Other ORAS OU Sample Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
M-Altaria Sand H/O
Made by: Cypher Amir and Analytic

This team is a very successful team,I achieved reqs and got to 1650ish elo on the ladder.The idea is to let the team members break into other teams and then I proceed to sweep with my wincon,they're:M-Altaria,Excadrill,Talonflame and Dragonite.Tyranitar is usually my lead so that it can set up rocks and often surprises Landorus-T which isn't scarfed and Ferrothorn with Ice Beam and Fire Blast.Excadrill is there to set up an SD and then proceed to dent the opponent's team for the others to come in and sweep.Starmie is my spinner,went offensive because LO+ Analytic (see what I did there?) hits so hard.M-Altaria destroys H/O and dents balanced teams after a DD.Talonflame is there to set up an SD and sweep or revenge kill and Banded Dragonite to revenge kill.

Importable:
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

M-Altaria Sand H/O
Made by: Cypher Amir and Analytic

This team is a very successful team,I achieved reqs and got to 1650ish elo on the ladder.The idea is to let the team members break into other teams and then I proceed to sweep with my wincon,they're:M-Altaria,Excadrill,Talonflame and Dragonite.Tyranitar is usually my lead so that it can set up rocks and often surprises Landorus-T which isn't scarfed and Ferrothorn with Ice Beam and Fire Blast.Excadrill is there to set up an SD and then proceed to dent the opponent's team for the others to come in and sweep.Starmie is my spinner,went offensive because LO+ Analytic (see what I did there?) hits so hard.M-Altaria destroys H/O and dents balanced teams after a DD.Talonflame is there to set up an SD and sweep or revenge kill and Banded Dragonite to revenge kill.

Importable:
Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Earthquake
- Roost

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
I would prefer Lum berry DDance Dragonite in order to have away to deal with Breloom without either sacking a poke or forcing a poke to become sleep fodder

Last edited:
AIDS:

The AIDS user shares an AIDS team, but while it exists there's no reason not to abuse cancer-pass gimmicks and such unless you want to be a quality human being or some shit like that. Anyway, this team is based around the idea of passing Iron Defence and Speed Boosts to CroCune to make the annoying monster even more so; it also features other cancerous features such as Taunt Skill Swap suicide lead Azelf, Trick Scarf Torment Gothitelle, and Mementroll Whimsicott. The formula is pretty simple and generally goes in the order in which the team is arranged above, Azelf leads and gets up Rocks then blows up in something's face, I decided to sacrifice Fire Blast for Skill Swap to dick around with those Diancie and Shiny-eyeballs leads who try to Magic Bounce my Rocks, but I didn't want to sacrifice Taunt utility; Ferro counters can be dealt with after exploding when I get an easy switch into Goth. Goth comes it to ensure the removal of something, Trick Scarf is obvious, Torment gives me the ability to wear an opposing wall down with Struggle recoil much more easily and Taunt is for if they lock themselves into healing moves and I can't break through them. Whimsi is one of the most fun trolls around, being the fastest Prankster abuser in the game makes it quite a pestilence for most, allowing it to get up Subs before being Taunted, Leech Seed and wear opposing mons down to make them easier to remove later on, and once her usefulness in every other way has run its course then she Mementos and allows me an easy switch into Scolipede. Cancerpede sets up Iron Defence boosts to pass off to CroCune, CroCune being already fat as fuck physically can take a lot with some additional physical defence buffs; Speed Boost passes are obviously nice too to allow CroCune to sweep easier. CroCune fucks shit up, with additional Defence boosts, he can easily start setting up Calm Minds to start puffing up his SpD too making him very very tanky (Rest-Talk for healing and status curing is boss too), as well as the SpA boosts which help break through teams aided by the Speed Boosts. Lastly, Lop cleans up the smoking mess that was an opposing team, using her speed and power to mop up whatever's left. It's a nice and functional team, just don't expect anyone to like you for using it.
Azelf @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Skill Swap
- Explosion

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Psychic
- Torment
- Taunt

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Timid Nature
- Memento
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
Scolipede @ Mental Herb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Defense
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- Megahorn

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Last edited:

Amir

Banned deucer.
I
I would prefer Lum berry DDance Dragonite in order to have away to deal with Breloom without either sacking a poke or forcing a poke to become sleep fodder
It's an option but if you do feel like doing that... change Talonflame into banded if you want to run Lum, the reason for that is to just hit hard and get avoid being swept also works as an amazing late game sweeper.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mega Venusaur Balance

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Earthquake

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Bug] / Icy Wind

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic / Ancient Power
- Taunt / Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Foul Play
- Whirlwind

