Tournament OMPL VI - Week 2

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by h_n_g_m_n
Other Metagames Premier League VI
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoff | Finals -
- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays & Usage Stats -
Discussion Thread
How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. Bo3 USUM Anything Goes
  2. USUM Anything Goes
  3. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  4. Bo5 USUM 1v1
  5. USUM Mix and Mega
  6. USUM Almost Any Ability
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in whichthe round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks, after which the team with the most points will go directly to the final round. Week 8 will be a Playoff round between the second and third placed team to decide who will be the other finalist. Week 9 will be the grand finale. Note that this schedule is subject to tiebreakers (explained below)​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since Anything Goes is likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is left upto the players' discretion.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM E4 Flint on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons
(Chloe) - [4][2] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS vs Fardin
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot vs iLlama
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Halliday vs Adrian Marin
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Freddy Kyogre
USUM Mix and Mega: M'joe'ra vs xavgb
USUM Almost Any Ability: Funbot28 vs tzop

The Hotshot Honchkrows
(Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [4][2] -
The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard )

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break vs EternalSnowman
USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic vs Garay oak
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Pikachuun (sub 2) vs Quantum Tesseract
Bo5 USUM 1v1: MaceMaster (sub 1) vs Trace
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs Highlord
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. vs lax

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas
(DEG & sedertz) - [2][4] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Pigeons
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs byron the bab bab
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 vs Iron Crusher
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi vs MultiAmmiratore
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Bushtush

The Five-Star Jolteons
(DBW & Ransei) - [2][4] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs Hamhamhamham
USUM Anything Goes: Arushi vs Mysterious M
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Disciple_1 vs highlighter
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Baleblaze vs Blazikin
USUM Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs Chazm
USUM Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs The Consort

---
If I made any errors, I apologize in advance and request you to please let me know asap via this thread, VM, PM or through discord!
---

Last edited:
1v1 Matches
Kentari vs Freddy - I think Freddy wins in game 5
Landon vs Trace - I've seen Landon's new fire set so he wins 3-0
The 0-8 Dream is alive for Joker as he battles The Crusher of Iron - Crushing Iron > Pumping Iron 3-1 Iron Crusher
Bale vs Blazikin - Fire match-up, it's lit, Blaze vs Blaze - Blazikin said he has 20 new sets so he will win 3-2​

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
mnm matches predicts
M’joe’ra vs xavgb - this match will be really close, and I’ll be at the edge of my seat for this entire match. The only issue I can think of here is that xavgb is going to accidentally john joe until the end of the week where he’ll then announce to the mnm discord that he lost his team that he’ll use vs joe and go into the match with some jank ass team
Andyboy500 vs Highlord - Highlord is good, don’t get me wrong, and his record in UPL will surely lend itself to Highlord’s skill, but Andy is a difficult opponent to get a read on. Andy is the self-proclaimed webs master, and it’s not hard to see why, after watching him play a few matches with webs. The only issue I can think of for Andy is that Highlord is going to lose to memes, so xav is going to go overboard with suggesting memes to use against Highlord, and Andy will be going wtf at all of them and decide to bring a good team only to instant lose to highlord at team preview because highlord is that good.
Akashi vs Multiammiratore - Multi is an upcoming talent, but Multi has already proven themselves to be skilled at this game. Akashi won’t go down easily, but imo, Akashi’s biggest weakness is that they repeatedly picks the same mons for his defensive backbones, and Multi is good at figuring out what mons they are. However, Akashi is able to read, much to Multi’s disappointment, so hopefully, Akashi’ll read this and realize that they needs to pick different defensive mons and then lose 6-0 to Multi because multi is also able to read and predicted the defensive mons that akashi’ll use.
Zesty43 vs Chazm - Zesty is good, especially with that performance versus Highlord last week, but Chazm just edges Zesty out in experience and knowledge of the Mix and Mega meta. However, Chazm’s biggest issue, imo, is how reliant he is on Magearna in his teambuilding. He may try to escape this by refusing to use Magearna, but he’ll end up using something that can fulfill Magearna’s niches to an extent, so Zesty’ll be fine here. The only issue I can see here is that Zesty is too spicy for us all, and idk about y’all, but chazm hasn’t given me the impression of being anything but a pasty white person who never ate a single spicy food in their life outside of pepperoni and peppers, so zesty’s spiciness might work to his advantage.

