Resource ORAS Creative and Underrated Sets V2 (Replays required!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Kraken Knight yes that counts as being "that guy"

It really isn't difficult to read the OP and establish that putting absolute nonsense in the thread is going to get the post deleted and not taken seriously.

Kraken Knight yes that counts as being "that guy"

It really isn't difficult to read the OP and establish that putting absolute nonsense in the thread is going to get the post deleted and not taken seriously.
I was being serious about it. I apologize if this qualifies as nonsense. I don't want to cause any disputes in any thread, or sound like an anarchist (or a hipster for that matter).

I was being serious about it. I apologize if this qualifies as nonsense. I don't want to cause any disputes in any thread, or sound like an anarchist (or a hipster for that matter).
Being an 'anarchist' or 'hipster', as you put it, is incidental, and not really something anyone here is generally worried about. What does matter, however, is following the context of the thread, even if it's just the bare-bones.

More than just damage calcs and claims of 'surprise factor', you need proof that it actually works in OU. That means replays at a point in the ladder that makes sense, or at the very least against an opponent that can tell their ass from their elbows. Forgive me if this sounds like I'm calling you out (I assure you, that's not my intention here), but your only claim is that you've used FEARchu in ubers. Not only does this tell us nothing about OU viability (as moot a point as that is), but FEAR is ancient, relatively speaking. It's existed since the dawn of gen 3, and I can guarantee you that the vast majority of people have seen virtually every variant of it under the sun.

There's a reason we don't see FEAR on the ladder outside of very low ladder - it's a gimmick, and that's it. Hell, FEAR Aron is far and away a better FEAR set due to Sandstorm, Sturdy and immunity to Toxic, but it's still nothing but a gimmick that people see a mile-and-a-half away. Why else would there be an LC pick in OU otherwise?

(at this point, this post might as well be a PSA)

I'm not telling you this to discourage you from posting or anything, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that you need to get a grasp of OU and the general purpose of this thread before posting. It may seem boring and one-dimensional to suggest something like Facade Azu or Glare, at least at first glance, but what needs to be driven home is that even a one-move substitution serves a purpose in the metagame one way or the other. Facade on Azu, to draw further from the example, is effective because one of the most effective ways of shutting down Azu is by burning it. Normal coverage isn't exactly hot shit or anything, but the fact that it remedies one of Azu's chief pitfalls makes it a worthwhile pick if you deem it necessary (albeit at the loss of coverage, but that's part and parcel with creative sets anyways).

Even things like Stunfisk, which sounds like something anyone would dismiss out of hand, is an E-rank pick solely because the people that took interest in it provided a wall of proof that it had a niche in OU, through calcs, an impressive series of replays at a good ladder rank, and most important of all, role context, in that Stunfisk is meant to be a compressed Birdspam and Electric check with SR, not really caring about burns gimping its Birdspam checking abilities due to being a special attacker (unlike Ttar/Hippo), and pretty viable status-spreading prowess in Discharge and Yawn.

'Disputes' aren't ever going to happen so long as you're familiar with your choice's role in OU and have enough proof through explanation and replays to back it up. That's really all this thread requires, and while that kind of familiarity with the OU tier and ladder is something that's only gained through a lot of laddering and experience, it's what the vast majority of the posters here have. You can generally tell when that is and isn't the case, so take some time to familiarize yourself with the posts that see success, relatively speaking. Who knows, maybe you'll find the next dank E-rank.

PDC

street spirit fade out
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion

Hoopa-Unbound @ Expert Belt
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Drain Punch
- Fire Punch
- Gunk Shot

sadly i did not get to show this one off in spl, but from how it did in testing i can tell you it is seriously good. hoopa is typically a choiced attacker in the modern age; i rarely see any life orb or mixed sets among the far more prominent scarf/band/specs. that is where this hoopa comes in. when you click hyperspace fury, the immediate thought is "ok, he is locked into this move and no longer poses a threat." this set specifically aims to feign itself as scarf hoopa, which lures switches like tyranitar, scizor, and clef specifically. due to the hyper space fury damage output, your opponent will more than likely either pursuit to get rid of you, roost knowing they won't die (or u-turn, maybe), or softboiled / twave respectively. while your opponent tries to do any of the latter options, you can kill them with either fire punch, drain punch, or gunk shot!

hoopa is gifted with naturally fantastic coverage and power, so you will succeeded in luring and killing what you need to essentially 100% of the time. problem with the set is that once it is revealed, it is a bit easier to play around if you don't have the right coverage on you. luckily however, hoopa does have access to a ridiculous amount of options to use. you can use grass knot, hp ice, thunderbolt, or psychic if you please. dread plate is also an option if you want to have a stronger hyperspace fury on the switch.

