Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
idk about the primal evo's getting an increase of 100 BST because it would then beat Arceus in BST maybe only 50 so it only ties with Arceus.
Maybe that is why the called them primal devolution instead of mega evolutions, in addition to sounding better storywise
Tell that to Mega Mewtwo X and Y.

But it wouldn't be too weird if they did only get a 50 BST increase, they're ridiculously powerful already with great abilities in their normal forms to boot. Once they're caught, you can just plow through the rest of the game with ease. Just spam Water Spout and Earthquake. Making games easier and easier seems to be a trend.

I probably missed this in the Kyogre/Groudon discussion: November 21 is the anniversary of RS's original release in Japan, and it's also the last Friday before US Thanksgiving and the biggest shopping weekend of the year in the US. So it works out double for Nintendo.

I hope Salemence and Metagross get a new Mega Evolution.
Dragon/Fire with Levitate? Steel with Filter?

I hope Gyarados gets another Mega Evolution where he's Water/Dragon.

Maxie and Archie hint Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt? Lol...

I hope Salemence and Metagross get a new Mega Evolution.
Dragon/Fire with Levitate? Steel with Filter?

I hope Gyarados gets another Mega Evolution where he's Water/Dragon.

Maxie and Archie hint Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt? Lol...
The best thing that can happen to poor Metagross is to get rid of that psychic typing via Mega Evolution I think... then again flavour wise it wouldn't make much sense considering it "has the intelligence of a super computer." Poor guy

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus

Ok, not really "opinions", I'm just stating the obvious aside from the obvious joke. I find it really, REALLY weird Southern Island is hiding in plain sight.

THEORY TIME!

So, we all know about Primal Groudon and Kyogre by now. Some of us think that it's just a reskinned Mega, while others say it's a Forme change.

What we do know is that they are awakening the power they had in ancient times. I have an idea, and it links Mega Evolution with this. There's something about Mega Evolution I'm noticing, and it's that though this isn't always true, Megas often keep their speed or lose speed rather than gain any. Someone here mentioned how Primal Kyogre and Groudon might be slower and more powerful, something that often happens with Megas. Not any huge surprises up to this point. My theory is that Mega Evolution is a way of unlocking a Pokemon's ancestral power, perhaps having something to do with Xerneas creating Mega Stones and being the Life Pokemon. Ancient Devolution is a form of this. However, Mega Stones and Mega Rings contain a Pokemon's power as well, letting it control itself. When Kyogre and Groudon devolve, they completely lose control of their powers and lose all sense, becoming raging beasts. This would probably be caused by Team Magma/Aqua using the wrong Orb or whatever, or maybe planning this all along.

Tl;dr, Mega Evolution is a controlled form of Ancient Devolution.

Ok, not really "opinions", I'm just stating the obvious aside from the obvious joke. I find it really, REALLY weird Southern Island is hiding in plain sight.
Maybe Southern Island isn't trying to hide at all. It's a stretch, but it's possible that a trip to Southern island is just part of a post-game event to obtain one of the Lati twins. Encounter them a few times and then they become stationary there, where they are caught holding either the Soul Dew or their mega stone. LOL Regigigas Sky Forme in the top right.

EDIT: Anyone else notice that Kyogre has doubled in weight and significantly increased in size? Chill out, Ky.

THEORY TIME!

So, we all know about Primal Groudon and Kyogre by now. Some of us think that it's just a reskinned Mega, while others say it's a Forme change.

What we do know is that they are awakening the power they had in ancient times. I have an idea, and it links Mega Evolution with this. There's something about Mega Evolution I'm noticing, and it's that though this isn't always true, Megas often keep their speed or lose speed rather than gain any. Someone here mentioned how Primal Kyogre and Groudon might be slower and more powerful, something that often happens with Megas. Not any huge surprises up to this point. My theory is that Mega Evolution is a way of unlocking a Pokemon's ancestral power, perhaps having something to do with Xerneas creating Mega Stones and being the Life Pokemon. Ancient Devolution is a form of this. However, Mega Stones and Mega Rings contain a Pokemon's power as well, letting it control itself. When Kyogre and Groudon devolve, they completely lose control of their powers and lose all sense, becoming raging beasts. This would probably be caused by Team Magma/Aqua using the wrong Orb or whatever, or maybe planning this all along.

Nice theory, it makes quite a lot of sense actually; I hope that the Ancient Devolution items are the Blue/Red Orbs, I've always felt they weren't used to their full potential in the original games.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
THEORY TIME!

For what it's worth, ancient Pokemon having higher base stats is somewhat proven by Az's Floette (which is only one point shy of Florges' BST).

Watched this video awhile ago and it sparked my curiosity. Skip to the :56 or so mark in the video.

Maybe Camerupt and Mightyena or Sharpedo are set to get new mega evolutions?

