Tournament OMPL VIII - Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sectonia

But I set fire to the rain
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Art by AmirAlexander
- Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Week 6 | Week 7 | Playoffs | Finals -
- Information Thread | Roster | Schedule | Standings | Replays | Usage Stats | Records -
Discussion Thread

How this works
There are 8 teams this year. Each team will have have 6 players and at least 2 subs. The players are bought using the 80k credits that managers receive during the auction. Managers will be allowed to purchase themselves as players for their team at a fixed price of 16k but must assign one assistant manager from their drafted players. This may be done either during the auction or after it. Teams can win their matchup every week by winning 4 of the 6 matches that their players have to play.​
The tier lineup this year is as follows:​
  1. SS Almost Any Ability
  2. SS Balanced Hackmons
  3. SS Camomons
  4. SS Mix and Mega
  5. SS NFE
  6. SS STABmons
All games will be played on the Pokemon Showdown main server or SmogTours in the most current version of the format corresponding to those listed above. The result between players may be decided in a best-of-one or best-of-three at the discretion of both players involved. If there is no agreement, the result will decided in a Bo1 by default.​
Winning a round rewards a team with 2 points, drawing 1 point, and losing zero points. In addition, the manner in which the round has been won will also be recorded i.e. the difference between a team's wins and losses in a specific week's round (referred to as "Win Differential").​
Playoffs:​
Each team will play one another for seven weeks. Based on the final standings, the top 4 teams will enter a Playoffs Round to determine the teams appearing in the finals.​

Tiebreaker
In the event of two teams being tied for a spot in the finals based on points and win differential, or a tie in the final round itself, we will have a tiebreaker round(s).​

Tiebreaker Rules: The most played meta from usage stats plus one metagame picked by each manager will give a best-of-three game between the tied teams, ultimately deciding who goes onto finals. The three games must be different formats, i.e. the remaining two games cannot be the same as the most played metagame, and must be from the list above. Since SS Balanced Hackmons is most likely to be chosen by usage, the decision to play Bo3 or Bo1 is still left upto the players' discretion and bo1 remains by default.​

Substitutes
Substitutes are to be used in the case of "extenuating circumstances" which are unavoidable, whether on the first day of the week, or the last. Moreover, they should generally not be used with a tactical purpose of creating confusion in an opponent's team. At the same time, players should be relatively well-aware of who all are available to play in the opponent's camp. If last minute substitutes are being frequently used or abused and the hosts find explanations unsatisfactory, the hosts still reserve the right to veto them.​

Trades
If teams wish to conduct a trade, both managers (or assistant managers if the manager is not present) MUST PM Ransei and SectoniaServant on the FORUMS to have the trade be official. No trades may occur after the conclusion of week 2. A traded player may only feature in the round after they have been traded.​

Scheduling
Scheduling should be done on VM walls, plain and simple:​
  • If there is no communication on VM walls and a game goes undone, it will be left to the RNG to decide the winner
  • If there is communication on only one user's behalf, the win will go to them. Feel free to call activity in this thread beforehand
  • If there is a very healthy back and forth regarding potential times and one user is a no-show, a manager may take the opportunity to sub out the no-show competitor; if this is not done, the user that showed up responsibly will be awarded the win.
TL;DR: VM your opponents, schedule your matches, and be reliable. If you're not reliable, let your manager know so they can sub you out ASAP.​
Use these VM's to initiate discussion about bo1 or bo3 as well!

