Sticky Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember if it was officially stated or not, but I believe she'll be the same.
Corocoro lists it as the same, yeah.

Assuming Mega Sableye is to become Dark/Rock or Ghost/Rock and gain Wonder Guard - though I very, VERY highly doubt that - here's what the weaknesses would be.
Dark/Rock - Water, Grass, Ground, Steel, Fighting, Fairy, Bug
Ghost/Rock - Water, Grass, Ground, Steel, Dark, Ghost

Last edited by a moderator:
A Dark/Rock or Ghost/Rock WG user wouldn't be that broken.
A Dark/Ghost WG user (with Prankster before evolving, in addiction) would be the ultimate troll this game has ever met.

It really looks like a Water-type Psystrike. The similarity just cannot be unseen. Hate to break it to ya, but it's gonna happen.
Yea,I felt it too,well,now it has better STAB,but swift swim isn't happening,so I guess if they buff mewtwo or something,it will be fine

I believe both Mega Sableye and Mega Diancie will get some new Gem themed defensive ability. It could work like an Eviolite boost. Sableye has excellent typing, a good support movepool and Recover to abuse it. And while Diancie is certainly lacking in the movepool department, she would be unbelievably bulky. Or it could give them full Protection under certain circunstances, like upon switching in/Mega Evolving (much like Intimidate).

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This may be blasphemy from a competitive point of view, but I would actually really enjoy seeing an utterly broken Kyogre/Groudon in these games. Despite the dilution of canon and the meaning of legendary, Kyogre and Groudon are MEANT to be legendary beasts far superior to every other pokemon (barring other legendaries). Perma Rain for Primal Kyogre? Yes please. +50 to Special Attack and Speed? Hell yes. New signature move that is utterly insane? Bring it on. It would remind me of RBY, where Mewtwo was so utterly superior to every other Pokemon - and it was meant to be that way.

For in-game purposes, Kyogre is already broken - we won't notice a difference between Kyogre and Primal Kyogre. Competitively, yes, it may break the game, but screw that, I don't think about competitive when I play cartridges.

There would be no Mega Sceptile or Diancienite in XY for the same reason there was no Griseous Orb in D/P, or no Reveal Glass in B/W. They aren't essential for the new Pokémon formes to work in battle against the base games. As long as the Pokémon has a base form recognised by the base game, it can be displayed on the base game through trade or battle. A new forme is simply a new combination of old elements (species, moves, abilities), plus a new sprite/model. And as long as there is an old sprite/model to display, the game has no problems with the new forme. Problems only arise when entirely new elements are brought into the picture.

Besides, one of the main selling points of new Pokémon games has always been the allowed access to "new Pokémon" (at least since gen. III). Want a Giratina-O? Well, then you have to buy Platinum. Fancy that Kyurem-B? Buy BW2 if you want to use it. Your friend may very well use the Pokémon against you (because his game is compatible with yours), but you can't have it yourself if you only own the base game. Ask your parents for the new game today!
It would be literally exactly the same with new Mega Pokémon. If you want to play with the Mega, you have to buy the new game. No mystery here.

In short, GameFreak wants the new games to be compatible with the base games, but they do not want all their content to be available for use in them. New moves or abilities screw over compatibility as well as availability, which is undesirable. New Pokémon formes (including Mega Evolutions) would be compatible, but not available.
It's going to be available on X/Y as long as you patch it. Which could be done with infrared and a copy of OR/AS

This may be blasphemy from a competitive point of view, but I would actually really enjoy seeing an utterly broken Kyogre/Groudon in these games. Despite the dilution of canon and the meaning of legendary, Kyogre and Groudon are MEANT to be legendary beasts far superior to every other pokemon (barring other legendaries). Perma Rain for Primal Kyogre? Yes please. +50 to Special Attack and Speed? Hell yes. New signature move that is utterly insane? Bring it on. It would remind me of RBY, where Mewtwo was so utterly superior to every other Pokemon - and it was meant to be that way.

For in-game purposes, Kyogre is already broken - we won't notice a difference between Kyogre and Primal Kyogre. Competitively, yes, it may break the game, but screw that, I don't think about competitive when I play cartridges.
This is a competitive site.

PS: besides, why do you want to feel so empowered while playing cartridges? Almost every legend in game is already quite broken. It's not like without an insane buff you'll get a gameover by using Primal Kyogre.

MOD EDIT: Yeah, let's not bring religion into things.

Last edited by a moderator:

This post is soooo hilarious xD. But use your head, if P-Kyogre/Groudon is soooooo OP, how are we going to catch it (hands down Master Ball)?

Hey guys, just noticed something when I was looking at the pages for primal Pokemon. I'm unsure if we'll be seeing any more primal pokemon, because if you look closely on the Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon in battle images,

you can see that there are the alpha and omega symbols where the mega evolution symbol is. Now we can't know for certain, but I just feel that if Nintendo were to expand on the Primal formes, they would display it in the same manner as Mega Evolutions, keeping the symbol constant. But because they're so specific, I'm not feeling like there will be any more primal Pokemon. Maybe it's a version exclusive thing, but I doubt it.

