Sheer Force, Tough Claws)

S- Rank

Jirachi (Flash Fire, Regenerator, Sheer Force, Tinted Lens)

A+ Rank

Alakazam (Psychic Surge, Sheer Force, Tinted Lens)
Avalugg (Dauntles Shield, Levitate, Unaware)
Dragapult (Poison Heal, Sheer Force, Technician)
Terrakion (Mold Breaker, Tinted Lens, Tough Claws)

A Rank

Chansey (Magic Bounce, Unaware, Sticky Hold)
Gengar (No Guard, Sheer Force)
Marowak-Alola (Magic Guard, Tinted Lens, Tough Claws)
Urshifu (Tinted Lens, Tough Claws)
Volcarona (Magic Guard, No Guard, Sheer Force)

A- Rank

Corsola-Galar (Prankster)
Hatterene (Psychic Terrain, Sheer Force, Tinted Lens)
Kommo-o (Poison Heal, Unburden)
Lucario (Aerilate, Galvanize, Magic Guard, Pixilate, Refrigerate, Scrappy, Sheer Force, Tough Claws)
Magearna (Sheer Force, Tinted Lens, Triage)
Polteageist (Dazzling, Psychic Surge, Queenly Majesty, Unburden)
Toxapex (Magic Bounce, Prankster, Unaware)
Tyranitar (Poison Heal)

B+ Rank

Clefable (Magic Bounce, Poison Heal, Regenerator)
Coalossal (Poison Heal, Regenerator)
Darmanitan-Galar (Magic Guard, Tinted Lens, Tough Claws)
Drifblim (Prankster)
Goodra (Regenerator)
Haxorus (Tough Claws)
Keldeo (Tinted Lens)
Necrozma (Magic Guard, Psychic Surge)
Rhyperior (Poison Heal, Regenerator, Tough Claws)
Wigglytuff (Magic Bounce, Poison Heal, Regenerator)

B Rank

Arcanine (Galvanize, Pixilate, Sheer Force)
Celebi (Intimidate, Magic Bounce)
Cloyster (Unburden)
Darmanitan (Magic Guard, Tinted Lens, Tough Claws)
Dracozolt (Tough Claws)
Drednaw (Magic Guard)
Eiscue (Dazzling, Queenly Majesty, Unburden)
Mantine (Magic Bounce, Unaware)
Mr. Rime (Sheer Force)
Vaporeon (Magic Bounce, Poison Heal, Unaware)

B- Rank

Arctovish (Strong Jaw)
Lycanroc (Tough Claws)
Noivern (Aerilate)
Ribombee (Mold Breaker)
Shuckle (Mold Breaker)
Sirfetch'd (Grassy Surge, Sniper, Tough Claws)
Slowbro (Regenerator)
Slowking (Regenerator)
Turtonator (Poison Heal, Regenerator)

C Rank

Orbeetle (Magic Bounce, Poison Heal)
Scrafty (Magic Guard)

Acupressure and Belly Drum has been quickbanned in STABmons Doubles!

While those aren't broken by any means or even used much, it is decided that Acupressure and Belly Drum should be restricted for numerous reasons.

To simply put, Acupressure is uncompetitive with its ability to sharply boost a random stat, including evasion, something that's not allowed in most smogon tiers. On top of that, Acupressure can also be used on the ally with the added benefit of not being redirected by Follow Me/Rage Powder. Naturally, bulky users such as Chansey and Porygon2 can capitalize on it if luck is on their side. Or Tauros with its high speed. Since there's no benefit of keeping Acupressure other than encouraging uncompetitive plays, I've decided to restrict it. Furthermore, the restriction will be placed in SM STABmons Doubles as well.

Meanwhile, while they aren't that many Belly Drum users that can take advantage of it well compared to native users, Belly Drum can punish you for not paying much attention in addition to Extreme Speed to demolish any faster foes. It isn't downright broken as it is relatively difficult to pull off, but it's decided that Belly Drum should be restricted to prevent unpredictable steamrolling. Unlike Acupressure, I will not apply the ban to SM STABmons Doubles, at least not yet.

If there's any disagreement, feel free to discuss it. In the meantime, here's the updated tour code with Acupressure and Belly Drum restrictions.

/tour new [Gen 8] Doubles OU, round robin
/tour rules STABmons Move Legality, -Shedinja, -Silvally, *Acupressure, *Belly Drum, *Bolt Beak, *Decorate, *Double Iron Bash, *Fishious Rend, *Shift Gear, *Shell Smash, *Spore, -Drizzle++Swift Swim
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STABmons Doubles

Furthermore, let's discuss whether or not to ban Snorlax in STABmons Doubles, as well as discussing Expanding Force in AAA Doubles.

Posting a set for AAA Uber, because I don't see some posting about it for past 2 weeks, it seems.

:ss/zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Tinted Lens / Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Behemoth Blade / Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Swords Dance

Zacian-Crowned is unable to used Intrepid Sword due to AAA rules ("Ability" is hardbanned even on native users), so the replacement is Tough Claws or Tinted Lens. But their damage output is lowered(slightly on the former) compared to Intrepid Sword, and Zacian-Crowned is locked into Rusted Sword, in which it can't used a damage-boosting item such as Choice Band or Life Orb. Zacian-Crowned still has huge Attack stat, and a great Speed where it can still outspeed base 130s such as Mewtwo when using an Adamant Nature. Its good, but not as great as Isword Zac-C in my opinion.

And for other mashups...
Camomons LC Setpedia, STABmons LC Setpedia, AAA LC Setpedia were updated, once again, and here's some changes:
Camomons LC
*Updated sets for :grookey:, :Mienfoo:, :Ponyta:, :Porygon:, :Staryu:
*Fixed :onix:'s Ground/Fighting set where there was no link

STABmons LC
*Added :Chinchou:, :Corphish:, :Shellder:
*Updated sets for :Frillish:, :Munchlax:, :Ponyta:
*Removed :Woobat:

AAA LC
*Added :Abra:, :Carvanha:, :Sandshrew-Alola:, :Staryu:
*Updated set for :Chinchou:, :Ponyta-Galar:, :Spritzee:, :Timburr:, :Vullaby:
*Fixed :Farfetch's set where the link is not working, also updated
*Removed :Stunky:

BH LC Setpedia's update is still being working on, but I supposed I can give one of the upcoming sets to be included:
:sm/abra:
Abra @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Level: 5
EVs: 236 Def / 236 SpA / 236 SpD / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Expanding Force

And unfortunately, as I have some other stuff to do (mainly still preparing for both LC Swiss and LC Open), Post-DLC Sample Teams for LC Mashups will be delayed for very long, but I'm still working on it if I get myself some free time.

2 CAAAMOmons teams:

Triage Mag + Mglo Mew bulky offense
:mew: :magearna: :slowbro: :scizor: :mandibuzz: :dragapult:

Gameplan: Break with Pult + one of the two setup mons with assistance from slowbro future sights, use the other setup mon to win.

Pheal pult tspikes balance
:dragapult: :jirachi: :toxapex: :mew: :mandibuzz: :kommo-o:

Gameplan: Set Tspikes, Poison the opposing ghost normal type, break with Mew then win with Pult

Last edited:

Best Gal

once upon a time wont last forever
DLC 1 Usage-Based UU tiers for OMs

I decided to revisit an old passion project of mine, one that I carried over from gen 7: Usage-Based UUs.

The methodology is simple, since we just take the already-collected ladder stats each month and use the rise/drop cutoff percent this gen, 4.52%. I used the 1760 ladder stats posted this month; if this approach seems erroneous, please let me know.

A major change I am pushing with the tour code is specifically the name; many users found the ambiguous wording of, for instance, "[Gen 8] Almost Any Ability UU", as it leaves it unclear if the tier is AAA tacked onto the UU tier (which it isn't), or a usage-based tier below AAA as was intended. Going forward I intend to have all the tour codes be named with, for instance, "[Gen 8] STABmons Usage-Based UU". Hopefully this helps clear up some of the misconceptions about these formats heading into the future.

Only species are touched by bans. I won't be touching abilities/moves/items.