This is a pretty standard team that features the same FWG core as the M-Venusaur balance team on the previous page (and Mandibuzz too <.<) but I think it functions a little differently. So the general formula of this team is 3 offensive tanks, a special wall, a physical wall and a wallbreaker. Alright so I actually started off from the core of SD Gliscor + CM Clefable which is pretty nice on balance since both provide win cons with awesome longevity. Choice Specs Keldeo is the wallbreaker and Bisharp check. Heatran sets up Stealth Rock, checks Talonflame and provides some stallbreaking with Taunt. Mega Venusaur rounds off the FWG core with an offensive set that outspeeds Rotom-Ws who try to Volt Switch out. Mandibuzz is the defogger while providing another ground resist and finally gives the team something to deal with Mega Metagross (running full defense just for this). Ancient Power on Heatran is preferred for SpDef Taunt Talonflames, while Toxic and Taunt are more useful in most other situations. Keldeo's last moveslot is pretty open too but I'm currently running HP [Bug] as it hits many of Keldeo's switch-ins quite hard. Team's definitely a bit weak to Lando with HP Ice, Mega Metagross and Kyurem-Black, but they generally prefer a free switch in to wreak havoc since most of the pokemon on this team can hit these mons decently hard with the right coverage move.

Last edited:
The Mastermind

ArchPhantom (Garchomp) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

The Mastermind (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore
- Shadow Ball

Bludz (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Wond3rbread (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

JohnYiu (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey guys, here is a team that I recently reached #1 on the ladder with. It is basically a hyper-offensive team built around "The Mastermind," aka Mega Alakazam. MegaZam is a cool mon atm because it is nice vs ho teams, and balance doesn't have many switchins. I decided to pair it with a cb scizor, as it could help vs many fairies that zam struggles with, and serve as a mmeta switchin. I then opted for scarf lando-t since I wanted a ground immunity that could help with opposing scarf landos. After that, I needed a keldeo switchin who could pull its weight vs stall teams. Because of this, I added cm latios, it can perform well vs stall if you trap the gothitelle with scizor. Finally, I wanted a bisharp and scizor check who could help a little more vs stall teams. Taunt lo keld fit pretty well. Although it is unorthodox, I faced a ton of scizors on the ladder, so I opted for hp fire in the last moveslot. Overall, I feel like this is a great display of ho in the current meta, and it has ways to deal with opposing ho, balance, and stall. I also made an rmt of this, so you can check it out here.

Thanks so much for reading this, have a great day! :D

bludz

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay so since the new team archive got shut down I'm going to drop my team here instead since I already planned on sharing it.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Frustration
- Quick Attack
- Close Combat

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 248 SpA / 164 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 240 Atk / 16 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Tailwind

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

This team is based on the Mega Pinsir + Manaphy + Mamoswine core I posted in the good cores thread. Basic recap of the core: Pinsir checks Mega Lopunny, Serperior and chunky grass types like Mega Venusaur while Manaphy obliterates balance cores like Hippo/Ferro/Starmie and Mamo is the electric check, threatens genies and is generally difficult to switch into. Rain Dance can be used over HP [Fire] on Manaphy to become a status absorber and better deal with Stall but I'd recommend then putting HP [Fire] on Latios to help with Ferrothorn. Speaking of Latios it's the compulsory hazard remover with Tailwind in the last slot to help with hyper offense and weather sweepers, plus Mamo goes nuts with a Tailwind up. Heatran sets up SR, is the teams Talonflame check - running Ancient Power because F Stone Miss - and can check some other stuff like Excadrill if its balloon is intact. Scizor was added so that stuff like Mega Diancie and DD Altaria don't just steamroll the team. I originally had Knock Off > Pursuit but realized that Starmie spins too easily against Heatran and so I swapped it out to trap shit (thanks daftmau5 for this suggestion).

Mega Lopunny doesn't really have any switch-ins besides full HP Scizor or Pinsir but it can be handled primarily with priority attacks and Manaphy can weaken it if at full HP as well. Thundurus is annoying since Mamo is the electric check but can't switch into Focus Blast. Keldeo needs to be weakened so that Pinsir can revenge it since Manaphy and Latios have no recovery. Mega Metagross is a threat as always, weaken it with Scizor and ideally get a Tailwind up with Latios so that it can be more easily handled by other members of the team. Gyarados and Zard X should not be allowed to DD up, so attack while they set up and revenge using as much priority as necessary. Enjoy :)

Dunno if teams can be quick rated here but interesting offense Bludz, thundurus seems problematic though a simple set of tbolt knock sp/fblast is kinda an autopilot, I have also builded in the past around mana+mega pinsir and found tg wacan berry manaphy useful for lureing in thundurus and weaken/kill with ibeam or +3 scald and help mega pinsir.
Can't pass the importable/damage calc since I'm on cellphone but tbolt does 48-57 with wacan so if you have problems with him and don't want to change the team too much you can give wacan a try.

