Wailmer @ Eviolite
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Hey guys, i just found out something that actually works and can maybe be a Ranking in the FU tier worth of it. its basically a Crocune set but a physical one. Tell me what ya think of me finding this out and if i wasn't the first for the FU tier then that"s fine.. will you think it can be good? has the bulk. oblivious and if your worried about knock off you can run a Wailord with this set :}

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Wailmer @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

Hey guys, i just found out something that actually works and can maybe be a Ranking in the FU tier worth of it. its basically a Crocune set but a physical one. Tell me what ya think of finding this out. will you think it can be good? has the bulk. oblivious and if your worries about knock off you can run a wailord with this set :}
I would much sooner run Lapras or even Marshtomp with this set (actually Lapras can run Rain Dance over Sleep Talk to make it immune to status and not have to rely on rolls to win). Wailmer has a pretty lackluster type in a tier where Electabuzz and Gogoat reign supreme. There's just no opportunities for it to set up that don't lead to it being immediately shut down by a Sawsbuck, Gogoat, Luxray, Simisage, Electabuzz, or Servine the next turn.

Wailord @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This would be the wailord set. just incase your team is weak to knock 0ff

Since there was a little bit of talk around Sun earlier, I think its time to put up my own sun team

As I said in a previous post, Sun is really strong in PU, Fire and Grass are some of the best offensive typings by far, and very few pokemon can switch in on Sun boosted attacks.
There is only one problem with Sun in FU: The lack or good users. On the top of my head I can only see 3 viable fire types and one Grass type. Not to say these are not good, as they are some of the most dominating forces in the entire metagame, but the sheer lack of abusers forces you to run a team with pokemon which are uneffected by sun. This does open the room for some interesting uses, but in general this is the was I've found the most success.

Full RMT that I might put into the RMT selection

Persian acts like not only a pivot, but like anti-lead against the common yet passive hazard setters which filles the tier. it has a very strong fake out, which lets it deal with Sash lead Gabite and keep Ninjask at bay. Return is your strongest STAB option, it hits for OK damage but lacks a serious punch against many of the titans in the current metagame. Taunt keeps hazards and opposing weather off the field, while U-tun allows for some simple momentum changes which are super important for bringing in Sun abusers safely.

Rapidash is unwallable, not a single relevant thing in the metagame can stomach a sun boosted Flare blitz or one of its coverage moves (outside of Slowpoke lol). Flare blittz is an insane nuke that 2HKOs neutral Phyiscal defensive wall in the meta. Low kick is used only for the ever so annoying Gigalith, as it 2HKOes on the switchin if rocks are up, something that Drill run fails to do. Drill run is still used to Simisear and opposing rapidahes trying to snag a Flash fire boost, while the final move is given too wild charge, as it hits the few Water types bulky enough to stomach a Flare blitz like Prinplup, while Will-o-wisp can completly disable the likes of Gabite or whiscahs trying to get a free sweeping oppertunty. It also gives you makes rapidash a more supportive pokemon outside of sun

Electabuzz combines with Persian for a devestating Volt-Turn core, and has job with clearing certain pokemon, notably Frogaider, swoobat and Huntail. You all know this set, Volt switch for momentum, Thunderbolt for a reliable STAB, Facus blast to blast (hue) though bulky Rock types and Zweilous. Hidden power Ice hits The likes of Gabite, Krokorok and most importantly Fraxure.

Solrock is easily my favorite pokemon too use in FU, and for good reason. Solrock can Set up rocks and sun reliably against pretty much any team, and has the physical bulk too stomach 2 hits from many of the tiers most poverful pokemon. 40 EVs in speed outspeed lead Krokorok, and the remaining goes to your physical bulk too ensure rock+Sun. The remaining 2 slots are open, but I like to have Explosion to go out with a boom, and Rock Slide/Zen headbutt is a reliable STAB to use if you survive long enough. Will-o-wisp on the other hand is great for crippeling many leads like Persians and Gabite.

