Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are some good teammates for Infernape? In terms of like balanced teams and/or offensive teams? Thanks!
Offensive Infernape pairs up great with Latios, as Infernape provides answers so some of Latios' key problems such as (Mega) Scizor, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Bisharp, (these are even less worrying when Infernape has Mach Punch) Jirachi, etc., including even Celebi. (Since Latios finds that annoying since Celebi can take 2 Draco Meteors) Latios, in return, provides for switch-ins that Infernape cannot possibly commit to such as Keldeo, Rotom-W, Thundurus, Mega Manectric, Raikou. Infernape also has STABs that matches up well to the needs of Dragon and Psychic as well and Infernape's coverage generally makes up for Latios' raw damage.

Kind of annoys me that Latios isn't mentioned once on the offensive set, so I'm giving him as an option since he's been one of the Pokemon I've been using in the majority of my offensive Infernape teams so he works wonders. Btw when I say offensive I mean bulky offensive not hyper offense, as Infernape does far better in bulky offense than he does hyper offense as coverage over raw power is much more often a choice you can choose; Infernape also has more opportunities to be sent out with a bulky offensive team because well, there are more switch-in options so he even less likely to take unnecessary damage.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Is Assault Vest Slowbro viable, or does Slowking outclass it as a Assault Vest user? (I understand Slowking gets Dragon Tail for phazing, but I would really like to know if Bro is a viable AV user to boost its lower Spdef)
slowking outclasses it because of its special bulk mainly

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Is Hawlucha good in OU right now?
It used to be better around 2 months ago. Hawlucha struggles to find opportunities to set up in this metagame because pokemon like Alakazam, Lopunny and Tornadus-T are really common now and they prevent Hawlucha from getting any chance to set up. Even after setting up, Hawlucha is less dangerous than it used to be: Weavile is common, Unaware Clefable is common, Tankchomp is common, Mega Altaria is common; many teams are prepared for it because Hawlucha shares similar checks as pokemon like Lopunny and Charizard X, but once these checks are weakened, Hawlucha does not have many problems to clean up.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
iFPG

Obviously the easiest mega's to begin with are the ones ranked the highest. Mega Altaria, Mega Metagross, Mega Scizor and Mega Venusaur are very good at their jobs, so you can try out one of those. If you have problems with teambuilding you can go here, here or here for some nice teambuilding tips. This can help too. Or you can always test out sample teams from the Sample Teams thread or the Team Showcase. Good luck with your team!

iFPG

Obviously the easiest mega's to begin with are the ones ranked the highest. Mega Altaria, Mega Metagross, Mega Scizor and Mega Venusaur are very good at their jobs, so you can try out one of those. If you have problems with teambuilding you can go here, here or here for some nice teambuilding tips. This can help too. Or you can always test out sample teams from the Sample Teams thread or the Team Showcase. Good luck with your team!
All I want to know is which mega to use. Is Scizor, Gardevoir, or Altaria the best?

All I want to know is which mega to use. Is Scizor, Gardevoir, or Altaria the best?
I personally think Mega Metagross is probably the easiest mon to build a team around. he requires a minimum of support, leaving the rest of your slots free. but that's just my opinion, and I've seen all of the different megas you've listed be used to great effect.

Well, Gardevoir Hyper Voices are more spammable due to going through subs and Fairy being a really good offensive type, but several Megas outdamage it unboosted. Both Zards, for starters.

Why is BP still legal ?
Because drypass is still a valid strategy, be either a tool to avoid pursuit(espeon, celebi) , to actually pass stuff(Scolipede, gorebyss, celebi) or to gain the switching initiative(Mega lopunny). A few dedicated teams do make it seem broken by acting like a machine by causing team preview issues

What would people say is the "most flexible" nature for Landorus-T? Like, what nature is used by the most sets, or at least by a set that's hard to invalidate in the meta, sort of like how Gengar's LO Attacker set is almost always a set worth considering? Maybe Gengar's a bad example since he always picks Timid, but does that question make any sense?

I'm gonna be working on getting an on-cart Lando-T, and I'm just worried about the nature getting phased out by meta trends like what ended up happening to my Jolly Garchomp when Tankchomp became his best set. More concerned here since Lando is much harder to get a different natured specimen.

What would people say is the "most flexible" nature for Landorus-T? Like, what nature is used by the most sets, or at least by a set that's hard to invalidate in the meta, sort of like how Gengar's LO Attacker set is almost always a set worth considering? Maybe Gengar's a bad example since he always picks Timid, but does that question make any sense?

I'm gonna be working on getting an on-cart Lando-T, and I'm just worried about the nature getting phased out by meta trends like what ended up happening to my Jolly Garchomp when Tankchomp became his best set. More concerned here since Lando is much harder to get a different natured specimen.
impish and jolly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)