Akashi vs Multiammiratore - Multi is an upcoming talent, but Multi has already proven themselves to be skilled at this game. Akashi won’t go down easily, but imo, Akashi’s biggest weakness is that they repeatedly picks the same mons for his defensive backbones, and Multi is good at figuring out what mons they are. However, Akashi is able to read, much to Multi’s disappointment, so hopefully, Akashi’ll read this and realize that they needs to pick different defensive mons and then lose 6-0 to Multi because multi is also able to read and predicted the defensive mons that akashi’ll use.
u could have just did Akashi vs MultiAmmiratore since ur all about the reads

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [0][6] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS vs Fardin
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot vs iLlama
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Halliday vs Adrian Marin
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Freddy Kyogre
USUM Almost Any Ability: Funbot28 vs tzop

so sue me im biased. Also we have Dry Skin and they're afraid of water so bring on the h2o.

The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [5][1] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard )
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break vs EternalSnowman - Idk AG but I just spent a week paying attention to Holy Break and they seem to be p good. I'm such a good manager.
USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic vs Garay oak - Again, predicting for
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs Quantum Tesseract- QT is a very solid player but BH is more of MAMP's meta, and QT will also have to be providing support for much of the rest of his team.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UBERLandon21 vs Trace- Landon will just dodge Play Rough :mad:
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs Highlord- A week ago I would likely have gone the other way around on this, but Highlord's performance last week shows that he's unfortunately kinda rusty while Andy pulled off a victory against a top player, and I'm told he's a top player himself.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. vs lax- This would be a pretty heat battle, if Geerat was less rusty. As it is I'm tempted to tip it to Lax, but I haven't seen him play very much so I'm very ready to be surprised.

This is one of the strongest teams coming off a win versus another strong team v (imo) one of the weaker teams, so seeing a 5-1 wouldn't actually be surprising. That being said, as has been repeatedly said power differentials aren't very extreme in this OMPL.

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [5][1] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Pigeons - Hunter is heat af while Pigeons is chill af and we all know Fire is strong against Ice.
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs byron the bab bab - Donno is good, right?
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) - Morogrim is a legend in his own right, even if his heyday is over. SL42 is good, but my money is still on moro.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 vs Iron Crusher - not gonna try to call this. Both known names, and I'm not familiar with 1v1 to really tell who would likely come out on top.
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi vs MultiAmmiratore - This should be a good fight, but csm is one of the hotter first-timers in this OMPL, coming off of a good performance in the MnM open (and MnM STAB tour), and is a player to watch.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Bushtush - Sabella is a gud, Bushtush has yet to make a major impression on me.

In sum... this is probably me underestimating a bunch of tour players lel

The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [2][3] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs Hamhamhamham - oh boi another highlight Ham match to be decided by poor scheduling and an eventual sub.
USUM Anything Goes: Arushi vs Mysterious M - idk them :(
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Disciple_1 vs highlighter - HL is an old hat in bh tours. Hopefully not too old, but I still expect him to win more often than not.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Baleblaze vs Blazikin - my gut says Bale, but that's all I'm really going on.
USUM Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs Chazm - Both good players, but Chazm is more at home in MnM by far.
USUM Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs The Consort - The Consort has yet to really prove himself in the major tours. We'll see if he can make an impression again Motherrust.

if is missed anything or something suck it up buttercup

Last edited:

MAMP

MAMP!
professional bh predicts:

Halliday vs. Adrian Marin - halliday is a baller and adrian exclusively brings mediocre stall teams. both are kinda rusty in the current meta but i have much more faith in halliday's ability to adapt
morogrim vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) - i got faith in my boy
Disciple_1 vs highlighter - who is disciple_1

not predicting my game bc i lost last time lol

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [4][2] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS vs Fardin: zen impressed me in week 1, but fardin was made for bo3 ag
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot vs iLlama: heard llama was decent last gen but i haven't seen him play gen 7 much. giving this one to skarph
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Halliday vs Adrian Marin: both players are rusty, but halliday has a lot more support from his teammates and is more flexible with teambuilding. i did see adrian on ladder though testing some crazy stalls so i wouldn't be surprised if he won though
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Freddy Kyogre: both are top tier 1v1 players, could go either way
USUM Mix and Mega: M'joe'ra vs xavgb: as much as i want om discord regular xavgb to win this, he just doesn't have the tour experience yet
USUM Almost Any Ability: Funbot28 vs tzop: i honestly don't know how to call this one, don't know how good either player is

The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [4][2] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard )

