Not open for further replies.

Clas

pixibursting
is a Tiering Contributor
MOCC 1: ONE OF THE MOCCS OF ALL TIME
View attachment 514868
:flutter-mane:Fluttermania:flutter-mane:
Players (Support)

MZ, The Dragon Master (BlackKnight_Gawain, RoFnA, Les2BG, Takatk, BrainDamageHaver)
Career Ended, BrainDamageHaver
Clas, Career Ended (Lepton, BlackKnight_Gawain, Arcanine1929)
RoFnA (BlackKnight_Gawain, BrainDamageHaver, The Dragon Master)
Les2BG, Mossy Sandwich (RoFnA, Clas, The Dragon Master)
Lepton
Arcanine1929, Clas (BlackKnight_Gawain)
Takatk (Arcanine1929)

Tea Guzzler

forever searching for a 10p freddo
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
MOCC 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO where is this phrase actually from? idk
1683653530379.png

1683652641877.png
1683651613085.png
1683653176656.png
1683653320922.png
1683653277930.png
1683652422678.png
1683652791714.png
1683653503413.png
1683653343440.png

1683653360573.png

1683653480659.png

Geezers draft:

AG - Frozoid
BH - Tea Guzzler / willdbeast
AAA - Osake / Tranquility
NFE - lepton
STAB - PandaDoux
MnM - DerpyBoi / Eggs
2v2 - Krytocon / bored_glitch
GG - Instruct / Spellcaster

2v2 abriel
AAA Onyx Onix 7
AG BlackKnight_Gawain
BH Tuthur
GG RobDog747
MnM Bread Sandwich
NFE Heracross2.0
STAB Hugo

Subs: Meta, DugZa, Sylvi, TTTech, tier

[Tier Player (Support)] -> in case you think 2v2 is playing the Hugo tier

2v2 Hugo (RobDog747)
AAA Sylvi (beauts + Heracross2.0)
AG tier (Bread Sandwich)
BH TTTech (Onyx Onix 7)
GG Meta (beauts + Greybaum)
MnM abriel (beauts)
NFE Tuthur (beauts + Greybaum)
STAB DugZa (BlackKnight_Gawain + Greybaum)

MOCC 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO where is this phrase actually from? idk
View attachment 515003

Geezers draft:

AG - Frozoid
AAA - Osake / Tranquility
NFE - lepton
STAB - PandaDoux
MnM - DerpyBoi / Eggs
2v2 - Krytocon / bored_glitch
GG - Instruct / Spellcaster
speaking of, has someone made an OMPL XI bingo sheet yet?

also can someone pass the OMPL X bingo for refernece

Tea Guzzler

is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
MOCC 3: THE MOCCENING
1683675093181.png

*because sevag is a noob clem showed up as 19k when they were supposed to be 10k
1683674704334.png
1683673833757.png
1683673678694.png
1683674972668.png
1683673738378.png
1683674948849.png
1683674545392.png
1683674905621.png
1683675011330.png

1683675041011.png

1683675057554.png

Geezers draft:
AG - Inder / tier
AAA - Ivar57 / Codename C.A.T
NFE - lepton / pichus
STAB - Kaif
MnM - Icemaster
2v2 - RoyalReloaded
GG - Frixel

drampa's grandpa

benign auto-cannibal
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
xavgb - mnm
polt - ag
Tuthur - nfe
pannu - stab
Hugo - 2v2
Chessking345 - bh
damflame 3 - idr what i bought u for ngl
LordBox - AAA
Instruct - GG
OM - Best Cheerleader and 2v2 support ever. May forget what the team is called.
Don Vascus - AAA

Feel like I got a good draft. Stresh in MnM is obviously amazing no matter what he says about being washed. I don't see any hugely weak spots, although there's definitely a lack of support going around.
Realized I definitely need to do more research on AG and 2v2 players.
Dragonillis did a really good job upbidding and saving their money except when it came to French players, where they lost all sense, and that one time they bid 60k.