Fear of Vanilla:

Standard hyper offence team working with a bunch of common cores like Double Genie, Zard Y + Lando-I, Zard Y + Keldeo, Latios + Scizor, etc. It works mostly on a heavy offence-ish principal of just 6* sweeper/breaker so the ideal is just to clobber opposing teams really fucking hard to put it crassly.
Landorus sets hazards and is generally one of the two primary options as a lead to get hazards up early while piling on huge offensive pressure from the start because it's a fucking Lando. Thundy is another option thanks to his offensive presence and Prankster utility to Taunt any hazard setters or Paralyse any offensive threats my opponent would choose to lead with; T-Wave support is really valued especially by Zard Y who is notoriously tough to switch into and generally handle but is held back by his speed, so slowing down anything possible makes Zard's job much easier. Speaking of Zard, Vanilla after whom this team is named, his job is to just be a genocidal wallbreaker, hit massively hard and shatter teams to make it easier for one of my faster mons to clean up. Keldeo is a Bisharp check and a great revenger, Scarf gives her great speed to easily revenge any threat as well as threaten some other Scarfers this team would not enjoy like Lando-T and Heatran; Secret Sword support also helps a lot against Chansey who is quite an obstacle for a team this focused on special attackers so Keldeo was really a must. Latios provides Defog support which is very obviously necessary for a team with Zard Y on it as it has enough raw power and speed to hold up this team's offensive momentum very nicely, Draco helps crack through walls with it's massive power and Psyshock and Earthquake deal with special walls, the latter in particular intended for Heatrans who may be bothersome though Hidden Power Fire/Fighting or Roost is also optional. Lastly, Scizor comes as the only physical mon and the team's only source of priority, she's my best switch-in for Megagross it lets me check Fairies which I have no real coverage for on this team, though slapping Sludge Wave on Lando-I is an option if you wish, as well as providing U-Turn pivot support and Knock Off support to further help with the pink blobs who try to shit on my day.
This team obviously does have some pretty prominent weaknesses in the form of other offensive threats, namely Mega Lop, Talonflame and opposing Lando-I and Latios, but they can be handled; Lop can be dealt with with Keld and worn down throughout the course of the match, also doesn't appreciate a T-Wave, Talonflame is very hard-pressed to set up on anything so if this team is swept by a +2 Talonflame then it's my playing at fault because that shouldn't happen, and Lando-I is in the same boat as Talonflame in that it's hard-pressed to set up and isn't much of a major threat unless it does, if it's not RP hen there really shouldn't be much to worry about at all, Latios probably has to be the biggest problem for this team and is best handled by being T-Waved immediately, from then my own Latios or anything with HP Ice coverage can finish it off hopefully once its speed becomes less bothersome. So yeah, lot's of cores, lots of wallbreakers, all just about hitting hard as fuck.

Vanilla (Charizard-Mega-Y) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Earthquake
- Defog

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
had plans of sharing this in the bof archive, but alas, it was not meant to be i guess. sharing it anyways tho since its a personal favorite of mine.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Pretty good team I made a few months back that somehow still works now. Chomp is the lead that sets up rocks and cripples fat mons with Toxic, while annoying offense with its Rough Skin + Helmet combo. D Tail phazes shit too so dw about mons setting up on you if youre real. Gallade and Bisharp make that one offensive core, and one wallbreaks for the other to sweep. Usually Gallade breaks for Bisharp against offense while Bisharp breaks for Gallade against fatter teams. Keldeo was added to revenge kill stuff that got out of hand, and it also acts as a reliable check to Bisharp and Steels. Latios is here for Defog support while also being my fighter (aka Keldeo) check. It also nukes shit with Draco, while Roost lets it stay around longer when facing a fat team. Finally, Talonflame was added to clean up the mess. Jolly SD pretty much sweeps offense on its own, and fat teams cant do anything because the rest of the team should have broken the fat cores. Talon also serves as a decent check to CM Clef because what can it do lol. Also Talon rks mons that Keldeo / Bisharps sucker can't, such as Zard X or what have you.

stall is a bit annoying to this team, but it can usually be played around with lord plays. The biggest threat to this team is ironically Talonflame, but Chomp + your own talon should be able to handle most variants of it. Also rain / sand offense kinda shit on this team, but thats to be expected from a HO team so what can you do.

I used this team in all three rounds of OST that i was in, and it went 2 for 3. replays below if u wanna see how the team works:

1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-34819
2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-36181
3: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ou-37111

the variant there had Defensive lando t over chomp. both work, but i ultimately decided to go with chomp because it had more overall utility in checking bisharp while still doing well against birds and offense and the like. u turn is nice tho so lando t still works. its personal preference, really.

thanks for reading.