Here's the pastebin featuring all the codes!

Banlist:
Alakazam, Barraskewda, Bisharp, Chansey, Cinderace, Conkeldurr, Corviknight, Dhelmise, Excadrill, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Gengar, Golisopod, Hippowdon, Kommo-o, Kyurem, Magearna, Mandibuzz, Mantine, Marowak-Alola, Mew, Milotic, Noivern, Palossand, Rotom-Wash, Skarmory, Slowbro, Talonflame, Terrakion, Togekiss, Toxapex, Tyranitar, Urshifu-Single-Strike, Volcarona, Weavile
Banlist:
Blissey, Chansey, Darmanitan-Galar-Zen, Dragapult, Dusclops, Eternatus, Ferrothorn, Golisopod, Incineroar, Jellicent, Kyurem-Black, Kyurem-White, Lunala, Magearna, Marowak-Alola, Marshadow, Melmetal, Mewtwo, Necrozma-Dawn-Wings, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Primarina, Reshiram, Rhydon, Snorlax, Solgaleo, Steelix, Type: Null, Umbreon, Urshifu-Single-Strike, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta, Zamazenta-Crowned, Zekrom
Banlist:
Arcanine, Blissey, Cinderace, Clefable, Corviknight, Ditto, Dragapult, Excadrill, Hippowdon, Indeedee, Kyurem, Lucario, Lycanroc-Dusk, Magearna, Magnezone, Mandibuzz, Mew, Necrozma-Dusk-Mane, Noivern, Palossand, Porgon-Z, Rotom-Heat, Salazzle, Shuckle, Slowbro, Terrakion, Toxapex, Toxtricity, Urshifu-Single-Strike, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Volcarona, Weavile, Weezing-Galar, Zamazenta
Banlist:
Aegislash, Alakazam, Azumarill, Bewear, Chansey, Cinderace, Corviknight, Crawdaunt, Ditto, Drapion, Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, Indeedee, Kingdra, Kommo-o, Magearna, Marowak-Alola, Obstagoon, Pelipper, Porygon-Z, Primarina, Rillaboom, Rotom-Heat, Rotom-Wash, Sableye, Scolipede, Seismitoed, Slowbro, Slowking, Sylveon, Tangrowth, Terrakion, Toxapex, Type: Null, Tyranitar, Urshifu-Single-Strike, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Weezing-Galar, Zeraora
Banlist:
Beheeyem, Blastoise, Blissey, Braviary, Chandelure, Coalossal, Copperajah, Dubwool, Dusknoir, Golurk, Goodra, Gourgeist, Gourgeist-Super, Gurdurr, Hitmontop, Indeedee-F, Kadabra, Liepard, Milotic, Ninjask, Pikachu, Pinchurchin, Quagsire, Raboot, Rillaboom, Rotom-Frost, Scyther, Shedinja, Silvally-Fairy, Silvally-Dark, Skuntank, Stunfisk, Throh, Torracat, Toxapex, Umbreon, Vaporeon, Wishiwashi

Camomons didnt have usage stats so whenever those come I'll do one for it too. I really enjoyed Camo UU last gen, so I hope this gen it's also good :)

Hey guys, :chansey: is pretty broken in all STAB mashups with Transform... I think that need put on the radar for a suspect or a direct ban... You can manage a good battle until Chansey comes click on transform and gg.

Remember that eviolite still give the boost for the transform Chansey and with an insane amount of HP that is pretty dangerous, for example in BH we have specifics strategies to deal only with Chansey Imposter because is horrible, please I'm not the only one that think this, other guys in OM Mashups chat room are also agreed.

:sm/snorlax:
Snorlax has been quick-banned in STABmons Doubles!

With its access to Extreme Speed, Snorlax can wreak havoc once it pulls off Belly Drum. This is further escalated by Chansey's support with Fake Out, Follow Me, and more importantly, Transform. Snorlax has been a huge headache for quite a while now and has proven itself to be overcentralizing, it is decided to ban Snorlax.

/tour new [Gen 8] Doubles OU, round robin
/tour rules STABmons Move Legality, -Shedinja, -Silvally, -Snorlax, *Acupressure, *Belly Drum, *Bolt Beak, *Decorate, *Double Iron Bash, *Fishious Rend, *Shift Gear, *Shell Smash, *Spore, -Drizzle++Swift Swim
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] STABmons Doubles

However, it seems that Greedent will be taking its place. With that being said, if I were to ban Extreme Speed instead sometime later, I would revoke the ban of Snorlax. The only issue is besides those two, there aren't that many problematic Extreme Speed users. I've tried Diggersby, it was meh. Obstagoon wasn't that impressive in the grand scheme of things too. If I made my decision for Greedent, I might update later in this post.

In the meantime, let's discuss Follow Me as I planned to suspect test.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Banlist:
Aegislash, Alakazam, Azumarill, Bewear, Chansey, Cinderace, Corviknight, Crawdaunt, Ditto, Drapion, Ferrothorn, Hippowdon, Indeedee, Kingdra, Kommo-o, Magearna, Marowak-Alola, Obstagoon, Pelipper, Porygon-Z, Primarina, Rillaboom, Rotom-Heat, Rotom-Wash, Sableye, Scolipede, Seismitoed, Slowbro, Slowking, Sylveon, Tangrowth, Terrakion, Toxapex, Type: Null, Tyranitar, Urshifu-Single-Strike, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Weezing-Galar, Zeraora
:keldeo: Keldeo is STABmons UU while Toxapex, Azumarill, Seismitoad, Primarina (why?), and Pelipper are not. That thing is gonna be terrifying.

:blissey::mudsdale: Blissey + Mudsdale looks super hard to break (what's a Keldeo) just due to raw bulk. Doublade + Blissey looks even better... except Doublade is super reliant on wishpassing. SkarmBliss could also make a comeback.

:gyarados: Gyarados somehow isn't STAB OU. This already has almost no reliable counters in STABmons and that's only going to get more noticeable, especially since it can use non-Toxic Mudsdale as setup bait.

:scizor: Fewer fire types is really nice for everyone's favorite Rock/Paper type. The best remaining fire type looks to be Incineroar, and that isn't a particularly good answer to Scizor thanks to a Bug neutrality and weakness to Scizor's Fighting coverage, as well as being outsped. Scizor will likely chunk a lot of the meta really hard.

:salazzle::incineroar::torkoal: Having said that; sun looks lit. All the other weathers are effectively banned or are shit :abomasnow:. V-Create is a broken move. Eruption Salazzle in Sun has almost* no switchins. You can even run the Weather Ball + Growth + Chlorophyll Pokemon with the highest SpA, Maractus. Or you know, use Venusaur like a pleb.
252 SpA Choice Specs Salazzle Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Sun: 379-447 (53 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

*Goodra, Milotic, Mantine, Thick Fat Snorlax, a couple Flash Fire mons... and I think that's it?

BEEP BEEP TIME TO POST
Alright, I got 2 new teams to post, then a bit of discussion about CAAAmomons I want to get in (I have less to say about STAB 'n' Mega because as much as I love it, not a whole lost of innovation has happened there :/)

STAB 'n' Mega:

:wigglytuff: :gourgeist: :toxapex: :magearna: :chansey: :umbreon:

Recently built this nightmare of a semistall team for SnM, entirely designed around Wigglytuff. Yes, you read that right, not Magearna or some other broken mon, I mean the notoriously bad shitmon that is Wigglytuff. Why did I build around it? Well, it has Stealth Rock, and Gardevoirite allows it to scare out the most common Sablenite user in the meta, Mandibuzz. Now, getting Stealth Rocks up in a meta where a ton of Pokemon can easily remove it seems really meh...until you realize that nobody uses hazard removal, because why would you? The rest of the team is a pretty generic stall setup, Chansey is, believe it or not, still stupid post-stone ban, Magearna is still being a problem mon, Toxapex might not even need a stone tbh, and Gourgeist is the best answer to Zamazenta in the metagame. Umbreon is mostly a filler slot, but it is decent against Volcarona.

