Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Wait wait wait hold on

If this applies to every pokemon, including mythicals, then does this not also include Meltan? The pokemon literally only obtainable through Go? So if you ever wanted that Pokemon you HAVE to either:
-get it from someone who already has it, which outside of hacks means they had to themselves....
-get Let's Go, put the Meltan in THERE, THEN transfer THAT to Home to SWSH

And the only reason Melmetal gets around this for most people will be you get a free G-Max Melmetal through Home
OK so I posted thsi the other day and I would actually like confirmation about Meltan specifically. Especially because iirc, the transfer process will eventually give Go a meltan box to open and spawn a bunch of meltan like in Let's Go. Melmetal will get around this just because Home itself will give you a Melmetal for transfer, which is why I'm only asking about Meltan.

I am curious if it applies to the other Go mythics as well but those sound like one offs and I'd rather not ask someone to risk stranding their mythics in pokemon jail.

OK so I posted thsi the other day and I would actually like confirmation about Meltan specifically. Especially because iirc, the transfer process will eventually give Go a meltan box to open and spawn a bunch of meltan like in Let's Go. Melmetal will get around this just because Home itself will give you a Melmetal for transfer, which is why I'm only asking about Meltan.

I am curious if it applies to the other Go mythics as well but those sound like one offs and I'd rather not ask someone to risk stranding their mythics in pokemon jail.
I transferred a Meltan from GO -> HOME just to test this, and... then I realized I can't remember if I had previously sent a Meltan over that was transferred through LPGE. The Meltan does have the GO icon and it transferred over fine, but it could be that I already sent one over to SWSH so this test is inconclusive. :(

For the second question, in this video Austin John mentions how Reversal tried to send Victini to SWSH from GO and it was blocked, so he had to trade with AJ to get a Victini in game before he could move his GO Victini over.

I transferred a Meltan from GO -> HOME just to test this, and... then I realized I can't remember if I had previously sent a Meltan over that was transferred through LPGE. The Meltan does have the GO icon and it transferred over fine, but it could be that I already sent one over to SWSH so this test is inconclusive. :(

For the second question, in this video Austin John mentions how Reversal tried to send Victini to SWSH from GO and it was blocked, so he had to trade with AJ to get a Victini in game before he could move his GO Victini over.
I was able to sucessfully transfer a Meltan from GO without the save file having record of it. It seems as if any Meltan can be sent from GO.

Don't know about any of the other mythicals though.

So, since it was far quicker to get one than I expected I can now conclusively state that.....

Meltan is an exception

I have never interacted with a Meltan in SWSH before. Never battled one, traded one, never had a Melmetal either before today. But here I was able to put it in the box and save.
So while this whole system of not letting you put pokemon from go into SWSH unless you've already owned one is stupid, they at least had the foresight for Meltan

In BW2 hidden grottoes, if I don't catch a Pokémon inmediatly and keep walking outside, will it eventually disappear and be replaced by something else? Just found a male Poliwhirl but don't feel like soft reseting rn for good nature/IV's, would rather prefer to finish the post-game first

Light Sanctity

The Usurper
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
In BW2 hidden grottoes, if I don't catch a Pokémon inmediatly and keep walking outside, will it eventually disappear and be replaced by something else? Just found a male Poliwhirl but don't feel like soft reseting rn for good nature/IV's, would rather prefer to finish the post-game first
From what I see online. Unless you KO (or catch) the Pokémon. It will remain there. So you should be okay to continue on and come back later!

Does anyone know of a reliable source that clarifies whether the shiny charm applies to Regigigas in the CT den? I've seen at least 1 streamer seem to be under the impression that it has shiny charm odds, despite them not having found gotten the shiny within 4000 attempts, so I suspect charm doesn't apply rather than them just having atrocious luck, but I couldn't find a source that explicitly states this.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Did the glitch that made Square Sparkle Shinies from random encounters ~4095 in 4096 instead of 1 in 16 ever get fixed? Unrelated question, what's a good name for a Shiny Dunsparce? :P

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Does anyone know of a reliable source that clarifies whether the shiny charm applies to Regigigas in the CT den? I've seen at least 1 streamer seem to be under the impression that it has shiny charm odds, despite them not having found gotten the shiny within 4000 attempts, so I suspect charm doesn't apply rather than them just having atrocious luck, but I couldn't find a source that explicitly states this.
According to this, no.

