Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Darkest Lariat is fine as dark stab for Incineroar.
VGC is pretty fast paced either ways and there's very few cases where you'd manage to use Knock Off, plus Dark Stab is relatively poor due to lack of things to hit supereffectively (outside of Spectrier, ghosts/psychics are rare) and one of those (Metagross) runs Weakness Policy so you'd just trigger it.
Huh, nice to know.

Does using the Zarude code require that you are able to catch Lv. 60+ Pokemon in game before you get it? Or are you able to use it regardless of that (not that I'm gonna use it on my in-game team anyways)

Speaking of the zarude codes, is there anyone else whose signed up for the newsletter but not recieved one

and also, do we know the time limit on those codes

I have had problems with the promotional emails for years, just going months at a time without ever getting one and I know they're turned on. If I don't get the Zarude code I need to know when to start bugging them.

Speaking of the zarude codes, is there anyone else whose signed up for the newsletter but not recieved one

and also, do we know the time limit on those codes

I have had problems with the promotional emails for years, just going months at a time without ever getting one and I know they're turned on. If I don't get the Zarude code I need to know when to start bugging them.
Well, I signed for the Newsletter but didn't get it. Then again, it's just December the 2nd so I doubt they even began the distribution.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well, I signed for the Newsletter but didn't get it. Then again, it's just December the 2nd so I doubt they even began the distribution.
Yeah, neither Serebii nor Bulbapedia has reported the Zarude codes are being sent out. Not sure why people are talking about it.

Trying to evolve an Eevee from Emerald to Umbreon in Pokemon XD. I haven't evolve the Eevee from XD so I thought I can use the shard to evolve the one I traded from Emerald.
For some reason, even with the Lucky Egg it doesn't seem to gain enough happiness to evolve. Is the Moon Shard exclusive for the Eevee you receive?
Sadly my Emerald's battery is dead so I can only get Espeon.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Trying to evolve an Eevee from Emerald to Umbreon in Pokemon XD. I haven't evolve the Eevee from XD so I thought I can use the shard to evolve the one I traded from Emerald.
For some reason, even with the Lucky Egg it doesn't seem to gain enough happiness to evolve. Is the Moon Shard exclusive for the Eevee you receive?
Sadly my Emerald's battery is dead so I can only get Espeon.
Lucky Egg doesn’t increase happiness, it increases experience. Soothe Bell increases happiness.

Moon Shard works on any Eevee but happiness is accrued slowly in XD. If I were you I’d trade back to Emerald, attach a Soothe Bell, and run around for a while. It’s the most efficient way if you don’t want to progress your game via battling.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Is Floette Eternal ever going to be released? wtf
It was obviously going to be either given in Z version or going to be an Event but they just had to rush the next gen out for the 20th Anniversary.

As for will it ever be released now... hard to say. Good news is that the Dex Entry it got in SUMO never mentions its connection to AZ so it could be handwaved one they hand out isn't AZ's but just another Floette that bonded with the Eternal Flower. "But the Eternal Flower doesn't grow anywhere" except, you know, at the base of the tree in Sootopolis which AZ planted. Which means AZ went around the world planting the Eternal Flower in certain locations so either the Dex lies or, since it's the Eternal Flower, it's technically true it "can no longer be found blooming anywhere" (from the Ultra Sun dex entry) but once grown it has a long live span as long as it's taken care of (or they could handwave the dex was referring to it blooming naturally, if you can resurrect Fossil Pokemon millions of years old resurrecting a flower species shouldn't be that hard).

If it's ever released I'm going to put money on it being from a side peripheral: either HOME or GO. Right now HOME has Original Color Magearna but if HOME is kept around for the next generation they may decide they need another incentive and Eternal Floette would be a pretty good one. Or GO can't forever rest on Meltan & Melmetal so may get permission to give out the Eternal Flower Floette. Heck GO just started getting the Kalos Pokemon so we'll see if that brings any interesting news (though for GO I can see them also more focusing on the special Vivillon patterns).

Lucky Egg doesn’t increase happiness, it increases experience. Soothe Bell increases happiness.

Moon Shard works on any Eevee but happiness is accrued slowly in XD. If I were you I’d trade back to Emerald, attach a Soothe Bell, and run around for a while. It’s the most efficient way if you don’t want to progress your game via battling.
weird, Eevee doesn't seem to evolve through friendship in XD even after:
- going through 100 battles in Mt Battle twice.
- giving it 99 joy scent
- giving it over 74 vivid scent
it jumped from lv50 to lv81 and I really question if any Eevee but your starter can evolve with the Moon Shard. I explicitly didn't evolve the starter Eevee to test this. This would be the only way for me to get a Wish Umbreon.
I gave it a Soothe Bell but not sure when, but even without it it should have reached the maximum friendship, should it not?