I'd like to share some of the unique sets I utilized this SPL.

Talonflame (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up/Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt
- Roost

This Talon plays a similar role to the normal spdef set, except it walls a few things more reliably. The phys def/mixed spread allows Talon to hard wall Weavile, Bisharp, and Gardevoir, which it usually can't. It also, of course, still walls Serperior/ZardY and all the other things you usually need it to.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Reflect Type/Toxic/Twave/Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

The legendary bold Starmie. I got inspiration to use this set when I wanted to have the utility that Starmie normally has in countering Heatran and reliably spinning vs a lot of stuff like Skarm, except I was really tired of all the scarf Tyranitar trapping. So, I realized that with a bold spread, pursuit trapping becomes much less of an issue:
252 Atk Tyranitar Crunch vs. 240 HP / 216+ Def Starmie: 222-264 (69.1 - 82.2%)
The speed allows you to creep on max speed Heatran. This set is much worse at dealing with Keldeo, but the resistance vs pursuit is extremely useful.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 15 Spe
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower/Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

This set came about when I had an otherwise Ferro/Talon/Bro weak team. Toxic + Flame allows Clef to reliably beat or lure in all of those, while still dealing with the stuff it normally does. Toxic also can potentially catch Hippo/Gastro/ZardY or anything else that might want to pivot into Clef. The 15 speed ivs are useful for taking less gyro damage from Ferro, while still outspeeding min speed 50s like Azu.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- Psychic
- Signal Beam/Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

This is basically a standard LO Zam, except it uses Knock and Signal to beat some of its primary switchins. Knock gets rid of the lefties on Skarm/Clef, the AV on Torn, and the Scarf on Lando/Hoopa. Signal still hits psychics such as Bro, Lati, etc. but has the added bonus of ohkoing Hoopa. Shadow Ball is still an option if you fear Jirachi or something more than Hoopa.

Weavile (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Pursuit

I actually initially only used this set to be more reliable on stall, but I find it to be overall more consistent and effective than LO sets. CB adds longevity without the LO recoil, and also really powers through its switchins like Clef and Skarm really well:
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 252 HP / 172 Def Clefable: 207-244 (52.5 - 61.9%)
In addition to this, CB has a much higher chance of trapping something like Slowbro, Garde, or Torn-T due to the power boost.

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Recover

For you stallers out there: use this. Curse allows you to reliably beat DD Bell Altaria, Clef, Reuni, and more, while also granting the ability to outright sweep some physically-inclined offenses. The spdef investment is to always avoid 3hko from Clef, while still maintaining the physical bulk needed to wall Bisharp and all that.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Explosion

The only real justification for this set is if you are really Zard/Talon weak otherwise, as Explosion gets them in range of literally any pursuit trapper out there (Y takes a lot more than X).
0 Atk Ferrothorn Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Charizard Y: 209-247 (70.3 - 83.1%)
This set still beats the same stuff, but has to kill itself to take down Lati/Serp, which shouldn't be too hard to handle with another pokemon on the team.

Jellicent (M) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 180 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Taunt
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Jellicent is surprisingly much more consistent than I originally thought. It can reliably wall Keldeo, Starmie, and more, while not being pursuit weak like other Keld switchins. Colbur + Wisp beats all pursuiters, and also helps beat SD Knock Scizor. Taunt is useful for not being hard walled by Clef, and the given speed evs outspeed Skarm and other 70s. I actually want to showcase the entire replay in which I used this set, because it did a ton of work the entire game:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-137095

Medicham-Mega @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch (Bullet Punch can still be used if weak to MDiancie however)
- Substitute

Substitute Medicham-M is often overlooked because it loses the ability to use Fake Out which is his primary priority move, but the thing is that Medicham forces so much switch that it's really easy to setup a Sub.
It also protects Medicham from Will-O-Wisp and Thunder Wave which cripples him a lot.
I also tried Thunder Punch and Foresight, respectively for Slowbro and MSab, but it's very very situational and becomes straight useless when you don't face them.

Here's some examples :
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-140073
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-281570255 (Don't know how Medicham's Sub took the Torna-T's U-Turn, i used 16 HP/240 Atk spread before)

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Spe
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Not a real set on itself, but 30 Speed IVs allows Rotom-W to Volt Switch after opposing Rotom-W, and gaining momentum that way.
I guess it was worth mentioning it.