CAAAmomons:

:marowak-alola: :slowking: :chansey: :avalugg: :mew: :toxapex:

This team is less successful than the other one I've posted, but it's an absolute blast to play! I've even included an instruction manual, in case you don't know how to use it, so it shouldn't really need a longer description!

Just gonna talk a little bit about a metagame that's only just now starting to be explored, CAAAmomons.

:marowak-alola:
When I made the VR, I greatly underestimated Alolan Marowak. This thing is insanely good right now, easily capable of deleting 2 Pokemon before being forced out. Oh yeah, it's one of the few things capable of 2HKOing Avalugg with an unboosted physical attack, so there's that as well. In fact, if Mew wasn't a thing, I'd probably say this should be banned, and if Mew gets banned, I'd advocate for this thing to go alongside it. Seriously, this thing hits stupidly hard, and only intimidate water/flying Mew is a reliable counter. Hell, I've had a blast playing Semistall with Slowking+Alolan Marowak, so you can stall for a bit, go into Slowking, go through TR->Teleport, then just delete a couple mons, and repeat. It's an absolute blast to use this in partial Trick Room, but probably not something that should be left around.

:mew:
This thing is way too unhealthy for the meta. Just full stop, it needs to be banned. Why, you may ask? Well, it can do LITERALLY EVERYTHING. I don't mean it can do a lot of things, I mean there is literally 0 things Mew cannot do. Defensive sets? Sure, it might not be the next Avalugg/Chansey/Blissey, but it can wall certain threats that none of those can, like the aforementioned Alolan Marowak. Offensive sets are where Mew really shows how unhealthy it is, however. Like sure, it can't just OHKO everything immediately like, say, AWak or Alakazam can, but after a boost it comes pretty damn close! The biggest reason it should be banned, however, is how much of a stranglehold it has on teambuilding. Sure, you can use Slowbro/Slowking, but why bother when you can run the same set with Mew? Wow, that Galarian Corsola set you have there is nice, but...mew is just better? Legit, the only time Pokemon like this even get considered is when you've already lost your Mew slot.

:dragapult:
Not really sure why people think Dragapult should be banned, but eh, Substitute Poison Heal Dragapult is really annoying to fight when using Trick Room, so I'd have no problem with this thing getting the banhammer alongside Mew/Alolan Marowak. I wish I had more to say, but I really don't think about it enough to have any more to say.

:alakazam:
While I thought Alakazam was broken when the DLC first dropped, I've kinda began to realize that it's not that big of a threat. Dark/Poison is a really good type anyway, Defog is really good, and Chansey/Blissey are stupidly good as it stands, so I really don't think it's as big of a threat as I first thought it was. Nonetheless, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing it at least looked at some point.

Last edited:
Ransei and I have decided to go with Leader's Choice for this month's spotlight, which means that Camomons + Almost Any Ability is the next Mashups spotlight (July 21st - August 22nd)!

This meta has been relatively unexplored, barring some things that Noc mentioned earlier and his VR that was posted a few weeks ago, so I'd like to introduce a few topics for discussion. As some of you may know, our mashups have banlists that don't always precisely follow the banlists of their component metas. I think now is a good time to discuss whether some mons that are banned by Camomons could be unbanned here and whether Dragapult (banned by AAA, but currently legal in CAAAMO), Mew and Marowak-Alola are banworthy in CAAAMO.

:Dragapult: The usual AAA pult sets work well in CAAAMO, altho they are easier to handle given the fact that Regenvesters can run any powerful defensive type combo they want (Fairy/Steel, Dark/Poison, Water/Electric for example) making it harder for special Pults to make progress vs teams. In my experience, the most obnoxious Pult set has been Normal Ghost Pheal as coupled with a way to pressure opposing Normal Ghosts it can be extremely hard to wall while being immortal due to Pheal.

:Mew: The issue with Mew as Noc already mentioned is that it performs 80% of roles better than any other possible mon, given it's expansive movepool and access to any ability it wants to use. This means, that often its a mistake not to run Mew. It does also hold the tier together, acting as glue for teams since it can perform any role necessary, which is one of the reasons I feel like the Mew issue isn't as clear cut as it may seem.

:Marowak-Alola: Noc already said a lot about this mon, so I dont have much to add except that I don't think it's as unwallable as he says and the low speed is not trivial.

:Hydreigon: IIRC Hydra was banned in Camo because it abused Ground weak typings +Levitate along with a great movepool (Plot Roost Fog great coverage) and 600 BST. But in CAAAMO, many other mons can abuse Ground weak + Levitate and some even opt to run damage boosting abilities instead. The question is then, does Hydra still warrant a ban? My instinct is no, although I'd like to hear what everyone else has to say too.

:Darmanitan-Galar: Gtact with 2 stab moves was broken, I think we can all agree about that. However, in Caaamo Gdarm cant use Gtact as it's banned by AAA. Given that, I think this could also be unbanned as there exist breakers that can reach similar levels of power to something like Adapt Gdarm, altho I'd like to hear everyone else opinion on this too.

:Kyurem: Kyurem abused Pressure + Steel/Flying as well as Ice/Ground special sets which led to it being banned in Camo. It might be freeable here, altho the uber tier stat total is very scary when you can choose your typing and your ability. I'm leaning towards no here.

:Zeraora: Zera was banned by both AAA and Camo and I think we should keep it that way as CAAAMO Zera is basically faster, more versatile Dragapult.

TLDR: Should we ban Pult, Mew, Alowak? Should we free Hydreigon and Darm G (and Kyurem)?

Tour code can be found in the repository, but I pasted it here for ease of access.
Code:
/tour new gen8camomons, elimination
/tour rules !Obtainable Abilities, -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Stakeout, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Shedinja, 2 Ability Clause
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
/tour name [Gen 8] Camomons + Almost Any Ability
Have fun with the new spotlight!

Ransei and I have decided to go with Leader's Choice for this month's spotlight, which means that Camomons + Almost Any Ability is the next Mashups spotlight (July 21st - August 22nd)!

This meta has been relatively unexplored, barring some things that Noc mentioned earlier and his VR that was posted a few weeks ago, so I'd like to introduce a few topics for discussion. As some of you may know, our mashups have banlists that don't always precisely follow the banlists of their component metas. I think now is a good time to discuss whether some mons that are banned by Camomons could be unbanned here and whether Dragapult (banned by AAA, but currently legal in CAAAMO), Mew and Marowak-Alola are banworthy in CAAAMO.

:Dragapult: The usual AAA pult sets work well in CAAAMO, altho they are easier to handle given the fact that Regenvesters can run any powerful defensive type combo they want (Fairy/Steel, Dark/Poison, Water/Electric for example) making it harder for special Pults to make progress vs teams. In my experience, the most obnoxious Pult set has been Normal Ghost Pheal as coupled with a way to pressure opposing Normal Ghosts it can be extremely hard to wall while being immortal due to Pheal.

:Mew: The issue with Mew as Noc already mentioned is that it performs 80% of roles better than any other possible mon, given it's expansive movepool and access to any ability it wants to use. This means, that often its a mistake not to run Mew. It does also hold the tier together, acting as glue for teams since it can perform any role necessary, which is one of the reasons I feel like the Mew issue isn't as clear cut as it may seem.

:Marowak-Alola: Noc already said a lot about this mon, so I dont have much to add except that I don't think it's as unwallable as he says and the low speed is not trivial.

:Hydreigon: IIRC Hydra was banned in Camo because it abused Ground weak typings +Levitate along with a great movepool (Plot Roost Fog great coverage) and 600 BST. But in CAAAMO, many other mons can abuse Ground weak + Levitate and some even opt to run damage boosting abilities instead. The question is then, does Hydra still warrant a ban? My instinct is no, although I'd like to hear what everyone else has to say too.

:Darmanitan-Galar: Gtact with 2 stab moves was broken, I think we can all agree about that. However, in Caaamo Gdarm cant use Gtact as it's banned by AAA. Given that, I think this could also be unbanned as there exist breakers that can reach similar levels of power to something like Adapt Gdarm, altho I'd like to hear everyone else opinion on this too.