Sportsmanship
Exhibitions of unsportsmanlike conduct with regards to Other Metagame Premier League will be met with an infraction at the discretion of the OMPL host/OM mods. This is unlikely to include interactions within a team's private chat unless there is reason found to make an exception. This rule is meant to protect other users from being publicly flamed/bashed/provoked by another competitor for the duration of and following the tournament.​
All players must complete their matches by the given deadline. Any incomplete matches by that time will be subject to activity decision (MAKE SURE YOU POST ON YOUR OPPONENT'S VM WALL); otherwise, they will be decided via !pick publicly in the OM Room. All matches should ideally be done on your most notable alt (the one you registered for OMPL with) to avoid confusion and the replay must be saved and posted in this thread. The replays will be archived in a separate thread, and will be used to calculate usage stats.​

Substitutions & Lineups
Managers, if you wish to make any substitutions, you must post here tagging both the player you're subbing out, the player you're subbing in, the manager and assistant manager of the opposing team, the substitute's opponent, and myself. This is to assure that everyone is in-the-loop and that the OP is updated accordingly to reflect the new match-up.​
Managers, when you send in lineups, please send it in with the tier and Smogon username of each player fully written out for ease of transcription, in exactly the same order as laid out above. I will post instructions about sending the lineup for next week later this week.​

Matchups

The Pandemic Parasects (Catalystic, Sylveon.) - [3][3] - The Crown Jewel Corviknights (SBPC, Andyboy)

SS Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Thinkerino
SS Balanced Hackmons: sugarhigh vs MAMP
SS Camomons: Sylveon. vs MetaRiolu7
SS Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Andyboy
SS NFE: 85percent vs uhuhuhu7
SS STABmons: Zesty43 vs Terracotta

The Spinda Wheels (xavgb, Jordy) - [3][3] - The Head Honchkrows (Jrdn, aesf)

SS Almost Any Ability: Megazard vs aesf
SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs highlighter
SS Camomons: Hamhamhamhamham vs Jrdn
SS Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Redflix
SS NFE: blinkboy vs frisoeva
SS STABmons: vivalospride vs Cam

The Malevolent Misdreavuses (Chazm, Euphonos) - [3][3] - The Money Magearnas (Funbot28, GL Volkner)

SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs Dragonillis
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tack :] vs GL Volkner
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Matiss98
SS Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Fardin
SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic vs Crystalites
SS STABmons: w0rd vs Funbot28

The Klink Shamers (Chloe, Pigeons) - [2][4] - The Temper Tyrantrums (OM, drampa's grandpa)

SS Almost Any Ability: Quantum Tesseract vs Racool
SS Balanced Hackmons: a loser vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
SS Camomons: DugZa vs Mark K
SS Mix and Mega: Pigeons vs Skysolo
SS NFE: TonyFlygon vs Ho3nConfirm3d
SS STABmons: Betathunder vs Plas

~ Deadline ~
11:59 PM (UTC -4) on April 19th, 2020

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick, americans are asleep, post your predicts

The Pandemic Parasects (Catalystic, Sylveon.) - [1][5] - The Crown Jewel Corviknights (SBPC, Andyboy)
SS Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Thinkerino - Sab and geerat have a lot to figure out getting into gen 8 and while I don't think it will take then more than a couple weeks to fully get into the groove, Thinkerino already has his homework done and ahead of the time, if this was later in the tour, I'd likely highlight Sabella. 7/10 will be an interesting game seeing Sab work out an uphill battle.
SS Balanced Hackmons: sugarhigh vs MAMP - Mamp disappeared every other week, sugarhigh disappeared for the whole gen. 4/10 Just another BH game, not sure I'll watch it.
SS Camomons: Sylveon. vs MetaRiolu7 - Unlike AAA, Camomons' meta is still very up in the air, mostly consisting of carry over from last gen right now so geerat won't have trouble to pick it right back up. 6/10 Am looking forward to see what each bring, but I don't think I'll be surprised.
SS Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Andyboy - This is the toughest one on this match-up, Andy is clearly the favorite here but Multi has shown he'll fight back and fight well. 10/10 Excited to watch two of the best OM players in their peak playing their main, don't miss it.
SS NFE: 85percent vs uhuhuhu7 - Ive been told uwuwu7 is the best of the 2. 2/10 Don't expect an NFE game to go much higher than this, not really into watching teenage mons duking it out till the inevitable 5050 that closes it out.
SS STABmons: Zesty43 vs Terracotta - These are both players who are 100% gonna bring some heat teams, especially in the first week so I have to with Terra who is more familiar and builds something a bit more solid. Zesty could still take it on matchup. 7/10 fun to watch.

