ORAS OU Role Compendium v2

please remove diggersby form spikes users, really you have 0 reasons to use it as a spikes setter, the only reason that may make sense is to set up against predicted switchs, but you can just run Knock off in the sd set and you have a way of kill yours counters(skarmory and gengar), also if you use spikes against skarmory, he can just defog it. also he lacks the bulk or speed to set up multiple spikes, and you will prefer to attack in every cenario. sry for my bad english, its not my native language.
For the same reasons i would remove Mega Beedrill from toxic spikes.
I mean, beedrill itself isn't a very viable pokemon, and already suffers from 4mss due to the forced protect and can't run knock off and drill run together.
Also, he already has adaptability u-turn to punish switches ,his bulk is pretty much inexistent and is weak to Stealth Rocks: this means that if your opponent's rocks are up, you can't switch in easily to set another layer.

Edit: why is bisharp listed as a suicide lead but not as a stealth rock user?

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
ok i think i've updated this and got rid of most trash, following the vr thread. kept a few oddballs around like nidoqueen in tox spike setters and some non ranked mons in trick room, but im thinking about just dropping trick room off this because its total garbage

ok i think i've updated this and got rid of most trash, following the vr thread. kept a few oddballs around like nidoqueen in tox spike setters and some non ranked mons in trick room, but im thinking about just dropping trick room off this because its total garbage
Pls remove diggersby from spikers

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Here are just a few things I want to request

• Remove unviable megas please ;-;
  • Kyub should be added to both special and physical wallbreakers since band and specs are strictly physical and special respectively.
  • Volc should be added to: offensive pivots (water absorb), phasers (last slot on offensive tank is toss up between toxic, roar, and haze), and Rain Abusers (or just put water types in general). R
  • Rhyperior should be added to band users since defensive is kinda meh and it hits incredibly hard, invalidating the ground switch in in the metagame that people currently use in landot and just generally hitting hard, being able to get a kill every time it comes in in both certain matchups as well as just vs weakened teams with shit like cune gone (who is 2hko'd after rocks lol).
  • Remove Diggersby from Spikers lol
  • Remove Nape from rockers/suicide leads since rocks sets are really lackluster and you really should be using either offensive (band, nasty plot, mixed attacker) or defensive (taunt wisp fighting stab slack) in the current meta.
This is all I can think of for now. :]

Last edited:
just a suggestion, but would it be wise to remove the more niche pokemon? an example is rhyperior being listed as a defensive pivot. it obv is a defensive pivot, but it's not a very good one in the current metagame. seeing as how this is a valuable resource for newcomers, they shouldn't be getting the wrong idea about what to use.

again it was purely a suggestion n_n

Reactions: p2

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Why is mega steelix listed as niche? What does it do as a wall that isn't done better by aggron and what does it do as a sand abuser that isn't done better by mega chomp? The extra ground typing is honestly more of a curse than a blessing for it, and most electrics carry something to hit steelix with anyways. I just can't think of any practical situation where I would ever want to use this in ou (a situation where I need a sand wallbreaker that doubles as a wall itself). Are there any examples of mega steelix actually being successful in ou? If not it should probably be moved to unviable

Why's Scizor / Mega Scizor listed as a Defog user? I know it gets Defog but Scizor generally has better things to do than Defog. Plus, Rocks setters generally beats it anyway.

Oh, and since when did Celebi run Stealth Rock? It is already strapped for moveslots with Thunder Wave, Baton Pass, Recover, HP Fire, Earth Power, Psychic, Nasty Plot and Giga Drain all having uses on it.

Why's Scizor / Mega Scizor listed as a Defog user? I know it gets Defog but Scizor generally has better things to do than Defog. Plus, Rocks setters generally beats it anyway.

