OMPL IX - Commince meat (Fin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
FINAL DRAFT FOR OMPL

OMPL DRAFT.png

Zoomer Zeraoras
Sylveon.34000
vivalospride15000
Karl Dude Guy6500
Osake5500
King Leo V5500
A Touch Of Crazy4500
Hys3000
TectonicDestroyer3000
Maxomega3000
Rozelias
PinkDragonTamer30500
Bushtush7000
Shing'n Streets6000
queso4000
K3ppr3500
Shiba3000
avarice3000
Alkione3000
Based Boomers
cityscapes25500
Betathunder10500
DerpyBoi9000
Terracotta8500
kythr6000
Stolen Identity5500
Marjane5000
Icemaster5000
Havens5000
Fullmetal Alcremists
Siamato23000
sugarhigh11000
Monsareeasy7000
Hamhamhamhamham6000
Stareal3500
MAMP3500
ihhca3000
Splash3000
Five-Star Jolteons
Quantum Tesseract29500
motherlove16000
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d12500
Pigeons6500
Greybaum6000
professor tox5500
damflame 35500
Euphonos5000
PA4000
The Immortal3500
SparksBlade3000
Smove_$wag3000
Temper Tyrantrums
XxSevagxX18000
Skysolo18000
Fissure14500
MZ9000
23Gz6500
hidden4500
Ivar573500
anaconja3000
lph3000
Wiggly Family
LBDC18000
Atha16000
qways13000
Meta11000
Jett8000
ojr8000
Alternatif7500
Onyx Onix 75000
PandaDoux4000
Apathetic Inaction3500
Palapapop3000
Pujo3000
Spinda Wheels
tlenit14500
Sabella14000
Plas12500
Fardin12000
Zesty4311000
85percent8000
Mossy Sandwich4000
Fc3000

Overall
Sylveon.34000
PinkDragonTamer30500
Quantum Tesseract29500
cityscapes25500
Siamato23000
XxSevagxX18000
Skysolo18000
LBDC18000
motherlove16000
Atha16000
vivalospride15000
Fissure14500
tlenit14500
Sabella14000
qways13000
S1nn0hC0nfirm3d12500
Plas12500
Fardin12000
sugarhigh11000
Meta11000
Zesty4311000
Betathunder10500
DerpyBoi9000
MZ9000
Terracotta8500
Jett8000
ojr8000
85percent8000
Alternatif7500
Bushtush7000
Monsareeasy7000
Karl Dude Guy6500
Pigeons6500
23Gz6500
Shing'n Streets6000
kythr6000
Hamhamhamhamham6000
Greybaum6000
Osake5500
King Leo V5500
Stolen Identity5500
professor tox5500
damflame 35500
Marjane5000
Icemaster5000
Havens5000
Euphonos5000
Onyx Onix 75000
A Touch Of Crazy4500
hidden4500
queso4000
PA4000
PandaDoux4000
Mossy Sandwich4000
K3ppr3500
Stareal3500
MAMP3500
The Immortal3500
Ivar573500
Apathetic Inaction3500
Hys3000
TectonicDestroyer3000
Maxomega3000
Shiba3000
avarice3000
Alkione3000
ihhca3000
Splash3000
SparksBlade3000
Smove_$wag3000
anaconja3000
lph3000
Palapapop3000
Pujo3000
Fc3000
Congrats to everyone that got drafted!

Also, if you'd like, don't forget about the Fantasy League!

Willdbeast'sSuperExcitingMysteryDraftPriceGuessingBonanza3.0!

Results!

This was a pretty bad year for price guessing, with the changed draft rules throwing off everyone's guesses and the drinking game throwing off the managers senses. However, there were a couple of players who were more successful that most!

This year's winner is XxSevagxX being off by only 1.5k, or around 8% of his actual draft price, perhaps being guided by the multiple moccs.

After Sevag there was quite a gap before anyone else, but honourable mentions go to QT, qways and atha who were 18-21% off.

Thank you all for taking part, hopefully it added something to the experience!

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in the hills' Power Rankings
Fun draft, lot of neat picks from everyone tbh. I don't think anyone had a bad draft this year in part to the really solid pool we had and lot of new faces people put their trust into. Here's my rankings based on my initial perception of the draft.