:Kyurem: Kyurem abused Pressure + Steel/Flying as well as Ice/Ground special sets which led to it being banned in Camo. It might be freeable here, altho the uber tier stat total is very scary when you can choose your typing and your ability. I'm leaning towards no here.

:Zeraora: Zera was banned by both AAA and Camo and I think we should keep it that way as CAAAMO Zera is basically faster, more versatile Dragapult.

TLDR: Should we ban Pult, Mew, Alowak? Should we free Hydreigon and Darm G (and Kyurem)?

Tour code can be found in the repository, but I pasted it here for ease of access.
Code:
/tour rules !Obtainable Abilities, -Arena Trap, -Comatose, -Contrary, -Fluffy, -Fur Coat, -Gorilla Tactics, -Huge Power, -Ice Scales, -Illusion, -Imposter, -Innards Out, -Intrepid Sword, -Libero, -Moody, -Neutralizing Gas, -Parental Bond, -Protean, -Pure Power, -Shadow Tag, -Simple, -Stakeout, -Speed Boost, -Water Bubble, -Wonder Guard, -Shedinja, 2 Ability Clause
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
Ban Mew into the next available universe. Pult I am currently on the fence about. A-Wak I think is fine. I find it interesting that Chansey wasn't mentioned here at all! That may become a problem mon but I guess that's a discussion for another day.

Wow, my favorite post-DLC mashup is the spotlight (sorry STAB 'n' Mega, but Blissey format is a trauma I will never recover from), and while I want to get to all of what TNM has suggested for the meta, I just want to look deeply at one particular thing he mentioned in particular, in addition to it being repeated by PokaPK in the next post.
Ban Mew into the next available universe. Pult I am currently on the fence about. A-Wak I think is fine. I find it interesting that Chansey wasn't mentioned here at all! That may become a problem mon but I guess that's a discussion for another day.
Now, I want to laser focus on this for a bit, because I didn't actually provide damage calcs for its matchup vs Avalugg in my initial post, and I'd like to clarify on it's few "flaws" for a bit. That said, for the rest of what I'm discussing on Alolan Marowak, I'm assuming a Trick Room set (which is, again, ludicrously easy to set via Slowking with Water/Dragon) using Adaptability with Ground/Ghost, which is what I use.

The first type I've seen avalugg use is Water/Poison, although what I'm saying here also applies to Steel/Fighting to a lesser extent. Water/Poison is generally ran with unaware the few times you see it, so you don't have to worry about Dauntless Shield/Swords Dance here. So, how does the incredible physical wall handle this premier physical attacker?

252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 320-380 (81.2 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Yikes, that's not a counter at all! But, to be fair, that's only if you hit it directly with an Earthquake on the swap, surely Poltergeist/Shadow Bone into EQ can't ki-

252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 136-162 (34.5 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Poltergeist (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 176-208 (44.6 - 52.7%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO

...Well then, but I'm sure Dauntless Shield will counter, even when dealing with a weakness to one of Alolan Marowak's most common STAB move!

252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Earthquake vs. +1 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 216-256 (54.8 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

...hmm, that didn't actually work at all, Avalugg is still dead. Well, of course, Steel/Fighting and Water/Poison aren't the only types Avalugg can use, surely a more bulky one in Steel/Poison with Levitate can work to wall it-oh wait, it's a 22.3% chance for a Poltergeist 2HKO, and that goes up by a fair bit if you get off a Swords Dance.

+2 252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Poltergeist (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 350-412 (88.8 - 104.5%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Well then...The only other decent type that Avalugg can run is pure normal, which, in all fairness, does escape the 2HKO range. The problem, however, is that pure normal is pretty bad on Avalugg, as it means that it has a weakness to Fighting, which is...not great for a physical wall.

252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg: 160-190 (40.6 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So yeah, the only way Avalugg, the most obscene physical wall in the tier, can escape the 2HKO from Alolan Marowak is to run pure normal and sacrifice on the insane walling power that is Steel/Poison or the amazing fighting resist that is Water/Poison, but surely this isn't all that is required to make a Pokemon broken, right? Surely, Alolan Marowak's speed should disqualify it from getting banned, right? Well, I'd agree...but then you realize just how crazily well it pairs with Slowking. Water/Dragon Slowking is already fairly awkward to fight, but pair it with the ability to just bring in this physical nuke and you start to see where the problems come in. Then you also realize that Slowking gets Trick Room and the nightmare that is Alolan Marowak really starts to rear its ugly face towards not just stall, but offense. After all, if you think those damage calcs against the strongest physical wall in the tier were scary, just wait until you see it against just about any other threat.

252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 438-516 (138.1 - 162.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Alakazam: 646-760 (257.3 - 302.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Terrakion: 318-376 (98.4 - 116.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Shadow Bone vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcarona: 414-488 (133.1 - 156.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Thick Club Adaptability Marowak-Alola Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Urshifu: 344-406 (100.8 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I could go on for ages, but basically, unless you make a set specifically to hardwall Alolan Marowak, you are probably going to lose multiple Pokemon to it, and because of how easy it is to bring it in while TR is active with Slowking's support, I think it's fair to say that Alolan Marowak is easily banworthy, as much as I really enjoy using it.

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk.

Alright, lemme get to the other Pokemon TNM mentioned, and hopefully none of them will take as long as Alolan Marowak did to go through. Also, I do want to skip over Dragapult/Mew, because I've already stated my thoughts beforehand, and I really don't want to repeat myself too much.

When I've been trying to build some more bulky teams, it has been a shame that Hydreigon was banned, but I don't really know if that would be a good enough reason to legalize it. The biggest issue with legalizing Hydreigon for me is that it gets Nasty Plot now, and it isn't exactly slow/weak/frail either. I'd say just make some tours with it legal every now and then and we can see after a bit if it's worth keeping banned.

Wait, Darmanitan-G was banned this whole time? I thought nobody was using it because it sucks. Ah well, might as well unban it to be honest.

This is another Pokemon I think is in the Hydreigon situation, although Kyurem really doesn't have Nasty Plot, so it's slightly less explosive. What it does have, however, is Dragon Dance, which is...probably broken? Honestly, I really don't have too much of an opinion on Kyurem being unbanned, I just think we've gotta wait and see.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

no. never let this thing see the light of day.

Honestly, I'm really excited for this spotlight, a little sad that I won't be as active for it as I'd like with CAPPL going on, but eh, that's just how it be sometimes.

Last edited:

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
i dont think g-darm will do any harm to cAAAmo, so i think it deserves a chance

I also dont think mew is that big of a problem. While it is true that not using it is a mistake, it doesnt have a near unbeatable set that forces the meta around it. I believe that it helps in teambuilding so much by being able to do literally anything. Although a mew-less meta would be very interesting

Code:
/tour autostart 10
/tour autodq 4
:Mew: The problem with mew is that it can run any typing and any ability making it 100% unpredictable on team preview. Sets like Nasty Plot Electric Flying Mew- Arguably the best Pokemon in Camo as of now, gaining something like SLFO or Intimidate. Even though it is basically a pokemon that glues the meta together, that's not a good enough reason to keep it allowed. So I'd say Ban because it's very hard to check every single one of Mew's viable sets.

:hydreigon: The reason for this ban in Camomons was because of it gaining Dragon Dance and more so Nasty plot pairing with it's very large movepool makes it (like mew) very hard to check all of it's sets. Now with AAA added it can run more of a threatening ability like Poison Heal or Adaptability. Im going to say Ban.

:kyurem: Kyurem with it's 130 Atk stat with Steel/Flying DD makes it able to break through most if not every team. Weather Ball/Specs sets are also big threats so I'm leaning towards ban but it can defo test it sometime.

I think the other ones are pretty self explanatory and were talked about above so I'll just leave it there.

Excited to see CAAAmomons as the spotlight and I hope I and many others will enjoy this meta.

Last edited:

Tranquility

Kuru~Kuru
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Sorry for the delay on this, but without further ado here is the Updated VR for STAAAB following the release of the dlc! Keep in mind these are subject to change and are not all set in stone, and take into account how a mon would preform in the current meta. Feel free to discuss any placements or make a request for a change! The more discussion the better!

