Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regigigas? Yes. Mega Regigigas? No. You'll need the 3 other regis first, and that'll probably require trading though.

It's not about choosing, it's a fact that the anime (even specials based off the games) and the games have no affect on each other. What it does prove is that Pokemon is ok with the idea that MEvolution can exist in other regions. But nobody was really suggesting that you wouldn't be able to use it at all in ORAS.
Gigas Created the Boulder, the Popsicle, and the lump of steel

Regigigas? Yes. Mega Regigigas? No. You'll need the 3 other regis first, and that'll probably require trading though.
Shouldn't need trading. RSE you could obtain all three Regis in-game. Unless they pull the crap of "OR gets Regirock, SR gets Regice and you need to have both in the game to get Registeel" which would be really annoying.

I don't see why they'd make it harder to get the legends than in RSE. If anything they should make it easier; damn braille.

Shouldn't need trading. RSE you could obtain all three Regis in-game. Unless they pull the crap of "OR gets Regirock, SR gets Regice and you need to have both in the game to get Registeel" which would be really annoying.
Unfortunately, I can totally see GF doing that. They love any excuse to make you trade

Here's my two cents on how this game can be improved over RSE.

The main two problems with Hoenn I found were the lack of fire types that were GOOD outside of Blaziken (don't even start with Camerupt, he was just the best of a bad situation that included things like Magcargo), and the amount of "filler" Pokemon (Luvdisc, Poocheyana, etc.). I hope the regional dex is expanded so it includes more Pokemon from other gens.

Also, PLEASE give us Johto starters with Megas in a similar style to Kanto starters in XY, that'd be AWESOME.

Lastly, I'll be really mad if Sceptile and Swampert dont get megas, it makes no sense for it to only be Blaziken. If they don't, guess I'll just port over my blazikenite or something....

Rant end.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I was always under the impression that all the megas were done arbitrarily; not all Pokemon get them, and there is no real pattern in which Pokemon do get them, except that none introduced in Generation 5 got one. The ones chosen were probably just the ones designers thought would be cool to make, such as fan favorites or their own personal favorites. That's why I don't really get why people say "this Pokemon should be the next to get a mega evolution" or "why would this get one and this one not". The whole thing is completely arbitrary and therefore unpredictable.
There were three factors they took into account: design potential (iirc that was the term they used in an interview), popularity, and game balance. I'd hazard a guess they didn't give any MEvo to any Gen V pokémon because they wanted to "revisit" their old designs with the Megas, and Gen V was obviously just too recent to have any significant change.

I'd say checking the designers' official pokémon lists would be a nice start; Gengar is Ken Sugimori's favorite pokémon, and, well, we know what happened in XY...

The main two problems with Hoenn I found were the lack of fire types that were GOOD outside of Blaziken (don't even start with Camerupt, he was just the best of a bad situation that included things like Magcargo)
You also got Ninetales. While not brilliant by any stretch, it was miles better than Torkoal, Magcargo and Camerupt.

There was this fanfic i read where the good guys had to wake regigigas to stop groudon and kyogre cuz rayquaza got murdered....Kinda hope gigas gets involved in the mainstory like it(without the murder obviously)

There was this fanfic i read where the good guys had to wake regigigas to stop groudon and kyogre cuz rayquaza got murdered....Kinda hope gigas gets involved in the mainstory like it(without the murder obviously)
sorry, but some legendaries just aren't meant for primary roles. In fact, if I had my way, NO legendaries would have major roles in the plot, but that's just me.

Yeah, a lot of - if not most - legendaries are just better with a bit of lore to go on as a side story that you can then look into and build stories around.

Galladium

Banned deucer.
If there was a Mega Regigigas, Game Freak would troll us by changing nothing but it's ability.

Which, admittedly, would still be really good.

Even though I can't wait to revisit Hoenn with all the new mechanisms introduced since Gen3, I'm nervous that they will likely leave Hoenn's regional dex untouched. BW2 and XY spoiled me with their 300+ dexes, there are just so many options! Having to adjust back to a pokedex that is only I think around 200 is going to be kinda jarring. One of the reasons while I was hoping ORAS would be sequels and not straight up remakes is because of the opportunity to expand the dex.

Fill that vast Hoenn sea with all the wonderful marine pokemon you've created, GF! Don't leave us hanging with just Tentacool and Wailmer.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Even though I can't wait to revisit Hoenn with all the new mechanisms introduced since Gen3, I'm nervous that they will likely leave Hoenn's regional dex untouched. BW2 and XY spoiled me with their 300+ dexes, there are just so many options! Having to adjust back to a pokedex that is only I think around 200 is going to be kinda jarring. One of the reasons while I was hoping ORAS would be sequels and not straight up remakes is because of the opportunity to expand the dex.

Fill that vast Hoenn sea with all the wonderful marine pokemon you've created, GF! Don't leave us hanging with just Tentacool and Wailmer.
As long as there's less Pelliper polluting the sea, I'm fine with whatever Game Freak has planned.

Speaking of adding extra Pokemon, I really want to see some old Pokemon getting their later evolutions mid-story, namely Magnezone, Roserade, Dusknoir, and Rhyperior.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
As long as there's less Pelliper polluting the sea, I'm fine with whatever Game Freak has planned.

Speaking of adding extra Pokemon, I really want to see some old Pokemon getting their later evolutions mid-story, namely Magnezone, Roserade, Dusknoir, and Rhyperior.
This is actually a good point. HGSS did not provide an area to evolve Magneton/Leafeon/Glaceon etc, you had to trade them to DPPt and evolve them there (Even with Ilex Forest/Ice Cave/Mt Mortar). They didn't stop the move evolutions (Like Aipom/Lickitung/Tangela) but neglected to give an area to evolve certain Pokemon. It would make sense given Hoenn's enormous size that there should be an island somewhere which we can evolve both Glaceon/Magnet evos. Leafeon is solved with a stone in petalburg woods, so no issues there.

I'd like to see a lot of the evo items being found during the main story too... I hate having to grind battle points/whatever points to get Protectors/Metal Coats/Magmarizers/Electrizers etc.

Also: I totally agree with the less Pelliper please. This was the first game that I actively started using Repels to keep shit away cause I got so irritated with the constant Tentacool/Wingull/Pelliper. You have about 150 odd water types which wouldn't be out of place in the sea GF, please use them :o

Last edited:
Idk why people expect Metagross to get a Mega for Steven, when he already has an Aggron.
The "Yes/No"s could be nodding... Don't ruin this for me man...
Pretty sure the Copycat girl in Saffron city is in-game confirmation that Red does speak. Otherwise what else would she be mimicking?

Idk why people expect Metagross to get a Mega for Steven, when he already has an Aggron.

Pretty sure the Copycat girl in Saffron city is in-game confirmation that Red does speak. Otherwise what else would she be mimicking?
Herself. It's... debatable and confusing what exactly is going on in that conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)