Reuniclus Semi-stall

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover
- Calm Mind

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Entei @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 Atk / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Slack Off

Here was a team that I made the other day, and has proved to be really successful. It was built around the core of cm reuniclus + tanky chomp, since reun is my favorite mon. Tank chomp helps wear down annoying knock-off that can prevent a reuniclus sweep mons like bisharp and crawdaunt, and it also helps with tyranitar and cb scizor. I ran enough defense on reuniclus to avoid the 2hko from 252+ lando-t eq, while running some spdef to help set up on mons like special altaria and subcm keld. The chomp set is really interesting. At first it was the standard stealth rock eq dragon tail toxic set, but that set got worn down extremely quickly. To remedy this, I changed it to a resttalk set with dragon tail and stealth rocks. Although this sounds nooby and dumb, preserving chomp helps deal with a ton of setup sweepers like dd zard x (switchin in on predicted flare blitz) and mega gyarados. Next, I was hella weak to fairies like mega-garde, dd altaria, and azumarill. Mega scizor was an easy choice. I went for a phys def sd set, with superpower to help with bisharp. Next, I realized that my team gets blown back by mega zardy and mega sableye. After searching for a while, I found entei on the teambuilding compendium that CTC made. It switches into zardy well due to assault vest and spdef evs, and it checks mega sableye due to sacred fire burns. (that move is hella good) Next, I wanted a hazard remover who could help with my lando-i weakness. Ya boi added a spdef zapdos, who can avoid the 2hko after rocks from lando-i. (252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Sludge Wave vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Zapdos: 125-147 (32.6 - 38.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery) Lastly, I realized that I got spat on by tail glow manaphy, rock slide lando-i, and specs keldeo. I added the tank loard slowking, who deals with all these threats. This team is kinda weak to zard x, but slowking can avoid the ohko from +1 jolly versions, and twave. I then force it to flare blitz on my mega scizor, but I switch out into my tank chomp. It then takes a shit ton of recoil, from flare blitz, rocky helm, and rough skin. Its next dragon claw on my garchomp should be enough to take it out from all that recoil. Overall, I feel that this is a good display of semi-stall in oras, as it has ways to deal with many annoying threats such as zard y, mega garde, landorus-i, and tg mana. Shoutouts to my boi bludz who helped me make and edit the team.

Thanks guys, and have a good day! ^_^

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
M-Venusaur Bulky Offense

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 144 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Tail Glow

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog
So I guess we're calling this bulky offense I suppose? Idk whatever. Anyways this is one of the more enjoyable teams I like to use for general playing and testing purposes as I feel it's pretty basic so thought I would share it considering most guys and gals who know me have seen me use this one a fair amount. There isn't so much a win condition more so it's a build based on M-Venusaur with some conventional checks to some of its problems and this was one of the first builds where I started using the Manaphy set inspired by the usage of it by Destiny Device during his SPL games. Offensive M-Venu I just wanted to have a water and fairy check with some offensive presence and felt M-Venusaur was a pretty underrated mega in general. Weavile was during the time it was being discussed for a bump up in ranking and I needed an offensive dark type to check Latis for M-Venusaur a bit, plus I needed to test it for ranking purposes anyways and it turned out to be really nice on this team hahaha. Helps mitigate issues with stuff like Landorus and Serperior mostly. Scizor is fairy check and secondary priority user to improve the teams matchup with offense and Manaphy pretty much handles most stall builds and whatever it misses out on his handled by other partners. Hippowdon is rock setter, fat ground for electrics, secondary check to Lopunny so M-Venusaur isn't so pressured to check it alone, bird check, the usual. Latios is hazard removal and provides a second Keldeo check and to a slight extent Zard-Y and a pseudo ground immunity for the team with Levitate. Teams a bit weak to Dragonite and sort of Lucario if you don't play carefully. I guess you can thank Vertex for showing me the Lucario weakness since I almost got cleaned by his several days ago hahaha. Just make sure you don't wear yourself down.

Enjoy.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Altitude (Landorus + Sand Offense)

|
|
|
|
|
|
|

altitude (Landorus) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

realize (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

gravity (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin / Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

into the clouds (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 76 HP / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Draco Meteor / Heal Bell

surprises (Reuniclus) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Recover