Also considering we don't know if Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion will act the same in that there's a 100 base stat change, I wouldn't get too scared that Primal Kyogre will obliterate the Uber Metagame. Plus, even if they were to act in the same fashion, it would most likely not reach 200, because the only base stats that have increased upon mega evolution that are 50 or greater are Banette's Attack, Heracross' Attack, Blastoise's Special Attack, and Mewtwo X's Attack. A base 200 Special Attack would be terrifying, and the only Pokemon currently that breach the 200 mark are either mega's or very specialized. In fact, Base 200 Special Attack Kyogre is outdamaged by Life Orb Kyogre.

Base 200 Special Attack:
252+ SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 358-423 (50.8 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Base 150 Special Attack Life Orb:
252+ SpA Life Orb Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 374-441 (53.1 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

They both will 2HKO and are both scary, but not to the point where it will shatter the metagame.

Hey guys, just noticed something when I was looking at the pages for primal Pokemon. I'm unsure if we'll be seeing any more primal pokemon, because if you look closely on the Primal Kyogre and Primal Groudon in battle images,

you can see that there are the alpha and omega symbols where the mega evolution symbol is. Now we can't know for certain, but I just feel that if Nintendo were to expand on the Primal formes, they would display it in the same manner as Mega Evolutions, keeping the symbol constant. But because they're so specific, I'm not feeling like there will be any more primal Pokemon. Maybe it's a version exclusive thing, but I doubt it.

Also considering we don't know if Mega Evolutions and Primal Reversion will act the same in that there's a 100 base stat change, I wouldn't get too scared that Primal Kyogre will obliterate the Uber Metagame. Plus, even if they were to act in the same fashion, it would most likely not reach 200, because the only base stats that have increased upon mega evolution that are 50 or greater are Banette's Attack, Heracross' Attack, Blastoise's Special Attack, and Mewtwo X's Attack. A base 200 Special Attack would be terrifying, and the only Pokemon currently that breach the 200 mark are either mega's or very specialized. In fact, Base 200 Special Attack Kyogre is outdamaged by Life Orb Kyogre.

Base 200 Special Attack:
252+ SpA Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 358-423 (50.8 - 60%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Base 150 Special Attack Life Orb:
252+ SpA Life Orb Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey in Rain: 374-441 (53.1 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

They both will 2HKO and are both scary, but not to the point where it will shatter the metagame.
Life Orb Kyogre can be just Knocked Off. Primal Kyogre will probably be able to hold Life Orb AND Primal Evolve/Devolve/Whatever. Now that's scary

... you know, to this I have to ask what's wrong about making a Pokémon work both in-game AND competitively.
And you do realize Mewtwo still beats just about every Gen 1 Pokémon one on one, right? Like literally the only things that can stand up to it - maybe I'm missing something like Wobbuffet, I never looked into the Ubers metagame that much - are the other Legendaries you're saying should be overpowered.

Those icons suggest that they need to hold their "Mega Stones", likely "Omega Red Orb" and Alpha Blue Orb". Primal Kyogre doesn't really worry me, as you likely won't be able to Scarf it. I expect it to be a better variant of Specs Kyogre.

Primal Groudon is what interests me though. The new Ground attack along with a new physical Fire Attack (Heat Crash please) would work well with Rock Polish/Swords Dance sets, especially if the Ground attack turns out to hit airborne targets. And the boosted ability could very well cancel out the x4 Water weakness too. Resisting Fairy helps too.

Last edited:
... you know, to this I have to ask what's wrong about making a Pokémon work both in-game AND competitively.
And you do realize Mewtwo still beats just about every Gen 1 Pokémon one on one, right? Like literally the only things that can stand up to it - maybe I'm missing something like Wobbuffet, I never looked into the Ubers metagame that much - are the other Legendaries you're saying should be overpowered.
Mewtwo obviously falls to Caterpie, with stab Bug Bite, Mewtwo just doesn't stand a chance c;

Life Orb Kyogre can be just Knocked Off. Primal Kyogre will probably be able to hold Life Orb AND Primal Evolve/Devolve/Whatever. Now that's scary
I forgot to account for that, because I'm sure that function will stay considering it is the same for Giratina-O

I'm quite sure that the item that turns Kyorge into primal Kyorge will be a hold item.
If the Primal Stones function like Mega Stones, they cannot be knocked off.

I kind of have to wonder why everyone's starting to think that Groudon will get Heat Crash. I mean don't get me wrong, that's ideal and would be fucking amazing, but... is it really that likely? I don't think any moves are added to a Pokémon's movepool in a remake unless said move was introduced earlier that gen. Correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I don't know, doesn't seem incredibly likely. Still would like Groudon to get it though.