FlamingVictini

FV - msg on discord FlamingVictini#3784
is a Top Tiering Contributorwon the 16th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Hey guys, i'm gonna post some sets that were used by the wolfpack this spl, as well as one set I was considering using (and would have gotten splendid matchup) but I ended up not bringing.

Boy and the Beast (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam
- Dazzling Gleam

Really the only cool thing about this zam set is that it can lure a variety of dark types with its triple "for dark types" coverage. Signal Beam is great in this metagame to hit hoopa, which otherwise might have been able to get free kills on the team where this was used (the chances of abr bringing hoopa as well were also decently high). Dazzling Gleam bops MSab, meaning it isn't safe from zam either. Both coverage moves also hit dark types like weavile, although focus blast is still necessary to hit steels and non-chople healthy ttar. Without shadow ball you miss out on hitting ghosts hard and mega gardevoir, but otherwise you don't miss it much.

Paradigm (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe OR 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Substitute

Substitute is a pretty simple addition, but it may not make a ton of sense until I explain it. Basically I didn't see the team needed toxic or fire blast a ton, and I noticed substitute had some useful qualities. I have previously experimented with this set a while ago, but i think this team applies it kinda nicely. Sub can block status and moves like leech seed, meaning it can set-up a sub freely on a mon like breloom and then get up rocks without getting slept, giving you the opportunity to break its potential sash. It also means you can set up super freely on amoonguss, and start shuffling the opponents team around while getting free rocks. You can also deny leech seed to ferro and shuffle / weaken it, which can be situationally nice. It obviously blocks random toxics and wisps (like from rotom-w), so if sab is already mega'd it can ease your job of shuffling a stall team in attempt to lay up hazards or something of the sorts. If you outrun stallbreaker mew, it gives you a shitton of freedom against that too. The second spread ensures starmie's scald won't break the sub at the cost for speed, giving you a lot more freedom against that as well if you sub on a switch. This set also gives garchomp the ability to set up rocks against mega diancie unless they outplay you hard. If you lead chomp as they lead diancie, they won't expect sub and will most likely go for the protect to ensure they outrun and don't get ohko'd by eq. If you sub on this tect, it means you can freely force out the diancie / kill it and get up rocks without getting forced out, unless the diancie player outplays the hell out of you.

Replay of pdc using my team with both these sets (neither sets were fully used although i think tankchomp could've done some shuffling if pdc played it a bit better) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-113332

flow of emptiness (Gyarados-Mega) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance

This is triple-stab mgyara, which was innovated by Cicada. When you're not mega evolved you have stab on bounce, which you can use to bop keldeo and grasses. Then when you mega, you get a powerful stab crunch with a lot of good neutral coverage. It also has use pre-mega, since it can ohko latios after a dd (
+1 252 Atk Gyarados Crunch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 306-362 (102.3 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO). Bounce is also still usable post-mega. In general it just gives mgyara some more flexibility with its attacks.

komm süsser tod (Magnezone) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Mirror Coat
- Thunder Wave

Remember when I used chople t-wave mag vs leftiez and it ended up being instrumental in grabbing the win for me? Well this time its back with even more innovation. Chople mag is really solid to check zam, gard, and non-heat wave torns, but mirror coat just kicks up the power of this set. I think its pretty self explanatory what the use of it is, basically allowing you to net ko's in situations where maybe the best you could do is twave the mon or damage it a bit. You lose out on flash cannon unfortunately, but i think mirror coat is pretty sick in place of it. Imagine MVenu hp firing as you mirror coat... oml fire. Shoutouts to Cicada again for the set. He used it on the same team as the mgyara set.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-116347

Keldeo @ Roseli Berry / Mystic Water
Ability: Justified
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe (or just plain 252 252)
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Taunt

A nice keldeo set cicada used vs xray, the idea behind roseli berry is that you can surprise mega diancie and knock it out of this world. It also provides a safety cushion vs stuff like M-Garde (as in the replay, although keld should have pumped to put more pressure on it), clefable, and fairies in general. Taunt is a nice 4th move that allows you to really pressure defensive mons like clefable, as they generally like to softboiled or twave after you pump/scald on the switch. I slashed mystic water here as well because that's what I've been using on some recent teams where I wanted taunt keldeo, and I didn't think roseli was necessary. The extra boost can occasionally (if you land a high roll) allow you to bluff a specs set or just deal more damage in general, which can be really nice.