through the night (Toxicroak) @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
Jolly Nature
- Ice Punch / Swords Dance
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Sand offense team I built a while ago for the teambuilding competition, and it turned out pretty successful, so I stuck with it. You can find a more detailed explanation of the team, how it works etc. here in my RMT: Altitude. It revolves around Rock Polish Landorus, the most dangerous Pokemon in the metagame as of now, threatening common offense and balanced builds. I paired it up with Tyranitar, as Tyranitar brought the utility of being able to Pursuit trap numerous threats, especially Psychic-types, which Landorus struggle with, such as Latios. Excadrill was added, just to capitalize on the sand Tyranitar provides, and doubles as a good revenge killer and physical sweeper under the sand. Rapid Spin is just to ease switching-in, but Swords Dance could be used to sweep. I originally had Life Orb on Excadrill, but changed it to Air Balloon on Analytic's suggestion to beat Landorus and Excadrill. The next three Pokemon I stole from AM, who posted a core of Reuniclus + MAltaria + Toxicroak in the Good Cores thread, and it fits really well on sand. Reuniclus checks Keldeo and Mega Lopunny, a big threat to the team if left unchecked, and is a great defensive wincon against more defensive-inclined teams. Mega Altaria provides a secondary answer to Keldeo and Mega Lopunny, and deals nicely with Rain offense (think Kingdra and Swampert), and also deals with Mega Sableye, which hard-walls the team should Landorus go down. Draco Meteor on Altaria deals with Talonflame switch-ins and allows Altaria to sort of counter Mega Charizard X, but Heal Bell could be used for cleric utility. Finally, Toxicroak deals with Fairy-types, especially Azumarill, which the team struggles with, rounding it off quite nicely. Originally I had a Swords Dance set, but Ice Punch could be used over Swords Dance so that Toxicroak isn't complete Landorus setup bait.

Threats: Offensive Starmie has little to no switch-ins. I'll either need to predict what move it's firing off correctly, or sack something so that Tyranitar can go Pursuit trap it. Same with any variant of Azumarill as this team has no switch-ins. Again, predictions so that Toxicroak can come in. Kyurem-B has a decent match-up against the team, but most of the time Choice Scarf Tyranitar + Excadrill will defeat it. Scizor is also a threat, especially Choice Band versions. Predicting correctly means Excadrill or Landorus can beat it, but otherwise it has no switch-ins at all. Heal Block Klefki is a monster OMG.

Enjoy~

EDIT: Added Heal Block Klefki. Ban that shit please.

Last edited:
Intersection - VoltTurn Bulky Offense

Tripartition (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Thistle (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 204 HP / 160 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Drain Punch
- Wood Hammer
- Leech Seed

Extrusion (Heatran) (F) @ Air Balloon
EVs: 72 HP / 144 SpA / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Chloride (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Fission (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

This team has only one or two real objectives, and your win-condition isn't too flexible either, but this team definitely has a good amount of defensive presence while still being able to fight for momentum. I've made it to the top 500, and while that's not much of an achievement, I stopped right there and I'm sure that you can go farther. The Mega Scizor is a Roost + 3 Attacks variant, and fights for momentum while also being a Fairy and Mega Meta check. Raikou also can fight for momentum while also keeping bulky waters and fast electrics in check - especially Thundy. Chesnaught may seem a bit out of place, and the lack of Spikes is unfortunate but I have a defogger so it's a rather shaky choice. Despite its spread sacrificing bulk, and often giving switch-ins to things that get little to no punishment but a Leech Seed, it checks and counters so many things for this team it's stupid. From Mega Lopunny, Rain's physical swift swimmers & Politoed too, all variants of Azu but Jolly Belly Drum, Mega Gyarados, and Ferrothorn, it usually can find something to wall which lets it pull its weight. Heatran is god-tier glue with its numerous resistances, and it's no slouch offensively either. Perhaps its most significant role is countering SD Talonflame, whereas Raikou can deal with SpD Talonflame. Azumarill was a band set, and now a Belly Drum set. While it does not contribute much to the team's overall synergy, it's the primary win-condition and is a very potent cleaner if executed correctly. Latios is the defogger and an offensive check to threatening pokemon such as Keldeo, with Roost to increase its longevity.

This team does have several notable threats despite being relatively sound defensively. Cotton Guard + DD MAlt can 6-0 this team as soon as it finds a set-up opportunity, but thankfully it's quite rare. Mega Houndoom is also another very notable threat, being able to potentially 6-0 this team if Raikou is slightly weakened and it wins the speed tie as well as Heatran (who is specifically EV'd to take a +2 Dark Pulse after rocks), and it has Sludge Bomb. While this kind of circumstance is quite rare outside of late-game, the prospect of it should definitely keep you on your toes.

RMT: Contains a comprehensive threatlist of S through A rank, replays and detailed descriptions.

