ORAS OU Role Compendium v2

Zapdos could probably be added to defensive pivots. Perhaps specify that Celebi and Mew can pass plot and sd. I would specify Klefki, Banette, and Sableye use Prankster (Thund as well) for priority.

That's about all I see. Not sure why Mamo is listed as a mixed wallbreaker when Freeze Dry is only used to hit one or two specific targets. More of a lure imo as Freeze Dry is not integral to its wallbreaking capabilities.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mana should be added in wallbreakers, is his main role ,then also functions as stallbreaker ;)

i think we should put crobat in stallbreakers because fast bulky taunt is the best set, also we could remove latios and hoopa-u from stallberakers.

p2

Banned deucer.
Latios is a stallbreaker for its CM set which lets it setup on a bunch of common defensive mons and just breaks them with +1 Draco / Psyshocks. Hoopa-U is in a similar vein for its Nasty Plot / Substitute sets. I really don't know about Crobat though because I'd only use it for a fast Defog + Taunt, I wouldn't exactly try to whittle down defensive cores or anything with it, it's pretty much just an annoyance rather than a breaker honestly.

ik this isnt really necessary, but its been bothering me for a while that shit like megadino was in the same rank as mega altaria. like, what. (if i get shit for putting mega latios in unviable im gonna projectile vomit)

Mega Pokemon:

Viable:
(latias)

Niche:

Unviable:
(latios)

swords dance zardx breaks stall really easily considering goth cant trick it and quag is 2hkod by adamant outrage so it plows through it surprisingly easy. should be added to stallbreakers forsure imo

zardy is more gimmicky but physical zardy gives stall so much trouble its not even funny. it has an edge over zardy in that it can still 2hko everything on stall but it doesnt have to resort to using outrage to break thru quag thanks to solar beam. if you dont think its good, please try it out, iirc its in the creative/underrated sets thread. this thing absolutely trashes standard abr stall and is one of my favorite sets in this meta

Kingdra could be added to Mixed Wallbreakers, as the Life Orb set usually has double special STAB + Outrage and Waterfall or Ice Beam.
Infernape should be in Scarfers.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
At that point just use Azelf as a suicide lead. Scarf Infernape isn't fantasic, but it's also not completely outclassed.

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
I really like this compendium, helps me a lot with making OU Teams with unconventional Pokemon for unconventional roles. One suggestion of mine would be to extend the Weather section; Sun and Hail deserve to have some light shined on them, though they are the less viable two of the weather teams.

p2

Banned deucer.
idk if other weathers deserves a mention purely for the fact that sun is gonna be relegated to zard y / ninetails / venu because any other sun sweepers are total garbage, venu isnt that influencial on the meta either, and hail in general is just laughable because only aboma can set it up and nothing can abuse it apart from garbage like snow cloak froslass

Physical Tyranitar

formerly Marquis of Blaze
idk if other weathers deserves a mention purely for the fact that sun is gonna be relegated to zard y / ninetails / venu because any other sun sweepers are total garbage, venu isnt that influencial on the meta either, and hail in general is just laughable because only aboma can set it up and nothing can abuse it apart from garbage like snow cloak froslass
Yeah, to be frank, I guess you're right; Sun is too narrowed and Hail is just plain not viable.

p2

Banned deucer.
Due to request from some players, I decided to add Trick Room to this, despite being a pretty garbage playstyle imo.

It's still WIP, so I don't want any people going "add x, y, and z" until its out of WIP and then something that needs to be enforced is no nomming random shitmons that may work in Trick Room. If it's on the VR thread, I'm all for adding it, but if its not, you're gonna need some good explanation as to why I should even consider it because another point was brought up that people are just gonna mention garbage mons like Clawitzer for Trick Room despite it being total garbage.

im also gonna try finish this tomorrow and clean up the thing tomorrow if im not hungover as fuck

Last edited:
hey guys, i have a (probably controversial) suggestion. as this is a place for newer players to see what does what in the meta, i believe we should restrict the roles to exclude pokemon below c+ in the viability rankings (aka c or lower). the way i see it, we shouldnt really be encouraging newer players (the people this thread is meant for) to be using stuff like snorlax as a curse user, as it dilutes the idea of what to expect from what's good and what is. while i understand that all pokemon listed have niches, we should be encouraging inexperienced players to use arbitrary and niche mons. of course this would slim down sections like trick room drastically, but this is just kind of a casuality that doesnt really impact the greater good

i took the liberty of doing the first post in the suggested format to give an idea of what it would look like. of course its up to fleggumfl as to wether or not this will be implemented, but i just thought it would be best.

Mega Pokemon:
Viable:
(Latias)

Wallbreakers:
Physical:

Special:

Mixed:

Stallbreakers:
(Latias)

Walls:
Physically Defensive:

Specially Defensive:

Mixed:

Pivots:
Defensive:

Offensive:

Clerics:
Wish:

Heal Bell / Aromatherapy:

Healing Wish:

Spikes Users

Toxic Spikes Users:

Stealth Rock Users:

Suicide Leads:

Hazard Removal:
(Rapid Spin)
Defog)

Choice Users:
Choice Scarf:

Choice Band:

Choice Specs:

Priority:
(Sucker Punch)
(Aqua Jet)
(Mach Punch)
(Quick Attack)
(Extreme Speed)
(Ice Shard)
(Fake Out)
(Bullet Punch)
(Gale Wings)
(Shadow Sneak)
(Prankster)
(Vacuum Wave)
e: fixed some stuff i forgot

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
hey guys, i have a (probably controversial) suggestion. as this is a place for newer players to see what does what in the meta, i believe we should restrict the roles to exclude pokemon below c+ in the viability rankings (aka c or lower). the way i see it, we shouldnt really be encouraging newer players (the people this thread is meant for) to be using stuff like snorlax as a curse user, as it dilutes the idea of what to expect from what's good and what is. while i understand that all pokemon listed have niches, we should be encouraging inexperienced players to use arbitrary and niche mons. of course this would slim down sections like trick room drastically, but this is just kind of a casuality that doesnt really impact the greater good

i took the liberty of doing the first post in the suggested format to give an idea of what it would look like. of course its up to fleggumfl as to wether or not this will be implemented, but i just thought it would be best.

e: fixed some stuff i forgot
^

The stuff below c+ is borderline unviable anyways, in the sense their functions are so specific they can be considered for shits and giggles. Guys like myself can use w/e to justify a niche, newer players not so much.
yeah a bunch of ass mons are gone now but I've kept a few because some of them are actually ok at specific shit ie Torn-I on rain, Pangoro on TR etc

anyway trick room is mostly done now but I'm kinda surprised there's only 1 viable mixed abuser :o

edit: when I used to go to the ou room it was requested by a few people and so i thought why not. i mean, it's already at the very bottom so its not exactly something people are gonna want to use

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)