XD doesnt check the clock, so I don't think Eevee can evolve into Umbreon or Espeon the normal way. Just like FRLG. Probably why they made shards to evolve.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
weird, Eevee doesn't seem to evolve through friendship in XD even after:
- going through 100 battles in Mt Battle twice.
- giving it 99 joy scent
- giving it over 74 vivid scent
it jumped from lv50 to lv81 and I really question if any Eevee but your starter can evolve with the Moon Shard. I explicitly didn't evolve the starter Eevee to test this. This would be the only way for me to get a Wish Umbreon.
I gave it a Soothe Bell but not sure when, but even without it it should have reached the maximum friendship, should it not?
If other Eevee cannot evolve via the shards then you’ve discovered something new. I looked it up and everywhere says that any Eevee can use it, but that’s probably because no one has tried before.

Does the Attack IV affect the damage of Body Press? For example, if I am running Body Press on Skarmory, does it matter if my Attack IV stat is 31 or 0? Because Choice Band DOES change damage output, but Atk IV does not? So then it would be optimal to run Bold nature w/0 ATK IVs on a Body Press Skarm to minimize Foul Play and confusion damage?

Does the Attack IV affect the damage of Body Press? For example, if I am running Body Press on Skarmory, does it matter if my Attack IV stat is 31 or 0? Because Choice Band DOES change damage output, but Atk IV does not? So then it would be optimal to run Bold nature w/0 ATK IVs on a Body Press Skarm to minimize Foul Play and confusion damage?
Body Press works by taking your raw Defense, applying direct stat changes (probably not the most accurate term to use) like Iron Defense, and then temporarily replacing your Attack stat with that number. After that, it works like a normal physical attack.

IVs determine your raw stat, so Attack IVs have no effect on Body Press.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Will a Kantonian slowpoke mother have galarian or kantonian slowpoke babies in SWSH?
Bulbapedia provide the scenarios:
  • If the mother Slowpoke (or the Slowpoke parent if using a Ditto) isn't holding an Everstone, it'll be a Galarian Slowpoke.
  • If the mother Slowpoke (or the Slowpoke parent if using a Ditto) is holding an Everstone, it'll be a Kantonian Slowpoke.
Remember, normal Slowpoke wasn't in Sword & Shield before the Isle of Armor update.

Bulbapedia provide the scenarios:
  • If the mother Slowpoke (or the Slowpoke parent if using a Ditto) isn't holding an Everstone, it'll be a Galarian Slowpoke.
  • If the mother Slowpoke (or the Slowpoke parent if using a Ditto) is holding an Everstone, it'll be a Kantonian Slowpoke.
Remember, normal Slowpoke wasn't in Sword & Shield before the Isle of Armor update.
Which by the way is consistent with how Alolan forms behaved (Kanto parent would produce a Alolan offspring unless holding everstone)

I want to get Jynx as early as I reasonably can in Red so could anyone explain how to do so please?

I know I need the Rod to get Poliwhirl just need to know how to get to Fuchsia City fastest.

I want to get Jynx as early as I reasonably can in Red so could anyone explain how to do so please?

I know I need the Rod to get Poliwhirl just need to know how to get to Fuchsia City fastest.
beat misty (for cut), go to celadon get the silph scope, do lavender tower to get the pokeflute (to wake up either snorlax), go to fuschia (or get the good rod and fish out and level a poliwag but you're so close to fuschia anyway...)

beat misty (for cut), go to celadon get the silph scope, do lavender tower to get the pokeflute (to wake up either snorlax), go to fuschia (or get the good rod and fish out and level a poliwag but you're so close to fuschia anyway...)
I heard you could give the Lavender Ghost a Poké Doll to skip the Silph Scope so would that be worthwhile or is it negligible?

The most efficient way would be the following one:

1) Start with Bulbasaur.
2) Use the blackout variation of the Ditto Glitch in Viridian Forest to get a Level 1 Pokémon of the Medium-Slow experience group, then do one battle with it. This way you can get a Level 100 Pokémon to roll past everything.
3) Get to Pewter City, and use the Brock Skip Glitch to walk through walls and arrive to Celadon City. Make sure you don't get out of bounds in the process. Once you get to Celadon, get into any building.
4) Get a drink and skip the guards.
5) Go to Cerulean City and get an Abra. (Alternatively, you can use the Brock Skip Glitch, get an Abra, return to Pewter City, and do the glitch again to go to Celadon; this way you can avoid battling the Rival and the Nugget Bridge, but you have to ensure you don't break the conditions for the Skip glitch)
6) Use the Ditto Glitch to remove the Snorlax south of Lavender Town (that's what the Abra's for).

With this, you have a significant portion of the game unlocked, with no badges at all.

By this point you can safely get the Super Rod, fish the Poliwhirl and trade it for a Jynx.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)