Tea Guzzler

MOCC 4: A MOCCERY OF THE SITUATION
1683745651473.png

1683745509653.png
1683744537944.png
1683744260762.png
1683745523485.png
1683745112432.png
1683745491823.png
1683745472748.png
1683745539049.png
1683745571844.png

1683745597309.png

1683745613048.png

Geezers draft:
AG - Inder
BH - Tea Guzzler
AAA - Tranquility
NFE - Blinkboy
STAB - DugZa / Lasen
MnM - Clas / damflame 3
2v2 - Hugo / sundays.n_sundaes / Vertigo
GG - ponchlake / Instruct

Clas

pixibursting
is a Tiering Contributor
:flutter-mane:Player (Support):flutter-mane:

AAA: Abriel (RoFnA)
BH: augustakira (Fluore)
MnM: xavgb, Abriel (Fluore, kDCA, zastra)
STAB: RoFnA (Abriel, PandaDoux)
GG: Fluore (RoFnA)
NFE: PandaDoux, zastra (Abriel, Fogbound Lake)
2v2: Arcanine1929 (Fluore)
AG: Fogbound Lake (Ainzcrad)

Last edited:
Hey first PR
Chessking's BH Player Rankings
This is a list of players that I actually kind of know (hopefully I didn't miss anyone) that I think can be drafted as either Starter(s) (mostly bolded) or support. I haven't been the most active on ladder or for performance and stuff in mid-late gen8 so keep that in mind as I may miss some players. I've also attached the real average mocc prices up to mocc 4.

A
augustakira - 7625 (Council, Open Top 8, No-Tera Tour Finalist)
Akira at this price is an absolute steal. While this would be his first OMPL, he is one of the best players in this pool. Akira is capable of making super solid teams while incorporating wild ideas that can greatly surprise opponents and achieve good results, something particularly appealing in a Bo1 format like OMPL. Akira also needs little support, and always has a secret support option that will always be available. Though a secondary BH option might still be desired to prevent him from going too crazy with some ideas.

amnael01/amnael1 -
While they haven't signed up yet, they are by far the most active BH player this gen. They have a weakness of only using one suboptimal team and making minor tweaks ever so often, but they make very consistently good plays.

B
Baleblaze - 1750
Ladders occasionally with some solid teams and plays so can be useful for testing. From the signup it looks like they can also do some other metas too.

BrainDamageHaver - 1625
Beat Dragonillis in R1 of BH Open so must mean something.

C
Career Ended - 12125
Not sure how interested Career is in actually playing BH but can probably support fine. Last BH appearance seems to be in the Ghosting tour where they won.

Chessking345 - 5875 (Council, Open SemiFinalist)
Who is this guy does he even play.

cityscapes - 13000* (only one mocc)
City is a very strong player that needs no further introduction, but will need some time to catch up with the meta and stuff. However, there are lots of cheap BH support options that actively play the meta so this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Codename C.A.T - 2250
Plays BH occasionally and can probably provide a good degree of support and testing there. Also appears to be more invested into AAA so can probably also support that slot more too.

D
damflame 3 - 6500
French BH player (so can probably get good help from fellow French players) that's quite consistent. Can also slot into/help with the MnM slot too it looks like.

G
Gravity72307 -
Gravity is a frequent ladderer using funny sets. Their teams/sets might be on the more dubious sides but they make up this with good plays. Can be a great support position.

Greybaum - 6750
Despite being almost certainly not being slotted into BH and rather something like NFE instead, Greybaum has the potential to play in the BH slot if needed. What is interesting is that they have only been drafted twice out of the 4 moccs, going for 13.5k each.

L
lemonstre1 - 875
French BH player, made BH Open R3 before getting knocked out by QT.

Leru - 5750
Not super familiar but has played BH way back (gen7?) with results. However they do claim to need a builder which are not easy to come by for the BH pool esp when a lot of the players who build have very distinctive build styles and choices.

LuciShrimp -
Luci is another frequent ladderer that builds a lot of teams regularly, so they would be a great option to test teams with as a support.

N
Nihilslave - 6000* (only one mocc)
Nihi has really strong performance in the past but afaik hasn't played this gen since kick off tour and also did specify a support option. That being said they would obviously be a very strong support option and can probably sub in a game or two if the starter is busy.

