ORAS OU Role Compendium v2

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
yeah Moxie is other setup. It should stay as Pursuit imo because Pursuit helps you against some pokemon afraid of Sucker Punch and if they are not the most bulky (Lati for example) you get a free kill + Moxie boost. Pursuit + Sucker Punch + Brave Bird + Heat Wave / Icy Wind is a pretty cool set to use in OU

p2

Banned deucer.
Hoopa's finally out so I can add it. Is CM relevant on it or is it just mainly Nasty Plot?

requesting this thread to be stickied because it will motivate hmb to implement more things and is a great tool for assisting good teambuilding.

Human Mystery Box, please add:
- tyranitar to suicide leads (focus sash) as it beats a handful of opposing hyper offense leads, can set up rocks, and net some crucial damage early game. ex. hitting keldeo with thunder or ice beam on garchomp to help a mega scizor sweep.
- mew to suicide leads as it has a great niche in being able to set up rocks, use tailwind, and go out with normal gem explosion without forfeiting any momentum. the last moveslot adds to its unpredictability as it can use taunt, will-o-wisp, or an attacking move to beat a common lead of the opponent (ex. aura sphere to kill bisharp)
- klefki to suicide leads. i think this is fairly obvious - spikes / dual screens + fairy lock
- uxie to suicide leads. it has access to dual screens, stealth rock, and memento which grants easy set-up opportunities for teammates.
- thundurus and klefki to priority
- mega swampert and quagsire to curse since they're no worse than snorlax lel
- mega aerodactyl to trappers

also please remove crawdaunt from dragon dance lol. its awful and still slow at +1. doesn't even outspeed keldeo rofl

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hoopa u should be added to offensive pivots because of its AV set, jirachi to wish users, also why tf isnt gengar under wallbreakers

MikeDawg

Banned deucer.
I think that it would be helpful to have these (relatively loosely) based on viability (like ctc's compendium).

Otherwise it is imo more efficient to just use the viability thread to eyeball each role (ie. if looking for a stealth rock mon, it is easier to run down the viability list, see garchomp in a+, and pick that)

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Change the link of the terminology thing to my thread, as it's more up-to-date and contains more relevant terminology.

• Starmie and Mega Sharpedo should go in wallbreakers. Starmie for its insane coverage and Mega Sharpedo for Strong Jaw + Crunch which 2HKOes even stuff like Mega Scizor and comes close to 2HKOing Ferrothorn. AoA Mega Sharpedo is an even better wallbreaker because it can use the extra coverage option very viably.
  • Mega Latios in Calm Mind users I guess. Extra bulk allows it to set up easier.
  • Uxie in Stealth Rock users please.
  • Virizion in Swords Dance users.
  • Venomoth in Quiver Dance users, next to Volcarona.
  • Tornadus in priority for Prankster Tailwind + Rain Dance. Also probably add it in rain setters, along with Azelf.
  • Stoutland in trappers (Pursuit).
That's all I got for now. Went through some E rank Pokemon because I saw you implemented a few of them but not all.

AraEDIT: Venomoth is no longer ranked, so it shouldn't be put here.

Last edited by a moderator:

p2

Banned deucer.
Change the link of the terminology thing to my thread, as it's more up-to-date and contains more relevant terminology.

• Starmie and Mega Sharpedo should go in wallbreakers. Starmie for its insane coverage and Mega Sharpedo for Strong Jaw + Crunch which 2HKOes even stuff like Mega Scizor and comes close to 2HKOing Ferrothorn. AoA Mega Sharpedo is an even better wallbreaker because it can use the extra coverage option very viably.
  • Mega Latios in Calm Mind users I guess. Extra bulk allows it to set up easier.
  • Uxie in Stealth Rock users please.
  • Virizion in Swords Dance users.
  • Venomoth in Quiver Dance users, next to Volcarona.
  • Tornadus in priority for Prankster Tailwind + Rain Dance. Also probably add it in rain setters, along with Azelf.
  • Stoutland in trappers (Pursuit).
That's all I got for now. Went through some E rank Pokemon because I saw you implemented a few of them but not all.

AraEDIT: Venomoth is no longer ranked, so it shouldn't be put here.
I'll update the thread once a mod can delete the first 5 posts as I forgot to reserve a second post like a dumbass, because right now I'm really close to the 65000 limit.

Some things that should be added imo:
  • Mega Steelix to sand abusers (and maybe Garchomp/Gliscor with Sand Veil)
  • Vanilla Sableye to priority
  • Hoopa-C to Nasty Plot users
  • Azumarill to PuP users
  • Mew to SD
  • Mega Banette to Mega Pokemon
  • Yanmega to Speed Boost
  • Mega Latios to DD users? (kinda garbage but has it)
  • Tentacruel to rain abusers? (Rain Dish is generally more useful than Clear Body/Liquid Ooze)
EDIT: I meant to say Rain Dish should be used if you're using Tenta on rain, but I guess I just didn't explain it well

Last edited:
Reactions: p2

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Liquid Ooze is the first analysis slash because it fucks up Ferrothorn and Venusaur. Rain Dish can be used but Liquid Ooze is probably better because you're more likely to see Ferrothorn or Venusaur than a Rain team.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
But you can add whatever you think is legit regardless of viability rankings.

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
AM you said to say "please" when posting so here you go...

Can you "please" add Hydreigon to Tailwind users in Other Set Up, sounds dumb but it has caught many players off guard, and is good help for the rest of the team. Ask BlazeLatias about it :S

And can you "please" add Gourgeist to Physically Defensive walls.

Oh and also Mega Venusaur appears twice in Physically Defensive...

Last edited:
Would calm mind latios (so the life orb cm Draco psychic stab set) be worth adding to stall breakers?

Also maybe charizard x to swords dance?

Edit: please :]

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
i did it with the nu role compendium so i figured id do it here lol. organized the wallbreakers section into physical/special/mixed subsections :0
Wallbreakers:
physical:

special:

mixed:
cool stuff

also added choice band and specs users :O

MLopunny can be added to Work Up users
Gastrodon can be added to Curse users
Victini can be added to Work Up users
Maybe I haven't seen enough yet but is Work Up even relevant in OU? ( except Mega Pidgeot )
Curse Gastro seems alright in the replay though.

Last edited:
that set is gimmicky as hell and it shouldnt be added lol

as a general rule, try thinking about how this resource is first and foremost for new players. this thread is meant to show relevant threats to prepare for and/or use, and work up mega lopunny isnt a relevant threat lmao. this is like suggesting cosmic power clefable to be in set-up sweepers or sylv in clerics; it gives newer players the wrong idea

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)