Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

It's me again transcribing old unanswered questions from Pokemon DB.

Each NPC in Black City has a number of points, and that number can be increased by battling. Do all their points go up when the player battles one NPC? Do the points of any one NPC go up only when the player battles said NPC? Does the player need to battle every NPC before the points go up?
Is it possible to purify the Togepi from XD, trade it to Emerald, clone it, trade the clone to XD, and trade it for the Elekid?
Who sang the English version of the Magikarp Song?
How many times did Team Rocket blast off?
Are Pokemon Snap cards (the ones that can be printed at Blockbuster stores) worth any real life money?
Is there a reliable Pokemon library somewhere on the internet (that's not Veekun because its locations aren't up-to-date)?
What are all the Poke Finder Pokemon's individual max "like" tally plus percentage chance?
Someone is trying to use a team on Free Battle consisting of Diancie, Mewtwo, Mew, Meloetta, Keldeo, and Yveltal, and the only event exclusive items on the team are Diancite and Mewnium Z. His game isn't allowing the team even though he selected "special allowed". What could possibly be wrong with the team?
What are all the NPCs in SM that aren't Pokemon Center nurses and can heal the player's Pokemon?
In HGSS, when does Black Belt Kenji rematch the player?
What are all the Pokemon sprites that show an offensive gesture (like RSE Sandshrew and DP Registeel)?
Which place, out of all Pokemon core series games, has the most tiles?
What are the possible reasons that can cause the move psychic to have no effect on Hala's Pokemon during the Elite Four battle in SM?
Someone hasn't been able to do the Lomi Lomi Massage (in USM) in more than 100 hours. He's only ever used one 3DS to play his copy of the game and never changed the time on the 3DS. What could possibly be preventing him from doing the massage?
What's the name of this score?
What's the best way to complete mission card 19 in Shuffle?
How was the BW2 title screen music made? Is it an audio or MIDI recording?
What are all the trainers in the core series games, outside of rivals and "battle areas", that use starter Pokemon?

Last edited:
If a Shedinja has Sturdy, can it survive a Water Shuriken, Bullet Seed, etc.?

If a Shedinja has Sturdy and is confused, can it kill itself with confusion?

If a Shedinja has Sturdy, can it survive a Water Shuriken, Bullet Seed, etc.?

If a Shedinja has Sturdy and is confused, can it kill itself with confusion?
My apologies if you were hoping for an answer from someone who’d actually tested this personally, since I’m just repeating what Bulbapedia says about it.

Yes. Each hit of a multi-hit Attack will do 0 damage, leaving Sturdy intact for the next hit.

No. Confusion damage is treated like a direct attack for the purposes of Sturdy, so a confused Sturdy Shedinja can’t KO itself.

Last edited:
Is there an easy way to get many apricorn balls? I want to stock up on level balls for a shiny catch
If you take a poke from Gold/Silver/Crystal to the Game Freak office in Heahea City, one of the employees will give you a 1 of every Apricorn ball. I'm not sure if it's infinite (knowing Game Freak, it probably isn't), but at least it's there.

Last edited:
Is there an easy way to get many apricorn balls? I want to stock up on level balls for a shiny catch
If you are talking about the Gen VII games, there isn't any. There's is only a very tiny amount of one-time events where you can get one of each.

Last edited:
If you take a poke from Gold/Silver/Crystal to the Game Freak office in Heahea City, one of the employees will give you a 1 of every Apricorn ball. I'm not sure if it's infinite (knowing Game Freak, it probably isn't), but at least it's there.
I'm pretty sure you can only do this once. However, I'm also sure folks like Max. Optimizer would be more than willing to give people as many Apricorn balls as they need if they ask in the SQSR thread in Wi-Fi.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
sumwun, I'll answer your questions which I think I can give a definite answer to, but I'll say up front a lot of your questions sounds like they're meant to be time wasters on the person trying to get your answer. If you want the answer to those questions you'll have to do the work yourself.

Each NPC in Black City has a number of points, and that number can be increased by battling. Do all their points go up when the player battles one NPC? Do the points of any one NPC go up only when the player battles said NPC? Does the player need to battle every NPC before the points go up?
The points only raise for the individual interacted with. Once you battle a trainer, their point goes up by one.

Is it possible to purify the Togepi from XD, trade it to Emerald, clone it, trade the clone to XD, and trade it for the Elekid?
I don't see why not. But why not keep the clone instead? Also, goes without saying there's a lot easier ways to get Togepi and Elekids now.

Who sang the English version of the Magikarp Song?
No one knows. What Bulbapedia has is all that's known about the song.

How many times did Team Rocket blast off?
Too many times it's not worth to count it (same for how many times they didn't blast off). Plus, with Pokemon being an on-going series, that number has the possibility to increase (though Bewear is doing a good job having that not be the case, but that's probably only for Alola). Also sometimes they'd "blast off" in a special way so would you count those or only the times they said they're "Blasting Off Again!" (or variations of that phrase)?

Are Pokemon Snap cards (the ones that can be printed at Blockbuster stores) worth any real life money?
Not really.

Is there a reliable Pokemon library somewhere on the internet (that's not Veekun because its locations aren't up-to-date)?
Just stick to Bulbapedia and Serebii.

What are all the Poke Finder Pokemon's individual max "like" tally plus percentage chance?
What?

What are all the NPCs in SM that aren't Pokemon Center nurses and can heal the player's Pokemon?
Why?

In HGSS, when does Black Belt Kenji rematch the player?
It's random.

What are all the Pokemon sprites that show an offensive gesture (like RSE Sandshrew and DP Registeel)?
That is a quest you'll have to go on.

