Yeah, with a great Psychic defensive core in Mew + Slowbro, wallbreakers are natural partners for them. Enter Mega-Medicham which can just about annihilate every defensive wall sans a precise Sableye (WoW). If not enough, it has Hoopa-U to work with to break past other walls, and then have 2 more Pokemon to round the team out. With that, people can have a nice, balanced team. I don't know how many months ago, but I got fed up with it. Just didn't wanna deal with it anymore, so I slapped on insta-win Mega-Sharpedo on my Water teams, specifically my SS teams since it fit the hyper offensive nature of the team more than Mega-Gyarados. Haven't looked back since. Hoping to spread more usage.
Charybdis (Sharpedo-Mega) @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Ice Fang
The set is kind of self explanatory. Spam Crunch. Every standard Pokemon on Psychic basically dies except Slowbro, which has a 37.5% chance (if max hp + def) of being OHKO'd after SR. Slowbro is not really a threat anyway if its attacking moves are Scald, Flamethrower, and Psyshock. Substitue also allows it to get past TWave. In that same line, Sub + Protect lets you nab a +2 speed boost in a myriad of scenarios vs Psychic for a better chance at sweeping. Ice Fang is on the last slot to give you some sort of coverage and abuse Strong Jaws at the same time. This is specialized for Psychic. Don't expect much against other types.
- Slowbro with Grass Knot - this can deal damage upwards of 75% and might kill you in tandem with Rocky Helmet. Worse if you switched into SR.
- Random Colburs - Slowbro is the worst abuser, but it can sometimes be on Mew and Latias. The former isn't a problem unless it's running Aura Sphere/Thunderbolt because Sub/Protect lets you scout out the WoW. Latias can be taken down with Ice Fang after SR assuming Latias has 0 EVs in HP and Defense.
- Crazy spreads & sets - These are probably the least prominent threat, but it's something to watch out for. Only experience or some crazy sixth sense is gonna allow you to get around this.
- Strong Jaws is a 1.5x boost and its crazy powerful with Crunch. If you're unfamiliar with Sharpedo-Mega, make use of the damage calc because the damage output is ridiculous.
- 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Excadrill: 342-403 (94.7 - 111.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
- 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 301-355 (42.7 - 50.4%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
- -1 252+ Atk Strong Jaw Mega Sharpedo Crunch vs. 252 HP / 152+ Def Staraptor: 153-180 (40.9 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
tired of the standard Psychic teams