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-132239

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hex
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Shoutouts Stathakis for winning with this on a pretty cool team he built. I actually have used this myself in last years ost a few times and can attest to its effectiveness. Cofag has splendid natural physical bulk, access to tspikes, and is a natural spinblocker. Wisp is always nice and hex is great with the double status moves. Psplit offers some semi-reliable recovery, but resto chesto is usable if you're ok with a one-time sure shot recovery that also removes status, with the downside of no leftovers and only a single use. I'm not sure what the exact ev spread does so hopefully louki can let us know what its for.

Replay of it in action: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-135669

Gardevoir @ Life Orb
Ability: Trace
EVs: 8 HP / 16 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish / Destiny Bond / Taunt / Encore / Will-O-Wisp / Future Sight / Memento / Calm Mind / Insert Useful Filler Here

So I didn't actually use this set, but i was heavily considering it for ary, and it would have worked out great. I've used it before (if you followed my teambuilding thread while it was alive (yes it will eventually come back hopefully)) you know i've used this before, with great success. Gardevoir is surprisingly strong with the LO boost, and has pleasently surprised me many times in testing. Its basically like mega gard, except stronger (unless ur comparing to modest mgarde, and its fairy stab is weaker, check out the calcs), has trace, and allows a bit more freedom in teambuilding due to not taking a mega slot, for the cost of bulk, speed, and situationally less power. Trace is really nice, allowing you to revenge excadrill in sand or swift swim sweepers (which woulda bopped ary), and also grab some other fun stuff. I've traced sheer force, magic bounce, and other cool stuff before. Gard has a TON of useful moves for the 4th slot, and even has coverage options if you need that. I've personally found Healing Wish to be particularly nice, but you can use whatever fits your team.

Replay of me testing the team (this is kinda just a funny one lol, i unfortunately don't have other replays but DAMM THIS SET IS GOOD TRUST ME): http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-343113612

232 SpA Mega Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 130-154 (37.9 - 44.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
232 SpA Life Orb Gardevoir Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 176 SpD Mega Scizor: 138-162 (40.2 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
re: cofag

whenever u have a defensive mon with one defensive stat higher than the other, the best overall bulk is achieved by putting a lot of evs in the weaker stat and a few evs with a boosting nature in the stronger stat. u can see that with 160/96+ clefable and 68+/188 ferro

so i just followed that paradigm with a random number in both stats while maximizing hp

i knew i didnt wanna be full physical because the neatest part about cofag is that it beats the common hazard removal via wisp + hex but you need to tank those special hits to do that. at the same time i needed cofag to switch into azu/cham/lop to take away their abilities so full special wasn't a great option either, so i just went for overall bulk

cofag really needs to be used next to some kind of clerical support for his usefulness to be maximized, be it wish heal bell or both. with heal bell i think rest is better, with wish i think split is better

Last edited:

Cicada

soul reaver
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
re: mirror coat berry zone

Mirror Coat was chosen over Flash Cannon, as i didnt really need it on the team i played (its playable over Thunder Wave if you still want to use Flash Cannon while having Mirror Coat). Basically, the idea behind that move is to lure Manectric when using an Occa Berry since Magnezone cant to shit to it (shoutout badabing for the idea), or Thundurus/Alakazam with Chopple. It's an actually interesting option if you want to lure some specific threats, the most prominent being Electric-types.

The choice of the berry was actually a toss-up between Chopple (for Thundy, Kazam, Garde, Fight-move Torna..) and Occa (Manectric, HP Fire mons, Flare Blitz Talonflame).

It should be noted that with Occa Berry, you can trap and lure Heatran (though you should be weary of Earth Power, you should stay on Heatran if you know that it doesnt pack EP or if it's obvious that he's going to use its fire move).

Last edited:
I was trying to make a new moveset with unusual strategies against their respective threats.

Jirachi @ Leftovers / Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Modest / Rash Nature
- Doom Desire / Future Sight
- Energy Ball
- Wish / Moonblast
- Calm Mind / HP [Fire]/[Ice][Whatever you want]

The EVs were chosen to resist Earthquake From Landorus-Therian scarfed then hit him with HP Ice / Icy Wind.

