OMPL XI - Commencement

Status
Not open for further replies.

drampa's grandpa

benign auto-cannibal
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Ranking teams by names -
7 - :virizion: W VIRIZZIONS - They didn't even spell the mons name right wtf.
6 - :gholdengo: Gods as Ghold - They tried to pun but Gods as Ghold doesn't mean anything really. Actively bothers me tbh.
5 - :wigglytuff: Wiggly Family - Your family should not be Wiggly. Ask a doctor to see if Scream Tail is right for you. I like long-standing teams in OMPL ^_^
4 - :solgaleo: Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos - An acceptable name, but SSSSS is Marshadow's move not Solgaleo's :o
3 - :flutter_mane: Fluttermania - I'm picturing Flutter Mane dressed like Kukui's wrestling alter ego. Fun name, but not absolutely brilliant.
2 - :necrozma-ultra: Photon Geezers - A pun, which is the best name type besides the my team type. It's a good one too tbh, and I like old people jokes because I'm old.
1 - :dubwool: Dubwool Entendres - Got a pun that means double meaning hahahaha classic.
0 - :tyranitar: The Terrible Tyrants - Best team best name WE GONNA CRUNCH Y'ALL!

keys

It's Prime Time
is a Forum Moderatoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Dave as a manager only:

All 16 managers chosen for OMPL as both players and managers: -

This is like Bill Belichick deciding to coach a high school football team and being told he’s not qualified enough in favour of one of the students’ dads…

xavgb

:xavgb:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Former Other Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Ok hello hi as I said in the signup post I have not played OMs since last OMPL. This tournament is now my yearly involvement in OMs going forward (probably). This means I have no fucking idea what's happening because gen 9 is an awful gen and introduced a million fuckshit mechanics. I cannot magically support every slot like I was trying to do for 2.5 years. I cannot even guarantee that I will take an interest in anything happening outside of my own slot, since the last time I was only a player here was 4 years ago. I also cannot guarantee that I will be really good at all of the metas like in Gen 8/7 as this is the most mechanically rich (shit) gen I have ever seen. With this in mind I have put my signup as MnM/all because I feel that MnM is the meta in which I am least likely to forget basic stuff in (there's also NFE I guess, I am assuming starting in NFE is incompatible with whatever my price ends up being). Maybe I can branch out into other metas as well, if you want me to do that I'd recommend talking to me first. If you want me to give vacuous opinions on your draft plan because you're expecting to draft me, you can pm me. I can tell you who I thought was good last year, that's about it - I have not watched any of the recent tours so I can't speak to their proficiency in gen 9 OMs. Also my general mons activity is lower this year than most of you will be used to, and that activity now includes time spent in OU, so keep that in mind I guess - I doubt said activity will be low enough to cause any real problems, just means I won't be looking to carry any team for various reasons mentioned here.

Thank you for reading byeeeee

Kennedy

up the reds
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus

Kennedy and Jurgen Klopp as managers only:
Bundesliga: 2010–11, 2011–12
DFB-Pokal: 2011–12
Premier League: 2019–20
FA Cup: 2021–22
Football League Cup/EFL Cup: 2021–22
UEFA Champions League: 2018–19
The Best FIFA Men's Coach: 2019, 2020

All 16 managers chosen for OMPL as both players and manager:
-

I AM OUTRAGED AT THIS INJUSTICE!!! Repent or I will bring a swarm of locusts to your "other" metagames

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
MOCC 1: ONE OF THE MOCCS OF ALL TIME
1683577517318.png

1683577116860.png
1683576679602.png
1683577235274.png
1683576403170.png
1683576036957.png
1683577431517.png
1683575702301.png
1683576848770.png
1683577159546.png

1683577178812.png

1683577356303.png
Our draft (me and ponch were drafting for solgaleos):
AG - fc
BH - quojova / Tanny89k
AAA - Tranquility
NFE - sundays.n_sundaes / Mr.Bossaru
STAB - DugZa
MnM - Icemaster / Ballfire
2v2 - DerpyBoi
GG - Lily / Spellcaster

e: forgot gholds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)