Tournament OMPL VI: Information & Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by h_n_g_m_n

Welcome to the sixth iteration of the Other Metagames Premier League, the biggest OM Tournament of the year!
- Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays & Usage Stats -
- POST OMPL THREAD -
Overview

Teams (w/ links to Discord)
The Hotshot Honchkrows - Jrdn & Snaquaza - CHAMPIONS

How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. Bo3 USUM Anything Goes
  2. USUM Anything Goes
  3. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  4. Bo5 USUM 1v1
  5. USUM Mix and Mega
  6. USUM Almost Any Ability
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in whichthe round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks, after which the team with the most points will go directly to the final round. Week 8 will be a Playoff round between the second and third placed team to decide who will be the other finalist. Week 9 will be the grand finale. Note that this schedule is subject to tiebreakers (explained below)​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since Anything Goes is likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is left upto the players' discretion (here, bo3 is by default)

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM E4 Flint on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2.​

Miscellaneous

Last edited:

E4 Flint

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Roster
Auction Log | Player Prices: [Overall , By Team]

The Five-Star Jolteons - Managed by DBW & Ransei
The Bedroom Blisseys - Managed by The Immortal
The Buyer Bewears - Managed by ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab
The Hellborn Heliolisks - Managed by drampa's grandpa & OM room
The Hotshot Honchkrows - Managed by Jrdn & Snaquaza
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons - Managed by Chloe
The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas - Managed by DEG & sedertz
The Treasure Town Talonflames - Managed by Leru & Megazard

Last edited:

E4 Flint

E4 Flint

Announcement - Week 1:
Hello all. Week 1 will be starting promptly at 12:00AM (UTC -5) June 12, 2018 and will end at 11:59PM June 19, a similar scheduling style to all previous OMPL seasons. All managers must send me their lineups by 10:00PM, Monday, June 11, 2018. This can be done via Smogon PM (preferred), or Discord, with all managers present in either form. The lineup must include the 6 main players with their formats specified, and "WEEK 1" mentioned. If you miss the deadline, I will assign players randomly.​
The Five-Star Jolteons - DBW & Ransei
The Bedroom Blisseys - The Immortal
The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas - DEG & sedertz
The Hotshot Honchkrows - Jrdn & Snaquaza
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons - Chloe
The Hellborn Heliolisks - drampa's grandpa & OM room
The Buyer Bewears - ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab
The Treasure Town Talonflames - Leru & Megazard

Last edited:

E4 Flint

Announcement - New Round Dates:
Following a discussion with managers and taking a majority vote, I am changing the round times from the previous 7 full day schedule to a Sunday - Monday schedule. The managers understood that as a result, the first week will be shorter which was deemed an acceptable trade-off.​
votes.png

Note: This will not affect the start date or the deadline for when line-ups are due. Week 1 will now take place from June 12 to June 17.

E4 Flint

Announcement - Submitting Next Round Lineups
The following is the process of sending in lineups for the next round (and all subsequent rounds). The deadline for submitting rounds for the next week will be 6 hours before the end of the previous week i.e. 5:59 PM (UTC -5). I will post reminders every week. I would appreciate if you all submit it in the same format as below. This would make it easy and fast for me to format and tag everything. Again, this can be done over smogon pm's (preferred) or discord, with all managers present, and not PS chat.
Code:
MyTeamName

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: @Player1
USUM Anything Goes: @Player2
USUM Balanced Hackmons: @Player3
Bo5 USUM 1v1: @Player4
USUM Mix and Mega: @Player5
USUM Almost Any Ability: @Player6
Note: Failure to meet the deadline will result in reusing the previous week's lineup. From then on, any changes that need to be made to the lineup will have to be by using the two substitutes given to each team.​

E4 Flint

Announcement - Buyer Bewears Player Replacement
As seen here, Bushtush was banned from Smogon and is thus removed from this tournament as well. I have decided to use the precedent set in the aforementioned post i.e. the Buyer Bewears will take their pick from the list of remaining players (here for your convenience, let me know if there are any errors in the list). The result from the game already played will stand.​
E: SectoniaServant16 was chosen and added to the Buyer Bewears​
Tagging Managers of The Buyer Bewears - ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab

Last edited:

E4 Flint

Announcement - Zeraora
As seen here, Zeraora was released on PS, before Week 3 ended. I've made the decision to allow its use for Week 4 (and onward). This will affect all metas except BH (where it was always usable after being coded).​
sup
The Five-Star Jolteons - DBW & Ransei
The Bedroom Blisseys - The Immortal
The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas - DEG & sedertz
The Hotshot Honchkrows - Jrdn & Snaquaza
The Hydrophobic Hydreigons - Chloe
The Hellborn Heliolisks - drampa's grandpa & OM room
The Buyer Bewears - ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab
The Treasure Town Talonflames - Leru & Megazard

E4 Flint

Announcement - On Playoffs and Subs
Hello all. Most of this information has already been conveyed to the managers but posting here to clarify to everyone involved in this tournament.​
Playoffs
There have been some questions on making the tournament a Top 3 Playoff System instead of a Top 4. My reasoning at the beginning of the tour was to give a kind of internal dynamic within the Top 3 of trying to reach first place, as well as avoid a scenario where a team can do the best over the entire tour and still not make finals. Very recently, I have received suggestions from several managers (and others) to switch to a Top 4 playoff format and upon these requests, I presented my views to a TD who mentioned that: 1) a Top 3 playoff system is not so unusual 2) the current system was what every manager agreed upon implicitly at the beginning of the season, and the support to change it abruptly is not unanimous and 3) the qualification system should not be changed so late into the tournament. Therefore, no changes will be made.​
Substitutions
It is my view that substitutes are to be used in the case of "extenuating circumstances" which are unavoidable, whether on the first day of the week, or the last; therefore we cannot really put a brake on them. Moreover, they should generally not be used with a tactical purpose of creating confusion in an opponent's team. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and I find explanations unsatisfactory, I still reserve the right to veto them.​
--​
Thanks everyone and I will continue to consider feedback about both of these items for planning future OMPL's e.g. using a Top 4 system in the future, openly making tactical substitutions allowed etc​

E4 Flint

Announcement - Playoff Semifinalists!
It's the battle to make the final! Over the 7 weeks, we have The Buyer Bewears in first place, waiting for their opponent. The second and third place teams, The Hotshot Honchkrows and The Hydrophobic Hydreigons will duke it out for the right to face them in the semifinal playoff round... coming up next!​

honchkrow.png

Last edited:

E4 Flint

Announcement - Hotshot Honchkrows Player Replacement + Week 7 Substitution Error
On mags
mags has been tournament banned and is thus removed from this tournament as well. As in the case before with the Buyer Bewears, managers Jrdn & Snaquaza were allowed to select a new player for the Hotshot Honchkrows from the un-drafted player pool; post discussion in Discord, frisoeva was chosen and added to their roster.​
On Week 7 Player Substitution Error (Hellborn Heliolisks)
For Week 7, Hellborn Heliolisks had selected Freddy Kyogre as a late substitution over iLlama, who was himself substituted out previously, but which I had mistakenly allowed. I have now retroactively voided this substitution and awarded The Treasure Town Talonflames an automatic win for their USUM Anything Goes Bo1 game. My apologies for this oversight.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)