Sticky Orange Islands SQSA Thread

Every since the new update, I have been unable to access Home on my smartphone. I double-checked to make sure that my phone wasn't one of the devices that couldn't use it anymore, and it is not. It can't get past the white screen with the pokeball that changes color. I checked the Switch version of the app, and it works just fine still.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Every since the new update, I have been unable to access Home on my smartphone. I double-checked to make sure that my phone wasn't one of the devices that couldn't use it anymore, and it is not. It can't get past the white screen with the pokeball that changes color. I checked the Switch version of the app, and it works just fine still.
Well, the only thing I can suggest are the basic stuff: Restart your phone, uninstall and reinstall the app, and if that doesn't work see if there's a way to send in a bug report.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
So I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I was intending to do a challenge run in the next few weeks, but have no reliable method of taking pictures of the game I'm playing. My recent Pokemon Emerald Let's Play was done via low-quality phone camera images.

I was intending my next challenge run to be either on Crystal or Ultra Moon, as I read that the 3DS has a screenshot facility via Miiverse. However, I opened Miiverse the other day to discover that the functionality for this service has been discontinued, meaning there's now no way to screenshot on the 3DS.

Can anyone advise as to how I'd go about taking decent/clear images for future challenge runs? Unfortunately I don't emulate and I don't run any kind of homebrew on my consoles, so I'm starting to suspect that taking snaps via cameraphone really is the only way.

Can anyone advise as to how I'd go about taking decent/clear images for future challenge runs? Unfortunately I don't emulate and I don't run any kind of homebrew on my consoles, so I'm starting to suspect that taking snaps via cameraphone really is the only way.
Without emulating or hardmodding your 3ds you don't have a option to take direct feed from the 3ds.

Afraid camera is your only way.

There is, to my recollection, a way to upload images without miiverse.

See when you hit the home button, the 3DS even before miiverse has always temporarily saved an image of what was on screen (for note taking purposes in the notes app). In fact So it's storing it somewhere. And I know that some image uploading service actually lets you just find and upload those.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
Where can i get a Carvanha or Bagon egg in Explorers of Sky?
Well, you see, when a mommy Sharpedo/Salamence loves a daddy Pokemon in the same Egg Group...

Joking, joking. Sadly, it'll require a lot of luck from what I can find:

1. Make sure Chansey at the Day Care isn't holding any Eggs. You can't receive another Egg if it has one.
  2. Look for a job in a dungeon & on a floor that has the Pokemon or its evolutionary family on it. Then check if the reward for the job is ONLY "???"; "???" + money will not get you an Egg. For Carvanha you'd either want Enclosed Sea (B1F-B20F) or Miracle Sea (B1F-B18F & DPB1F-DPB4F). For Bagon you'd want Crystal Crossing (B1F-B7F), Final Maze (B1F-B48F), Sealed Ruins (B1F-B8F & IB1F-B6F), Sky Stairway (1F-49F), or Temporal Tower (UP1F-10F).
  3. Complete the job and you MIGHT get an Egg (though note that ANY Pokemon (or rather there lowest evo stage) could be in the Egg. And there's no way to tell until it hatches and the species is determined when you receive the Egg.
  4. Finally, after it hatches in a few in-game days, if you're looking for a specific Egg Move it might have one, multiple, or none. It's all random.

From what it sounds like, Eggs aren't meant to be the main way of recruiting a Pokemon, they more sound like bonuses which you may get lucky having an Egg Move.

In Gen 7, is it possible for a Pokémon to have a Z-Crystal without the move associated with it? As in, by having the Pokémon forget the move while the Z-Crystal is held?
(For instance, say I have a Crustle with Rock Blast, Solar Beam, Spikes, and Stealth Rock. If I give it Grassium Z, can it forget Solar Beam in favor of Knock Off?)
My sense of logic says that the answer should be "no," but the Pokémon Showdown validator sees no issue with an Azumarill having Waterium Z and only Play Rough, nor Snorlax having Snorlium Z without Giga Impact, so I seek confirmation.
(I handed down my 2DS, so I cannot find out myself.)

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
In Gen 7, is it possible for a Pokémon to have a Z-Crystal without the move associated with it? As in, by having the Pokémon forget the move while the Z-Crystal is held?
(For instance, say I have a Crustle with Rock Blast, Solar Beam, Spikes, and Stealth Rock. If I give it Grassium Z, can it forget Solar Beam in favor of Knock Off?)
My sense of logic says that the answer should be "no," but the Pokémon Showdown validator sees no issue with an Azumarill having Waterium Z and only Play Rough, nor Snorlax having Snorlium Z without Giga Impact, so I seek confirmation.
(I handed down my 2DS, so I cannot find out myself.)
Yeah, the Z-Crystal is just a Held Item. Any Pokemon can hold any Z-Crystal, even Signature Z-Crystals, but unless they meet the requirements to activate the Z-Crystal it's just a waste of an Item Slot.

Well, you see, when a mommy Sharpedo/Salamence loves a daddy Pokemon in the same Egg Group...