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break vs EternalSnowman: wasn't an overpay
USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic vs Garay oak: cata is the better ag player of the two, but garay can definitely hold his own too and ag bo1 is a pretty wild meta so i don't think anyone really has this one
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs Quantum Tesseract: literally the only time i have seen qt without ph xern was when he forgot to give it ph week 1. this man is the most basic bh player on smogon
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UBERLandon21 vs Trace: landon is good iirc
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs Highlord: what a legendary username
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. vs lax: both are good

The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [2.5][3.5] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs Hamhamhamham: i think ham isn't as good as he's hyped up to be (still v good tho), more confident in paycard in this mu
USUM Anything Goes: Arushi vs Mysterious M: arushi is definitely skilled but mysterious m put on a really good performance week 1. 40-60 imo
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Disciple_1 vs highlighter: disciple is definitely a decently good bh player. the problem is that they're up vs highlighter.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Baleblaze vs Blazikin: 420 blaze it
USUM Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs Chazm: zesty can probably perform decently depending on what kind of team he gets, but i'm going with the esteemed magearna user here
USUM Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs The Consort: consort is supposed to be good at aaa, but i haven't seen them play while ml showed last week that he could shake off the rust.

Very Serious Predicts Enclosed
jk
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [3][3] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS vs Fardin - Fardin should usually win this but with his ego inflating just seeing the word "STALLS" might trigger him to the point where he forgets how stall works
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot vs iLlama - After somehow losing against a SECONDARY (not even primary) color last week the gorgeous garbodor is ready to gunk shot a llama and OHKO it
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Halliday vs Adrian Marin - TheBurgerKing99 sounds yummy
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Freddy Kyogre - Freddy Kyogre's gonna at some point at the series realize that not turning on ignore opponents was a big mistake and gets so massively tilted he manages to misclick and lose
USUM Mix and Mega: M'joe'ra vs xavgb - After losing to his own Gyaradosite Amoonguss last week stresh is feeling motivated to win
USUM Almost Any Ability: Funbot28 vs tzop - Funbot will shape up their team after losing to a non AAA player last week

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [3.5][2.5] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Pigeons - Hunter will win one by skill, Pigeons will win one by hax, and Hunter will bring monotype g3 and Pigeons will lose to timer as he crumbles internally
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs byron the bab bab - While donno would usually win this his rust is worse than an old bicycle chain that was left out in the rain so can't decide
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) - morogrim should be able to overcome the memes after getting sniped by Mega Sceptile on the ladder countless times
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 vs Iron Crusher - the smell of donno's rust is so strong Joker will somehow be buried under it only to be smashed by an Iron Crusher
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi vs MultiAmmiratore - A classic stupid memer who gives free wins in MnM vs another classic stupid memer
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Bushtush - Two fantastic tours players and this will be a showdown of... wait this isn't an OT nvm whoever gets the better team and MU wins

The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [3][3] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Paycard (sub) vs Hamhamhamham - Ham's gonna wait until the last minute and somehow lose to ANOTHER sub
USUM Anything Goes: Arushi vs Mysterious M - Mysterious M's gonna realize about half way through that this isn't ubers and begins to make a comeback
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Disciple_1 vs highlighter - Highlighter should be able to win this one unless Disciple_1 brings a kekturne
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Baleblaze vs Blazikin - Sounds like a pretty fire match up
USUM Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs Chazm - Zesty's gonna try to be REALLY creative only to lose to another of Chazm's magearna sets
USUM Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs The Consort - The Consort will have a rude awakening where he realizes motherlove's username is actually motherhate and lose his balance, giving motherlove another chance to shake off a layer of rust

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [][] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS vs Fardin - I mean the one true god guaranteed 7-0 schtick is lol and stalls just had a solid w over zesty in seasonal and pigeons in ompl i think? But fardin still seems to be tryharding so like, hard to predict another way
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot vs iLlama - illama has fardin backing him up but chloe is probably gonna try to prep really hard to not get shut out in ag by fardin and i remember garbodor's series vs purple last week being an aight performance
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Halliday vs Adrian Marin - really questionable AAA loss last week vs generally ok at this meta i think
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Freddy Kyogre - they've both seemed generally fine
USUM Mix and Mega: M'joe'ra vs xavgb - would like to see xavgb get a good win so i could predict for this godlike username
USUM Almost Any Ability: Funbot28 vs tzop - this could easily go the other way (same for the whole set tbh, would not be surprised if heliolisks win), but funbot actually has played aaa for a while