STAAAB VIABILITY RANKINGS
Created by Axgwd and The Number Man

S-

:chansey: Chansey (Unaware, Prankster, Regenerator)
Golisopod (Regenerator, Poison Heal, Triage, Tinted Lens)
Tyranitar (Regenerator, Bulletproof, Magic Guard, Tinted Lens)
Urshifu-Single-Strike (Tough Claws, Adaptability, Guts)

A+

Alakazam (Psychic Surge, Sheer Force)
Blissey (Unaware, Regenerator, Poison Heal)
:Corviknight: Corviknight (Magic Bounce, Unaware, Regenerator, Dauntless Shield, Thick Fat, Delta Stream, Stamina, Flash Fire, Volt Absorb)
:Jirachi: Jirachi (Regenerator, Magic Guard, Unburden)
Kyurem (Sheer Force, Adaptability, Technician)
Mandibuzz (Stamina, Magic Bounce, Magic Guard, Regenerator)
Alola Form
Marowak-Alola (Adaptability, Tinted Lens, Desolate Land, Chlorophyll)
Togekiss (Sheer Force, Triage, Magic Bounce, Dauntless Shield, Magic Guard)
Toxapex (Prankster, Unaware, Volt Absorb, Levitate)
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (Adaptability, Technician, Tinted Lens, Sniper)

A

Azumarill (Poison Heal, Prankster, Dauntless Shield, Magic Bounce)
Hippowdon (Intimidate, Stamina, Dauntless Shield)
Hydreigon (Poison Heal, Sheer Force, Mega Launcher, Adaptability)
Kommo-o (Poison Heal, Regenerator, Unburden, Triage)
Mamoswine (Technician, Adaptability)
Noivern (Aerilate)
Rotom Sprite
Rotom-Heat (Prankster, Magnet Pull, Desolate Land, Drought, Triage)
Runerigus (Magic Bounce, Poison Heal, Dauntless Shield, Water Absorb)
Zarude (Triage, Grassy Surge, Guts)

A-

Excadrill (Magnet Pull, Flash Fire, Technician)
Doublade (Regenerator, Adaptability, Flash Fire)
Gengar (Sheer Force, No Guard, Adaptability, Merciless)
Gyarados (Motor Drive, Magic Guard)
Heliolisk (Adaptability)
:Inteleon: Inteleon (Primordial Sea,Tinted Lens, Swift Swim)
Jolteon (Electric Surge, Galvanize, Refrigerate)
Lucario (Magic Guard, Galvanize, Refrigerate)
Magnezone (Electric Surge, Regenerator)
Mew (Regenerator, Magic Bounce, Unaware, Poison Heal)
Primarina (Poison Heal, Sheer Force, Triage, Primordial Sea)
Snorlax (Poison Heal, Regenerator, Unaware)

B+

Cinderace (Desolate Land, Magic Guard, Sheer Force)
Cobalion (Regenerator, Magic Guard)
Dhelmise (Grassy Surge, Triage)
Dracovish (Poison Heal, Adaptability, Swift Swim)
Dracozolt (Magnet Pull, Adaptability, Poison Heal)
Escavalier (Regenerator, Tinted Lens, Steelworker)
Gallade (Adaptability, Triage)
Gardevoir (Triage, Poison Heal, Psychic Surge)
Lycanroc (Magic Guard)
Ninjask (Magic Guard)
Salazzle (Desolate Land, Adaptability)
Skarmory (Stamina, Dauntless Shield)
Slowbro (Poison Heal, Dauntless Shield, Magic Bounce)
Talonflame (Magic Guard)
Weavile (Adaptability, Technician, Dazzling)
Galarian Form
Weezing-Galar (Prankster)

B

Bisharp (Adaptability, Chlorophyll)
Celebi (Triage, Poison Heal)
Cloyster (Dazzling, Regenerator, Galvanize)
Darmanitan (Desolate Land, Magic Guard, Sheer Force, Tough Claws)
Decidueye (Triage, Adaptability)
Drampa (Adaptability)
Durant (Regenerator, Tough Claws, Adaptability)
Ferrothorn (Flash Fire, Triage, Magic Bounce, Dauntless Shield)
Hatterene (Psychic Surge, Poison Heal, Triage)
Heracross (Tinted Lens, Adaptability, Triage)
Mantine (Regenerator, Volt Absorb, Primordial Sea)
Palossand (Poison Heal, Unaware, Dauntless Shield)
Pangoro (Triage, Tinted Lens)
Porygon Z (Adaptability, Galvanize, Refrigerate)
Porygon 2 (Regenerator, Unaware)
Rhydon (Regenerator)
Rhyperior (Regenerator, Poison Heal, Magic Guard, Dauntless Shield)
Rotom Sprite
Rotom-Wash (Prankster, Drizzle, Primordial Sea)
Seismitoad (Poison Heal, Regenerator, Dauntless Shield)
Steelix (Flash Fire, Dauntless Shield, Water Absorb)
Sylveon (Pixilate, Regenerator, Soundproof, Storm Drain)
Vikavolt (Electric Surge, Punk Rock)

B-

Hawlucha (Magic Guard, Poison Heal)
Incineroar (Desolate Land, Poison Heal, Regenerator)
Kingdra (Poison Heal)
Lanturn (Regenerator)
Mienshao (Tough Claws, Adaptability)
Milotic (Regenerator)
Necrozma
Necrozma (Poison Heal, Psychic Surge)
Obstagoon (Poison Heal)
Polteageist (Dazzling)
Sirfetch'd (Triage, Tinted Lens)
Galarian Form
Stunfisk-Galar (Flash Fire, Regenerator)
Tangrowth (Intimidate, Triage)
Tentacruel (Regenerator)
Type-Null (Regenerator, Unaware, Stamina)
Vaporeon (Poison Heal, Regenerator)

C+

Amoonguss (Magic Bounce, Prankster)
Avalugg (Dauntless Shield, Intimidate)
Barraskewda (Primordial Sea, Tough Claws)
Claydol (Regenerator, Poison Heal)
Clefable (Regenerator, Poison Heal, Magic Bounce)
Dragalge (Regenerator)
Goodra (Regenerator)
Gourgeist (Unaware, Prankster)
Virizion (Poison Heal, Triage)

C

Aegislash (Unaware, Regenerator)
Braviary (Gale Wings, Magic Guard)
:Coalossal: Coalossal (Regenerator, Poison Heal)
Grimmsnarl (Poison Heal)

Oranguru (Cheek Pouch, Harvest)

Pikachu (Triage, Galvanize, Refrigerate)

Rotom Sprite
Rotom-Fan (Triage)

Galarian Form
Slowbro-Galar (Regenerator, Prankster)
:Toxtricity: Toxtricity (Galvanize, Merciless)
Umbreon (Unaware, Poison Heal)

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay on this, but without further ado here is the Updated VR for STAAAB following the release of the dlc! Keep in mind these are subject to change and are not all set in stone, and take into account how a mon would preform in the current meta. Feel free to discuss any placements or make a request for a change! The more discussion the better!

