ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, how do you think the Diancienite will be obtainable? Will it be an event for ORAS like Diancie itself, or something unlockable in-game ala the Gracidea, Reveal Glass, or DNA Splicers? I personally think that it'll be something in-game you can get any time as long as you have an event Diancie.
I'm thinking something like the Zoroark event you could activate with the shiny Gen II beasts in BW. In some random spot in ORAS they'll be a tiny side story/event you can play out if you have your Diancie in your party.

I'm trying to remember which TM's we lost in the generational shuffle, but the only one I can think of is Work Up.

Usually if we get new move tutors they tend to draw from TM's we had but lost at some point (although there are big exceptions). But based on the data mine I doubt there would be many more (perhaps just two to replace dark pulse and sleep talk).

I'm trying to remember which TM's we lost in the generational shuffle, but the only one I can think of is Work Up.

Usually if we get new move tutors they tend to draw from TM's we had but lost at some point (although there are big exceptions). But based on the data mine I doubt there would be many more (perhaps just two to replace dark pulse and sleep talk).
I would've guessed Shock wave and Water pulse, but they're already tutors...

People discussing about grinding for XP, have you forgotten the Super Secret Bases? If the battles there give experience like in the originals, we will have an unlimited amount of XP available. It will be sweet if we can do triple battles there, imagine bringing your baby pokemon plus Mega Glalie and Normal Gem Snorlax and defeating a team of lvl 100 Blisseys, insta-level 50 in two turns.
I have a much better and easier idea than going boom: Healing Wish Blissey. It knocks itself out and does nothing to you. Combine that with something like Mega Heracross or anything else with Close Combat and you will just decimate the Blissey team in no time with very little effort (especially since Blissey is easy enough to get to level 100).

I just hope Game Freak isn't going to be lazy and not create more Mega Evolutions for ORAS. I have a feeling there are more, though. They basically threw whatever they had complete at the time into the demo.
If 19 (21 if you count the Latis) new Megas and two Primals are considered lazy, I would hate to see what active would be like.

I find an easy way to find which TMs we lost is just to go to Mew's XY Serebii page. Judging by that, we lost...
Telekinesis, Work Up, Pluck, Ally Switch, Focus Punch, Water Pulse, Bullet Seed, Shock Wave, Secret Power, Brine, Endure, Silver Wind, Avalanche, Captivate, Natural Gift, Whirlpool, and Defog (COME BACK TO US BBY). Three of these are confirmed to be tutors in ORAS. (y u no defog)
This doesn't include moves that have lost their TM status but were in BW2's tutors, such as Iron Tail and Dragon Pulse.

To be fair, that's a large number of highly obsessive nerds* who don't have to program them or create new models for them. That makes it easier to create a large number of Megas than Game Freak can. Also, I don't think Game Freak wants everything to have a Mega right now (what will they do for future games?).

*Not an insult coming from me. Especially since that describes me. So no one take that the wrong way.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Unless trading is completely disallowed until beating Roxanne, I doubt we won't be able to trade with XY for any amount of time - they're really pushing connectivity this gen and we were allowed to trade with DPPt at the same time we were allowed to trade with other HGSS carts in HGSS.
My guess is that once you get the PokeNav you'll be allowed to start trading between games (including XY as I see no reason to disallow trading with it. Any Pokemon you get outside of the Hoenn Dex would just unlock a very empty National Dex mode).

If 19 (21 if you count the Latis) new Megas and two Primals are considered lazy, I would hate to see what active would be like.
I'm more disappointed that, if the data does contain all the Mega Pokemon there will be, they revealed all the Mega Pokemon before the game was made. They could have (tried) to keep some secret. Hoopa getting an alternate form was a nice surprise though, but it was the only surprise.

My guess is that once you get the PokeNav you'll be allowed to start trading between games (including XY as I see no reason to disallow trading with it. Any Pokemon you get outside of the Hoenn Dex would just unlock a very empty National Dex mode).

I'm more disappointed that, if the data does contain all the Mega Pokemon there will be, they revealed all the Mega Pokemon before the game was made. They could have (tried) to keep some secret. Hoopa getting an alternate form was a nice surprise though, but it was the only surprise.
Well they also shouldn't have revealed mega camerupt, sharpedo, metagross or gallade but alas

I wouldn't count on non-Hoenn Dex Pokémon to unlock the National Dex mode as it didn't in any of the games in Gens IV, V, or VI.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
So, apparently the Nintendo e-newsletters must be sending out more ORAS demo codes, because they just sent me one. lol

Since I redeemed the one from the PCT newsletter way back, I have no use for it. If someone still hasn't received one, PM me and I'll pass the code along.

Claimed

Last edited:
So, apparently the Nintendo e-newsletters must be sending out more ORAS demo codes, because they just sent me one. lol

Since I redeemed the one from the PCT newsletter way back, I have no use for it. If someone still hasn't received one, PM me and I'll pass the code along.
Same here. If my cousin has one, I'll give it away.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So... wondering where this is, since I don't recall seeing it in the original RS (3:23):

Looks like the desert, but I'm not sure.

Karxrida

Eventide (art by @kzhjp)
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So... wondering where this is, since I don't recall seeing it in the original RS (3:23):

Looks like the desert, but I'm not sure.
Don't know where it could be, but it might be where we change Deoxys' formes.

You get a brief glimsp of what appears to be the Abandoned Ship early on, and it looks huge (and amazing) compared to the original. Good to know it wasn't removed like some of us feared, because wrecked ships are inheirently awesome set pieces.

You get a brief glimsp of what appears to be the Abandoned Ship early on, and it looks huge (and amazing) compared to the original. Good to know it wasn't removed like some of us feared, because wrecked ships are inheirently awesome set pieces.
Now I'm super confused. The Abandoned Ship doesn't have location data, and Sea Mauville is where the Scanner conversation takes place. I even guessed a few pages back that Sea Mauville was just replacing it in area and gameplay purpose, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see what they're doing -- whether Sea Mauville is the Abandoned Ship, it's replacing it, or whatever else is happening.

This is surprising to me, tbh. Still excited to see where this goes.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
There's also this trailer showing what could be the entrance to the Seafloor Cavern and Mt. Chimney:

Oh, and looks like a week ago they uploaded a trailer of the 2nd Mega Evolution special revealing, yes, Mega Rayquaza is in it (as well as Lysandre):

I also received another ORAS demo code today from the Nintendo newsletter. I already redeemed the one I received last week, so if somebody still needs one, you can have it.

The trailer didn't have anything groundbreaking, but seeing your character Mega Evolve Latios while riding it in the air was pretty awesome.

We're 3 weeks and 2 days away from the full game release... so close!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)