The Spinda Wheels (xavgb, Jordy) - [4][2] - The Head Honchkrows (Jrdn, aesf)
SS Almost Any Ability: Megazard vs aesf - aesf + jrdn is a proven combo that I don't think stresh + mz will overtake. 6/10 - hope we dont see an early forfeit.
SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs highlighter - hl has been grinding gen 8 since his sign-up but PDT has the better support here and has come clutch in the past. 7/10 would be higher if it wasn't BH.
SS Camomons: Hamhamhamhamham vs Jrdn - Close one, Jrdn is gonna have better prep but ham will see a win condition and play to it the best he can. 9/10 Expecting a great game by both parties.
SS Mix and Mega: xavgb vs Redflix - Redflix has been picking up support recently and justifiably so as he's the sole addition to MnM starters pool this year but having to face xavgb in week 1 is a feels bad. 5/10 Will watch, not expecting a lot though.
SS NFE: blinkboy vs frisoeva - 2/10 spoiler alert: only nfe game im interested in is durza's.
SS STABmons: vivalospride vs Cam - Cam is the stab main with Jrdn support but, while I'm afraid stresh will overwork himself to burnout in later rounds (especially if playoff chances are looking grimm), I'm 100% positive he's eager right now and so is Viv (despite the persona he puts up xp) . 7/10 Given the support each have, the match-up could be very fun to watch

The Malevolent Misdreavuses (Chazm, Euphonos) - [3][3] - The Money Magearnas (Funbot28, GL Volkner)
SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs Dragonillis - Drago is a great up and coming and I believe he'll pickup wins where some might not expect, sadly I think rozes is the only one I think that won't happen. 7/10 Drago has the better support, so we'll watch rozes A game. Good one for the triple A fans.
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tack :] vs GL Volkner - I still don't know who tack is and from what I've gathered it doesn't seem anyone knows how he ended up a bh starter. 3/10 if I watch it's for the memes.
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Matiss98 - People will find it weird I'm already predicting the best camo core in the tour to lose but Matiss has both building and emotional support from his team and all the french community. 8/10 David vs Goliath match here (except David was a favorite all along, seriously who thinks an agile, slingshort profficient small guy loses to a huge immobile predictable dude)
SS Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Fardin - Bias is unavoidable here, I think Chazm is the better MnM starter after xavgb but Fardin will bring something solid and it'll come down to 1 or 2 outplays Fardin pulls off. 9/10 great game to watch if you can.
SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic vs Crystalites - Crystalites is the perceived best player here but Durza will wipe anyone who opposes him. 7/10 only NFE game I'll be watching.
SS STABmons: w0rd vs Funbot28 - Funbot isn't as good as the almighty w0rd. 6/10 Eager to see how it plays out, funbot could get 6-0ed if she's not in her A game but I could also see this being very very close. Rating goes up to an 8/10 if funbot isn't emotionally disturbed for having spent 32k on herself and volk.

Highlights
MultiAmmiratore vs Andyboy - 10/10
Hamhamhamhamham vs Jrdn - 9/10
Chazm vs Fardin - 9/10

Last edited:

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Usually I get bugged to do this in this subforum but this time literally not a single soul asked for this. Naturally I do not care and will try my best to make at least a few people smile reading this horrible post that nobody should realistically enjoy reading but probably will anyways. If you don't, I as usual don't care.