#8 Rozelias
AAA: Bushtush / shiloh
BH: PinkDragonTamer / ?
Camo: k3ppr / ?
MnM: Catalystic / queso
NFE: Shing'n Streets
STAB: shiloh / Shiba
Strong points: AAA, MnM
Weak points: BH, Camo
This is a really strange draft tbh. There's good players here so I don't doubt they'll do well but there's absolutely N O builders on this team. 30K pdt with no team builder is ??? a waste of money tbh when you couldve gotten literally any other bh player+support for cheaper if you wanted. pdt will pull through though bc he's a goat but that's gonna be rough. Camo slot is kind of confusing as well, camo is historically a tier that tours players have struggled with and k3ppr isn't gonna be able to support the whole slot against the rest of these teams. AAA and MnM are really solid bush and cata are goated players and STAB is as well rozes can prob solo the pool if he grinds hard enough, so they prob can pull at least a tie every week. No comment on NFE since idk these players as well but they're solid from what i hear. Overall I can see this team doing well if they somehow pull teams out of nowhere but otherwise I think they'll struggle a LOT on that end.
Overall: 5.5/10

#7 Based Boomers
AAA: The Number Man
BH: cityscapes / Stolen Identity
Camo: Havens / Terracotta (not what ur doing i know but i don't wanna speak talk about it)
MnM: DerpyBoi / Icemaster
NFE: ? marj isn't playing lol
STAB: Terracotta / Betathunder
Strong points: STAB, BH
Weak points: NFE, MnM, Camo
This draft is very lopsided on its strengths and weaknesses, and I'm confused about the overall synergy of this team. Lot of strong personalities that I can't see working together well tbh. BH STAB and AAA are insanely solid, but outside of that I'm not really sure what's going on. Once Icemaster is off LoA i suppose MnM is passable but until then no clue, kythr can probably NFE but they don't know the meta in the most stacked field so idt marjane's support will be enough here. Camo isn't terrible if u put Havens as the starter but that doesn't really use up all of your best players
Overall: 6/10

#6 Zoomer Zeraoras
AAA: Osake / Sylveon / vivalospride
BH: a loser / A Touch of Crazy
Camo: Sylveon / a loser
MnM: ?
NFE: King Leo V
STAB: vivalospride
Strong points: BH, Camo, NFE
Weak Points: MnM, kind of AAA
Really don't understand why Redflix didn't draft themselves, this draft would be top 3 if they had tbh. This draft started out phenomenally (besides the too expensive geerat) if you ask me, then fell off a cliff when picking some slots. Mix and Mega is a weak point for them because despite having Redflix support, they don't have a single player who knows anything about the gen 8 meta. I think an alternative lineup to what I posted above with geerat as the AAA starter, a loser in Camo, and Crazy in BH would honestly suit this team better though it's not what I expect them to do. Pretty solid team but still boos that flix didn't draft themselves.
Overall: 7.5/10

#5 Five Star Jolteons
AAA: motherlove
BH: Quantum Tesseract / motherlove
Camo: Euphonos
MnM: Pigeons / damflame
NFE: ho3n / professor tox / PA
STAB: The Immortal / Greybaum
Strong points: BH, NFE
Weak points: none
This draft is pretty solid all around, though nothing really phenomenal that sticks out to me. I trust all of these slots to be self sufficient (mnm might be a little tuff with Pigeons' busy schedule) so I think QT won't get burnt out and can focus on BH in peace. Not really much to say about this team, I can see them doing well or poorly depending on how dedicated people are. If I had to pick a weak point, I'd probably point to AAA, motherlove is pretty unproven in a tour scene in the past few years and I'm a little unsure of how much racool is willing to support. EDIT: Forgot ho3n somehow and he's goated NFE so they're solid there as well
Overall: 8.5/10

#4 Temper Tyrantrums
AAA: MZ / Fissure
BH: XxSevagxX / lph
Camo: anaconja / 23gz
MnM: Chazm
NFE: Skysolo
STAB: Fissure / hidden / 23gz
Strong points: MnM, NFE, BH
Weak points: AAA
This team is really solid all around if you ask me, I don't have any real issues with this draft. A few of the subs aren't very strong, but I trust the starters for each slot. AAA is a little weak due to MZ's inactivity and lack of really solid support, and STAB is borderline a weak point if Fissure ever has to go to AAA.
Overall: 9/10

#3 Wiggly Family
AAA: Atha / PandaDoux
BH: Onyx Onix 7 / Apathetic Inaction
Camo: Meta
MnM: qways
NFE: Jett / ojr
STAB: LBDC / Alternatif
Strong points: AAA, NFE
Weak points: none, slightly BH depending on who you ask
Not gonna lie, I was very wary of this team at the start when I saw they were just drafting a bunch of French players, but I think this team actually works out really nicely. Really solid AAA, NFE, and I think MnM and STAB are great too. Camo isn't *great* but I suppose Drago can support there with teams and it'll be fine. BH is cool imo, gives 2 new players a chance to shine and I think they'll work well together despite not being the most known.
Overall: 9/10