Last edited:
Flying High
Made with help from bludz

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Aerial Ace
- Fire Fang

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Iron Head

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave
- Hurricane
- U-turn

Here's a cool team that I made. I wanted to tryout M-Aerodactyl as it performs great against H/O Teams and is pretty underrated in general. I added Serperior to deal with Bulky water types and spamming Leaf Storms with Contrary allows me to muscle through Balance teams. I then added Hippowdon as my Stealth Rocker and bird check, I then decided to add Swords Dance Exca to take advantage of Sand and as a Fairy check but made it a Rapid Spinner after unsuccessful attempts with Starmie as my spinner. Keldeo was added as I was having an incredibly hard time beating Bulky M-Scizor and Specs is great at pressuring teams(SubCM is an option too). Torn-T was added as a Gengar, Lati@s and Keldeo check and is a great pivot in general It's a pretty well rounded team and doesn't have too many glaring weaknesses bar Kyu-B and Mega Altaria but they're revenge killed rather easily.

EDIT: Thanks GeeMick Invok3r Mack Bus for suggesting changes

Last edited:
Rock-solid balance team :)

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 88 HP / 232 Def / 80 SpD / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bolt Strike
- Taunt

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 92 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 112 HP / 20 Atk / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Focus Blast
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 240 HP / 192 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Latias (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 80 HP / 176 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

Ok first thing,credit where credit's due. This is an adaptation of a ben gay team :). And it is pretty solid and has some innovative sets like defensive Victini and Focus Blast Clefable. There's no one archetype that it really struggles against,and is one of those teams that I constantly come back to. Defensive Tini checks Lopunny+SD TFlame no problem. Do you know that +2 TFlame has only a 65% chance to 2HKO Tini after SR? And that Tini checks MVoir+MGross+ZardY in one slot? Awesome :"D

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-207791666 - Replay of said team :)

Last edited:

bludz

Rock Polish Mega Diancie Bulky Offense

Victini @ Choice Band
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 60 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Rash Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Rock Polish

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Firstly, shoutout to ThePack for providing me with the idea for the core (M-Diancie + Victini). Anyway this team is built around weakening the checks and counters for Mega Diancie so you can set up a Rock Polish and sweep. Diancie's spread allows it to outspeed base 115s in normal form after a RP so it can set up on things like Starmie etc if it really needs to. Victini is your typical CB variant with enough speed to creep max neutral natured Kyurem-Black and with some left over EVs in HP for bulk. Basically Victini checks Steel types for Mega Diancie (bar Heatran which Diancie can Earth Power) while Diancie better takes on stuff like Tyranitar and Garchomp. Tornadus-Therian provides a secondary wallbreaker, checks Poison types for Diancie (Venusaur, Amoonguss, Gengar), completes a U-turn core with Victini and smacks physically bulky walls that are annoying for Victini. The two also overload Rotom-Wash so that Diancie can finish it off easily. The core was looking really weak to water types, sand offense and Bisharp to a degree so Keldeo was added. I went with SubCM because it needs longevity to do its best at checking those things and being locked into the wrong move provides too many setup opportunities for opposing teams. The rest of the team is great at wearing down its checks and counters for it as well. So at this point the team was weak to Azumarill particularly as well as lacking reliable switch-ins to most dragon types so Ferrothorn was added to alleviate these problems while also setting up Stealth Rocks and being the go-to Fairy check. Lastly Zapdos was added for a more reliable Talonflame check outside of Mega Diancie, while also Defogging and checking pokemon like Scizor, bulky water types and also Mega Lopunny to a degree. I have HP [Ice] over Heat Wave to lure in and weaken Garchomps / Lando-Ts so that Victini can wallbreak more easily. Letting a Magnezone trap Ferrothorn is an awesome way to allow Mega Diancie to set up but honestly it sets up on a lot of common pokemon particularly flying types such as Thundurus, Talonflame and Tornadus-Therian. Anyway the team's definitely weak to some strong wallbreakers like Specs Keldeo, Gengar, and so on but the U-turn core allows a method to maintain enough momentum to not be completely floored by such things. Generally offense that carries such powerhouses can be swept by Mega Diancie if the proper pokemon are weakened and/or removed so play with that gameplan in mind and find a suitable time to set up a Rock Polish.

Rock Polish Mega Diancie Bulky Offense

Victini @ Choice Band
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 60 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Rash Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Moonblast
- Rock Polish