S

Magearna (Regenerator, Triage, Magic Guard, Sheer Force)

A+

:Corviknight: Corviknight (Magic Bounce, Unaware, Regenerator, Intimidate, Thick Fat, Delta Stream, Stamina, Flash Fire, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb)
:jirachi: Jirachi (Regenerator, Magic Guard, Psychic Surge, Prankster, Unburden, Unaware)
Alola Form
Marowak-Alola (Adaptability, Tinted Lens, Desolate Land)
Melmetal (Tinted Lens, Steelworker, Regenerator, Flash Fire)
Type-Null (Regenerator, Unaware, Intimidate, Stamina)
Tyranitar (Regenerator, Bulletproof, Magic Guard, Soundproof)
Volcarona (Desolate Land, Magic Guard, Turboblaze, Tinted Lens)

A

Chandelure (Desolate Land, Chlorophyll, Tinted Lens)
Excadrill (Magnet Pull, Flash Fire, Regenerator, Technician)
Hydreigon (Poison Heal, Sheer Force, Mega Launcher, Unburden, Dazzling)
Kyurem (Sheer Force, Adaptability, Poison Heal, Technician)
Mandibuzz (Stamina, Magic Bounce, Unaware, Volt Absorb)
Primarina (Poison Heal, Regenerator, Sheer Force, Triage, Tinted Lens, Primordial Sea)
Rotom Sprite
Rotom-Heat (Prankster, Storm Drain, Magnet Pull, Desolate Land, Drought)
Togekiss (Sheer Force, Triage, Magic Bounce, Tinted Lens)
Toxapex (Prankster, Unaware, Volt Absorb, Corrosion)
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (Poison Heal, Adaptability, Technician)
Urshifu-Single-Strike (Poison Heal, Tough Claws, Adaptability, Guts)

A-

Azumarill (Poison Heal, Volt Absorb, Dauntless Shield, Magic Bounce)
Escavalier (Regenerator, Tinted Lens, Steelworker, Flash Fire)
Ferrothorn (Flash Fire, Triage, Prankster, Regenerator, Magic Bounce)
Gengar (Sheer Force, No Guard, Adaptability, Merciless, Regenerator)
Golisopod (Regenerator, Poison Heal, Triage)
Heracross (Tinted Lens, Adaptability, Triage, Regenerator)
Hippowdon (Intimidate, Magic Bounce, Unaware, Stamina)
Lycanroc (Magic Guard)
Ninjask (Magic Guard)
Talonflame (Magic Guard, Volt Absorb)
Tentacruel (Regenerator)
Weavile (Adaptability, Technician)

B+

Lucario (Magic Guard, Galvanize, Pixilate, Refrigerate)
Slowbro (Unaware, Poison Heal)

B

Barraskewda (Adaptability, Primordial Sea)
Bisharp (Adaptability, Chlorophyll, Dry Skin)
Clefable (Regenerator, Poison Heal, Magic Bounce, Intimidate)
Dragalge (Regenerator)
Goodra (Regenerator)
Gourgeist (Unaware, Magic Bounce)
Hatterene (Psychic Surge, Poison Heal)
Heliolisk (Galvanize, Adaptability, Prankster)
Lanturn (Regenerator)
Mantine (Regenerator, Volt Absorb)
Milotic (Regenerator)
Noivern (Aerilate)
Rhydon (Regenerator)
Rhyperior (Regenerator, Poison Heal, Magic Guard)
Rotom Sprite
Seismitoad (Poison Heal, Regenerator)
Skarmory (Magic Bounce, Flash Fire, Stamina)
Galarian Form
Slowbro-Galar (Regenerator, Storm Drain)

B-

Amoonguss (Unaware, Magic Bounce, Prankster)
Cloyster (Dazzling, Regenerator)
Doublade (Regenerator)
Grimmsnarl (Poison Heal)
Incineroar (Desolate Land, Magic Guard, Poison Heal)
Kingdra (Poison Heal)
Necrozma
Obstagoon (Poison Heal)
Palossand (Poison Heal, Regenerator, Unaware)
Polteageist (Dazzling)
Rotom Sprite
Rotom-Fan (Triage)
Runerigus (Unaware, Poison Heal)
Toxtricity (Galvanize, Merciless, Regenerator)
Umbreon (Unaware)
Galarian Form
Weird nom:

Pikachu UR -> B or B-

Pikachu's super underrated. Light Ball obviously. Galvanise Fake Out + Espeed (learnt naturally) can pack a mean punch and revenge kill a whole lot of mons, like Skarmory, Corviknight, Vaporeon, Barraskewda, Slowbro, gets some easy chip on offensive Pokemon via Fake Out, to the point of killing neutral damage Pokemon like Lucario. It can also run Refrigerate to shock some Kommo-os, Noiverns and Gourgeists, with Bolt Strike / Plasma Fists dishing out heavy damage. Tough Claws / Adaptability can be used to get a meaner Bolt Strike, while still having the revenge kill capabilities.

Also late AAA Ubers teams:

Marshadow @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Close Combat
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics

Urshifu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sniper
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Zekrom @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Defog
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

Primarina @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flip Turn
- Whirlpool
- Scald
- Moonblast

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- U-turn
- Thunder Punch

Zacian-Crowned @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Tinted Lens
Jolly Nature
- Behemoth Blade
- Play Rough
- Swords Dance
- Agility

Mew @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Flip Turn
- Infestation
- Dragon Tail
- Super Fang

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic

Zekrom @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Jolly Nature
- Bolt Strike
- Outrage
- Roost
- Tailwind

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Tailwind
- Toxic

The first team is by far my favorite, I was going for Hyper Offence (by far the best playstyle) but Primarina sorta ended up there after I realised I lost to Reshiram and KyuB. I might edit in a fuller description later.

1) I'm very happy to announce the STABmons + Almost Any Ability roomtour cup!

This was originally intended to be a trashchannel ladder tour, inspired by the idea of "STAAAB Ladder Saturdays" that was discussed a few weeks ago in the mashups discord, however this seemed like a simpler implementation. The Information document is here, but I will be providing some info in this post as well.

General information
For the following 3 weeks, we will be holding 3 scheduled STAAABmons tournaments in the mashups PS room every Friday, Saturday and Sunday. These tournaments will give points to the winner, finalist and semifinalists depending on tour size. These points will be used to create a leaderboard. After three week(end)s the top 4 or 8 (if less than 16 total players - top 4, else top 8) will enter seeded single elimination playoffs (top seed plays the lowest seed) where they will play Bo3 matches to establish the eventual winner.

Tournament schedule
Tournaments will be held every Friday, Saturday and Sunday starting this week, on Friday July 24th. This means that tournaments will be held on the following days: July 24th-26th, July 31st - August 2nd and August 7th - August 9th. The first tournament of each day will be held at 12PM (midday) GMT+2, while the following two will be held at at 6PM GMT+2 and 12AM (midnight) EDT (GMT-4)*.
*midnight EDT translates to 6AM GMT+2 of the following day

What's in it for the winner?
Winner gets bragging rights, a custom role in the discord and possibly a shoutout in the room intro.

I'd like for this tournament to be used as a way to get usage stats and winrate data, so if possible please save your replays when playing in these roomtours and send them to me, Gal, Dylan or Roldski in discord PMs so we can input them into the spreadsheet. If this turns out to be successful, I'd like to expand this concept to other Mashups as well. Have fun!

2) Transform has been restricted from STABmons + Almost Any Ability

This means that only natural users (Mew and Ditto) can use it from now on. The link in the code repository has been updated to reflect this change.
There's been a good number of people talking about how broken Transform Chansey is because it's such a good antisetup tool without even running Unaware. Transform let Chansey run Regenerator + Tport to act as a pivot while also having the ability to transform vs setup sweepers and use its insane Eviolite boosted HP pool to easily win the 1v1 and threaten to countersweep, unless there is a hard counter on the enemy team. While switching into a passive mon could prevent most of the damage Transform Chansey could do, its existence often made special setup sweepers not just useless but an actual liability. The question was whether to ban Chansey or restrict Transform and we decided to do the latter as banning Chansey would likely have lead to people using Blissey and to a lesser extent Snorlax, Null and P2 to perform the same role instead.

We will be monitoring the impact of this decision on the metagame, as both Volcarona and Magearna benefit massively from this change.

3) Following community feedback, I have decided to unban Darmanitan-Galar from Camomons + Almost Any Ability!

The link in the code repository has been updated to reflect this change.

I have mentioned possible bans as well, and a decision will be reached as soon as possible, however the community response wasn't as uniform on those points so I need to work out how to approach this issue.

EDIT: Fixed tournament schedule section to make it a bit more clear.