#2 Fullmetal Alcremists
AAA: jrdn / hamx5
BH: sugarhigh / MAMP
Camo: Siamato / jrdn
MnM: Anydboy
NFE: Monsareeasy / Stareal / MAMP
STAB: Splash / ihhca
Strong points: AAA, Camo, MnM, NFE
Weak points: STAB
Shocker, the team with Andy+Jrdn is broken. Jokes aside this was actually a shocking draft, didn't expect them to grab Siamato though it makes sense given jrdn hasn't touched Camo nearly as much as AAA. Lack of a solid STAB starter or much support here is the only weak point of this team given how deep and competitive this tier is, and it is what knocks them out of the top spot for me. Really terrifying team it's no doubt we'll have stresh vs jrdn in the finals again.
Overall: 9.5/10

#1 Spinda Wheels
AAA: Sabella
BH: stresh
Camo: Mossy Sandwich / Zesty43
MnM: Fardin / stresh / Zesty43
NFE: tlenit / 85percent
STAB: Plas
Strong points: AAA, BH, MnM, NFE, STAB
Weak points: Camo
Another insane draft from stresh that I think most people will overlook. The only weakness of this team is idrk what the plan for Camo is and overall there's a lack of subs but tbh the starters are more than solid enough to carry throughout the whole tour. Sabella has always been a favorite in mine in AAA and I don't think I've ever seen them team with stresh so it'll be interesting. Plas is goated af also

I really enjoy the drafts this year, and I'm super excited to see what teams do. Would love to be proven wrong also, so please do that lol

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
As per drampa's grandpa's request, I will once again make a pr for the teams based on the longest word that I could make using the first letter of each person's name on each team. I threw in the points for the word in Scrabble as a way to break any potential ties.
  1. The Zoomer Zeraoras with " tokamaks " at 8 letters. 18 points in Scrabble.
  2. The Temper Tyrantrums with " chimlas " at 7 letters. 14 points in Scrabble.
  3. The Wiggly Family with " pajama " at 6 letters. 17 points in Scrabble.
  4. The Based Boomers with " kitsch " at 6 letters. 15 points in Scrabble.
  5. The Rozelias with " paskas " at 6 letters. 12 points in Scrabble.
  6. The Fullmetal Alcremists with " miasms " at 6 letters. 10 points in Scrabble.
  7. The Five-Star Jolteons with " temps " at 5 letters. 9 points in Scrabble.
  8. The Spinda Wheels with " pfft " at 4 letters. 12 points in Scrabble.

As per drampa's grandpa's request, I will once again make a pr for the teams based on the longest word that I could make using the first letter of each person's name on each team. I threw in the points for the word in Scrabble as a way to break any potential ties.
  1. The Zoomer Zeraoras with " tokamaks " at 8 letters. 18 points in Scrabble.
  2. The Temper Tyrantrums with " chimlas " at 7 letters. 14 points in Scrabble.
  3. The Wiggly Family with " pajama " at 6 letters. 17 points in Scrabble.
  4. The Based Boomers with " kitsch " at 6 letters. 15 points in Scrabble.
  5. The Rozelias with " paskas " at 6 letters. 12 points in Scrabble.
  6. The Fullmetal Alcremists with " miasms " at 6 letters. 10 points in Scrabble.
  7. The Five-Star Jolteons with " temps " at 5 letters. 9 points in Scrabble.
  8. The Spinda Wheels with " pfft " at 4 letters. 12 points in Scrabble.

There's no way this wasn't an accident. Fissure knows something the rest of us don't. :blobthinking:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
in the hills' Power Rankings

#1 Spinda Wheels
AAA: Stresh
BH: stresh
Camo: Stresh
MnM: stresh
NFE: stresh
STAB: xavgb
Strong points: stresh
Weak points: Internet connection
Another insane draft from stresh that I think most people will overlook. The only weakness of this team is that xavier gigabyte lives in a forest in Western Mongolia and has to rely on white rats running on treadmills in -30 °F to play his games.

Excellent write-up friend!

The Immortal's Power Rankings for OMPL IX

#1 The Fullmetal Alchemists
Another year, another overpowered jrdn squad. I don't need to say much more.

#2 The Five-Star Jolteons
Solid players in every slot, with ample support. If I had to criticize, I would say the one mistake was not drafting supposedly top MnM pick qways. Could easily have gotten him over an additional player.

#3 The Wiggly Family
While this doesn't have that one star OM player teams splurge cash on, it's a really solid team overall. Quality starters in almost every slot with good bench too. If managed properly, I think this team has a good shot of finishing top 3.