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunderbolt / Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Firstly, shoutout to ThePack for providing me with the idea for the core (M-Diancie + Victini). Anyway this team is built around weakening the checks and counters for Mega Diancie so you can set up a Rock Polish and sweep. Diancie's spread allows it to outspeed base 115s in normal form after a RP so it can set up on things like Starmie etc if it really needs to. Victini is your typical CB variant with enough speed to creep max neutral natured Kyurem-Black and with some left over EVs in HP for bulk. Basically Victini checks Steel types for Mega Diancie (bar Heatran which Diancie can Earth Power) while Diancie better takes on stuff like Tyranitar and Garchomp. Tornadus-Therian provides a secondary wallbreaker, checks Poison types for Diancie (Venusaur, Amoonguss, Gengar), completes a U-turn core with Victini and smacks physically bulky walls that are annoying for Victini. The two also overload Rotom-Wash so that Diancie can finish it off easily. The core was looking really weak to water types, sand offense and Bisharp to a degree so Keldeo was added. I went with SubCM because it needs longevity to do its best at checking those things and being locked into the wrong move provides too many setup opportunities for opposing teams. The rest of the team is great at wearing down its checks and counters for it as well. So at this point the team was weak to Azumarill particularly as well as lacking reliable switch-ins to most dragon types so Ferrothorn was added to alleviate these problems while also setting up Stealth Rocks and being the go-to Fairy check. Lastly Zapdos was added for a more reliable Talonflame check outside of Mega Diancie, while also Defogging and checking pokemon like Scizor, bulky water types and also Mega Lopunny to a degree. I have HP [Ice] over Heat Wave to lure in and weaken Garchomps / Lando-Ts so that Victini can wallbreak more easily. Letting a Magnezone trap Ferrothorn is an awesome way to allow Mega Diancie to set up but honestly it sets up on a lot of common pokemon particularly flying types such as Thundurus, Talonflame and Tornadus-Therian. Anyway the team's definitely weak to some strong wallbreakers like Specs Keldeo, Gengar, and so on but the U-turn core allows enough momentum to not be completely floored by such things. Generally offense that carries such powerhouses can be swept by Mega Diancie if the proper pokemon are weakened and/or removed so play with that gameplan in mind and find a suitable time to set up a Rock Polish.
The true shoutout goes out to GeeMick who gave me the core ():]

This is a core I wanted to make around HP Fire Diancie and Victini yeah. Sounds strange since tini destroys the targets of hp fire, but it ended up working as I 6-0ed my opponent in the first series of the Tutee tour finals (his only Diancie check was Scizor) and Victini breaks blanket checks like Clefable and Hippowdon. However the team I came up with actually wasn't too good overall, so it's really nice to see something around that core, it puts immense amounts of pressure.
I find you really weak to Keld especially scarf variants and Diancie not being max speed doesn't help

bludz

This is a core I wanted to make around HP Fire Diancie and Victini yeah. Sounds strange since tini destroys the targets of hp fire, but it ended up working as I 6-0ed my opponent in the first series of the Tutee tour finals (his only Diancie check was Scizor) and Victini breaks blanket checks like Clefable and Hippowdon. However the team I came up with actually wasn't too good overall, so it's really nice to see something around that core, it puts immense amounts of pressure.
I find you really weak to Keld especially scarf variants and Diancie not being max speed doesn't help
Rofl I actually saw you play that game. But yeah the teams definitely a bit too weak to Keld, never really fixed that so to anyone who tries it keep that in mind and feel free to fix it up. Maybe I'll edit it on my own some time and post the changes

bludz

Well sorry for the double post but this thread is seriously underutilized and I think it's a great resource. I hope other people will post more teams here since I have accounted for 4 teams on the past 2 pages.

I just dumped a semi-stall team of mine in the Stall in ORAS thread so I decided I'll leave it here as well with a bit more description.

reality tv slut (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Soft-Boiled

i ate barney (Tornadus-Therian) (M) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 156 HP / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn

gimme ur lunch $ (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 216 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost

want fries w/ that? (Slowking) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 36 SpA / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

pablo escobar (Hippowdon) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

robot chicken (Skarmory) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Counter
- Whirlwind

I started off with the Clefable + Zard X + Torn-T core. I'm running Encore on Clefable to mess with other set up mons like Manaphy and opposing Clefables. The free turns granted by Encore are so clutch for this team and it allows Clefa to beat others Clefs 1v1 as well, although Thunderbolt might actually be a little bit better because SpDef Talon is death. Zard X is standard with EQ > Dragon Claw to lure Heatrans but Dragon Claw is also pretty good here. Torn-T has HP [Ice] to break Gliscors and heavily dent things like bulky Garchomps, with the rest of its moveset being the standard utility to handle stuff like Gengar and Alakazam. At this point the team was looking weak to water stuff so I added AV Slowking to sponge hits from things like Charizard Y and Keldeo, with Dragon Tail to phaze stuff like regular Gyarados. It forms a Regen core with Torn-T and has enough defensive investment to take on 4 Atk Mega Diancie when SR is not up which alleviates the burden from Clefable a bit. Hippowdon was added for Stealth Rocks, a primary answer to things like opposing Zard X, Bisharp, Talonflame and a better electric type check than Clefable. Skarmory was added for Defog support, a requisite steel type and also to help provide another answer to powerful physical attackers like Bisharp, Weavile, Excadrill, Scizor and Mega Metagross.