Doom Desire is my most powerful blow, with +1 SpA it gives a very high damage to anything that does not resist its STAB.
Future Sight is a weaker version of Doom Desire with the Psychic type, great against Fire types.
Energy Ball was specifically chosen to hit Quagsire, but can be used for Water/Fire type coverage.
Wish can be used after Doom Desire / Future Sight to heal while giving damage to your opponent.
If your team needs to cover against Dark types, you can use Moonblast.
Rock Smash can also be used as support to weaken defensive threats and Dark types, thanks to Serene Grace ability you have 100% chance to reduce the defense of the Pokémon opponent.
Calm Mind is not very useful since you will having to switch almost all the time.

|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Lopunny (M) @ Chople Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Baton Pass
- Encore / Copycat / Secret Power / Return / Thunder Wave / Toxic / Circle Trow / Power-Up Punch / Fake Out
- Substitute

Lopunny in past generations was once a Baton Passer, then how Lopunny-Mega was becoming popular as a sweeper so I decided to return to play as before.

252 HP / 4 Spd / 252 Spe will make it resist some blows and able to use Cosmic Power.

Chople Berry was chosen to reduce the damage of the Fight types but does not allow you to recover.

Cosmic Power should be used only when you feel confident and secure that it will not receive much damage (-60%).
Baton Pass is recommended after using Substitute.
Encore should be used to lock your opponent and be able to give their support to the rest of the team.
Copycat will be used to copy your opponent (Softboiled, Moonlight, Stealth Rock, Spikes, Belly Drum, Swords Dance, Sticky Web ...).
Substitute should be used whenever possible.

Last edited:
Don't base on random battles for tier sets and that one isn't good :/ You know that on random battles the lower tier mons gain more levels and there you can sweep ubers with chatot and cosmic sigilyph is op in random battles but it is awful in tier.

If you are comparing random battles with OU or just basing on randoms to talk about the viability of a set, you are doing it all wrong! In OU you choose which pokes to use on the team, you have a strategy, everyone is lv100, EVs and natures, you don't have Luvdisc or Unown on team etc.

Maybe that set is viable in PU but well, Regigigas has a really terrible ability and is quite gimmicky so it isn't great in PU either :/
Chill mate, I'm sure it can still work in other tiers well. Plus, once it's ability is bypassed, it is an absolute monster. This pokemon can have strategy. I don't have much time due to exams yet when I get the time I'll try do something with it in OU.

Chill mate, I'm sure it can still work in other tiers well. Plus, once it's ability is bypassed, it is an absolute monster. This pokemon can have strategy. I don't have much time due to exams yet when I get the time I'll try do something with it in OU.
Regigigas doesn't really work in OU. While Slow Start is active it becomes a glorified Dunsparce, and it has to survive the whole five active turns in a tier filled with things that prevent it from working. Keldeo, Garchomp, Landorus, Sableye, Rotom, Slowbro, Hippowdon, Skarmory, Thundurus, Sub Gengar, any wallbreaker in general, they all either see it as a free kill, cripple it into uselessness, or force it to switch out and start all over. Even if by some miracle it manages to survive that long it'll get revenge killed shortly after because it'll be weakened and it only has 100 base speed assuming you even invested considering it needs all the bulk it can get. It's nothing personal, Regigigas is intentionally bad by design.

Hi all this set is really crazy and is very situational, so take this with a grain of salt. The idea is that you curse up on Umbreon and due to how common U-Turn and fairies are in OU, you activate WP. Then, you baton pass to Hawlucha, who's white herb will negate the speed loss and activate unburden. After, you can sweep teams clean...in ideal situations.

Umbreon @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Curse
- Moonlight
- Toxic

Hawlucha @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Protect

Replay: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-353209565.
So far this worked like 6 times, but this was the only time I got it recorded.

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Endure
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

SD Salac Berry Garchomp is often seen with Substitute instead of Endure, but in my opinion Endure is a viable replacement because it works a lot better in an offensive metagame. Substitute has the benefits in that it protects Garchomp from priority moves, intimidate and burns from pokemon such as Rotom-W and Wisp Talonflame, as well as being able to get the speed boost against bulkier teams easier. However, in an offensive metagame filled with pokemon like Latios, Keldeo, and Mega Lopunny, Endure works pretty good because unlike Substitute, it always gets the speed boost against offensive teams. The matchup against balanced teams is slightly worse without Substitute, but you can still get the Salac boost late game againts faster opponents.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Megahorn

This set isn't creative, it's actually a RU staple, but it's underrated in the sense it provides the meta another offensive ground but more bulkier for fatter offenses that goes beyond the scope of its subpar defensive set. Edgequake is already hard to handle defensively on top of Ice Punch. Stuff like Slowbro is 2HKO'd by EQ / Edge while conventional switch ins such as Lando-T aren't able to take pressure from Ice Punch. Mega horn is more filler that can be changed out based on preference but gives you a stronger move to hit stuff like Mega Slowbro, M-Latias, and Tangrowth which I find is useful.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Phat Mega Heracross