I could imagine a Primal Rayquaza thanks to the Delta Emerald trademark that has surfaced, but I highly doubt that Primal Evolutions will expand beyond the Hoenn box legendaries.

Being able to hit as hard as LO Kyogre without taking recoil and simultaneously avoiding knock-off is kind of a big deal. And if Kyogre's new signature move truly is a psystrike clone, even max HP Latias can be 2HKOd by normal Kyogre without a boosting item.

Groudon does not need Heat Crash. It'd be cool flavor wise, but in Ubers at least it wouldn't be that strong since everything is so heavy. I'm anticipating it's signature attack to be Ground-type anyway.

Edit: On the topic of primal devolution, I'd really like Rayquaza to be the third and last pokemon to get it; it just makes sense. On top of that, a new signature attack (preferably flying-type) would suit it well. It already has strong Dragon moves, so let's give it's secondary flying type some use to get past Fairies.

I kind of have to wonder why everyone's starting to think that Groudon will get Heat Crash. I mean don't get me wrong, that's ideal and would be fucking amazing, but... is it really that likely? I don't think any moves are added to a Pokémon's movepool in a remake unless said move was introduced earlier that gen. Correct me if I'm wrong on that, but I don't know, doesn't seem incredibly likely. Still would like Groudon to get it though.
Ho-Oh got Brave Bird in HG/SS, which basically made it to what it is today.

And Heat Crash from Primal Groudon gets 100 BP on Xerneas and Yveltal; 80 on Arceus, and 120 on Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Landorus, and others.

With a weight of 999,7 kg here is what pokemon seen in ubers it would hit for what base power (only mega sableye's weight is not known yet):

120 = <199,94: every mega and their base form that is not tyranitar, gyarados or aggron (yes including mewtwo, blaziken, the lati's, sceptile, swampert and diancie), landorus(-t), darkrai, deoxys (all), ho-oh (barely), klefki, genesect, sylveon, thundurus(-t), Wobbuffet, Aegislash, Bronzong, Excadrill, ferrothorn, forretress, gliscor, shaymin (both), Whimsicott, blissey, chansey, clefable, cloyster, Quagsire, sableye, gothitelle, jirachi, shuckle, skarmory, smeargle, amoonguss, ditto, cresselia, gastrodon, latias, latios, talonflame, greninja, salamence, espeon, azumarill, mew, florges, tornadus(-t), victini, manaphy, most other things.

100 = 199,94 - 249,92: xerneas, yveltal, lugia, rayquaza, tyranitar, scolipede (barely), gyarados, dragonite

80 = 249,93 - 333,23: arceus (all), mega tyranitar, hippowdon, kyurem (all), mega gyarados, terrakion, reshiram (barely), rhyperior, zygarde

60 = 333,24 - 499,85: (primal) kyogre, palkia (barely), zekrom, heatran (immune), (mega) aggron, bronzong (with heavy metal)

40 = 499,85>: dialga, (primal) groudon, giratina (both), aggron (with heavy metal), avalugg (new groudon counter lol), metagross (for those of you hoping for a viable mega)

So yes I'm quite hoping they'll give it heat crash.
bringing this back because it's important. Thing is, only 100% confirmed physical fire move Groudon gets right now is Fire Punch via 5th gen tutor, aka in game Groudon would be screwed out of physical fire stab. However, considering Nintendo confirmed that Groudon is getting a special attack boost, mixed Groudon sound's less powerful, but with the massive base stats that it will have, I'm sure it will more than compensate.
Getting another physical fire stab in ORAS is possible, or maybe it will get an ability akin to Aerialate for fire? Who knows .-.

Ho-Oh got Brave Bird in HG/SS, which basically made it to what it is today.

And Heat Crash from Primal Groudon gets 100 BP on Xerneas and Yveltal; 80 on Arceus, and 120 on Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Landorus, and others.
As I said, moves introduced earlier in that generation. Brave Bird was introduced in Gen 4. Wasn't it Regenerator that made it what is is today anyway?
And I know those statistics. That's why I said it would be ideal and great; but it doesn't mean anything in terms of chances it'll get it.

As of now, it's incredibly difficult to predict whether or not it will gain Heat Crash. I'm sure it will gain a stronger physical fire move, but considering it's supposed to be getting a special attack boost, it might not. But the Nintendo page states
"Groudon has long been the heaviest of all known Pokémon. With its Primal Reversion, it smashes that record to pieces!"
If it hadn't had that emphasis on the weight aspect, then I would have dismiss any chances of it personally.

Yeah. I mean it's within the realm of possibility and I would adore if it got it and all, but people are talking as if it's confirmed just because it's so ideal. I mean, c'mon guys, this is trollfreak lightningrod mega sceptile we're talking about here.
That said, anyone got the calcs for Base Groudon Heat Crash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)