Being the only chlorophyll user not being complete shit, Sawsbuck is a powerful member of this team. Not only does it handle pretty much everything that The fires are stuggeling with, but it also has the room to run sun itself, giving it a supportive niche for the team aswell. LO double edge hits insanly hard, and Horn leach makes you self sustainable. Jump kick round of your coverage to makes it complely neutral in FU. it also hits the bulkiest shit in the tier (Lairon)

Final mon in simisear, which not only hits stupid ahrd with fire blast, but can also surpass multiple water/Rock types with grass knot (Solar beam is shit if you dont get sun up). Focus blast hits hard against most fire-resists and 2HKOs both Fraxure and Gabite. Sun lets you bypass Sucker punch and lets you get down into Blaze range, in which your Fire blasts will be soing so insanly much damage it 2HKOs both Wartortle and Gigalith.

Sets
Prince (Persian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Taunt
- U-turn

Hot Fuzz (Rapidash) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Drill run
- Wild Charge / Will-o-wisp

Buzz Lightyear (Electabuzz) @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sunny Go! (Solrock) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunny Day
- Explosion
- Zen Headbutt / Rock slide / Will-o-wisp

50 Bucks (Sawsbuck) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Jump Kick
- Sunny Day

Simisear @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Grass Knot

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gary2346 well ya know sometimes ya think of something later and wanna speak it out.

while yours was a one liner right there.
but fine. i'll try to stop.
Yeah good idea be a smart ass, because that's a great idea when someone is threatening to take away your rights to post in here.

Kushalos As much as I like the build and concept of your team, it is completely and unterrely 6-0ed by CM Clef. Other than WW on Hippo, which becomes useless once Clef is a standalone Pokemon, basically your entire team is set up fodder for it minus Specs Simisear, although once it is at +1 it can just stall out Fire Blast or until it misses. You should probably try to fit in a Metang, Lairon, or Arbok in there somewhere, but the only places I can see them fitting is over Gigalith or Hippo, which kind of defeats the purpose of the team lol.

You guys have any Thoughts on girafarig? SubNP and SubCM seem decent on paper and hyper voice+shadow ball is pretty guud coverage. It sist on a decent speed tier and being immune too grass is jummy.

Since there was a little bit of talk around Sun earlier, I think its time to put up my own sun team

As I said in a previous post, Sun is really strong in PU, Fire and Grass are some of the best offensive typings by far, and very few pokemon can switch in on Sun boosted attacks.
There is only one problem with Sun in FU: The lack or good users. On the top of my head I can only see 3 viable fire types and one Grass type. Not to say these are not good, as they are some of the most dominating forces in the entire metagame, but the sheer lack of abusers forces you to run a team with pokemon which are uneffected by sun. This does open the room for some interesting uses, but in general this is the was I've found the most success.

Full RMT that I might put into the RMT selection

Persian acts like not only a pivot, but like anti-lead against the common yet passive hazard setters which filles the tier. it has a very strong fake out, which lets it deal with Sash lead Gabite and keep Ninjask at bay. Return is your strongest STAB option, it hits for OK damage but lacks a serious punch against many of the titans in the current metagame. Taunt keeps hazards and opposing weather off the field, while U-tun allows for some simple momentum changes which are super important for bringing in Sun abusers safely.

Rapidash is unwallable, not a single relevant thing in the metagame can stomach a sun boosted Flare blitz or one of its coverage moves (outside of Slowpoke lol). Flare blittz is an insane nuke that 2HKOs neutral Phyiscal defensive wall in the meta. Low kick is used only for the ever so annoying Gigalith, as it 2HKOes on the switchin if rocks are up, something that Drill run fails to do. Drill run is still used to Simisear and opposing rapidahes trying to snag a Flash fire boost, while the final move is given too wild charge, as it hits the few Water types bulky enough to stomach a Flare blitz like Prinplup, while Will-o-wisp can completly disable the likes of Gabite or whiscahs trying to get a free sweeping oppertunty. It also gives you makes rapidash a more supportive pokemon outside of sun

Electabuzz combines with Persian for a devestating Volt-Turn core, and has job with clearing certain pokemon, notably Frogaider, swoobat and Huntail. You all know this set, Volt switch for momentum, Thunderbolt for a reliable STAB, Facus blast to blast (hue) though bulky Rock types and Zweilous. Hidden power Ice hits The likes of Gabite, Krokorok and most importantly Fraxure.

Solrock is easily my favorite pokemon too use in FU, and for good reason. Solrock can Set up rocks and sun reliably against pretty much any team, and has the physical bulk too stomach 2 hits from many of the tiers most poverful pokemon. 40 EVs in speed outspeed lead Krokorok, and the remaining goes to your physical bulk too ensure rock+Sun. The remaining 2 slots are open, but I like to have Explosion to go out with a boom, and Rock Slide/Zen headbutt is a reliable STAB to use if you survive long enough. Will-o-wisp on the other hand is great for crippeling many leads like Persians and Gabite.