The Pandemic Parasects (Catalystic, Sylveon.) - [3.5][2.5] - The Crown Jewel Corviknights (SBPC, Andyboy)

SS Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Thinkerino - Ik this thinkerino guy as aaa council and sab def hasnt played aaa this gen yet. Regardless gen8aaa still does have snorlax near the top of the vr so chances are high that sab's significantly higher skill floor and ceiling will get him the dub here, even if he brings some absolute jank bc his "aaa support" hasnt played gen 8 either. Theyre both goats tho.
SS Balanced Hackmons: sugarhigh vs MAMP - my whole life on this site can be summed up with the words "mamp is cooler than you". Every time I speak in the same realm as this guy someone reminds me that his voice is way sexier than mine and I'll never be like mamp the champ. Therefore due to my inferiority complex I will bold sugarhigh.
SS Camomons: Sylveon. vs MetaRiolu7 - Seeing geerat not in aaa makes me sad but ig my mental health isn't important enough for geerat to care. Even if he is part of the troublesome threesome of OMs I'm bolding MetalSnake7 bc geerat is a bad friend.
SS Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Andyboy - multi amalgamation has amalgamated one too many times and this joke isn't funny anymore so I dont wanna bold him. Luckily for him it's no secret that I fucking hate this andyboy character. This guy went for 23k more than he's worth and is even labeled the assman of this team? I bet he did legit ZERO of the work prepping for this draft. SBPC i'm sorry you're not familiar enough with the community to know that this guy is even bad at club penguin mini games, why would he be able to play a game as high iq as pocket monsters??
SS NFE: 85percent vs uhuhuhu7 - uhuhuhuhuhuhuhu was on my zupl team I think and was like the most helpful guy there, I think, I don't remember tbh. But idk who this 85 guy is so uhuhuhu easily.
SS STABmons: Zesty43 vs Terracotta - I'm straight but... these're two of the hottest individuals on this website and I hope they play this game in a zoom call with everybody.

The Malevolent Misdreavuses (Chazm, Euphonos) - [5][1] - The Money Magearnas (Funbot28, GL Volkner)

SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs Dragonillis - let's be honest rozes is trash, however my friendship with rozes dates back to omwc where we got our ass beat and I somehow convinced rozes that I'm worth a slot on his nupl team because I was able to go 1-2 in esteemed omwc. Anyways I will bold rozes bc GO FRIENDS (my uupl team in which he is on), also ive never seen this dragon guy in my life while rozes is part of the big aaa 6
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tack :] vs GL Volkner - Volty yet again goes for like 12k more than he's worth while I've heard good things about tack's bh prowess. Flint stepped down so volty is probably too busy crying himself to sleep > prepping so tack should slaughter.
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Matiss98 - Although clarion has quit mons and come back more than I can count, it seems he has finally found his niche within the smogon community as the CAMOMONS METEOROLOGIST. Ive never seen someone love a meta more than clarion does camomons, it's insane. My UU Iron Chef boss is finishing x-0.
SS Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Fardin - 3k fardin is hilarious but idt it's hilarious enough to overcome chazm. Although on second thought gen8mnm doesn't have magearna (chazm's waifu) so he's probably much less powerful compared to last gen.
SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic vs Crystalites - idk who this crystal guy is but durza has been disrespected in all these mocks for too long, its time to stan durza
SS STABmons: w0rd vs Funbot28 - Funbot knows this meta much better but like who really fuckin cares when w0rd's brain is as big as it is. Funbot has probably been neglecting her duties as stab leader and playing gen3.5qu instead anwyays. w0rd literally showed up and the whole planet exploded last year, then there were a few people that were like "nah people fuckin sucked back when w0rd was successful hes not that good" then he murdered everybody in everything. Unless funbot can seduce w0rd into throwing mid game I think w0rd will win.