Which place, out of all Pokemon core series games, has the most tiles?
Who cares. Probably one of the big cities.

What are the possible reasons that can cause the move psychic to have no effect on Hala's Pokemon during the Elite Four battle in SM?
Why, did that happen to you?
Anyway, several of Hala's Pokemon have moves that Flinch, so there's that.

What's the name of this score?
Here's the soundtrack. Tried to look but couldn't find it. If it's not there it probably doesn't have a name, it's just a piece of background music for that scene.

How was the BW2 title screen music made? Is it an audio or MIDI recording?
I believe it's MIDI or another kind of digital music program.

What are all the trainers in the core series games, outside of rivals and "battle areas", that use starter Pokemon?
There's plenty of lists online and on Youtube which tells you where a certain trainer with a certain Pokemon is for Pokedex completion. Also Bulbapedia lists the teams of NPC trainers on both the areas where they're battled (as well as Serebii) and if you look up Trainer Classes.

From memory, only the Kanto and Sinnoh games have in-game trainers, discounting battle facilities, rivals, and random stuff like Trainer House, who use the local region’s starters, although I think there are also trainers who use the Kanto starters in GSC/HGSS.

Off the top of my head, there are obvious ones like Gardenia and Flint. I can remember a few others in Kanto and especially Sinnoh, thanks to the fact that every Pokémon is deliberately made ‘seeable’ in-game to make the condition for unlocking the National Dex feasible. However, that information is pretty useless for answering your question, since someone would still have to check every route for the ones I don’t remember to make sure the list is exhaustive.

I don’t know if you have a personal interest in the answer to this question, or if you maybe think it’s of general interest to Pokémon trivia buffs, but I don’t think there’s a definitive list anywhere, so it sounds like something you could research yourself just as quickly as anyone else here!

Last edited:
I'm trying to get all the trainer stars in my Fire Red cartridge but I've hit a brick wall with Pokemon Jump, the minigame which requires at least two players. I have access to a xploder cheat cartridge. Does anyone happen to know how I could fake the 200 jump record that is required? I really have tried for a very long time and am quite fed up.

When it comes to 3-vs-3 "Stadium mode" with games like Stadium and Colosseum, is it generally best to have a team full of Pokémon that are all at least semi-offensive (i.e. no Skarmory/Blissey)? It seems like with only 3 Pokémon, stall tactics would be harder to pull off and you're better off being aggressive.

When it comes to 3-vs-3 "Stadium mode" with games like Stadium and Colosseum, is it generally best to have a team full of Pokémon that are all at least semi-offensive (i.e. no Skarmory/Blissey)? It seems like with only 3 Pokémon, stall tactics would be harder to pull off and you're better off being aggressive.
I'm not sure if stalling would be more difficult, but playing offensively definitely will save a lot of your time.

Is there a limit as to how long the White Flute lasts in Pokémon Emerald? If it is a step limit, do Acro bike hops add to that limit or not?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
My experience with 3v3 battle facilities from newer gens tell me that stall is usually not a good idea unless you have anti-crit, -flinch and -other hax measurements. Because the more attacks you're taking, the more likely you are to get a Pokemon haxed to death and then have a Pokemon that could only be easily defeated by the Pokemon haxed to death later in the match.

In Emerald, what's a good way to tell if a Battle Tower opponent outspeeds me? I noticed that different Pokemon have different speeds even if they're the same species.

That's due to (i believe) the fact that Natures in Emerald are randomized, so you won't know if enemy has +speed -speed or neutral nature right away

In Emerald, what's a good way to tell if a Battle Tower opponent outspeeds me? I noticed that different Pokemon have different speeds even if they're the same species.
This is because each Pokémon species has, iirc, at least four possible ‘sets’, each with different moves, nature and EVs. For most Pokémon, this means there are at least two different Speed benchmarks they can reach. There are lists out there of all the possible sets for each Pokémon, but this is just a quick post while I’m on mobile.

Unfortunately, there’s no way of knowing which Speed stat a Pokémon has until it uses enough moves to reveal its set (outside of weird stuff like if it switches in on an attack and reveals Leftovers recovery or something, which might tell you enough to figure it out depending on the Pokémon). Of course, at that point you probably already know whether or not it’s faster than you haha.

Edit: I think maybe opposing trainer IVs slowly improve to flawless as your streak increases, and the lists out there (at least one is on these forums) list maximum stats, giving you the chance to ‘prepare for the worst’, so to speak

Both the things you mentioned are very true for following facilities, but iirc either gen 3 facility actually did not have set natures just yet, that and multiple sets were introduced in gen 4 with special/phisical splits

Both the things you mentioned are very true for following facilities, but iirc either gen 3 facility actually did not have set natures just yet, that and multiple sets were introduced in gen 4 with special/phisical splits
Do you have a source for this? Just from my own experience, I’ve seen the same species of Pokémon with different movesets across all Frontier facilities. Also I’m not sure what you mean about the physical/special split: why would that preclude them from having multiple sets?

I’m pretty sure that my post was accurate, and I found the following Smogon thread that I believe I was vaguely remembering as I wrote it:

https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-frontier-max-stats-pokemon-database.15426/

It describes how Pokémon stats and sets from the Battle Factory were found by renting those Pokémon, before it was later discovered that the same Pokémon were used in every other facility.

Addressing sumwun’s original question, these stats are listed for level 100 mons, but if you know your own IVs and EVs it should still be possible to see where your team members sit in the Speed tier lists.

Last edited:
I could just be mistaken for that, I'm sure I've read that somewhere BUT I can't find where, so i'll give it the benefit of the doubt and consider that I'm just wrong on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)