O
Onyx Onix 7 - 5125
Onyx at this price is also an absolute steal. Onyx is by far the most unpredictable and terrifying opponent to face in the pool, as they have the ability to build strong teams in every archetype ranging from stall to hyper offense, while using powerful gimmicks that are wildly useful in a Bo1 setting, making it near impossible to prep for. Due to their unique build styles, Onyx doesn't really need any support, making the best support ways to hype them up, as their only issue seems to be thinking that they are the worst player ever. Can also be a really powerful secondary starter and support for certain players that would match their style.

P
PandaDoux - 12875 (Open Finalist)
Panda is a capable player across almost all tiers and can definitely be slotted into BH, but I'm not sure how much they would want that. They are also the BH Open Finalist, losing narrowly to TTTech, though I believe they didn't end up building teams for that.

pannu - 11250

pdt - 9375
pdt is always a very skilled player/pilot, but also seems to require a builder or at the minimum active support players, which as mentioned before is hard to come by.

Q
Quantum Tesseract - 13500 (Open SemiFinalist)
I have no clue how QT has been going for consistent 13500 across moccs but it is an absolute steal. Can easily start and be self sufficient in the BH slot while supporting other slots, or just start in another slot and support a BH starter.

quojova - 19625 (Council Leader)
One of the most consistent players, quojova builds very consistent and solid teams and is a great player too. While their structures has some common ideas, it is not easy to exploit them even in prep. Only drawback is the massive price tag, which currently looks like a potential overpay with how much some other starter-level players are going for.

T
Tanny89k - 3500 (No-Tera Tour Finalist)
Frequent ladderer with solid teams that also plays AAA too. Also has active BH tours participation and experience with solid performance in every tour so far. Can actually be a secondary starter option.

Tea Guzzler - 13500 (Council Co-Leader, No-Tera Tour Winner)
The most involved BH player and needs little introduction. Very consistent and strong player, though has some teambuilding tendencies that may or may not be exploitable (or be used by Tea as a bait?). Amazingly, Tea has also been very consistent in his prices, going for 13.5k every mocc.

TTTech - 14875 (Council, Open Winner)
One of the most consistent players, while he is known for his fat, stallish builds, as well as signature use of the unmon :giratina:, TTTech is more than capable of making more aggressive teams. Winning BH Open against strong opponents like QT and PD is an impressive feat too. Also is in OMGS playoffs so might be able to do some testing for other tiers too. Price tag is the 2nd most expensive BH main that seems to be going up, so do keep that in mind.

tzaur - 2250
Regular presence in the BH channel, and a regular ladderer too. They are quite knowledgeable of the meta and has solid teams and plays too, making them a great support option. Also can help with the AAA slot too.

W
willdbeast - 5625 (Previous Gens Council)
I'm not sure if will actually intends to play/support but will usually has crazy ideas that can definitely work well in this meta. Plus they are a strong player, albeit I'm not sure the last time they played a BH meta.

X
xavgb - 24000
I'm pretty sure stresh would want to play in MnM but he should be able to do fine in BH too. Will likely need someone to catch him up similar to city but apart from that its stresh.

XxLazzerpenguinxX - 11500 (Ex Council)
Sevag seems to have regained activity in playing and is always a strong candidate. Might need some support that also can make sure he doesn't go too crazy with some teams.

Last edited:

Tea Guzzler

been putting this off for too long, don't care that chess just did his cry abt it

OMPL XI BH Power Rankings

(note this is my personal opinion but goes based off of evidence from tours / meta presence / percieved skill / etc)
(also * = managing = can't be drafted)
:golurk: quojova :golurk:
Most likely the best player in the pool. Easily the most consistent player, brings really solid teams, doesn't need much (or any) support. Be prepared to foot the bill for him though; most expensive BH slot by a long stretch.
:finizen: QT :finizen: *
QT is very much similar to quojova; consistent, self-sufficient player that builds solid teams. The main reason they're ranked here is that it's unclear if they'll actually be playing BH (even considering they're almost definitely self-buying), and as far as I can tell, there's less deviation from bog-standard balance, which leaves a wider window open for matchup inconsistencies.