Last edited:

Don Vascus

Certified Wednesday Poster
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

S

Magearna (Regenerator, Triage, Magic Guard, Sheer Force)

A+

:Corviknight: Corviknight (Magic Bounce, Unaware, Regenerator, Intimidate, Thick Fat, Delta Stream, Stamina, Flash Fire, Volt Absorb, Water Absorb)
:jirachi: Jirachi (Regenerator, Magic Guard, Psychic Surge, Prankster, Unburden, Unaware)
Alola Form
Marowak-Alola (Adaptability, Tinted Lens, Desolate Land)
Melmetal (Tinted Lens, Steelworker, Regenerator, Flash Fire)
Type-Null (Regenerator, Unaware, Intimidate, Stamina)
Tyranitar (Regenerator, Bulletproof, Magic Guard, Soundproof)
Volcarona (Desolate Land, Magic Guard, Turboblaze, Tinted Lens)

A

Chandelure (Desolate Land, Chlorophyll, Tinted Lens)
Excadrill (Magnet Pull, Flash Fire, Regenerator, Technician)
Hydreigon (Poison Heal, Sheer Force, Mega Launcher, Unburden, Dazzling)
Kyurem (Sheer Force, Adaptability, Poison Heal, Technician)
Mandibuzz (Stamina, Magic Bounce, Unaware, Volt Absorb)
Primarina (Poison Heal, Regenerator, Sheer Force, Triage, Tinted Lens, Primordial Sea)
Rotom Sprite
Rotom-Heat (Prankster, Storm Drain, Magnet Pull, Desolate Land, Drought)
Togekiss (Sheer Force, Triage, Magic Bounce, Tinted Lens)
Toxapex (Prankster, Unaware, Volt Absorb, Corrosion)
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike (Poison Heal, Adaptability, Technician)
Urshifu-Single-Strike (Poison Heal, Tough Claws, Adaptability, Guts)

A-

Azumarill (Poison Heal, Volt Absorb, Dauntless Shield, Magic Bounce)
Escavalier (Regenerator, Tinted Lens, Steelworker, Flash Fire)
Ferrothorn (Flash Fire, Triage, Prankster, Regenerator, Magic Bounce)
Gengar (Sheer Force, No Guard, Adaptability, Merciless, Regenerator)
Golisopod (Regenerator, Poison Heal, Triage)
Heracross (Tinted Lens, Adaptability, Triage, Regenerator)
Hippowdon (Intimidate, Magic Bounce, Unaware, Stamina)
Lycanroc (Magic Guard)
Ninjask (Magic Guard)
Talonflame (Magic Guard, Volt Absorb)
Tentacruel (Regenerator)
Weavile (Adaptability, Technician)

B+

Lucario (Magic Guard, Galvanize, Pixilate, Refrigerate)
Noivern (Aerilate)
Slowbro (Unaware, Poison Heal)

B

Barraskewda (Adaptability, Primordial Sea)
Bisharp (Adaptability, Chlorophyll, Dry Skin)
Clefable (Regenerator, Poison Heal, Magic Bounce, Intimidate)
Dragalge (Regenerator)
Goodra (Regenerator)
Gourgeist (Unaware, Magic Bounce)
Hatterene (Psychic Surge, Poison Heal)
Heliolisk (Galvanize, Adaptability, Prankster)
Lanturn (Regenerator)
Mantine (Regenerator, Volt Absorb)
Milotic (Regenerator)
Oranguru (Stuffed Cheeks)
Rhydon (Regenerator)
Rhyperior (Regenerator, Poison Heal, Magic Guard)
Rotom Sprite
Seismitoad (Poison Heal, Regenerator)
Skarmory (Magic Bounce, Flash Fire, Stamina)
Galarian Form
Slowbro-Galar (Regenerator, Storm Drain)

B-

Amoonguss (Unaware, Magic Bounce, Prankster)
Cloyster (Dazzling, Regenerator)
Doublade (Regenerator)
Grimmsnarl (Poison Heal)
Incineroar (Desolate Land, Magic Guard, Poison Heal)
Kingdra (Poison Heal)
Necrozma
Obstagoon (Poison Heal)
Palossand (Poison Heal, Regenerator, Unaware)
Pikachu (Tough Claws, Galvanize, Refrigerate)
Polteageist (Dazzling)
Rotom Sprite
Rotom-Fan (Triage)
Runerigus (Unaware, Poison Heal)
Toxtricity (Galvanize, Merciless, Regenerator)
Umbreon (Unaware)
Galarian Form
Heliolisk B -> B+ or A-

Specs Adaptability Boomburst 2hkos Corvinight

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Heliolisk Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Corviknight: 230-271 (57.5 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

With its two stabs nothing can switch into it barring chansey, blissey, specially defensive tyranitar, runerigus, Palossand and some assault vesters

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 92 SpD Palossand: 392-462 (104.8 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Runerigus: 222-262 (69.3 - 81.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Heliolisk Grass Knot (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Tyranitar: 248-294 (61.3 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

While the extreme power is pretty cool, it lacks a decent boosting move, it gets outsped by some things, and the only thing it can do to chansey is toxic it. It isnt very versatile either, but it does its job pretty well

Ps: Dont run galvanize Heliolisk. rising Voltage on e terrain is stronger and it misses having a second stab to hit resists

Tranquility

Kuru~Kuru
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello All, here with a quick update regarding some shifts in the staaab VR and why the changes were made, if anyone else would like to contribute by leaving their thoughts or have a potential Nomination of their own, it would help forward discussion and help the VR Overall! With that being said, here are some of the shift's following the ban of Transform.

Rises:
Kyurem (A ~> A+)
Blissey (B ~> A)
Lycanroc (A- ~> A)
Talonflame (A- ~> A)
Heliolisk (B ~> B+)
Noivern (B ~> B+)
Skarmory (B ~> B+)
Carkol (UR ~> B)
Doublade (B- ~> B)
Palossand (B- ~> B)
Pikachu (UR ~> B-)

Drops

:chansey: Chansey (S ~> A+)
Ninjask (A- ~>B+)

Now for some explanations for some of the Notable Rises and Falls.

Kyurem (A ~> A+): Sheer Force Life Orb still has the potential of breaking through many balance cores as well as with iron head be able to do heavy damage to special walls like Chansey and Blissey. Some Physical Sets with darts and triple axel have also been seen but not have the same success as the SFLO Set that has ultimately lead to it's rise as one of the biggest balance breakers in the tier.

Blissey (B ~> A): With transform being banned, Blissey has seen an uptick in usage as it's traits over chansey starts to shine more. Mainly, allowing to have Heavy Duty Boots and by pass residual damage from hazards is a huge benefit for it over chansey, as it can pivot and teleport out and regain health with regenerator, and stay on the battle for a long time.

Lycanroc (A- ~> A): Magic Guard Life Orb Lycanroc is a threatening set to a lot of teams being able to not only pose as a strong physical attacker with Head Smash, but also provide as a faster rocker in alternative to Kommo-o or Mamoswine. In addition, the moveside buffs it has received alongside SD can make it a breaker with coverage moves like Close Combat, Play rough, Drill Run, Fire Fang, and Psychic Fangs.

Talonflame (A- ~> A): Another Magic Guard User! Talonflame has one of the fastest speed tiers in the entire meta and along with access to Rapid Spin can also make it provide utility to a team too. It's real claim though, is that it has dual stab that has recoil negated by magic guard and ability to run Swords Dance that makes it a threatening breaker/cleaner while also having spin utility!

Heliolisk (B ~> B+): Originally nominated by Don Vascus, Heliolisk has the speed tier and move pool to act as a breaker or cleaner in STAAAB. Adapt Thunderbolt + Boomburst has little switchins and having volt switch utility for momentum is also helpful while also having some depth like weather ball for rain teams and such.

Pikachu (UR ~> B-): Originally nominated by Foxxeyy, Pikachu can be a fun surprise pick while also putting work with light ball. The -ate abilities allow it to have extra coverage that it can lack and also have good coverage with electric like bolt strike/plasma fists. For what it's worth, I almost beat The Number Man with it so yeah good enough.

:chansey: Chansey (S ~> A+): While chansey still is the premier special wall of the tier, losing out on transform hurts a lot in its ability to stop setup mons such as Volcarona or Primarina. It still has other phazing options like whirlwind and the extra bulk is nice, but also faces more competition from blissey now that transform is gone as well, thus the drop being made.