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [][] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Pigeons - Hunter is probably one of only two people I'd unequivocally predict over pigeons
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs byron the bab bab - byron's never really done anything in ag... or much in current gen ubers idt? but he's a solid enough overall player and donno still looked a bit rusty in the L vs mm. free purple tho
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) - moro's maybe more old school proven but mr. gurpreet has the constant activity, motivation, and the momentum from last week's win over halliday
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 vs Iron Crusher - joker's not impressive but it's 1v1 so hey
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi vs MultiAmmiratore - jeran is good like 75% of the time, which still makes this in his favor probably
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Bushtush - these guys are both pretty good players so I'm gonna give it to the one with better building support from his teammates

The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - [][] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Paycard vs Hamhamhamham - paycard put out a solid, respectable performance last week. ham should be in aaa.
USUM Anything Goes: Arushi vs Mysterious M - on the other hand, arushi has still just proven ag enough that this seems like a difficult upset to pull off when mm is making his own stuff, even if he's been more hot for like 1 week e: i forgot about dsmp builds, makes this closer but I'll stick to my guns
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Disciple_1 vs highlighter - who?
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Baleblaze vs Blazikin - baleblaze is probably better than magma, but TI+Dark Alakazam building support should let baleblaze hold down the fort
USUM Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs Chazm - chazm still just has more meta familiarity, zesty has proven knows what to do with good matchups or quick games but if this isnt just a steamroller from one side then we're in slightly uncharted territory
USUM Almost Any Ability: motherlove vs The Consort - TI spent 20 minutes looking through the available aaa pool then drafted the one dude who looks bad. Will be annoyed if TI gets lucky enough for this pick to get a win. Also motherlove may have been rusty enough to make like, minor bh specific chokes that could've ended poorly or somth i have no idea, but looked like a solid return there

Last edited:

cromagnet

I pledge allegiance to the grind
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Moderately Accurate AG Predicts

WTF THHE STALLS vs Fardin - both good players but i think fardin can pull through especially since it's bo3
Garbodorisshot vs iLlama - like mz said, illama has fardin and maybe thimo backing him as i learned in my first ssnl
Holy Break vs Eternal Snowman - its hb, imo he's more experienced but there's hope for esm
Catalystic vs Garay Oak - both good players but cata is more experienced and a fellow mod so im giving it to him
Hunterstorm vs Pigeons - the goat beats the bird
Donnothefirst vs Byron the bab bab - both have been kind of off and on with ag
Paycard vs Hamhamhamham - who will the sub be this week?
Arushi vs Mysterious M - both 1-0 but i think arushi can pull through altho it can go both ways

Free PG

Hot games hotter predicts

Stalls vs fardin - this will be a nice one fardin said he's not losing so...
Paycard vs ham - out in perry like I'm perry ellis the reason people love parasailing. goat
Sabella vs bushtush - ya ya
Chazm vs Zesty - Plays mnm or smth
Skarph vs lama - skarph is nice lama has not played in a min
Hunter vs pigeons - thats my guy takes it in 3 tight games

Last edited:
MnM Predicts by your local boy of the Andy variety

M'joe'ra vs xavgb: Tough one to say for sure so i'm gonna go with a toss up. I think the deciding factor will be the prep game as if xav can put something together that pressures Joe enough to make him seriously uncomfortable and crack open his cores, he'll be able to make the necessary aggressive plays to pull it off. However, Joe's a tough one to crack and his patience and intelligent play could give xav an incredibly hard time. Needless to say, excited for this one

Andyboy500 vs Highlord: hehe boi

Akashi vs MultiAmmiratore: Very nice chance for a little Multi revenge for open finals. Multi looked p good in open and has even more experience under his belt since then so it'll be cool to see how he tackles Akashi since then. Despite the week 1 loss, the poor guy had his wincon froze like.... turn 3 and it just wasn't a very fair game luck wise. Multi's prep is very good, he's a strong tournament player and call me a hater, but Akashi should be one of the easiest to prep for in this tour as i've never seen this man leave home without sablenite bliss and other such fat. However, Akashi won an open and made finals in the following open so he clearly knows how to play. Gonna give the edge to Multi because I think his nice prep and motivation for revenge after open finals is gonna give him the tools to win this.

Zesty43 vs Chazm: This one should be fun. Might be surprised to see me giving this to Zesty, but he prepped and played very well vs Highlord when I didn't think he stood much of a chance. This is also the exact kind of situation where Chazm struggled in open as he took the L from Multi who was also a player who wasn't known and thus hard to prep for. Zesty is the same in this regard and is very familiar with what Chazm likes. Also, the dude has nobody predicting in his favor this week just like nobody predicted in my favor last week so I gotta give this man my vote of support. I believe in you Zesty!