Joking, joking. Sadly, it'll require a lot of luck from what I can find:

1. Make sure Chansey at the Day Care isn't holding any Eggs. You can't receive another Egg if it has one.
  2. Look for a job in a dungeon & on a floor that has the Pokemon or its evolutionary family on it. Then check if the reward for the job is ONLY "???"; "???" + money will not get you an Egg. For Carvanha you'd either want Enclosed Sea (B1F-B20F) or Miracle Sea (B1F-B18F & DPB1F-DPB4F). For Bagon you'd want Crystal Crossing (B1F-B7F), Final Maze (B1F-B48F), Sealed Ruins (B1F-B8F & IB1F-B6F), Sky Stairway (1F-49F), or Temporal Tower (UP1F-10F).
  3. Complete the job and you MIGHT get an Egg (though note that ANY Pokemon (or rather there lowest evo stage) could be in the Egg. And there's no way to tell until it hatches and the species is determined when you receive the Egg.
  4. Finally, after it hatches in a few in-game days, if you're looking for a specific Egg Move it might have one, multiple, or none. It's all random.

From what it sounds like, Eggs aren't meant to be the main way of recruiting a Pokemon, they more sound like bonuses which you may get lucky having an Egg Move.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Ended up with an awesome Bagon with 3 egg moves :)

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Ended up with an awesome Bagon with 3 egg moves :)
It's too little too late to explain this, but here's some notes I figured out about egg moves in MD2 that may help in the future.

There's always enough egg moves to fill the 4 moveslots, so a Pokemon that has 1 Level 1 move, like Bagon, gets 3 egg moves, Pokemon with 2 Level 1 moves gets 2 egg moves. Pokemon with 4 or more moves at Level 1, like Aerodactyl have one of their moves replaced with an egg move.

You're probably going to wish I told you sooner if you didn't get Hydro Pump, but you can soft reset for egg moves. Save before checking the egg and reset if it doesn't have the right moves. You won't be able to get any three egg moves you want though. You can only get moves that are next to each other in the list of egg moves. (You can check Serebii's Gen 4 dex for moves and the order the game has them in.)

For example, these are Bagon's egg moves.

Hydro Pump
Thrash
Dragon Rage
Twister
Dragon Dance
Fire Fang
Shadow Claw

You'd be able to get a Hydro Pump, Thrash, and Dragon Rage because they're all in a row, but not Hydro Pump, Dragon Dance, and Fire Fang.

Side note: Pokemon that can learn the Elemental Punches or Fangs usually (or always, I'm not going to check) have them next to each other, so it's pretty common to get more than one.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!

Random question but anyone know the music used in this trailer? Tried Shazaming it but they talk too damned often.
It's just generic trailer music. Would say they at least composed it themselves, but then again you'd be surprised how many sound effects and simple music tracks come from bought sound effect & music libraries.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
How are Wonder Room, Power Trick, Power Split, and Guard Split supposed to interact with each other?
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the way Wonder Room works is that the Pokemon's stats don't change but when damage calculation is done it uses the other defensive stat's number instead of the one its supposed to.

Power Split and Guard Split, on the other hand, do change the numbers. So they would change the numbers around, and then when damage calculation is done that's when Wonder Room will apply the opposite defensive stat number.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the way Wonder Room works is that the Pokemon's stats don't change but when damage calculation is done it uses the other defensive stat's number instead of the one its supposed to.

Power Split and Guard Split, on the other hand, do change the numbers. So they would change the numbers around, and then when damage calculation is done that's when Wonder Room will apply the opposite defensive stat number.
And how does Power Trick interact with them?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
And how does Power Trick interact with them?
Depends when Power Trick is used. Power Trick swaps the "raw" stats, aka what their numbers are when you check the the status screen.

Also, I may have misread Wonder Room's effect on Bulbapedia. On Bulbapedia it says "Wonder Room swaps the Defense and Special Defense of all Pokémon, but stat changes remain on their respective stat". Now, my quick glance at it made me think it was saying it was during damage calculation was when the stats were changed. BUT, reading it again, what I think it's saying is that it does also swap "raw" stats... EXCEPT the its the default "raw stats", and stat modifications (increases & decreases) would remain on the stat they were affected on, just it'll be added/subtracted from a new raw number during Wonder Room's duration.

So, with that all said, they all effect "raw" stats (only note is Wonder Room will not carry over stat modifications while the others do), so to figure out what happens to them you got to go by turn order. If you still have confusion, to make things easier on me or anyone else explaining, how about doing this:
  1. Give us a name of two Pokemon (we'll assume both are at Level 50 with use the max raw stat which Bulbapedia says they would have; also doesn't matter if they can use these Moves or not as these are just examples).

2. Give us an order of the Moves you want to know how they would effect each other (like ). I would limit these at 5, that should be more than enough to get the idea across how they work. Also, considering how Wonder Room works, if you like you can mention about stat increases/decreases that happened before or add them in during your listing of turns.

Decided to play a bit of Explorers of Sky and i just got a Ditto from an egg (yes, an egg) received through Spinda Cafe. Is it a good mon to train, or is it too gimmicky?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)