:brute bonnet: Akira :brute bonnet:
Akira (or augustakira; get a badge and change your name smh) isn't known to too many people but has been around since gen 7 and builds innovative & effective structures. Many of their teams focus on anti-meta offensive threats that can tear through teams lacking specific defensive options, and are piloted to a very good degree. Would recommend pairing him with some support though, as sometimes his builds can be a bit wild and random (i've seen Choice Specs + Rapid Spin Iron Bundle or Torch Song Arceus-Ghost for instance).

:registeel: TTTech :registeel:
BH Open winner, resident unmon user. TTTech's builds are consistent and piloted well, and he generally doesn't need a ton of support to do well. His builds also excel at suffocating weakened teams late-game, particularly with Tera threats, and carry answers for almost every feasible option the opponent can bring. Probably the most important help you can give is to tell him to stop using mono-Mortal Spin for hazard removal.

:kyogre-primal: Chessking :kyogre-primal:
Chessking is a good, self-sufficient pickup and is adept at exploiting weaknesses in team structures with creative techs. He pilots teams well and knows how to build to navigate around counterplay options. To be completely honest, I haven't really seen enough of his builds because AFAIK he doesn't build a whole lot, so you'd need to bear that in mind. He also makes some questionable choices sometimes, like Freeze-Dry Kyogre and Improofing via Rocky Helmet (with no other option), so support is recommended.
:lunala: cityscapes :lunala:
city's pretty self-explanatory if you've been around for a while but she was the best SS BH player and is now back. She absolutely has the skills to succeed but will likely need building support as this isn't a familiar meta. You also need to tell her to stop using Zap Cannon because there is a Ground-type on every single team.

:bonsly: xavgb (stresh) :bonsly:
Very similar to the above, great player that is unfamiliar with the meta and so will likely need support. Their signup has "all" but this is second to MnM, so it isn't guaranteed they'll be in BH either.

:solgaleo: Ivar57 :solgaleo:
Ivar57 is a very talented player, winning OM circuit last year and the AAA money tour just recently, but as far as I can tell he haven't been interested in or played BH since the ghosting tour nearer the start of the gen (and BH isn't listed in his signup). He could probably sub in if an emergency happened but would likely need building support + you're buying him for AAA anyway so be prepared to pay a lot.

:iron bundle: Sevag :iron bundle:
Sevag has played a decent amount of BH this gen and obviously has a wealth of experience but has largely stopped since he stepped down from council. It remains to be seen how they pick up the tier again, similar to the above two.

:duskull: Onyx Onix 7 :duskull:
Onyx is terrifying to play against as their builds are about as far from standard as you could get. Many of their teams rely on surprise factor to win games with strats like Prankster + Destiny Bond, Perish trapping, and Normalize + Entrainment trapping. It should be a given that consistency isn't the main goal here, so drafting him as the main show is risky.
:nihilego: Nihilslave :nihilego:
Nihil has a decent amount of experience this gen and is a very capable builder, although they've stated in their signup that they only want to support and wouldn't be a starter. Could pair very well with another player like TTTech or quojova.

:sprigatito: Codename C.A.T :sprigatito:
CAT has played a decent amount of BH earlier in the gen but as far as I know they stopped not long before the Zacian-C ban. I think they'd be a useful support option if they can get up to scratch.

:unown-question: pannu, Tanny89k, LuciShrimp, damflame 3, tzaur, pdt, career ended :unown-question:
These are players that I know have had reasonable BH success but i'm not sure on their current status with the tier. Buying these players in combination with others or testing their experience with the current meta is recommended. pdt has the largest record but also hasn't played a single game of SV. pannu is also unlikely to play BH unless they have to.

:tauros: willdbeast :tauros:
1683759461438.png

resident funnyman, draft at all costs (despite his 0 gen 9 experience)
:polteageist: Tea Guzzler :polteageist: *
I will definitely be self-buying. Looking forward to competing as the pool here looks to be very competitive, and on top of that, we don't need to be overly concerned with a HOME drop (leaving more room for "stable" innovation). I'm generally the person bringing offensive structures that can apply heavy pressure to walls and leave enough room to outplay disadvantage states, and a set 1 double crit hopefully can't keep me down like it did in Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)