Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If you run Dugtrio as support for XZard, I highly reccommend Toxic on it to severely cripple Hippowdon+bulky Waters (also probably pair it with Serperior since it destroys the aformentioned+loves having Heatran removed)

When Generation 7 (or whatever it's called) comes out, will all of the Uber Pokemon be re-tested in OU to see if they are still broken?

When Generation 7 (or whatever it's called) comes out, will all of the Uber Pokemon be re-tested in OU to see if they are still broken?
Some may some may not. The obviously broken ones (so version legends, the primals, etc) won't.

But expect some with a close vote to be retested and those that we're OU in the beggining of XY

I've been reading the viability ranking and someone said that cleric set was not the best set Sylveon has (due to clefable). What is the best Sylveon's set? Specs?

The process this gen was an initial primary banlist, or something along that wording, that consists mostly of cover legends, Arceus, Darkrai, Skymin, Deo-A. This gen, there was a short set of "quick bans", which is saying in laymen's terms "these should have been on the initial banlist". I believe Deo-N, Gengarite, Kangaskhanite, Blaziken, and Salamencite were the quick bans this gen. Most of the Ubers that were suspect tested (outside of probably Mega Luke) will more then likely get another shot at OU next gen.

Worth pointing out that Excadrill, Manaphy, Torn-T, Thundurus, and probably some things I'm forgetting are OU for the foreseeable future when they got all got banned last gen.

Karxrida

Eventide (art by @kzhjp)
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I believe Deo-N and Blaziken actually were on the initial list, but had very breif tests privately done by the OU council after the Gen started to see if they could be unbanned. It was super early into XY and the there was no discussion for them like the quickbans.

How did the decision to allow Kyurem-B into OU in BW come about?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/kyurem-b-discussion-is-it-broken.3486223/
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-bw-ou-suspect-testing-round-7-ice-ice-baby.3473636/

Those threads will probably help a little. Not sure if you could point to an exact reason or statement why Kyu-B came into the discussion for dropping.

I believe Deo-N and Blaziken actually were on the initial list, but had very breif tests privately done by the OU council after the Gen started to see if they could be unbanned. It was super early into XY and the there was no discussion for them like the quickbans.
I believe part of the reason there was a lack of discussion is that we already knew what Deo-N and Blaziken did and the impact they had of the metagame, whereas Kanga and Gengar were much more of a grey area. Heck we didn't know much about Megas and really didn't even have a policy in place for suspecting Megas around the time those two got discussed.

Is salac berry manaphy good? So many teams ways of dealing with it are hitting it hard with fast attackers(alakazam,latis,gengar) and then revenging and salac means they often couldn't revenge you because of the speed boost. I haven't tried it but it sounds good on paper.

It was better because Weavile and fairies weren't omnipresent in the Meta like they are today because of Weavile's reduced viability and the fact that fairies didn't exist, and it did a decent job breaking steels with +2 LO or Respective Gem EQ/Superpower for dragon spam teams if I remember correctly.

+2 252+ Atk Fighting Gem Mold Breaker Haxorus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 48+ Def Ferrothorn: 654-770 (185.7 - 218.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 48+ Def Ferrothorn: 181-214 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- 93.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Superpower vs. 224 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 233-274 (71.2 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mold Breaker Haxorus Superpower vs. 252 HP / 48+ Def Ferrothorn: 567-668 (161 - 189.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Sure, it was much better than now, but it still had a place only in dragonspam teams and not anywhere else. If I thinks of BW gods fallen from their former glory, I think of Terrakion, Reuniclus, Hydreigon or Jellicent, not to mention the obvious Politoed, not of a C+ mon like Haxorus was.

Sure, it was much better than now, but it still had a place only in dragonspam teams and not anywhere else. If I thinks of BW gods fallen from their former glory, I think of Terrakion, Reuniclus, Hydreigon or Jellicent, not to mention the obvious Politoed, not of a C+ mon like Haxorus was.
What made those mons not as good?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How are "jump points" determined? What EVs should I invest to hit a "jump point"? I'm confused on this one.
Jump points are when you get 2 points boost in a stat from putting in 4 EVs as opposed to the typical 1 stat point. I dont think there is any particular formula to it, but I'm pretty sure it only occurs with stat boosting nature (as in you're trying to hit a jump point in defense you'd need a defense boosting nature). There might be a better way of doing it but I usually just mess around with the EV slider in the teambuilder to see where I hit a jump point. For example, putting 16 EVs in attack alongside an Adamant nature on Rhydon hits a Jump point because 12 EVs net you a stat of 328 Attack while 16 EVs net you a stat of 330 Attack.
Hope this helped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)