Ninjask (A- ~>B+): While Ninjask can still be good vs balance teams like it was before, talonflame has seen an uptick in usage in a similar role and provides more utility. This along with its frailty being a problem as accelrock and other forms of priority have seen more usage makes it hard to fit on when there's other mons that provide more utility.

ShionShadows

Soaring to Greatness
Heyo, first time posting in the forums here and I wanted to share some of my thoughts in Stabmons MIx and Mega!

:ss/corviknight:

The Gargoyle (Corviknight) @ Scizorite
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Body Press
- Dual Wingbeat

Stats: 98/107/145/63/105/77

This set aims to take advantage of Corviknight's access to Bulk Up and nice natural bulk to try to set up and sweep. Due to Corviknight's nice physical bulk and usage of Bulk Up, you don't need to invest in physical defense at all and invest completely into special defense. Turning metagame staple Manectite Magearna into nothing more than set up fodder. Dual Wingbeat as your STAB attack boosted by Technician deals great damage and Body Press hits the Steels that would normally wall it.

:ss/corviknight: :ss/lunala: :ss/magearna: :ss/toxapex: :ss/wigglytuff: :ss/reshiram:

The Gargoyle (Corviknight) @ Scizorite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Roost
- Body Press
- Dual Wingbeat

The Immersive (Magearna) @ Manectite
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Volt Switch
- Doom Desire
- Moonblast

The Light (Lunala) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpA
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast

The Guildmaster (Wigglytuff) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Serious Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wish
- Teleport
- Hyper Voice

The Cowardice (Toxapex) @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Flip Turn
- Scald
- Recover

The Breaker (Reshiram) @ Life Orb
Ability: Turboblaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Clangorous Soul
- Blue Flare
- Earth Power
- Roost

This is the team that I built, centering this around Scizorite Corviknight. Lunala and Manectite Magearna are there to help weaken physical walls that would hinder Corviknight's effectiveness. Gardevoirite Wigglytuff scares out Sablenite Mandibuzz so that it can set rocks along with providing wish support for the team, namely Magearna. Gyaradosite Pex is there to do what Pex does best. Be fat and act as a slow pivot with its access to Flip Turn. It should be noted that Gyaradosite removes Toxapex's weakness to Volt Switch but also removes its resistances to U-Turn and other Flip Turn's. Csoul LO Resh is just there as another bulky breaker to finish out this BO Team. Shoutout to Just A Jew to helping me make this team.

But wait. There's more. In a conversation between myself, Jew and TNM, we were talking about weather teams in SnM. Specifically sun and the basically unwallable threats that were Charizardite X Darmanitan and Houndoominite Volcarona. Jokingly I said I would build sandjust specifically to counter other weather but it seemed that it was taken seriously so I decided to build sand in SnM.

:ss/hippowdon: :ss/excadrill: :ss/escavalier: :ss/palossand: :ss/lycanroc: :ss/weavile:

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Shore Up
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Steelixite
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Sunsteel Strike
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance

Escavalier @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Sunsteel Strike
- U-turn
- Sticky Web

Palossand @ Garchompite
Ability: Water Compaction
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Moongeist Beam
- Shore Up
- Energy Ball

Lycanroc @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Play Rough / Swords Dance
- Drill Run

Weavile @ Glalitite
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Mega Kick
- Ice Shard
- Crunch

Here it is. Hippo acts as a fat defensive wall and the primary sand setter with Smooth Rock, providing rock support along with Toxic to whittle down other fatmons. The other fatmon here is Escavalier, acting as a secondary setter with Tyranitarite. The loss of Heal Order really impedes this set's effectiveness(why is this move not back GF?) but regardless Escavalier can come in and set webs and pivot out with a slow U-Turn. Sunsteel as obligatory STAB and CC to hit other Steels if needed, although the main move you will be clicking on Esca is U-Turn. Steelixite Excadrill is the next pokemon up, and is easily the best pokemon on this team. Steelixite bolsters Excadrill's meager defenses and gives it some much needed bulk to match a very solid 110 HP stat. EQ/Sunsteel/Rock Slide to take the most advantage out of Sand Force with Spin to boost Speed in a spin along with clearing hazards. One notable factor is that Excadrill and Lycanroc have Sand Rush pre-mega, allowing them to revenge kill threats not normally possible and deal with possibly dangerous setup sweepers, namely Volcarona. Palossand is the special attacker to take advantage of Garchompite, throwing off immensely strong Earth Powers. Moongeist Beam as its secondary STAB and Energy Ball for coverage. Standard 3ATK + Recovery set. Lycanroc acts as a fast and furious physical attacker, using Adamant and Aerodactylite to squeeze as much damage as possible. Edge is the primary STAB(just dont miss) while Drill Run, Play Rough, and CC act as nice coverage. Alternatively, you can slot out Play Rough for SD to make for a nice late game cleaner. Weavile is just another strong, fast attack with the standard Glalitite. Personally this last slot you can change to whatever you want. If you so happen to put hazard removal in the last slot, then SD on Drill is a nice option although not required.

But WAIT. Theres more!!!!

:ss/chandelure: :ss/hatterene: :ss/marowak-alola: :ss/melmetal: :ss/gourgeist-super: :ss/jirachi:

The Firepower (Chandelure) @ Cameruptite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Blue Flare
- Moongeist Beam
- Energy Ball

The Battlemaster (Hatterene) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Healer
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Moonblast
- Mystical Fire
- Photon Geyser

The Machine (Melmetal) @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

The Unstoppable (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bonemerang
- Poltergeist
- V-create
- Substitute

The Innocent (Jirachi) @ Audinite
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Wish
- Teleport
- Trick Room
- Protect

The Shifter (Gourgeist-Super) @ Banettite
Ability: Pickup
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Strength Sap
- Trick Room
- Spectral Thief
- Destiny Bond

Yep. Hard TR. There really isnt much explanation to the team. Set TR. Get in breaker. Hit hard. There is literally no other nuances about this team. Get up TR as fast as possible and start breaking holes in the opponents team.

Thank you so much for reading my super long post. :) Shoutouts to Just A Jew The Number Man and HeatEdgeSword for helping me our with my first post and thank you for taking time out of your time to read this.

Last edited:
:chandelure: Quick STAAABmons update: Chandelure has been quickbanned! This will affect all future STAAAB roomtour cup tours, even the two that will be held today.

After a couple of tournaments of Chandelure clicking buttons and claiming kills we have decided to quickban it again. Turns out Chand still tears the metagame apart and Desoland Ghost has 3 very important immunities (Fighting - Body pressers are free switches, Normal - spinblocking and Water - Prevents Flip Turn momentum, and walls water type breakers that would otherwise revenge it).

Some calcs:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Eruption (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Chansey in Sun: 306-360 (47.6 - 56%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Chandelure Eruption (150 BP) vs. 56 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sun: 327-385 (92.1 - 108.4%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

LOL. Shoutouts to Icemaster for noticing this 2 weeks ago.

I was going to put 1 teams for each LC Mashups in this post, but the others is still messed up and I'd still have other stuff to do, so I'm posting 1 team for now... which is from Camomons LC. This is still in progress, however.

:farfetch:mienfoo::mareanie::mudbray::vullaby::abra:
Camomons LC: Scarf Fetch'd (In Progress)
I wanted to build a team around Scarf Fetch'd once more for post-DLC. 120 BP STAB on both Fighting and Flying alongside Scrappy is still a strong combo, so I tried building around helping Farfetch'd-Galar clean at late-game. Mienfoo weakens Fight-checks through Knock Off and U-turn. Mareanie provides both a Fairy and a Fire resist for this team. Mudbray is the rock setter, Abra check, Electric-check, and secondary Fairy check. Sleep Talk is used here to absorb Foongus' Spore. Vullaby is the hazard removal, and a soft check to Abra and Fighting-types. It helps Farfetch'd-Galar weakening Flying-checks to safely used Brave Bird, and serves as another pivot. Abra is a check to some set-up sweepers thanks to Focus Sash, and the team's offensive Special Attacker. Despite Ghost's ability to avoid Fake Out, Protect is still used here to scout Scarfers and what moves they are locked into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)