#4 The Temper Tyrantrums
Pretty nice drafting. I'm not sure how other teams let them get so many steals but it happened. Honestly, the weakest point of this team is probably the managers themselves. Would rate them higher otherwise.

#5 The Zoomer Zeraoras
Standout players like loser and geerat, but overall I don't think it's as solid as above. Lack of drafting experience shows.

#6 The Rozelias
This team is much better than people say. If everyone is active and puts in even a normal amount of effort, they could potentially do well. That's a big if though. But definitely not bottom team.

#7 The Spinda Wheels
Not a good draft from xavgb. He overpayed on pretty much every slot. He may be the best OM player of 2020 (according to Smog Awards) but he will not carry this team to playoffs.

#8 The Based Boomers
Right of the bat, TNM is worth 20k but every other manager that drafted themselves was worth more, which is what made it effective to manage and draft yourself. And then dropped another large chunk on city so was left with little for the remainder of the team. More experienced managers might have drafted better despite that but, unfortunately, this is going to be my bottom team of OMPL IX.

Last edited:

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
RebeccaRock's Totally-Not-Washed-Up-Perspective Team Tier List
aka "berry hasn't played or paid attention to any meta except for aaa and mnm this gen but they still feel the need to pitch in". Last year I correctly guessed all 4 teams in playoffs before week 1 even started, so let's see if that keeps up this time around.
C Tier
not bad, but definitely not prime. expecting a mid or losing record.
8. :tyrantrum: Tyrantrums
It's no secret that I'm always skeptical of rookies, especially rookie starters that fetch nearly 20k. For that reason, I think that sevag, however good, doesn't have the previous teamtour experience and hardening that an expensive player can bring along. This team heavily anchors on Chazm's support and how many MnM / camo games he decides to throw. MZ and Fissure, although pretty solid players, don't have the best overall records and it's no secret that MZ usually requires a good amount of support. I think 23gz was mainly bought as a support player as well since he's not clueless about OMs, but only time will tell if that's enough to support the rest of the slots.

7. :wigglytuff: Wigglys
As seen by the OMPL 8 money mags, french teamwork can only bring you far. French players are always a blast to work with and I have no doubt this will be one of the best teamcords (especially with gman and drago), I don't think they'll be at the top of the pack. This is one of the only teams that missed out on a "big money" player so I think they'll be decently consistent, but only consistently 3-3 or 2-4. some of my favorite people, not one of my favorite drafts unfortunately.

6. :zeraora: Zeraoras
Look. I'm geerat's biggest fan. I really don't think this team has the support he needs to put up another stellar season. Loser is good, I have a lot of trust in him (especially on the BH front), but less so on the managing and supplying teams front. Players like Osake and Maxomega are pretty new but surprisingly talented, but you need to be something else entirely to really compete against the MnM and AAA fields this year. Not a bad team, I expect the teamchat to be pretty good, just not a team I can see taking home the trophy this year.

B Tier
playoff contenders-ish

5. :jolteon: Jolteons
Putting them pretty low just because Racool refused to play this year in fear of ruining her sheet record. All jokes aside, this draft is pretty formulaic with two big names and a good chunk of mid-tier solid picks like Pigeons and Euphonos. QT has a lot of teambuilding and carrying to do.

4. :noivern: Boomers
Infamous Marjane + Terracotta core returns again. Outside of the [REDACTED] pic meme, this team isn't too bad. TNM, gurp, and beta are all solid players that I usually overrate though, so keep that in mind. TNM is probably one of the better support managers, so he'll pull through. I think this team is on the edge of playoffs contention, but we'll have to see as the season runs around.

3. :roselia: Ro"z"elias
Cata and Rozes have been OM mainstays for a bit now, each putting up pretty good numbers on the sheet. I think this team fell victim to spending like 70k on three players and struggling to fill the rest of their slots, but it depends on who they slot in. It's not like a meta like STAB this gen really needs a stab player anyway, it just needs a good team and a competent driver. I'm not expecting this team to have any blowout wins, but they definitely won't have any blowout losses either.

A Tier
solid all the way down

2. :spinda: Spindas
Last year's winners return with the should-have-been-40k-but-managed-for-20k xavgb. Very solid chunk of players that I expect to see succeed if xavgb commits to overtime teambuilding and support. That's really all I can say.

1. :alcremie: Alcremies
Biggest joke of this draft is letting jrdn and andy onto the same team for only 20k each. Andy and Jrdn have great history with sugarhigh and ham (6k ham a steal LOL), siamato is an A+ team presence. Solid NFE core with players that ppl told me were good and NFE main mamp. definitely poffs bound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)