ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
To be fair, the Battle Tents were never touted as the greatest successes to come from Emerald outside of the actual facilities and the plot, while Contests actually were rather successful. In that regard, even if the BF does make a return, I would be surprised if they actually considered bring back the tents as well. Besides, with everything unique to RS (Wallace as the gym leader, the lack of any indication that Groudon will be in Mt. Chimney, the screenshots supporting the idea that we'll end up siding with one of the teams, and so on), it was always fairly evident that ORAS would follow RS more religiously than Emerald, if only during the main game. The post game, on the other hand, is free for them to do whatever they want with it, whether it remains faithful to the originals or not. We're going into space now, aren't we?

This being said, I'm not going to take the absence of Scott as the guarantee that the idea of the Frontier is dead. The demo dumps indicated a Battle Resort; as we don't know whether it's another Maison, a Tower remake, or a fully fledged battle facility, the only thing that we can say from his absence is that his character isn't as relevant to the post game as it was in Emerald, if it is at all.

Also, Karxrida, while I do agree with you about the handling of spoilers, I feel that I should say that it's not that easy. The trouble, at least for me, was when my own damnable curiosity overpowered my resolve to avoid everything relating to the demo spoilers, something that I still haven't forgiven it for; I'm sure that I'm not the only one. But yeah, if you're still here, even after the mess with the demo last month, then you shouldn't be complaining about spoilers. If you still don't want them, then just back out now until you can get the game yourself. If you're like me, though, and your curiosity is strangling you for control, then just take everything you see with a pinch of salt, and tell yourself that it's just the internet, and that nothing on the internet relating to 4Chan (and remember, every leak is from 4Chan) is actually true, and it might help take the edge off. Remember, we're in the final stretch now; it'll all be over soon.

Just take my money already, Nintendo. Please.

Stupid Late-Night-Before-Test anxiety. I'm rambling.
I edited that part out of my post because I realized I was being a huge asshole about it, lol. But yeah the spoiler ship sailed a long time ago.

Only images of tutors I've seen were for the elemental Hyper Beams and Pledge moves, not exactly the tutors people are waiting for.
We know tutors are back. They're in the data, alongside some new tutors for the TMs lost in the generations since 3.
If they aren't here they're probably in the Battle Resort.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I like to think about the postgame battle facilities this way:

- There MUST be a place in game where players can acquire BPs
- The word 'Resort' implies an area, unlike just one building like 'Tower' or 'Maison'
- Game Freak seemed pretty adamant about covering the location where BF used to be on the map (which they also did for Pt and HGSS)
- The only place to obtain some of the Secret Base items shown in the trailers have been from the BF in Emerald

Last edited:
I like to think about the postgame battle facilities this way:

- There MUST be a place in game where players can acquire BPs
- The word 'Resort' implies an area, unlike just one building like 'Tower' or 'Maison'
- Game Freak seemed pretty adamant about covering the location where BF used to be on the map (which they also did for Pt and HGSS)
- The only place to obtain some of the Secret Base items shown in the trailers have been from the BF in Emerald
I look forward to the Battle Maison's tropical revamp, too.

What if the new Battle Resort thing includes the original Battle Frontier :> (and more?)

... I'm getting so desperate for BF at this point

It'll be a huge disappointment for me if Battle Factory and Pyramid aren't included.

RSE are the only Pokemon games I played so far, and I'm very excited for ORAS, but if I had a choice between a remade BF and every new feature in ORAS, I'd take BF in a heartbeat.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm very excited for ORAS, but if I had a choice between a remade BF and every new feature in ORAS, I'd take BF in a heartbeat.
I could not agree more. Most of the other new features are novelties with perhaps the exception of Wifi contests. (And not those shitty super contests from DPPt which butchered the appeals round and included some dumb dress up round and dancing.) Everything else I don't anticipate spending a lot of time on so it'll be just another conduit for my online battling.

Why even bother trying to be competitive ingame without Battle Frontier? Just transfer to ORAS and Battle Spot,without any Battle Frontier :(

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So, aside from the Battle Maison (sorry guys, GameFreak seem pretty adamant about not having ANYTHING from Emerald in the remakes because... well honestly I'd say due to time. They pushed these games out pretty quickly. Being Nintendo is now starting to experiment with DLC we could get it in an expansion pack), what else would be in the Battle Resort if the Move Tutors are in Mauville?

*Conspiracy Keanu* What if Gamefreak is deliberately withholding stuff we want to see like more megas and battle frontier to make a Delta Emerald DLC pack later.
I know there is some quote from GF (or was it nintendo) saying how they won't stoop so low and milk the DLC model like games in PS and XBox, but hey, $$ is $$.

Edit: literally greninja'ed as I was mulling over my choice of words lol

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It's there in Mauville, but it's closed down indefinitely.
They didn't replace it with something? Why add it if they're not going to use it, especially when they redid the entirety of Mauville?

Senior Developer: Okay, how is new Mauville looking? Did you make sure to include everything from the original Mauville?
Intern: Yup, except for the Game Corner. Gambling laws and all.
SD: What? Put it in.
Intern: You want to put it back in? But what about the gambling laws?
SD: Well don't make it functional then.
Intern: What? But what's the point? We can use that space for something else. Of if we're going to include it why not put in new non-gambling mini-games, or at the very least Voltorb Flip.
SD: NAW! All that would take development time. Just put it in and have a character say it's indefinitely closed down.
Intern: But why?
SD: Because it was there in the original game so we can now say its in the new game. It's all about nostalgia.
Intern: ... If it's all about nostalgia then we did we completely redo Mauville City?
SD: Because these are new games. Look, do what I say, it makes perfect sense in the long run. Who'll honestly complain?

He found the Mawilite ingame? Hello S Rank. And welcome to hell for the Elite Four when I bring Mega Mawile. First Mega Lati@s and now Mega Mawile? Dang.

I hope they aren't pulling the whole Manectric&Houndoom thing from XY. That was a dick move.

But anyway as badly as I want the BF to return it won't be a deal breaker for me if they don't bring it back. Unlike a lot of you I have never been able to fully complete the Pokedex, so the sheer number of post game legendaries will keep me very busy.

Bad (and good) news from a reviewer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dompeppiatt/status/534720436488404992

For reference, his first tweet said the BF isn't in the game, but NPCs at the resort (which I'd basically the Battle Tower, I assume) mention that something is being built. He takes this to believe that the Frontier will eventually be made as DLC.

I can buy this. Perhaps GF couldn't fit the BF in due to time constraints. Additionally, calling it a resort when it only has a Tower seems silly to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)