Being the only chlorophyll user not being complete shit, Sawsbuck is a powerful member of this team. Not only does it handle pretty much everything that The fires are stuggeling with, but it also has the room to run sun itself, giving it a supportive niche for the team aswell. LO double edge hits insanly hard, and Horn leach makes you self sustainable. Jump kick round of your coverage to makes it complely neutral in FU. it also hits the bulkiest shit in the tier (Lairon)

Final mon in simisear, which not only hits stupid ahrd with fire blast, but can also surpass multiple water/Rock types with grass knot (Solar beam is shit if you dont get sun up). Focus blast hits hard against most fire-resists and 2HKOs both Fraxure and Gabite. Sun lets you bypass Sucker punch and lets you get down into Blaze range, in which your Fire blasts will be soing so insanly much damage it 2HKOs both Wartortle and Gigalith.

Sets
Prince (Persian) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Taunt
- U-turn

Hot Fuzz (Rapidash) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Drill run
- Wild Charge / Will-o-wisp

Buzz Lightyear (Electabuzz) @ Eviolite
Ability: Vital Spirit
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Sunny Go! (Solrock) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sunny Day
- Explosion
- Zen Headbutt / Rock slide / Will-o-wisp

50 Bucks (Sawsbuck) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Adamant Nature
- Horn Leech
- Double-Edge
- Jump Kick
- Sunny Day

Simisear @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Grass Knot
Idk if this is true but covet > return, but I'm pretty sure return has more BP after Stab than covet with technician and Stab, and I've seen people running covet but that move sucks

You guys have any Thoughts on girafarig? SubNP and SubCM seem decent on paper and hyper voice+shadow ball is pretty guud coverage. It sist on a decent speed tier and being immune too grass is jummy.
I've seen SubCM Girafarig before in randbats and it does pretty well though it doesn't need Sub to set up, definitely worth considering w/ it's OK stabs and awesome neutral coverage, along with its immunities that can stop sawsbuck, not forgetting that it can run good agility and baton pass sets

Edit:
Gourgeist* not sawsbuck lol

Idk if this is true but covet > return, but I'm pretty sure return has more BP after Stab than covet with technician and Stab, and I've seen people running covet but that move sucks
252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Covet vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 122-146 (35.7 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Persian Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 144-172 (42.2 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
not really, adn you can get a stronger fake out/U-turn with atk investment obv, Covet is for the funny NP set perisan can run.

Prepare your sap sippers I guess? Not like gogoat needed to be made any better :(

EDIT: Looking at the stats, this thing is gonna be hard to revenge kill, its bulk with eviolite is pretty damn solid and base 83 is a good base speed. Can't see it staying for that long, despite its weak base 60spatt.
Im wondering If a Choice Scarf Set or Bulky Eviolite Special Atker is the better set. The one thing about Servine is that he has a GOD AWFUL special movepool. Then again the idea is to get someone who can get rid of his counters and the like and sweep. Grass is resisted by so much though and isnt the best move to spam on a Scarf set so I wonder if bulky eviolite atker with maybe Max speed to prevent certain revenge killers from ending your sweep.

had to make an account just to post this http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/fu-201270703 servine 6-0's a team, idk why the seviper didn't hae infiltrator
And? The guy you where facing did not exactly have a great team, (suicide lead on balance with defog wtf) and his team was super weak to many of the powerful setup sweepers in the tier.

In other news, there needs to be an update to the viability rankings asap, will post options later

Gary

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
And? The guy you where facing did not exactly have a great team, (suicide lead on balance with defog wtf) and his team was super weak to many of the powerful setup sweepers in the tier.

In other news, there needs to be an update to the viability rankings asap, will post options later
I added in a whole bunch of new Pokemon and removed all the Sticky Webbers minus Leavanny (because it's an okay offensive mon). Also I moved a few other shit up and down to reflect the new bans. Feel free to post about it here now that the Piratepad isn't working for some reason.