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie / Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 84 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Substitute
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Okay so I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but I think this is a good place for it to go anyways. Fat Mega Hera is something that is being talked about a LOT right now after being used in SPL, and it's not hard to see why. One of the biggest selling points of Mega Hera over other wallbreakers such as Hoopa-U, Kyurem-B, and Mega Medicham, is that it has incredible defensive stats for an offensive powerhouse as well as very useful resistances to Ground-, Bug-, Fighting-, Dark-, and Grass. With the added bulk, Mega Hera loses out on the ability to outspeed a few things, but with the bigger advantage of being able to set up on so much shit. The EVs are designed so that Mega Hera can live a Life Orb Psyshock from Latios after rocks (lol what) and the Speed is for standard 8 Spe Rotom-W. The rest is thrown into Attack and an Adamant nature lets it hit very hard before set up. The purpose of this set over it faster set is that with the rise of bulky offense and a slower paced metagame, the added bulk lets Mega Hera take full advantage of amazing bulk and resistances to set up on lots of common Pokemon found on bulkier teams atm such as defensive Lando-T, Ferro, Skarm, Jirachi, Mega Venu, T-tar, Amoonguss, and non T-wave Mega Lati, which it can then proceed to tear everything apart. Also because of its added bulk it is practically impossible to OHKO outside of boosted STAB super effective moves or Flying coverage, so it's pretty much guaranteed multiple kills if played correctly. Stall just auto loses to Mega Hera, as Skarm and Quag are both 2HKOed by an unboosted CC, Mega Sableye drops to a +2 Pin Missile and even the rare Clef stall teams are 2HKOed by Rock Blast on the switch. SD is best for bulkier teams, Sub is cool though because it's harder to revenge/status and works better vs faster paced teams. The ability is personal preferance, though I prefer Moxie because I will never let Hera get burned, and sometimes getting a +1 before mega evolving can be REALLY clutch.

We all know what Mega Hera can do so I don't need to post a bunch of replays proving its effectiveness other than a few calcs, but I think CBB used it in SPL.

Some fun calcs proving its massive bulk with this set:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Heracross: 283-335 (77.9 - 92.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 262-309 (72.1 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 282-332 (77.6 - 91.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 256-303 (70.5 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 290-344 (79.8 - 94.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 314-372 (86.5 - 102.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (just keep rocks off XD)
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Heracross: 306-360 (84.2 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Heracross: 316-372 (87 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 232-274 (63.9 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Heracross: 213-251 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (pfffff)

Last edited:
Phat Mega Heracross

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Atk / 84 Def / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance / Substitute
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Okay so I'm not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but I think this is a good place for it to go anyways. Fat Mega Hera is something that is being talked about a LOT right now after being used in SPL, and it's not hard to see why. One of the biggest selling points of Mega Hera over other wallbreakers such as Hoopa-U, Kyurem-B, and Mega Medicham, is that it has incredible defensive stats for an offensive powerhouse as well as very useful resistances to Ground-, Bug-, Fighting-, Dark-, and Grass. With the added bulk, Mega Hera loses out on the ability to outspeed a few things, but with the bigger advantage of being able to set up on so much shit. The EVs are designed so that Mega Hera can live a Life Orb Psyshock from Latios after rocks (lol what) and the Speed is for standard 8 Spe Rotom-W. The rest is thrown into Attack and an Adamant nature lets it hit very hard before set up. The purpose of this set over it faster set is that with the rise of bulky offense and a slower paced metagame, the added bulk lets Mega Hera take full advantage of amazing bulk and resistances to set up on lots of common Pokemon found on bulkier teams atm such as defensive Lando-T, Ferro, Skarm, Jirachi, Mega Venu, T-tar, Amoonguss, and non T-wave Mega Lati, which it can then proceed to tear everything apart. Also because of its added bulk it is practically impossible to OHKO outside of boosted STAB super effective moves or Flying coverage, so it's pretty much guaranteed multiple kills if played correctly. Stall just auto loses to Mega Hera, as Skarm and Quag are both 2HKOed by an unboosted CC, Mega Sableye drops to a +2 Pin Missile and even the rare Clef stall teams are 2HKOed by Rock Blast on the switch.

We all know what Mega Hera can do so I don't need to post a bunch of replays proving its effectiveness other than a few calcs, but I think CBB used it in SPL.