As I mentioned in the other thread, moveset changes include Tbolt > Encore on Clef, Heat Wave > HP [Ice] on Torn-T, Ice Beam > Fire Blast on Slowking, Dragon Claw > EQ on Zard X. Also not running Unaware Clefa since I need a status absorber and for the most part the team can deal with setup sweepers, and the most threatening one (Taunt Mega Gyarados) beats Unaware Clefable anyway.

So yeah team's weak to bulky Talons and physical water type attackers like Azumarill, Feraligatr and Taunt Gyarados (keep Skarmory and Slowking healthy for these mons), and definitely other fat teams to a degree, but handles most other things pretty darn well. Rotom is a bit annoying I guess but Zard X can set up on it once it's mega evolved. I learned the hard way that you can't be too reactionary when playing with this team; get up rocks early so that offense can't make a ton of aggressive double switches freely.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Gonna go ahead and dump some teams here cause like bludz stated this thread needs a ton more recognition, which I agree with, and might as well share some I've been enjoying using.

M-Sableye Balance

CallMePapi (Sableye) (M) @ Sablenite
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Snatch

Tele (Slowbro) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

TeeHee (Excadrill) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

OwenWilson (Dragalge) (M) @ Draco Plate
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Toxic Spikes

BBW (Heatran) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

StupidMoron (Breloom) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance
I think most people who hang out in the OU room have seen me use this one and notice it by the M-Sableye nickname. Team focus more or less is establishing either a sweep with Breloom, Slowbro, or to remove all ground switch ins and defensive grounds so that Excadrill can clean late-game. That last point is generally how the team handles most offense. Snatch M-Sableye is to function as a stall-breaker for defensive cores to mitigate recovery either recovery for Status or HP. Defense invested Heatran provides a way to slow down Bisharp and SD variants of Talonflame, non EQ Zard-X, and to an extent bulky M-Scizor. Calm Mind Slowbro allows a way to get past Magic Guard Clefable along with one of the three general water switch ins such as Keldeo and provides a general pivoting tool for the team. Breloom is set up sweeper and a Rotom-W counter and status absorber while Dragalge functions as a primary switch in to the likes of Char-Y and Thundurus with offensive Draco Plate with Tspikes to break down Hippowdon and TSpike prone mons in general. Team you have to be careful with Manaphy and to an extent play carefully around Volt-Turn teams and SD Bisharp. Other than that most things can be played around generally.

How team functions in a general sense. Man I should save more replays lol.
OU Room tour final
General match

M-Diancie Offense

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Sharpen

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 28 Def / 232 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Magnet Rise
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP, 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Grass Knot
- Defog

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpD
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]
Pretty plain old offense that I use for testing purposes or just general games where I'm too tired to have a real thought process other than clicking buttons and acting like I know what I'm doing. Sharpen M-Diancie is to break special walls and most conventional switch ins that think they're safe from Diamond Storm like Clefable, which Calm Mind variant annoys most of the team with. Volcarona is just Lum Berry, Bug Buzz so M-Latias and fat psychics aren't a nightmare to deal with. Tankchomp to help with TFlame and the majority of contact attackers like Mega Metagross and Mega Lopunny. Flash Cannon Klefki is so the team isn't so M-Diancie weak. I forgot what the defense investment was for so that can be changed. Grass Knot Latios is for fat waters like Slowbro, Suicune, and Hippowdon so I don't lose momentum on using Draco Meteor. Specs Keldeo is pretty standard HP Bug is for taking out its usual switch ins like Starmie and Celebi. Rain is problematic for team along with Azumarill so Passho Volcarona can be used. Probably could fit a Weavile on there since no one really prepares for it now a days which amplifies Volcarona effectiveness.

M-Scizor Balance

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 180 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 164 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 48 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Calm Mind

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 64 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP, 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
I really just wanted to use M-Scizor + Mew together with this team since I always thought they were a cool combo. It was a quick team I put together but turned out ok in practice so figured why not in adding it here. Teams focus is simple, get hazards up asap and then utilize double switches and the presence of Manaphy, Gengar, Mew, and M-Scizor to get hazard damage and break down the team. Subsplit Gengar is to have a crutch against normal switch ins to it such as Tyranitar to escape behind a Sub and Pain Split to slow down fat mons and maintain longevity. M-Scizor is pretty standard with Superpower as coverage. Mew is basic stall-breaker along with Manaphy so team isn't too weak to M-Sabeye builds and stall. Shed Shell Ferrothorn to stop from it being trapped by Magnezone and Gothitelle which could pose a problem if they're allowed to remove Ferrothorn as it helps with both Gyarados formes. Teams weak to Zard-X and Zard-Y so careful around those.

Team function
Casual match on smogtours
That's it for replays ;-; or at least ones that show team :^)

Feel free to change whatever suits your needs. Would like to think most are foundations and that everything is subjective in terms of how somebody wants a team member to function so enjoy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)