Oh you did add some shit? Nice
Also I dont think monferno is D-rank material, It has a solid STAB combo and overall ok speed and offensive stats, and thanks too high BP moves it hits about as hard as gabite. Both choice and Eviolite are good in this meta, Scarf is a cool revenge killer (but looses to gabite :[ ) Eviolite gives it some passible bulk and lets you deal with Gogoat's EQ if it has not BU yet. LO looks good on paper but idk
move to B- atleast pls

Girafarig is good, NP makes a good cleaner against balance/bulky offensive thanks to amazing coverage and ok speed tier, being immune agains ghost AND grass lets it set up on Gourgeist, Quilladin and Servine (modest +2 HP ground does 42% max) B looks fair

Add gastly and mienfoo to D (mabye C) for being ok scarfers thanks to immunities (Gastly) or for having the hardest hitting fighting move in the tier (mienfoo)

Also, what is regi doing at A-? I know it is bulky af and can negate slow start with status, but it seem more like a B or B- pokemon if anything becasue of how passive it is

Sawsbuck looks like it could move to S also because SD sets are unwallabe and standard LO rapes Balanced cores. Sun is really strong and buck can then run adamant LO, which makes offensive teams cry.

Random mons that I think should be ranked aswell (especially bold ones)
Tentacool
Drillbur
Corpish
Abra
Foongus
Porygon
Trubbish
Pikachu

252 SpA Life Orb Technician Persian Covet vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 122-146 (35.7 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Persian Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 144-172 (42.2 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
not really, adn you can get a stronger fake out/U-turn with atk investment obv, Covet is for the funny NP set perisan can run.
...did i miss something or am i just too tired? pretty sure covet is physical O_O

...did i miss something or am i just too tired? pretty sure covet is physical O_O
It is.

Add gastly and mienfoo to D (mabye C) for being ok scarfers thanks to immunities (Gastly) or for having the hardest hitting fighting move in the tier (mienfoo)
Seconding this. I've seen several players use Gastly to great effect, and I've used Mienfoo myself and found it usable.

Also, what is regi doing at A-? I know it is bulky af and can negate slow start with status, but it seem more like a B or B- pokemon if anything becasue of how passive it is
It can use its bulk to build power with Power-Up Punches instead of sitting around, but I do agree A- might be a little high for it. I'd personally say B+ though.

Last edited:
For anyone making a team in FU, I made this handy cheat sheet. Approved by Halcyon., format by galbia, based on Magnemite's PU Speed Tier thread.

Note: This list only includes pokemon that are listed C or higher in the FU viability rankings.

Stat / Pokemon / Base / Nature / EVs / Boost

Tier 0 - Higher than Max Base 115 (362 and higher)

718 / Swoobat / 114 / +Spe / 252 / +2
590 / Golduck / 85 / +Spe / 252 / +2
546 / Kingler / 75 / +Spe / 252 / +2
518 / Drifblim / 80 / Neutral / 252 / +2
508 / Electabuzz / 105 / +Spe / 252 / +1
502 / Carvahna / 65 / +Spe / 252 / +2
496 / Simisage / 101 / +Spe / 252 / +1
483 / Frogadier / 97 / +Spe / 252 / +1
470 / Seaking / 68 / Neutral / 252 / +2
442 / Golduck / 85 / +Spe / 252 / +1
436 / Beartic, Bellosom / 50 / +Spe / 252 / +2
433 / Gabite / 82 / +Spe / 252 / +1
433 / Yanma / 85 / Neutral / 252 / +1
427 / Unfezant / 93 / Neutral / 252 / +1
426 / Staravia / 80 / +Spe / 252 / +1
418 / Dwebble / 55 / Neutral / 252 / +2
416 / Electrode / 140 / +Spe / 252 / +0
409 / Kingler / 74 / +Spe / 252 / +1
406 / Huntail / 52 / Neutral / 252 / +2
406 / Krokorok / 74 / +Spe / 252 / +1
403 / Golduck / 85 / Neutral / 252 / +1
398 / Beartic, Bellosom, Klang / 50 / Neutral / 252 / +2
393 / Butterfree / 70 / +Spe / 252 / +1
384 / Fraxure / 67 / +Spe / 252 / +1
376 / Carvahna, Seviper / 65 / +Spe / 252 / +1

Tier 1 - Max Base 93 to Max Base 115 (361-314)