Some fun calcs proving its massive bulk with this set:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Heracross: 283-335 (77.9 - 92.2%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+3 252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 262-309 (72.1 - 85.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 282-332 (77.6 - 91.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 256-303 (70.5 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 290-344 (79.8 - 94.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 314-372 (86.5 - 102.4%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO (just keep rocks off XD)
252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Zen Headbutt vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Heracross: 306-360 (84.2 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Heracross: 316-372 (87 - 102.4%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 232-274 (63.9 - 75.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 84 Def Mega Heracross: 213-251 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock (pfffff)

Glad to see my set getting some love (posted in the research thread).

AM also has a nice core for it, check it out.

Also, slightly changed EVs I use since Rotom-W doesn't bother my team much so I don't care about outspeeding it.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 168 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pin Missile
- Substitute
- Rock Blast
- Close Combat

If you're not concerned about outspeeding Rotom-W post-Mega, then just run this set instead. The extra physical bulk lets you handle Mega Lopunny and LO Excadrill at +2 better, and guarantees that Defensive Lando-T Stone Edge never breaks your sub. I guess you can toss those spare EVs from Speed into SpDef but IMO Def is a better investment due to your typing and what you can set up on.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

So Zapdos are usually seen in teams as a defogger. But I thought of something new 3 attacks Zapdos. There are a few things that define it from Thundurus. Zapdos has reliable recovery that really helps with it's SR weakness. While Thundurus is even more pressured by rocks. Zapdos also has a lot more bulk and doesn't really need full speed investment. Zapdos's bulk allows it tank hits from strong priority hitters such as Talonflame, Breloom, and Scizor better than Thundurus. This set is made to outspeed things outspeeding Rocky Helmet Chomp (but really you can do whatever you like). The ability to go Modest makes it a really good option where Thundurus is sort of forced to run max speed.

252+ SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 364-432 (106.1 - 125.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 437-515 (114.3 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 442-520 (131.1 - 154.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 416-494 (99.7 - 118.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 442-520 (125.5 - 147.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 298-352 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 434-512 (166.2 - 196.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0+ Def Zapdos: 125-147 (35.4 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 146-172 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 374-439 (104.1 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 114-134 (32.2 - 37.9%) -- 94.8% chance to 3HKO

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-358747854 (Zapdos puts mean work in until death, if you watch til the end know that I was sacking Jirachi)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Zapdos @ Life Orb
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Roost

So Zapdos are usually seen in teams as a defogger. But I thought of something new 3 attacks Zapdos. There are a few things that define it from Thundurus. Zapdos has reliable recovery that really helps with it's SR weakness. While Thundurus is even more pressured by rocks. Zapdos also has a lot more bulk and doesn't really need full speed investment. Zapdos's bulk allows it tank hits from strong priority hitters such as Talonflame, Breloom, and Scizor better than Thundurus. This set is made to outspeed things outspeeding Rocky Helmet Chomp (but really you can do whatever you like). The ability to go Modest makes it a really good option where Thundurus is sort of forced to run max speed.

252+ SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 364-432 (106.1 - 125.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 437-515 (114.3 - 134.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 72 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 442-520 (131.1 - 154.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Hidden Power Ice vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 416-494 (99.7 - 118.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 442-520 (125.5 - 147.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252+ Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 298-352 (84.4 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Breloom: 434-512 (166.2 - 196.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 128 HP / 0+ Def Zapdos: 125-147 (35.4 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Technician Breloom Mach Punch vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 146-172 (41.3 - 48.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Talonflame: 374-439 (104.1 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 0 Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 128 HP / 0 Def Zapdos: 114-134 (32.2 - 37.9%) -- 94.8% chance to 3HKO

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-358747854 (Zapdos puts mean work in until death, if you watch til the end know that I was sacking Jirachi)
This is a really cool set, and I might try it out, but those calcs are all pretty much things you should expect from an offensive mon. Heat wave ohkoing a mon 4x weak to it, hp ice killing 4x weak mons, frail offensive mons being ohko'd by strong SE attacks, etc.

This is a really cool set, and I might try it out, but those calcs are all pretty much things you should expect from an offensive mon. Heat wave ohkoing a mon 4x weak to it, hp ice killing 4x weak mons, frail offensive mons being ohko'd by strong SE attacks, etc.
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Incinerate vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 276-328 (80.4 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sorry I just wanted to lay everything out for people who wanted to use it. Thanks for the criticism though, it will help for next time!

isn't incinerate like base 60 power lol?
60 :D but good thing Zapdos has access to heat wave

Last edited by a moderator:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Incinerate vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 276-328 (80.4 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sorry I just wanted to lay everything out for people who wanted to use it. Thanks for the criticism though, it will help for next time!
isn't incinerate like base 60 power lol?

