Tournament OMPL VI - Week 5

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Art by h_n_g_m_n
Other Metagames Premier League VI
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoff | Finals -
- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays & Usage Stats -
Discussion Thread
How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. Bo3 USUM Anything Goes
  2. USUM Anything Goes
  3. USUM Balanced Hackmons
  4. Bo5 USUM 1v1
  5. USUM Mix and Mega
  6. USUM Almost Any Ability
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. Apart from where it is explicitly mentioned (1 and 4 above), the result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​

Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in whichthe round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks, after which the team with the most points will go directly to the final round. Week 8 will be a Playoff round between the second and third placed team to decide who will be the other finalist. Week 9 will be the grand finale. Note that this schedule is subject to tiebreakers (explained below)​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since Anything Goes is likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is left upto the players' discretion.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM E4 Flint on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!
Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups

The Hydrophobic Hydreigons
(Chloe) - [0][6] - The Metro Boomin Mega Rayquazas (DEG & sedertz)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: GarbodorIsHot vs HunterStorm
USUM Anything Goes: WTF THHE STALLS vs EzyRider
USUM Balanced Hackmons: jasprose vs morogrim (
sub 1)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: UnleashOurPassion vs Joker 1v1
USUM Mix and Mega: M'joe'ra vs Akashi
USUM Almost Any Ability: aesf vs Sabella

The Hellborn Heliolisks
(drampa's grandpa & OM room) - [3][3] - The Bedroom Blisseys (The Immortal)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Fardin vs DontStealMyPenguin
USUM Anything Goes: shiloh (
sub 1) vs Mysterious M
USUM Balanced Hackmons: GL Volkner vs highlighter
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Freddy Kyogre vs The Dark Alakazam
USUM Mix and Mega: tzop (
sub 2) vs Chazm
USUM Almost Any Ability: Laxpras vs Hamhamhamham (
sub 1)

The Hotshot Honchkrows
(Jrdn & Snaquaza) - [2][4] - The Five-Star Jolteons (DBW & Ransei)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Terracotta vs Paycard
USUM Anything Goes: Holy Break vs Arushi
USUM Balanced Hackmons: MAMP vs Disciple_1
Bo5 USUM 1v1: MaceMaster vs Magma
USUM Mix and Mega: Andyboy500 vs Zesty43
USUM Almost Any Ability: Plas vs motherlove

The Treasure Town Talonflames (Leru & Megazard) - [2][4] - The Buyer Bewears (ScarfWynaut & Uselesscrab)

Bo3 USUM Anything Goes: Charmflash vs PurpleGatorade
USUM Anything Goes: Garay oak vs Alpha Rabbit
USUM Balanced Hackmons: Quantum Tesseract vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
Bo5 USUM 1v1: Trace vs Iron Crusher
USUM Mix and Mega: EternalSnowman vs skysolo14
USUM Almost Any Ability: lax vs ihhca

---
If I made any errors, I apologize in advance and request you to please let me know asap via this thread, VM, PM or through discord!
---
~ Deadline ~
11:59 PM (UTC -5) on July 15th, 2018
Week 6 Team Submission Deadline: 5:59 PM (UTC -5) on July 15th, 2018

Last edited:

in the hills

spreading confusion
is a Top Artistis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mnm predicts
M’joe’ra vs Akashi
lol imagine jeran winning an ompl game
in all seriousness this will be a nice game to watch as jeran said joe is the only mnm player he’s yet to play so im interested to see how he preps

xavgb vs Chazm
Chazm autoloses to 0-3 players... maybe Chazm can pull through if he double checks his evs

Andyboy500 vs Zesty43
as much as i love Zesty’s heat in mnm, Andy is going 6-1 and nobody can tell me otherwise

EternalSnowman vs skysolo14
uhh idk what to say about this match but esm is a good player who has a good team behind him that will build him heat but i dont know what to expect from this other dude and with sect and multi building (i guess? idk why they arent playing) some hot teams could be brought.