Dynamax Adventure though is affected by the Shiny Charm making the already low 1/300 chance to a 1/100 chance!

Did the glitch that made Square Sparkle Shinies from random encounters ~4095 in 4096 instead of 1 in 16 ever get fixed? Unrelated question, what's a good name for a Shiny Dunsparce? :P
Serebii's patch notes don't say so. Now each one does say "various bug fixes", but these are likely small bugs very few noticed. The Shiny flip-flop is a "major" glitch so I would think if that was fixed it was specifically be mentioned. So I'm going to say no, it has not been fixed.

Nickname for a Shiny Dunsparce, hmm. How about about Luxspark?
"Lux" for "light" making it sort of an opposite of "dun" which means "dark/gloomy". And another term for light is "bright", which itself has the meaning of being smart which is the opposite of the other word the "dun" comes from: "dunce". Also Lux sound like "luck" which references how finding a Shiny usually involved luck.
"Spark" because, as a Shiny, it sparkles.

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
According to this, no.

Dynamax Adventure though is affected by the Shiny Charm making the already low 1/300 chance to a 1/100 chance!
Regigigas does not behave like a regular Raid Den. It is pretty much the equivalent of a static encounter (provided you meet the requirements). While I'm not 100% sure, I'm pretty sure the Shiny Charm affects it - maybe some of the dataminers can shed light on this.

How does everything after Eternatus (Kubfu, Zarude, CT stuff) contribute to the National Pokédex requirement in HOME, if at all?

How does everything after Eternatus (Kubfu, Zarude, CT stuff) contribute to the National Pokédex requirement in HOME, if at all?
Zarude doesn't, at least. I can't confirm from how I did it (where I had all the new pokemon before i got meltan), but I imagine the dex only checks from bulbasaur to eternatus, mythics included. But was never updated with Kubfu on.

I assume it's intentional so that every single game that comes out you're not further and further away from getting the Magearna.

This might not be a simple question, but *shrug* I'll try here first anyway

I'm trying to compile a list of all moves that all Pokémon learn in Sword/Shield, other than what's already listed in the primary data dump file. Off the top of my head I know this includes the base game Move Tutor moves, the various exclusive G-Max moves, the form change moves for Rotom/Kyurem/Necrozma/Calyrex, Draco Meteor for Arceus-Dragon... Grass Pledge for any Silvally... Is there any weird junk I'm forgetting?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
This might not be a simple question, but *shrug* I'll try here first anyway

I'm trying to compile a list of all moves that all Pokémon learn in Sword/Shield, other than what's already listed in the primary data dump file. Off the top of my head I know this includes the base game Move Tutor moves, the various exclusive G-Max moves, the form change moves for Rotom/Kyurem/Necrozma/Calyrex, Draco Meteor for Arceus-Dragon... Grass Pledge for any Silvally... Is there any weird junk I'm forgetting?
May I ask why? Serebii (and maybe Bulbapedia) should have a full list.

Quick Question is Seismic Toss (which is calculated by level) still affected by the Attack stat (Base stat + modifiers (IVS, EVS etc)?
Just asking for a Calm natured Registeel, for going a 0 Attack IV or not which Requires Seismic Toss.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Quick Question is Seismic Toss (which is calculated by level) still affected by the Attack stat (Base stat + modifiers (IVS, EVS etc)?
Just asking for a Calm natured Registeel, for going a 0 Attack IV or not which Requires Seismic Toss.
No, it inflicts direct damage equal to the user's level.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Okay thank you but I just found out...that Seismic Toss is Illegal on A Registeel in Ranked Battles. If only there were a replacement move. Seismic Toss is a Transfer only move.
Um, let's see... Well it gets Body Press, that's always a plus on a Pokemon with 150 base Defense. Pair it with Iron Defense.

Thank you good suggestion. If only there was good replacement for Knock Off for Pokémon like Innceroar. Well cannot have anything.
Darkest Lariat is fine as dark stab for Incineroar.
VGC is pretty fast paced either ways and there's very few cases where you'd manage to use Knock Off, plus Dark Stab is relatively poor due to lack of things to hit supereffectively (outside of Spectrier, ghosts/psychics are rare) and one of those (Metagross) runs Weakness Policy so you'd just trigger it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)