Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen a few people use Garchomp with Rough Skin and Endure. How is that achieved, was there an event?
My understanding is that Endure is a Gen4 TM and an Emerald Tutor move but Rough Skin is a Gen5 onwards ability. Also not an egg move for Gible. So shouldn't they be incompatible?
It was most likely generated.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I've seen a few people use Garchomp with Rough Skin and Endure. How is that achieved, was there an event?
My understanding is that Endure is a Gen4 TM and an Emerald Tutor move but Rough Skin is a Gen5 onwards ability. Also not an egg move for Gible. So shouldn't they be incompatible?
Garchomp can learn Endure only when obtained from:
  • gen 5 dream world
  • any generation before 5

Some Dream World stuff according to Bulbapedia. Se here.

Edit: Ninja'd

since ghosts can't be trapped in XY, can they be roared out after being baton passed ingrain?
I think it's in the way that Ghost-types only avoid getting trapped from Shadow Tag, they can be trapped from stuff like Ingrain I'm quite sure. Similarly Pokemon not affected by Ground-type moves don't get trapped from Arena Trap, but get trapped from other things.

Edit: Looks like I thought wrong then

Last edited:
I think it's in the way that Ghost-types only avoid getting trapped from Shadow Tag, they can be trapped from stuff like Ingrain I'm quite sure. Similarly Pokemon not affected by Ground-type moves don't get trapped from Arena Trap, but get trapped from other things.
Yeah I know ghost types can't be trapped. I read ghost types can voluntarily switch out when trapped by ingrain, so I was wondering if that means they can be forced out as well.

I thought Levitate and Flying types escaping was on Arena Traps end. To my knowledge, Ghost types are immune to trapping period, because I remember people discussing Aegislash being untrappable not just by Gothitelle, but by Magnezone during the tests when discussing his pivoting abilities.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
According to Bulbapedia, Ghost-types are allowed to switch out even if they're under the effects of Ingrain.

What are some decent lures for Azumarill?
Weavile and M-Sharpedo with Poison Jab do a fine job at luring in Fairies in general (they both 2HKO Azumarill). There's also the rare but cool to use Banded Infernape with Gunk Shot that I've personally use with some success which lures in many Fairies (OHKO on Azumarill).

I'm sure there's many more of them, but those are the ones that come to my mind. I'm sure there are other people that might answer you better than me.

How do you fill in a final slot in a HO team if you have what you need in the team already? Such as this :

Lead Azelf
Mixed Infernape
Mixed Mega Sharpedo
NP Thundurus
Scarf Diggersby
?

Another Wincon, Choice User, etc?
Could Togekiss work as a Sableye killer and secondary Wincon? Or is it a momentum killer?
It's always great to have another wincon and you could possibly even throw hazard control and a stallbreaker on there as well like Taunt Gengar or something like that

For LO pokemon, is 29 HP IV always better than 31 (the same way 0 atk > 31/30 atk iv for purely special attackers), or is it more of a situational thing?

Karxrida

For LO pokemon, is 29 HP IV always better than 31 (the same way 0 atk > 31/30 atk iv for purely special attackers), or is it more of a situational thing?
It's largely dependent on each Mon's Base HP stat. LO Gengar runs an IV of 29 because it makes the last HP digit a 9, maximizing the amount of HP it gets (factoring in LO recoil) and gives an extra attack. Other Mons would have to run different HP IVs depending on their stat to make the last digit a 9.

Karxrida

Whats mega garchomps most effective ev spread for bulk
Mega Garchomp does not run any bulk investment as far as I know. Normal Garchomp is a better tank since Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet lets it wear down/punish contact attackers like Bisharp and Mega Metagross.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I've checked the strategy dec and a wall breaking set for mega garchomp is not up there does anyone know its wall breaking set
Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang / Stone Edge

This is Mega Chomp's best set atm. I personally prefer an Adamant Nature over Jolly but Jolly gets the jump on things like neutral-natured Kyubes and everything slower.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly / Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang / Stone Edge

This is Mega Chomp's best set atm. I personally prefer an Adamant Nature over Jolly but Jolly gets the jump on things like neutral-natured Kyubes and everything slower.
thanks a lot bro could you perhaps slash dragon claw for draco meteor as a way to defeat its physical switch ins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)