The Klink Shamers (Chloe, Pigeons) - [3][3] - The Temper Tyrantrums (OM, drampa's grandpa)

SS Almost Any Ability: Quantum Tesseract vs Racool - QT is a good guy I think but Racool is another member of the aaa big 6 and I don't see her having a negative record anytime soon. Even without gen8aaa knowledge im p sure racool will somehow still bring blacephalon and still win.
SS Balanced Hackmons: a loser vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) - idk if a loser still rates but a loser is p much the only om user that's stepped foot into the rmt subforum in the past 3 years so I feel obliged to stan him. The h3h3 boi alliance has gotta be one of my least favorite things in the history of smogon as well so this is easy.
SS Camomons: DugZa vs Mark K - DugZa was on my ltpl team and Mark K was my manager last year so this is pretty tough. I think Mark had a lot of faith in me last year and was generally a good manager even tho I was v unproven and random in the om community so I will bold his name, even if our team was the equivalent of horse diarrhea
SS Mix and Mega: Pigeons vs Skysolo - Skysolo is rlly good at ubers metagames, if he preps for stall he will be fine I think. Definitely not counting Chris Anderson out tho that guy's a beast.
SS NFE: TonyFlygon vs Ho3nConfirm3d - Tony is the only notable tour figure in this tour that's slotted in NFE which is pretty crazy, I think he'll slaughter everyone, how hard can nfe be. Also very surprised to not see NFE EviGaro in this tour.
SS STABmons: Betathunder vs Plas - This is a pretty neat mu, beta has played one game of gen8 total and im 90% sure it's the hackmons cup game we played like 2 days ago. So maybe plas has the advantage but betathunder follows me on instagram so im bolding him.

I hope everyone has a great ompl while I am slotted into stabmons >:D

Last edited:
Usually I get bugged to do this in this subforum but this time literally not a single soul asked for this. Naturally I do not care and will try my best to make at least a few people smile reading this horrible post that nobody should realistically enjoy reading but probably will anyways. If you don't, I as usual don't care.

The Pandemic Parasects (Catalystic, Sylveon.) - [3.5][2.5] - The Crown Jewel Corviknights (SBPC, Andyboy)

SS Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Thinkerino - Ik this thinkerino guy as aaa council and sab def hasnt played aaa this gen yet. Regardless gen8aaa still does have snorlax near the top of the vr so chances are high significantly higher skill floor and ceiling will get him the dub here, even if he brings some absolute jank bc his "aaa support" hasnt played gen 8 either. Theyre both goats tho.
SS Balanced Hackmons: sugarhigh vs MAMP - my whole life on this site can be summed up with the words "mamp is cooler than you". Every time I speak in the same realm as this guy someone reminds me that his voice is way sexier than mine and I'll never be like mamp the champ. Therefore due to my inferiority complex I will bold sugarhigh.
SS Camomons: Sylveon. vs MetaRiolu7 - Seeing geerat not in aaa makes me sad but ig my mental health isn't important enough for geerat to care. Even if he is part of the troublesome threesome of OMs I'm bolding MetalSnake7 bc geerat is a bad friend.
SS Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Andyboy - multi amalgamation has amalgamated one too many times and this joke isn't funny anymore so I dont wanna bold him. Luckily for him it's no secret that I fucking hate this andyboy character. This guy went for 23k more than he's worth and is even labeled the assman of this team? I bet he did legit ZERO of the work prepping for this draft. SBPC i'm sorry you're not familiar enough with the community to know that this guy is even bad at club penguin mini games, why would he be able to play a game as high iq as pocket monsters??
SS NFE: 85percent vs uhuhuhu7 - uhuhuhuhuhuhuhu was on my zupl team I think and was like the most helpful guy there, I think, I don't remember tbh. But idk who this 85 guy is so uhuhuhu easily.
SS STABmons: Zesty43 vs Terracotta - I'm straight but... these're two of the hottest individuals on this website and I hope they play this game in a zoom call with everybody.

