Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Anyone know if there's been any work done on RNG abuse for the PtHGSS Battle Factory? I know Emerald was worked out because of Werster's run but haven't found anything on gen 4 yet.
Can you give me information about the Emerald RNG abusing? I remember wanting this information last year because I didn't want to grind for an actually good team.

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD

Well??????
Initially things seemed awfully conclusive. Brady simply couldn’t throw the football halfway across the city, levitate out of reach of the attempted sacks, or (in probably the most indicative part) simply stroll down the field, 300 pound men literally bouncing off it all the way like Metagross could. Brady was good, certainly, but what Metagross could do was inhuman.

This, of course, was the work of performance enhancing drugs. While Metagross had no blood to test, photos came to light depicting Metagross ingesting 10 Calcium, Iron, and Protein.

Metagross denied the allegations, stating that it “trained by Hammer Arming Rattata [sic] like Arceus intended.” This set off a new scandal, and Metagross’ trial for animal abuse is set to begin in October.

The NFL recently released a statement that while they will allow women to join the league as of 2012, as Metagross is neither a man nor a woman the rules do not permit it to join the league. See page 5 for the backlash the NFL has received for this statement on Twitter.

Meanwhile, following Brady’s failure to produce eggs with a Ditto, the Pokémon League has declared him a Legendary Pokemon and prohibited him from battling. This move, seen by many as a retributory measure for Metagross’ treatment by the NFL, has drawn heavy criticism.

Anyone know if there is a list of important/competitive Pokemon that has a transfer-only move? I'm currently playing through all Gen 4 games and I plan on doing Gen 3/5 afterwards so might aswell get something else out of the play through.

Anyone know if there is a list of important/competitive Pokemon that has a transfer-only move? I'm currently playing through all Gen 4 games and I plan on doing Gen 3/5 afterwards so might aswell get something else out of the play through.
It would be worth knowing that those mons aren't usable for battle spot / vgc.

The only one that comes to mind to me are Seismic Toss Kangaskhan, anyhow.

Softboiled Clefairy is a pretty big one.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Double-Edge Glalie and Sucker Punch Golem are good if you care about lower tier Pokemon.

When you get Seismic Toss Kangaskhan, consider teaching it Body Slam too.

I know and thank you. :)

Softboiled Clefairy is a pretty big one.
Oh yeah forgot about the Soft boiled tutor in FRLG, thanks. :)

Double-Edge Glalie and Sucker Punch Golem are good if you care about lower tier Pokemon.

When you get Seismic Toss Kangaskhan, consider teaching it Body Slam too.
Thank you. :)

Got another question regarding Pokemon Emerald. I'm trying to capture a Modest Regice using RNG. I am hitting my target sometimes but I want to catch the Regice in a regular Pokeball [its a OCD thing I like regular Pokeballs]. So I raised a Relicanth to have 54 speed with the target Regice having 55 speed. This way I thought I could see if I hit the right target since the Regice has 1 more speed.

However my problem being that my Relicanth is out-speeding the Regice even when I hit the right target. I noticed this since I was using a Masterball to see what I was getting. Anyone know why I'm out-speeding the Regice despite having 1 lower speed?

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Got another question regarding Pokemon Emerald. I'm trying to capture a Modest Regice using RNG. I am hitting my target sometimes but I want to catch the Regice in a regular Pokeball [its a OCD thing I like regular Pokeballs]. So I raised a Relicanth to have 54 speed with the target Regice having 55 speed. This way I thought I could see if I hit the right target since the Regice has 1 more speed.

However my problem being that my Relicanth is out-speeding the Regice even when I hit the right target. I noticed this since I was using a Masterball to see what I was getting. Anyone know why I'm out-speeding the Regice despite having 1 lower speed?
Emerald has badge boosts, multipliers of 1.1x to stats in battle. Once you obtain the Dyanmo badge all your Pokémon get a 10% hidden speed boost in non-link battles, which is why you’re outspeeding.

In Poké Pelago's Isle Avue, how long does it take to max out the happiness of a Pokémon, with or without Poké Beans? (I know I need to withdraw and re-deposit them before 24 hours passes.)

In Poké Pelago's Isle Avue, how long does it take to max out the happiness of a Pokémon, with or without Poké Beans? (I know I need to withdraw and re-deposit them before 24 hours passes.)
The beans double the happiness gained until the beans run out. It still takes longer than feeding them a ton of the EV reducing berries, which can be grown quite easily on Isle Aplenny.

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Good morning everyone! I have a bit of a request. I just started playing Ultra Moon last night and am looking to make it a little more entertaining (since, to be quite frank, going through the in-game is going to feel very much like work). So, I am going to be fielding suggestions for team members for a Johtomons run; I am going to be asking around here and on a few different Discord servers throughout the day for ideas. If you have any recommendations for Gen II 'mons to use as final team members, please throw them my way!

Good morning everyone! I have a bit of a request. I just started playing Ultra Moon last night and am looking to make it a little more entertaining (since, to be quite frank, going through the in-game is going to feel very much like work). So, I am going to be fielding suggestions for team members for a Johtomons run; I am going to be asking around here and on a few different Discord servers throughout the day for ideas. If you have any recommendations for Gen II 'mons to use as final team members, please throw them my way!
It doesn't matter how many times and in how many places you post it, I will still remind you that if you don't run Chikorita I will set you on fire. <3

Smuckem

Resident Facility Bot Wannabe
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
It doesn't matter how many times and in how many places you post it, I will still remind you that if you don't run Chikorita I will set you on fire. <3
Bear in mind that your spamming all counts as just one vote; stuffing the ballots doesn't work on someone who is paying attention...

Side note: enough people have mentioned Cyndaquil already that it is a lock to be in on the action at this point.

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
Since Spinarak and Ariados got a brand new signature move it seems like a shame not to use them.

Use Huge Power Marill/Azumarill.
It evolves very early at level 18 and hits like a truck.
Both STABs are useful and you'd have some very solid attacking moves by the time Azumarill reaches level 25. Aqua Tail and Play Rough through level-up plus Brick Break via the TM that you get before the first trial. You also get the Work Up TM very early if you want to boost and hit even harder.
Or just get one with the Aqua Jet egg move...

Last edited:
I've never played Ultra Moon, but I hear Raticate, Dugtrio, and Corsola are pretty good.

I've never played Ultra Moon, but I hear Raticate, Dugtrio, and Corsola are pretty good.
Surely Raticate and Dugtrio count as either Gen I mons or Gen VII, depending on how you approach Alolan forms?

How about Slowking for a serious suggestion and Delibird for a less serious one?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)