THEORY TIME!

It always seemed to me that Mega Evolutions are meant to use the full evolutionary potential of the species, akin to say, those Ultimate Aliens from Ben10, or the Ultimate Mutants, from Xmen. At least, that's how my head canon goes. As it is, the differences between Kyogre and Groudon, and most of the Mega Evolutions, is that Kyogre and Groudon are the same unique beings that they were thousands of years ago, and have only grown weaker in their hibernation, while the average Charizard or Aggron who may Mega Evolve have an ancestry behind them; they aren't unique, and are constantly evolving.

Wasn't the Eternal Floette revived from the dead, likely mutated first hand in the same process that is supposed to have started Mega Evolution in the first place, and is at least a millennia in age, while at the same time being completely stunted in it's natural growth and breeding cycle, and thus only able to grow and learn, but not evolve, in a Darwinistic sense? Thus, very similar to the state of many of the Legedaries?

I'm gonna write a list of all the things I'm excited about for Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I'll try to only list things that have been confirmed, but I may speculate a bit too.
-Mega Sceptile. Since Sceptile was my first level 100 Pokemon ever, and really marked the start of when I got into Pokemon, I have loads of nostalgia for it.
-Contests. Need I say more?
-Cycling Road. In the original games, it was possible to do a perfect run of it (9.15). With the new bike mechanics introduced in XY, that will become pretty much impossible, meaning that getting a great time will be that much more rewarding.
-Diving. And not the lame diving to the Abyssal Ruins in BW, but proper diving onto the seafloor.
-Secret bases. I just love them.
-The Sky Pillar bike puzzle, aka the most evil fun overworld obstacle that we have ever had.
-Mt. Chimney. That place will look AMAZING in 3D.
-Route 113 and Mt. Pyre. I can't wait to hear the remix'd music.
-That mysterious dark area above Lilycove City. Darkrai? Giratina? Deoxys? Place your bets!
-Mirage Island. I never saw it in the original games, and I doubt I'll see it in the remakes, but you never know...
-The possibilities surrounding Regigigas. The one I think is most likely is that when you catch Regirock, Regice, and Registeel, you take them back to the Sealed Chamber and solve one more braille puzzle, and another door will open to reveal Regigigas.
-Automatic record mixing with StreetPass. Yes, this hasn't been confirmed and there have been no hints toward it. But I'm hopeful that it'll make it into the games. In the originals, there were so many features of mixing records (Secret bases, Frontier records, etc.), but to actually mix records you had to get someone to link up with you (requiring a link cable), and then go into a room to wait while the records mix. StreetPass would solve so many problems by doing it automatically.
-The presence of Mega Activators on Maxie and Archie. Now, that may not seem like a big deal other than they can use mega evolution. But let's think about it. In the original games, their team was Mightyena, Crobat, and Sharpedo/Camerupt. None of these mons have megas. This means one of four scenarios:
1. New mons, most likely Sharpedo and Camerupt, will be able to Mega Evolve. (Possible)
2. Maxie/Archie will have a 4th mon that will be their ace. (Probably not)
3. Ancient devolution will work the exact same way as Mega Evolution, right down to it being activated with the same stone. Maxie/Archie will use Groudon/Kyogre in their final battle against you, sort of like N did with Reshiram/Zekrom.
4. Maxie and Archie cannot use Mega Evolution, and TrollFreak just put the stones there to mess with us. (Always a possibility)

But I swear to Arceus, if finding Feebas is as annoying as in the original games...

Last edited:
Does anyone know if we get to fight both team magma and aqua? Becuase I really like team magma better than aqua,but I am planning to get alpha sapphire.

Oh wait that reminds me! I can get a Kyogre from someone who rng around here and get omega ruby. Problem solved ^_^
I played Reset Roulette for a good groudon and kyogre in my emerald version.. They're not perfect IV's but all of them are 25 and above. I wonder if they'll do what X and Y did and give the box art legends 31 IV's in three stats no matter what.

Nobody has comments about how the article entertains the ability of possible Ability buffs? Perma rain/sun?
Yeah, I think it might be the return of perma weather for those two, which isn't too bad in Ubers. Let's just hope Game Freak doesn't decide to grant that to anything below. I'm enjoying the lack of rain teams everywhere in OU.

I just hope that we get the following:
A) The Move Tutors again since I need to teach some of my Gen VI team members some moves that only those can give me.
B) Bring back the Battle Frontier. The Battle Subway and Maison get boring after a while and I would enjoy some alternate facilities. Especially since I own Ruby, not Emerald, so I never did get to enjoy the original Battle Frontier.
I do want one major change though: For the Battle Tower at least, make it so you get some BP every battle, like in the Battle Maison. I hated how it worked prior where one battle just made you lose the progress of the last six you won.
Also, let us buy Leftovers with out BP. I miss that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)