The Malevolent Misdreavuses (Chazm, Euphonos) - [5][1] - The Money Magearnas (Funbot28, GL Volkner)

SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs Dragonillis - let's be honest rozes is trash, however my friendship with rozes dates back to omwc where we got our ass beat and I somehow convinced rozes that I'm worth a slot on his nupl team because I was able to go 1-2 in esteemed omwc. Anyways I will bold rozes bc GO FRIENDS (my uupl team in which he is on), also ive never seen this dragon guy in my life while rozes is part of the big aaa 6
SS Balanced Hackmons: Tack :] vs GL Volkner - Volty yet again goes for like 12k more than he's worth while I've heard good things about tack's bh prowess. Flint stepped down so volty is probably too busy crying himself to sleep > prepping so tack should slaughter.
SS Camomons: Euphonos vs Matiss98 - Although clarion has quit mons and come back more than I can count, it seems he has finally found his niche within the smogon community as the CAMOMONS METEOROLOGIST. Ive never seen someone love a meta more than clarion does camomons, it's insane. My UU Iron Chef boss is finishing x-0.
SS Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Fardin - 3k fardin is hilarious but idt it's hilarious enough to overcome chazm. Although on second thought gen8mnm doesn't have magearna (chazm's waifu) so he's probably much less powerful compared to last gen.
SS NFE: DurzaOffTopic vs Crystalites - idk who this crystal guy is but durza has been disrespected in all these mocks for too long, its time to stan durza
SS STABmons: w0rd vs Funbot28 - Funbot knows this meta much better but like who really fuckin cares when w0rd's brain is as big as it is. Funbot has probably been neglecting her duties as stab leader and playing gen3.5qu instead anwyays. w0rd literally showed up and the whole planet exploded last year, then there were a few people that were like "nah people fuckin sucked back when w0rd was successful hes not that good" then he murdered everybody in everything. Unless funbot can seduce w0rd into throwing mid game I think w0rd will win.

The Klink Shamers (Chloe, Pigeons) - [3][3] - The Temper Tyrantrums (OM, drampa's grandpa)

SS Almost Any Ability: Quantum Tesseract vs Racool - QT is a good guy I think but Racool is another member of the aaa big 6 and I don't see her having a negative record anytime soon. Even without gen8aaa knowledge im p sure racool will somehow still bring blacephalon and still win.
SS Balanced Hackmons: a loser vs Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request) - idk if a loser still rates but a loser is p much the only om user that's stepped foot into the rmt subforum in the past 3 years so I feel obliged to stan him. The h3h3 boi alliance has gotta be one of my least favorite things in the history of smogon as well so this is easy.
SS Camomons: DugZa vs Mark K - DugZa was on my ltpl team and Mark K was my manager last year so this is pretty tough. I think Mark had a lot of faith in me last year and was generally a good manager even tho I was v unproven and random in the om community so I will bold his name, even if our team was the equivalent of horse diarrhea
SS Mix and Mega: Pigeons vs Skysolo - Skysolo is rlly good at ubers metagames, if he preps for stall he will be fine I think. Definitely not counting Chris Anderson out tho that guy's a beast.
SS NFE: TonyFlygon vs Ho3nConfirm3d - Tony is the only notable tour figure in this tour that's slotted in NFE which is pretty crazy, I think he'll slaughter everyone, how hard can nfe be. Also very surprised to not see NFE EviGaro in this tour.
SS STABmons: Betathunder vs Plas - This is a pretty neat mu, beta has played one game of gen8 total and im 90% sure it's the hackmons cup game we played like 2 days ago. So maybe plas has the advantage but betathunder follows me on instagram so im bolding him.

Very piquant as expected

berry

what kind
is a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
predictions are overrated, here's my highlight matches of the week

SS Balanced Hackmons: Sugarhigh vs MAMP
Two pretty old OM greats facing off in the newest installation of balanced hackmons. Both of these guys had decent OMPL 7 runs, both going 4-3, but sugarhigh pushed the usum bh meta past where anyone thought it would be through shed spam, zygambit, and gengar, so I'll be interested to see what he brings to the table now. MAMP has been praised as one of the most consistent BH playersand he holds the record for the most OMPL games of all time, so he's definitely not lacking in experience. Gonna be an interesting match to watch.