Oh, and since when did Celebi run Stealth Rock? It is already strapped for moveslots with Thunder Wave, Baton Pass, Recover, HP Fire, Earth Power, Psychic, Nasty Plot and Giga Drain all having uses on it.
Celebi actually was a good Stealth Rock setter until all the big shifts and whatnot. Mega Scizor isn't a great Defogger, but in general it has Defog and could run it on a team that's appreciate, but otherwise it's not optimal

viability (of a set) shouldn't be a concern here, imo. this thread should aim to show roles and what viable / semi-viable pokemon fill those roles. yeah scizor isn't the best defogger (because it has other things to do lol), but it has a defog set that works, meaning it should be listed here.

i think in general with this and the checks compendium, niche options should be provided. some people have the concern that these are geared towards beginner-level players, so lower-viability pokemon will confuse them. if that's the case, just make a disclaimer that some of these pokemon are niche and link to VR thread to show them what's good.

edit: to provide something of more value, i think mega houndoom should drop to niche for megas. i think doom fits better in niche given its low placement in VR (and the fact that other mons / megas do what it does more efficiently).

Could Lati@s be added to pivots? After all, one of the biggest reasons to use them are their resistances and the switches they force.

cofag to special tr abusers and np users, np is fun and not completely awful
Bulk up mega medicham to Other set up (not amazing but neither is cm diancie so add it imo)
Mega beedrill to trappers (pursuit)
np infernape to np users and stallbreakers

e: oops forgot to say please

Last edited:
Are offense breakers (Lopunny, Manectric, Weavile, Talonflame, etc.) and balance breakers (Nidoking, SD LO Chomp, LO Alakazam, etc.) ever going to be listed here? I feel that if stallbreakers are a category of roles, then the other playstyles should get representation as well. I suppose there'd be a ton of overlap with balance breakers and wallbreakers, but more distinction can't hurt.

Are offense breakers (Lopunny, Manectric, Weavile, Talonflame, etc.) and balance breakers (Nidoking, SD LO Chomp, LO Alakazam, etc.) ever going to be listed here? I feel that if stallbreakers are a category of roles, then the other playstyles should get representation as well. I suppose there'd be a ton of overlap with balance breakers and wallbreakers, but more distinction can't hurt.
i think that if this is going to happen we need to rework the stallbreaker role. i remember that when i start to playing competitive(xy) a stallbreker was a mon that was able to beat stall mons by not allowing them to do their job(stall), but nowdays stall is always the same core: sab+chansey+skarm+quag+amoongus+Filler(slowbro/alomomola/unaware clef/cress/doublade/weavile/ttar/etc). so things like taunt+wow are not that great against stall nowdays, and some wallbreakers like mega heracross and CB kyube can be considered stallbreaker since they can beat that core with little help. if there is going to be roles for offense breakers and balance beakers i will list the mons that i think should be in the stall breakers role(mons that can beat that stall core):

mega gardevoir(it's a shitty one, since it's kinda struggle against chansey+Skarm)
RD+TG manaphy
talon(you have to choose between beat sab or quag, but with some help you can do great)
torn-t
Magma storm + taunt heatran
sub mega heracross
togekiss
CB tttar
subseed serperior
CB kyube
Crawdaunt
CM latios
Mega pidgeot
NP+CC infernape
SD mega chomp(it's hard beacuse you need the set-up and the sand at the same time to beat everything, and a scald burn from quag can destroy you)
sub+np hoopa-c
BD azu(you need something that can take quagsire and than you can sweep)
taunt mega gyara maybe, but amoongus+ skarm are a pain in the ass for him

i don't know where things like mew and jellicent would fit, but since mega sab can make them totally useless they are not good stallbeakers, the same thing goes to the bulky CM since they struggle with quag.

Last edited:

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think it'd be a good idea to include baton passers as a role since while it's risky, it can definitely pay off and though niche can be valuable to a team. I'd definitely put Celebi and Scolipede under baton passers, maybe Mew as well?

Replace Kyurem-B with Kyurem as a Choice Specs user, Kyurem hits harder and Specs KyuB is nothing more than a surprise gimmick.

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
please move mblastoise, msceptile, mvenu, mpidgeot, mswampert, mgallade, and mchomp to niche for megas.

i dont see the point of having a choice users section at all you dont build a team and think "fuck i forgot to add a specs/band/scarf user" thats just not how building works

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)