361 / Persian / 115 / +Spe / 252 / 0
359 / Swoobat / 114 / +Spe / 252 / 0
355 / Purugly / 112 / +Spe / 252 / 0
348 / Magcargo / 30 / +Spe / 252 / +2
343 / Lampent / 55 / +Spe / 252 / +1
339 / Electabuzz / 105 / +Spe / 252 / 0
337 / Meowstic / 104 / +Spe / 252 / 0
335 / Emolga / 103 / +Spe / 252 / 0
333 / Furfrou / 102 / +Spe / 252 / 0
331 / Simipour, Simisage, Simisear / 101 / +Spe / 252 / 0
328 / Dodrio, Fearow, Linoone, Slaking, Regigigas / 100 / +Spe / 252 / 0
328 / Whiscash / 60 / Neutral / 252 / +1
328 / Seviper / 65 / Neutral / 212 / +1
324 / Swanna / 98 / +Spe / 252 / 0
322 / Frogadier, Raticate / 97 / +Spe / 252 / 0
321 / Scraggy / 48 / +Spe / 252 / +1
317 / Diglett / 95 / +Spe / 252 / 0

Tier 2 - Max Base 65 to Max Base 93 (313-252)
313 / Unfezant / 93 / +Spe / 252 / 0
311 / Leavanny / 92 / +Spe / 252 / 0
299 / Linoone / 100 / Neutral / 252 / 0
295 / Golduck / 85 / +Spe / 252 / 0
289 / Gabite / 82 / +Spe / 252 / 0
289 / Yanma / 85 / Neutral / 252 / 0
289 / Diglett / 95 / Neutral / 252 / 0
289 / Whirlipede / 47 / Neutral / 252 / +1
285 / Unfezant / 93 / Neutral / 252 / 0
284 / Staravia / 80 / +Spe / 252 / 0
273 / Delibird, Kingler / 75 / +Spe / 252 / 0
272 / Klang / 50 / Neutral / 0 / +2
269 / Articuno, Golduck / 85 / Neutral / 252 / 0
265 / Servine / 83 / Neutral / 252 / 0
262 / Butterfree, Noctowl, Solrock / 70 / +Spe / 252 / 0
259 / Drifblim / 80 / Neutral / 252 / 0
256 / Fraxure / 67 / +Spe / 252 / 0

Tier 3 - Neutral Base 85 to Max Base 65 (251-207)

251 / Carvahna, Chimecho, Flareon, Glaceon / 65 / +Spe / 252 / 0
247 / Krokorok / 74 / Neutral / 252 / 0
244 / Meowstic / 104 / Neutral / 0 / 0
240 / Furfrou / 102 / Neutral / 0 / 0
239 / Luxray / 70 / Neutral / 252 / 0
236 / Fearow, Slaking, Regigigas / 100 / Neutral / 0 / 0
235 / Seaking / 68 / Neutral / 252 / 0
234 / Gourgeist-S / 99 / Neutral / 0 / 0
233 / Fraxure / 67 / Neutral / 252 / 0
231 / Mothim / 66 / Neutral / 252 / 0
229 / Glaceon, Seviper, / 65 / Neutral / 252 / 0
218 / Lumineon, Murkrow / 91 / Neutral / 0 / 0
218 / Beartic, Bellossom / 50 / +Spe / 252 / 0
214 / Scraggy / 48 / +Spe / 252 / 0
209 / Dwebble, Relicanth / 55 / Neutral / 252 / 0

Tier 4 - Neutral Base 60 to Neutral Base 85 (206-157)

206 / Articuno, Golduck / 85 / Neutral / 0 / 0
203 / Huntail / 52 / Neutral / 252 / 0
200 / Gabite / 82 / Neutral / 0 / 0
199 / Beartic, Klang / 50 / Neutral / 252 / 0
196 / Arbok / 80 / Neutral / 0 / 0
196 / Shedinja / 40 / +Spe / 252 / 0
195 / Scraggy / 48 / Neutral / 252 / 0
193 / Whirlipede / 47 / Neutral / 252 / 0
186 / Anorith / 75 / Neutral / 0 / 0
176 / Natu, Politoed, Solrock, Tentacool / 70 / Neutral / 0 / 0
174 / Gourgeist-L / 69 / Neutral / 0 / 0
174 / Magcargo / 30 / +Spe / 252 / 0
172 / Gogoat, Seaking / 68 / Neutral / 0 / 0
167 / Seviper / 65 / +Spe / 4 / 0
166 / Glaceon / 65 / +Spe / 4 / 0
164 / Regigigas (Slow Start) / 100 / +Spe / 252 / 0
157 / Zweilous / 58 / Neutral / 20 / 0