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Grass Knot
After thinking about how the meta is more physically prepared with strong defensive mons like bulky waters, grounds and even grass types, and how Hoopa-Unbound with Choice Specs has no switch ins, I thought about trying a special set on Infernape. Everyone thinks Infernape is a physical attacker, so people naturally send in mons like Lando-T, Garchomp, Rotom-Wash and Slowbro. With this set, Infernape can not only lure and deal massive damage easily, but it can also benefit teammates that want the previously stated threats gone. Setting up isn't too hard with Infernape, as you can use Nasty Plot as the opponent swaps out their Dark type or Grass/Steel type (think T-tar, Ferrothorn, and stuff that normally drops to Infernape), and then proceed to 1HKO the threats mentioned earlier, and have a good chance to 1HKO Clefable as well. Since most of the switch ins are physically Defensive, Infernape's able to 2HKO them and have them at
least worn down for something else to sweep late game like Mega Lopunny or Mega Scizor. Also, Focus Blast was chosen to go along with the special attacking nature of the set, and to also appeal to the lure. Without Focus Blast, Infernape would still get walled by the likes of bulky grounds like Tank Chomp, so it's a really important move for this set.
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 240 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 251-296 (60.1 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 207-243 (68.3 - 80.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 239-282 (62.5 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 84+ SpD Clefable: 364-429 (92.3 - 108.8%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 445-525 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

One of the best parts about this set, is that it's able to shred through stall with much ease, as Mega Sableye turns into setup fodder, and then even Chansey and Clefable get 2HKO'd. Quag dies to Grass Knot, and then one cool thing about the Life Orb, is that it can leave Infernape in range to active Blaze, doing extra damage with Fire Blast, which is pretty cool (managed to actually 1HKO an Azu with Fire Blast lol).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-353329469 I was being a noob at the time and didn't set up turn 2, but later did and was able to take out an Azu, almost kill Chansey, and put a major dent in Quagsire.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-357373258 Infernape doing some early work killing Slowbro, and taking a huge chunk of health from Lando-T.

I forgot to save the other replays vs. stall, but I can assure you they weren't too long ;)

As for good partners to use with Infernape, I'd recommend starting with Tyranitar or Weavile, as Latios is the most common switch in that can actually take hits, followed by Talonflame. So being able to Pursuit trap Latios can help Infernape out and just launch attacks the rest of the game. Also, something that likes fat stuff like Garchomp and Slowbro gone can go with Infernape as well, so stuff like Mega Scizor and Mega Lopunny can really pressure the opponent after Infernape cripples or KO's their Slowbro/Lando-T/Garchomp.

Hope you liked it :)

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Offensive Tank Volcanion

Volcanion @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Grass] / Toxic
- Sludge Wave
- Steam Eruption

Fellas I'm telling you this is the future. "Oh but bludz no Specs or Mystic Water this shit is weak" yeah homie it's so weak, a 130 base power mon with 110 spammable af STAB. But in all seriousness it's still pretty strong for a pokemon that's not using a boosting item, and this mon's stat distribution and typing has set it up to be a perfect tank outside of that pesky Stealth Rock weakness. Leftovers is really crucial for staying healthy and can be really helpful, letting you heal or stay healthy against mons that can't really touch you. It has defensive typing somewhat akin to Heatran so you end up with a few things like this:

252 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Volcanion: 23-27 (7.6 - 8.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Personally I think the Mystic Water hype is more about catching people off guard on the Specs bluff, but most good players will do a simple calc and realize it right away. Although Leftovers doesn't really let you bluff (except in the few scenarios you're at full HP) you can still switch up moves freely and not much wants to switch in anyway. Toxic is another option that I've been meaning to try out but haven't gotten around to it yet, it hits most of the bulky water type recipients of HP Grass as well as Latis. Been using Fire Blast but most things you want to use Fire STAB on anyway can probably be dealt with using Flamethrower if you don't want to miss. Haven't experimented with that yet but AM suggested it to me. Guess Earth Power's an option for other Volcanions as well

There's potentially a better EV spread but I think fast Volc is better than running too much bulk and getting outsped by shit like Breloom, I think 240 speed is the min I'd run except on fully defensive sets.

I did acquire a replay to show off Leftovers coming into play and helping me win the match

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-362439407

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)