SS Mix and Mega: MultiAmmiratore vs Andyboy
Two of the most hyped up OMPL players this season. Andy just came off being the most expensive player in the draft, and there's a ton of pressure for him to perform well vs Multi, who had a decent run in OMGS. This isn't Multi's OMPL debut, since a couple seasons ago he had a pretty disappointing 1-4 run, but people say he's improved a lot. Multi has a lot to prove, and he needs to show doubters (like me!) that he's worth the 20.5k that the parasects paid for him. Overall, a 43.5k matchup, the most expensive we're going to see all season unless andy fights geerat for some reason lol.

SS Balanced Hackmons: PinkDragonTamer vs highlighter
Right off the bat, PDT made a name for himself by 6-0ing MAMP pretty early in the last OMPL season. After that, he was definitely one of the most exciting BH players to watch, and the same holds true for this season. Now he has to prove himself vs another OM great, highlighter. HL also has a lot on the line, as he needs to shake off rust and prove he wasn't a waste of the first overall nom.

SS Almost Any Ability: rozes vs Dragonillis
Rozes had nothing short of an amazing OMPL run with the krows last season, so it'll be interesting to see if he can keep it up with a matchup vs one of the most hyped up rookies, Dragonillis. Drago himself has a ton to prove and he's placed vs someone who's part of the prestigious 10+ wins in OMPL club. Can Dragonillis prove that his OM skills extend past daily tours?

SS Mix and Mega: Chazm vs Fardin
It's undisputable that Chazm had one of the best OMPL seasons of all time with the klinks. Through a series of tiebreaks and "sure"s, he was able to secure an incredible 8-2 , beating Laxpras' record for most wins in one single OMPL. If Chazm can bring that incredible momentum into OMPL 8 he's a force to be reckoned with. Fardin, on the other hand, has taken a back seat over the last couple OMPLs, but if Chazm doesn't prepare himself (and there's a good chance he won't prep as well as he wants to because of his managerial position) I think Fardin can topple Chazm's record.

SS Balanced Hackmons: a loser vs i'm not typing this guy's full name out
Loser takes the prestigious spot of the most expensive BH main this OMPL, beating out volk, sl42, hl, and mamp by a pretty small margin. However, he has a lot to prove, and being at the top comes hand in hand with a ton of pressure. sl42 on the other hand, is one of the most interesting BH players of all time. As far as I know he hasn't been as active in gen 8 as he was in gen 7, but he's nothing short of a force to be reckoned with.

BH Predicts:
MAMP vs sugarhigh
One has played hundreds of game this gen and has good results in BH Open, is on the council, and is part of the QC team. The other one has not (?) played gen 8. Even with DF-Shock support for sugarhigh I believe MAMP is just so much more familiar and experienced with the meta that she will be able to win this.

PDT vs highlighter
Both players have hardly played gen 8. PDT has just beat Tack in ssnl and highlighter has been grinding some gen 8 recently. PDT obviously has :xavgb: support but my guess is hl probably also has help from someone like uh volk? Definitely a close match but hl has overall stronger playing ability imo.

Tack :] vs GL Volkner
Both are active players in SS BH and have strong team support (skylake and dimrah) but with what is in my opinion the other strongest BH core Volk should prove his 16k tag. Free dimrah starting btw.

a loser vs Gurpreet Patel (sent you a friend request)
This is the highlight BH game of this round. Both very active and strong players. It's also a BO3 so come watch this.

Ren

fuck it if i cant have him
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
how many servers did this guy link his winpost in to get 30 likes on a winpost in the ompl w1 thread LOL

rozes you rat bastard

SS Almost Any Ability: Sabella vs Thinkerino - Ik this thinkerino guy as aaa council and sab def hasnt played aaa this gen yet. Regardless gen8aaa still does have snorlax near the top of the vr so chances are high that sab's significantly higher skill floor and ceiling will get him the dub here, even if he brings some absolute jank bc his "aaa support" hasnt played gen 8 either. Theyre both goats tho.

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)