Tier 5 - Neutral Base 60 and lower (156 and lower)

156 / Lapras, Marshtomp, Whiscash, Vullaby / 60 / Neutral / 0 / 0
152 / Wartortle, Zweilous / 58 / Neutral / 0 / 0
150 / Quilladin / 57 / Neutral / 0 / 0
146 / Dwebble, Lampent, Swalot / 55 / Neutral / 0 / 0
136 / Klang, Metang, Bellosom / 50 / Neutral / 0 / 0
126 / Magnemite, Octillery, Wigglytuff / 45 / Neutral / 0 / 0
118 / Regigigas (Slow Start) / 100 / Neutral / 0 / 0
116 / Lairon, Sandshrew, Snover / 40 / Neutral / 0 / 0
108 / Wormadam / 36 / Neutral / 0 / 0
106 / Clefairy / 35 / Neutral / 0 / 0
103 / Lampent (0 IV) / 55 / -Spe / 0 / 0
100 / Hippopotas / 32 / Neutral / 0 / 0
96 / Bastiodon, Lickitung, Magcargo, Sudowoodo / 30 / Neutral / 0 / 0
86 / Octillery (0 IV) / 25 / -Spe / 0 / 0
85 / Gigalith / 45 / Neutral / 0 / 0
82 / Spritzee / 23 / Neutral / 0 / 0
66 / Slowpoke / 15 / Neutral / 0 / 0
49 / Dusclops (0 IV) / 25 / -Spe / 0 / 0

Last edited:

Gary

This is a really cool post man, and it's definitely a huge help for people who are new to the tier and don't really know the speed tiers very well. There are a shit ton of things that speed creep each other and sit in very similar Speed tiers so this could also help people design better custom spreads. Good work!

Gary

A lot of people are really underestimating Regigigas. Yes it looks like complete AIDS on paper, but in battle it's actually extremely annoying and it can do a hell of a lot of work before Slow Start even ends. In fact, I feel like people focus way too much on getting Slow Start to end that they forget just how much utility Regigigas has. Sub / Thunder Wave / Drain Puch / Return is definitely it's most common set and arguably its best. Because of its incredible bulk, it's able to set up a Sub very easily and protect itself from status, and because of how passive the defensive Pokemon in the tier are, it's very hard for them to break its Subs without Roar or Perish Song. Although against offensive teams is struggles to find opportunities to get behind a Sub, it's so bulky that it is nearly impossible to 2HKO, allowing it to basically spam T-wave to it hearts content in order to slow everything down and potentially make way for a teammate to sweep. If your team is weaker to bulkier teams, Knock Off can replace T-wave which allows it to cripple the fuck out of them and allows it to clean up very easily once Slow Start ends. I don't have much experience with it, but I've seen it action plenty of times, and it's very solid. Don Honchkrorleone has a LOT of experience with it though so he can say more about it if he wants.

Girafarig is definitely B worthy because yea it can set up on some cool things and it's a pretty cool cleaner. It can also Baton Pass to shit like Simisear or Electabuzz if it wants to. Swoobat is the better CM cleaner overall, but it's comparable to Grumpig because both are cool in how they can set up on certain threats, while still being effective sweepers for bulkier teams.

what are your thoughts on Water + Freeze Dry coverage mons (Articuno, Vaniluxe and Lapras) in FU?
Articuno is one of the best overall Pokemon in the tier. It's very bulky, strong, and decently fast. Outside of Steel-types, it's very difficult to wall, and with Agility it can clean up teams with ease. Lapras is also pretty cool, as it is even bulkier and has a useful immunity to Water-type moves. A Curse RestTalk set with Avalanche is pretty cool, as is a HydraRest with Waterfall, although I prefer the former. And of course, an all out attacker tank set is a solid option as well, but it's pretty team dependent, because Cuno is usually better made for the job. To be honest, I see no reason to use Vanilluxe in FU. As an Ice-type it just seems completely ouclassed by Articuno. I mean yea it hits a lot harder right off the bat, but it lacks the bulk that Lapras and Cuno have, as well as the movepool. It just seems kind of lackluster. Maybe a mixed attacker set with Ice Shard and Explosion would work? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)