Jasprose vs. Aki0s- I can’t really say who has the edge here, but Aki0’s teambuilding has a slight edge over Jasp.
GL Volkner vs. Highlighter- Highlight match, I’m excited.
MAMP vs. Disciple_1- #MAMPtheCHAMP no contest
QT vs. Gurpreet Patel- QT is stretched trying to help his teammates and Gurpreet is a force to be reckoned with at this point.

Ag and Mnm
Hunter vs skarph: skarph is really good has really impressed me but hunter has been insane with prep and playing so far i think the only person i would take over him is purple rn and thats still up in the air.
Stalls vs Ezyrider: Stalls is also playing as well as anyone I was quick to write this game off as a win for him but Ezy is a solid player for sure and is still learning and improving so with hunter and donno's help i could for sure see him taking a bo1 here, but i'm still picking stalls.
Joe vs Jeran: Have not watched enough of either of them I know both are pretty solid.
Fardin vs Dsmp: I'm not entirely sure if dsmp will prep or not but i also don't think it matters all that much sense he's not super active.
Lama vs M: M is playing quite well as is to be expected lama has not preformed thus far but he is very capable of pulling this out.
Stresh vs Chazm: stresh is chazm kryptonite from what i hear make this a bo3 imo should be good
Charm vs purple: Charm has looked really good playing wise i think he would be 2-0 if he used Zard's teams but i think that purple is too hot
Garay vs Rabbit: Better person building for him and i think the better player in general
Esm vs skysolo: I know that solo is a solid player idk if he's ever played mnm though and he does not have qt prepping. Esm is also a hot boi.

Yo I wanna try doing dem predict things.

BH:
jasprose vs aki0s - Now to all that aren't aware, jasprose is an amazing bh player, perhaps the best there ever was... before he decided to shame his parents by throwing the towel. I don't know how he came to play BH in ompl, but I do know that jasprose seems thoroughly unconfident and his last win was kinda shaky. aki0s lost last week but not without putting up a really neato fight and dabbing on le champ with some sets pulled straight from the oven. He did choke at the end but he came up as more convincing overall.

GL Volkner vs Highlighter - Highlighter is tilting, what's happening? Everyone thought this man was going undefeated but he's now 2-2 after getting 6-0d two weeks straight. Volk is currently undefeated after taking down morogrim and the champ and he's already had a week of prep. Overall I don't think Volt's gameplay is as polished as what I've seen from highlighter in the past, but the odds seem to be in his favour.

MAMP vs Disciple_1 - We don't predict against our own. Disciple's performance might've been somewhat unconvincing in previous weeks but he's super fresh rn and very eager to take the champ down, hell he's been planning on taking down the champ since the very beginning. All support to this man so he can go home with a win in the bag.

Quantum Tesseract vs Gurpreet Patel - Lol, this game is gonna be super weird. SL42 is definitely not the person he was back at the BH open where he refused to believe pheromosa semi-stall was bad despite losing every game with it. Maybe he just got better at sorting out his influx of ridiculous ideas to only keep the good ones and trash the gimmicks, who knows? But the result has been a consistent stream of victories this ompl. On the other hand, I've always been a fan of QT's teambuilding in bh. But it has been lacking, I imagine building 7 teams a week probably impacts him negatively, his builds don't seem as tight as they should be (also he brought fairy aura Xerneas). If it continues like that matchup may play a huge part in the outcome of this battle (just like the two previous weeks for qt), but overall I think he's a stronger player than SL42 so I wouldn't be surprised if he won despite having a sub-optimal team.

AAA:
aesf vs Sabella - You can't prep against aesf.
Laxlapras vs The Consort - At this point, one would need very solid reasons to predict against laxpras in ompl. Is Consort a solid enough reason? I think not. Laxpras stands out as a better player and better teambuilder with more tournament experience, this should be fairly one-sided.
Geerat vs motherlove - There's no way I can beat the geerat + jrdn dirty pair when both are in peak form and here to win while I'm just a rusty old man with no imagination.
lax vs ihhca - Lax's name is a shortening of laxpras I've seen lax win a bunch of good aaa games in ompl over the years, this time around he's only lost to the geerat + jrdn combo and won the other two games so he's doing good. Experienced, consistent and versatile player, plus as far as I know he's more of a dedicated aaa main than Virginia is.

This actually took a lot of time to write.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)