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons (Chloe) - [3][3] - The Hellborn Heliolisks (drampa's grandpa & OM room)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS vs Fardin - Top 3 AG player. Will probably run something irritating on the first game or the third game if there is one.
USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot vs iLlama - I believe Skarph certainly be more prepared.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Halliday vs Adrian Marin - This is a hard one but I feel Halliday will give himself more opportunities to beat Adrian.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Freddy Kyogre - http://prntscr.com/jwi7ij I don't have anything to say.
USUM Mix and Mega: M'joe'ra vs xavgb - I feel xavgb has a higher chance here.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Funbot28 vs tzop - Given tzop's success with daily tournaments including with AAA and ladder (in my defense for including ladder, there isn't too much else AAA has), I believe tzop would win this matchup.

The Hotshot Honchkrows (Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [4][2] - The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard )
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break vs EternalSnowman - EternalSnowman is a great tournaments player but Holy Break definitely has an edge here due to their widespread experience playing the meta.
USUM Anything Goes: Catalystic vs Garay oak - Catalystic and his skills have the upper hand
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs Quantum Tesseract - Quantum is good but MAMP has BH at the back of her hand.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UBERLandon21 vs Trace - I would draw if I wanted to, but I felt the need to pick a side.
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs Highlord - I see Highlord as a top tier MnM player. I don't really know Andyboy500 but from what I heard about him, this could be a close matchup.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sylveon. vs lax - Cheering for geerat.

The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz) - [5][1] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)
Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: HunterStorm vs Pigeons - Top 2 AG player at minimum. He'll get his way.
USUM Anything Goes: DonnotheFirst vs byron the bab bab - I don't know how sure I am on this prediction. I'm just judging based off AG experience.
USUM Balanced Hackmons: morogrim vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) - Both of these are at least good BH players but I've seen morogrim take BH to higher levels.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 vs Iron Crusher - Gonna be honest here, I don't really know what to expect for 1v1 matchups.
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi vs MultiAmmiratore - ...I THINK AKASHI WILL WIN. I ran out of explanations.
USUM Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Bushtush - I heard about Sabella's ability to adapt to metagames easily when given the right teams and he beat an actual AAA player last week. I'm not sure about Bushtush but I feel I can remain confident on this prediction.

The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei) - - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)
252 SpA Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Blissey: 840-988 (117.6 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
Really unbiased 1v1 predicts

Bo5 USUM 1v1: Kentari vs Freddy Kyogre, He beat em once, he'll maybe? beat em again
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UBERLandon21 vs Trace, who?
USUM Mix and Mega: MaceMaster (sub 1) vs Highlord, this isn't a 1v1 match, but Mace is currently listed in MnM over Andy for some reason-
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Joker 1v1 vs Iron Crusher, once we discover what kind of metal pokeballs are made of, I'm positive they will be crushed. For now, we'll have to settle with crushing Joker.
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Baleblaze vs Blazikin, Blaze may be the predicted winner, but Blaze can still come up to par with Blaze, if Blaze is in a good mood.

Chloe

is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
NUPL Champion
The title and thumbnail should explain what this is fairly well. I should note though that I hadn't clicked on ESM's and HB's matches, so I was under the impression ESM had already won. If I could make that prediction, I would put it in favour of Holy Break.

mnm prediccs:

Voting on xav here, he has the skill to get through despite his first loss and analyzing skills to be able to determine how to play against Joe. But we'll see, mans will probably freeze another Yveltal
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs Highlord
Nobody is really at an advantage here, imo - both are great offense players but Highlord has some more innovating techs he could bring, whilst Andy has a similar thing he could do, having the ability to play some bulkier styles if need be. Maybe the Magearna User Seal of Approval (TM) may change that.
USUM Mix and Mega: Akashi vs MultiAmmiratore
Multi has the tournament knowledge to be able to successfully dismantle Jeran, and his opponent does not have the knowledge in tours to determine what he could bring. I think Jeran does stand a chance here, but the amount of techs this man has made in the past make him difficult to predict.
USUM Mix and Mega: Zesty43 vs Chazm
when your opp has the Magearna User Seal of Approval (TM) it's a bit difficult to tell wtf they're gonna do

doing this here because kentari limits posting on his profile

Kentari i cant tell time so i missed showing uptoday i basically have the entire week to play so just pick a time and ill actually show up

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)